• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Top most skilled swordmans in the wiki

I also don't think Musashi would be using her Fate hax to win, honestly seems like she'd want to prolong a good sword fight as opposed to ending it via cutting Fate.

Honestly really ******* stupid for any honorable Swordsmen to have the ability to cut Fate rather than actually enjoying the fight itself. It's basically an instant "**** you I win." button.

Probably lol.

I personally view Mihawk as being more skilled, simply because he can toy with Zoro with a butter knife and some simple foot work, this being the same Zoro who can bypass Instinctive Reactions and act dance around attacks from Hatchan which are nigh unpredictable.
Wasn't Edelweiss the Mihawk to Ikki's zoro tho?
I recall her being higher than him in the og skill thread for that

Passive as in thought based btw.
And to top this off, musashi cannot damage soujiro has his has passive barrier that reflects all attacks so all of musashi attacks gets reflected back to her
Even in stats equal soujiro still stomp.
You have not shown me musashi
Resistance to
Concept manip
Fate manip
Time manip (resist her future been cut).

The reason why I mentioned high godly was that he can also bypass people with such regen with his blade.
Which means his attacks erases people conceptually
Musashi can cut multi layered barrier that do praticaly the same thing so his barrier will not be a problem.

You don't have show why he stomp tho.

Here for the résistance the thread was accepted. Crimson just need to add it, and like i tell before Musashi have magic resistance rank A which mean she litteraly resist everything that magic resistance allow to resist (+ concept resistance is already on servant physiology).

No ? Negating high godly regen just mean that you stop them to regen nothing to do with erasing conceptualy people.(and poeple with this regen, can regen that in first)

I also don't think Musashi would be using her Fate hax to win, honestly seems like she'd want to prolong a good sword fight as opposed to ending it via cutting Fate.

Honestly really ******* stupid for any honorable Swordsmen to have the ability to cut Fate rather than actually enjoying the fight itself. It's basically an instant "**** you I win." button.
It's depend on the people, need to recall that 99% of people she ever fight are stronger than her and was at this time "more" skilled than her And got hard hax But if she don't need the fate hax she would not using it, except her eyes their are passive she can't stop them.

She even have a skill that make her passively go in zero form if the guy is sensed as dangerous

It's depend on the people, need to recall that 99% of people she ever fight are stronger than her and was at this time "more" skilled than her. But if she don't need the fate hax she would not using it, except her eyes their are passive she can't stop them
Yeah but speaking in a narrative view wouldn't it be much more impact full for Musashi to overcome such occurrences via training, hard work and smart thinking? Characters like Zoro and such are capable to fight against more skilled opponents who are strong and faster via growth, and smart thinking, that to me from a writing standpoint seems to empathize skill more than restoring to "I can cut skill GG." I understand that Nasu isn't exactly the most gifted writer, but he definitely took the wrong direction when handling Musashi and Sasaki's skill.

So i guess i will just rant about Sion for a bit and you guys make the ranking afterwards?

Sion can:

Perfectly copy martial arts after seeing them once. She not only perfects them, she applies experience to said arts like she did it "tens of thousands of time". Her understanding of martial arts is so good that she can deduce the concept and purpose of every move and stance.

Fight absolutly unbothered by the fact that her body is reduced to bones and meat hanging of said bones, by holding her body and strength though body control together.

Reflect the physical force behind a attack back at her enemies.

Do sword techniques with her legs and foot. Furthermore, she can fight regardless of footing and spatial alignment

Her analytical prediction is so good that she can kick her sword, making it spin and behead a enemy cleanly, whipe out an army with temporary energy blades and have her sword, perfectly timed, fall back into her hands for a counter attack against a enemy that was pseudo teleporting at her.

Make her sword attack appear to be invisible through techniques. By erasing her attack rythm and making them completly free, Sion throw unperceivable cuts, a effect that was stated to be impossible to archive with speed.

Evolve her skill mid fight to face far stronger enemies.

Fight Hyperion with nothing but a sword. Hyperion is already physically far superior to Sion, passivly erodes things around it, slowly affecting her. Futhermore, it debuffs anyone who dosnt just die from its aura down to 20%. Not by 20%, down to 20%. Its weapon can deal fatal damage just by touching you, it had Danmaku and drones and 2 revives plus power up. The first powerup gave it pseudo teleportation and energy weapons, the second powerup amped it even more. I got another oneshotting spear and laser foot blades which it used to relentlessly combo onto Sion. Sion faced all of that with nothing more but her sword and she killed it at the end.

Not really worth gush on about but Sion has a massive skill scaling chain as the universe greatest Sword master ever. Furthermore there is some general shit like sufficently skilled Knights being able to cut so well that a dude who literally ***** and cuts with space is envious of that.

Musashi can cut multi layered barrier that do praticaly the same thing so his barrier will not be a problem.

Barrier Generation (Uho-hou is a passive barrier that adapts to spirits and concepts and as such can influence territories like higher dimensional spiritual defenses and its special nature resides in eliminating weakness points) and Limited Attack Reflection (Said barrier will change the direction of any attack in their blind spots ensuring their safety)

Even with stats equal the potency of soujiro barrier cannot be bypassed by her as soujiro barriers are higher D to him
You don't have show why he stomp tho.

Here for the résistance the thread was accepted. Crimson just need to add it, and like i tell before Musashi have magic resistance rank A which mean she litteraly resist everything that magic resistance allow to resist (+ concept resistance is already on servant physiology).
I am saying resistance to type 1 conceptual manip?
No ? Negating high godly regen just mean that you stop them to regen nothing to do with erasing conceptualy people.(and poeple with this regen, can regen that in first)
And again that is his whole thing he attacks people concepts that literally all he does with all his attacks.
Now also where is musashi resistance to
Fate manip and time manip

Yeah but speaking in a narrative view wouldn't it be much more impact full for Musashi to overcome such occurrences via training, hard work and smart thinking? Characters like Zoro and such are capable to fight against more skilled opponents who are strong and faster via growth, and smart thinking, that to me from a writing standpoint seems to empathize skill more than restoring to "I can cut skill GG." I understand that Nasu isn't exactly the most gifted writer, but he definitely took the wrong direction when handling Musashi and Sasaki's skill.
I'm totally okay with that for musashi at least, but we need to know the big part od the grown is not know by us, when we encounter musashi she already praticaly in the peak of her swordsmanship we only see her affronting people with hax so she just development her "hax skill' better and reach the domain she always dreamed (even in fate people call her just a plot device machine she more a shonen prota that us lol)

And sasaki the ones we encounter is already in the peak, but we know from the past that he hard really hard work only two thing have do in life it's battle swordman and training himself to be able to do what he do now.

It's surely one of the lost sad "flaw" you will rarely see a servant grown as their already her as their peak of the limit the class let them be

Barrier Generation (Uho-hou is a passive barrier that adapts to spirits and concepts and as such can influence territories like higher dimensional spiritual defenses and its special nature resides in eliminating weakness points) and Limited Attack Reflection (Said barrier will change the direction of any attack in their blind spots ensuring their safety).
Well one more time does not really have a thing to do with swordmanship skill, but yeah she don't have higher dimmensionnal manip (even tho she can cut god who have barrier of same tier than them)
I am saying resistance to type 1 conceptual manip?
Fate concept is only accepted as type 1 for servant so if she have resistance to concept manip you want it to be what except type 1?

And again that is his whole thing he attacks people concepts that literally all he does with all his attacks.
Now also where is musashi resistance to
Fate manip and time manip
I mean it's just tell that he can cut concept, cutting a concept doesn't mean you can cut the concept of existance of someone.

And can't you read crt?

Magic Resistance should function as Power Nullification, Damage Reduction, and Resistance to Magic, including all the effects listed in this blog.

The blog mentionned

+ These thing added that was accepted,

"It should be added in resistance they thing that they can do with magecraft.

From Medea Profile:

Light Manipulation: because Rain of Light (Machia Hecatia Graea).

Ice Manipulation (Can manipulate ice and summon it down on enemies)

Telekinesis (Lifted some bodies into the air)

Air Manipulation, Disease Manipulation (Created a plume of air with a simple gesture. Can control Plague Winds with Aero)

Density Manipulation (Manipulated the density of air to trap Saber in a membrane of it)

Thread Manipulation, Body Puppetry (Can create threads of mana that force the affected to move according to how she wishes, preventing them from even screaming)

Transmutation, Size Manipulation, Sealing (Can perform divine punishment, such as turning people into pigs or trapping them into tiny worlds)

Higher-Dimensional Manipulation, BFR (Can send people away by teleporting them with Enforced Transference, pulling them out of the third dimension)

Illusion Creation, Sense Manipulation (Created a detailed illusion that trapped Atrum Galliasta, altering his senses to make him not realize that he was being actively immolated)

Poison Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Fragrance Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Soul Manipulation (She could develop an Incense, a gaseous poison that "Destroys love", leaves people impotent, and makes them comatose, and used this to steal souls during the UBW route)

From Caster Gilles de Rais:

Blood Manipulation (Caused blood on the ground to evaporate into mist)

Fear Manipulation (Can rouse the fear of the unknown in others)

From Archimedes :

Fate Manipulation (Can cast a Time Lock, which makes events impossible to change past a certain point)

Souren Araya:
Plant Manipulation (used his Magecraft to create an enhanced version of Cannabis, imbued with the concept of Consumption)

Touko Aozaki:
Hypnotism (Via wards and spells)

And with Rin that have gravity manipulation (UBW ep3). "

Well one more time does not really have a thing to do with swordmanship skill, but yeah she don't have higher dimmensionnal manip (even tho she can cut god who have barrier of same tier than them)
He can cut 1B when he was 3D
Fate concept is only accepted as type 1 for servant so if she have resistance to concept manip you want it to be what except type 1?
The scans where it was shown that conceptual attack was resisted was not a type 1 tho. The type of conceptual attack they resist should be specified, cause it is sure as hell not type 1.
I mean it's just tell that he can cut concept, cutting a concept doesn't mean you can cut the concept of existance of someone.
When you attack someone concept what are you trying to do? Make them stronger or kill them? It is simple he attacks the concept of anyone he is fighting which means death on a slash. Which musashi has no resistance to. And also fate manip and time manip
And can't you read crt?

Magic Resistance should function as Power Nullification, Damage Reduction, and Resistance to Magic, including all the effects listed in this blog.
All the rest are useless I will only face this
Resistant to Power Nullification (Could force the activation of his power even after Tenma Sukuna used his Taikyoku), and again by SBA none of soujiro attack is A rank magic or even works like magic in nasuverse.
And if they were to be equalized soujiro magical haxes would be EX++++ & +

Just to be clear in an actual battle with all stats equalized, soujiro decimates, don't wanna wank but well here are soujiro haxes, who am I kidding I wanna wank

It is fate what do you think
GW8iv3c.png

A-aren't you arguing for Soujiro...?

You would think that's all but Nah that is not, it continues

Resistances

You would think that's all but Nah that is not, it continues
Just to be clear in an actual battle with all stats equalized, soujiro decimates, don't wanna wank but well here are soujiro haxes, who am I kidding I wanna wank
Please do note this is all for fun and kinda spite against nasu fans but well it is all for fun and I am not usually like this with shinzaverse and I don't argue for shinza (i have not found one that is not a stomp match one way or another) but it was fun this afternoon @Regidian nice chatting with you tho

While at that, you should read dies irae, it is a really nice VN you will not regret it

He can cut 1B when he was 3D

The scans where it was shown that conceptual attack was resisted was not a type 1 tho. The type of conceptual attack they resist should be specified, cause it is sure as hell not type 1.

When you attack someone concept what are you trying to do? Make them stronger or kill them? It is simple he attacks the concept of anyone he is fighting which means death on a slash. Which musashi has no resistance to. And also fate manip and time manip

Resistant to Power Nullification (Could force the activation of his power even after Tenma Sukuna used his Taikyoku), and again by SBA none of soujiro attack is A rank magic or even works like magic in nasuverse.
You have tell it like 10 time by now so we know. And i still will answer by it does mea' nothing in term of sword skill.

It's type 1 every conceptual thing is type 1 in fate now + the blog show other conceptual reisstance. If you not happy then make a crt.

She resist concept manipo, she resist existence erasure and she resist fate and time manip line it's on the blog that was accepted.

The rest is not useless, magic resistance allow to resist supernatural not only magic. tell to you in praticaly every thread you participe with nasuverse.

Dream saber shiki shit on soujiro and she don't have that so stop.

You know that the only "good" thing here is the regen and the tier(higher dimmensionnal existance) they have and have nothing to do with the battle of swords skill

If Musashi and Killer Bee faced each other in a battle of skill could she adapt?
Killer B isn't very impressive, tbh I'm not really sure why he's even here.

Musashi is ranked above Zoro, who can react and defend against 8 Instinctive Reaction sword slashes from Hyouzou, a Blue-Ringed Octopus Fish-Man who has 8 brains in each tentacle, alowing each one to act independently of the others. And being a Cephalopod makes his Swordsmanship very unpredictable. If Zoro could block something like that I'm sure Musashi won't have trouble either.

He doesn't have a profile iirc. Izo is probably better tbh
Izo is cool but it's hard to tell the limit of his copy outside the verse like we kno he can't copy technique categorised outside of anti-unit Np but many technique are not NP even in fate, so which should be considered NP or not and how we know they are anti unit or not lol

We'd have to discuss the skills of every character here and how they compare to one another.
Alr feel free to do so then, please make sure to rank them whenever everyone has come to somewhat of an agreement however long that takes.

For now I won't update the list until that time comes

Back