• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Return of the most Skilled Thread

First_Witch

VS Battles
Retired
Alert! This is not a drill. Yes, I'm bringing back one of the most infamous threads back to life. This is a top 10 most skilled characters list. But before we unleash this upon the wiki, a couple important disclaimers:

This list is a highly subjective one due to the topic matter at hand. Many tried to objectivy Skill threads and everyone has failed. So instead of trying and failing again, lets just all agree that this is not a 100% accurate representation of a factual list, because such a list will not exist in the first place. So, if your character isnt ending up on place 1, it dosn't mean that youre wrong, it just mean that your definition of skill differs from others. There are no hard standards, no scientific basis, no real life experts, just us nerds sharing and comparing cool ass feats that we consider skillful and debate on what the more skillful feat is.

Debates are decided between debaters and, if no conclusion can be reached, by popularity. Characters can be compared in the following categories, which are the most common skill abilities: Technique copy, Analytical Prediction, Enhanced Senses, Acrobatics, Body Control, Reflexes, Accelerated Development/Learning Speed, Martial Arts/Weapon Mastery ,Skill scaling chains, Combat feats and Experience. There might be more, some might disagree with some listed here, but overall i think that this covers at least the basics. It is not necessary to debate based on those categories, but it makes it easier to compare.

Placement sharing is only possible after every placement has been filled, to push actual debating. A maximum of 3 characters can share a placement. The "???" placement is temporary for the beginning, so that this dosn't become "a who comes first" thread.

And last but not least! NO TOXICITY. This is a purely debate based topic with no objective rights or wrongs, so heated debates are guaranteed (And honestly welcome), but it is important to remember that not anyone will agree with you. Stonewalling, brigading and insulting will result in your ban from this thread and a report. This thread is not "VS Battles' official Skilled Tier list" so debate with a calming tea in hand.

With that out of the way, lets have some fun.

In Contention:
Ji Ning (Feats)
Kouki Amanogawa (feats)
Jin Mori (feats)
Sasaki Kojirou (RoR) (feats)
Archaon (feats)
Sion Zail (Feats)
Cassandra Cain (feats)
Zhong Yue (feats)
Xu Jingming (feats)
Dante (DMC)(feats)

No featpics:
Toujou Karuna, Hank J. Wimbleton, Hajime Hinata, Roronoa Zoro, Raiden, Dante Alighieri, Yujiro Hanma

Last edited:
Oh boy.

Well, can mah Boi Ji Ning get a placement anywhere? Dont really have a time to go into all of his skill feats, but to put it bluntly, extremely early on, he could dodge 10000 arrows aimed at him when it was stated it was impossible to dodge due to the space between them, and he was subsonic.

Oh boy, I shall formulate later tonight or tomorrow my post for a character(s).

Wait till the rest of the users see it being alive once again...the posts will explode like a volcano.

Oh boy.

Well, can mah Boi Ji Ning get a placement anywhere? Dont really have a time to go into all of his skill feats, but to put it bluntly, extremely early on, he could dodge 10000 arrows aimed at him when it was stated it was impossible to dodge due to the space between them, and he was subsonic.
Hes locked in. I will wait for more characters before we start placing

Oh boy, I shall formulate later tonight or tomorrow my post for a character(s).

Wait till the rest of the users see it being alive once again...the posts will explode like a volcano.
Raw heated hand holding debating, like the founding fathers wanted it. Good that youre here by the way, be my witness when i have to kick and ban people from the thread if they don't behave

Anos seems more about abilities than skill, tho.

Also, Ning was superior to a celestial immortal in sword skill, the latter had like, 1 trillion years in training and fighting.

Previously, he was also considered the most skilled swordsman in his world, many of whom train for 30000 years, and they couldn't compare to his 20 years of experience.

jijiji
Maybe Anos, his profile has some very broken techniques and very NLF broken sword, but I'll go with his NLF eyes this time.
Ehm, just to be suuuure, you know we are talking about martial arts and weapon techniques and shit right? Not that i doubt mister "Can do anything" to have some cool martial arts techniques and skill feats, but... I think its understandable why I'm skeptical right?

Anos seems more about abilities than skill, tho.

Also, Ning was superior to a celestial immortal in sword skill, the latter had like, 1 trillion years in training and fighting.

Previously, he was also considered the most skilled swordsman in his world, many of whom train for 30000 years, and they couldn't compare to his 20 years of experience.
Prepare the respect thread for when people unleash chaos upon this thread. I was by the way expecting a different character from you lol.

Ehm, just to be suuuure, you know we are talking about martial arts and weapon techniques and shit right? Not that i doubt mister "Can do anything" to have some cool martial arts techniques and skill feats, but... I think its understandable why I'm skeptical right?
Ups, sorry, i misread. I'm outta here
anime-run.gif

Raw heated hand holding debating, like the founding fathers wanted it. Good that youre here by the way, be my witness when i have to kick and ban people from the thread if they don't behave
I shall bear witness to the incoming transgressions like an old tree in the beating of the wind - bending but not breaking.

Ps. I was expecting Jin Mu-Won from Riki too.

I really want to add Jin Mu Won, but after recent chapters and some thinking, I don't think he's as skilled as before, sadly. Tho he did learn a hand to hand martial art skill by simply seeing it once, despite being taking at least 10 years to know how to even do it.

Tho I definitely think he should be in this list, as well.

I still love him more than Ji Ning tho.

By they way, I think its obvious but just to be sure:

This is a blank slate. Older threads have no bearing on this one. The old guard left, so a new wind shall blow in. So don't go "Lol Ikki" because he was place 1 in the last few threads. He is undenieably skilled, but if you think (And that goes for every character, myself and Sion included) they deserve a top spot, you gotta debate for that spot.

Gonna miss you Earl...

Boy, what a nice and organized thread I sure hope nothing bad happened to it [clueless].

For me I think I'll vote for Kamen Rider Blades from Kamen Rider Saber, not to be confused with Kamen Rider Blade from the titular Kamen Rider Blade the series.

While he isn't the "Shining Star of this Generation" like Espada who later gain god know how many years of experience inside his visions, or Saber who is just a naturally blessed swordman due to his metaphorical MC status that the Book of Almighty tag onto him he's pretty good.

Fighting off enemies who's abilities can varies from one another on a drop of a hat on daily basis, able to trade sword skill to Saikou who is an ancient swordmaster from millenniums ago and amongst the best in the entire organisation history which have existed for millenniums as well. But I think his best feat came from him being able to predicted, and counter Kamen Rider Durendal's ability to erased local time and counter him back with pin-point accuracy.

For example this is how Kaiji's work. And he can spam this at will. Blades counter it by predicting around it, despite leaving gaps of information inside the user memories due to the "time" that has been erased cease to exist.

Raiden is kinda skilled.
Do note that he's at the top of a huge scaling chain where the bottom of it, is genetically spliced super soldiers with enhanced senses and based on data from other super soldiers (Like Null and Gene), virtual training and eclipse any soldier on earth and are above dudes who eclipse any soldiers on earth, have fought in multiple wars, deemed super soldiers, have analytical prediction and even psionic abilities, can clear whole rooms of trained elite men armed with weapons with no guns themselves while being attacked all at once and are for the most part, straight up superhuman, all the while knowing a multitude of various combat styles to the point of perfection and were deemed weapons in and of themselves.
And that's ******* shit trash that isn't even worth mentioning, who are below the other shit trash that are the equivalent of a goomba.
And then there's like ten skill ***** inbetween those and then Raiden himself.
And then he becomes a robot and just gets more skilled, he also has reactive PL, but instead of power, it's skill.
Like dude can pick up a sword, and within minutes start out skilling trained elites who are experts with the blade who all wear cybernetic tengu suits while he himself is a twink with no such suit.
As a child he was forced to have fought in wars and was so good, he was given the title jack the ripper because he got a stupid high kill count and was extremely good at murdering all his foes even while sedated half the time.
He can also fight dude's who can analyze and predict what enemies would do based on muscle movements and Raiden himself can't be read.
Like the dude can fend off a group of elite dudes while missing his arms, while weakened, and being ganged by like a dozen ******* and can do so for a solid five minutes, like the dude can sword fight without any limbs.
He also has undergone virtual training for effectively every combat scenario.
He also picks up a martial arts that hard counters all other forms of fighting prowess.
He proceeds to get then his ass kicked and be called an amateur in the art of the sword by some funny brazil samurai.
Only for him to, like a week later, proceed to outskill the ****** who previously out skilled him hard to the point he was making fun of Raiden.

And this extends from CQC (hand to hand and grappling), knives, bladed weapons, swords, guns and all other firearms, throwing weapons, explosives and acrobatics and more.
Idk I'd say on a scale of 1 to 10 I'd put him a solid "he's mildly skilled I guess".

Though that's off the top of my head, there's likely dudes who can like fend off a billion planet busters with nothing but his fists and a can of old spice while being 9-A because he's "lol he's skilled ig" even though that makes **** all of sense.

Last edited:
Ji Ning leading the vanguard for Chinamen. Let's begin.

At the age of 4-10;
At the age of 10-15;
At the age of 16-20;
At the age of 20-80;
Past this point, it summarizes his skill improvements as the keys aren't on site yet. So these are the pure cliff notes.

At 80-1000+ (My memory of exact ages gets more ambiguous past this point);
  • Upon becoming an Empyrean God, he spends his time wandering the Three Realms challenging all swordsmen below the Celestial Immortal level to duels and gifting them with techniques and guidance as reward. He would always go into a fight at barely a fraction of his opponent's strength, speed and agility to push his sheer skill to the limits but despite this was never bested in any battle at all.
  • Upon reaching the 2nd level of Swordforce, he learns the Five Elemental Sword Art, a sword technique that surpasses the laws of physics in scope and one so powerful that it makes the learner forget all other Daos before it is mastered. He manages to master this while only 1 other sword user in the Three Realms was capable.
  • Went to the Undermoon Lake, where he was subjected to fights against opponents that were stronger and more skilled that he needed to win just to survive. He proceeds to do so by improving beyond what they can hope to deal with. By the fourth test he was three levels in swordforce (resonance with the prime concept of the sword across the multiverse) above when he started. He then proceeded to spend 100 years constantly honing and improving his sword skill against unending enemies.
  • Over the course of the war in the Three Realms, he eventually becomes the most skilled swordsman in history, surpassing even the inventor of the Five Element Sword Art.
Age 1,000 to 1,000,000+ (Post-Three Realms)
  • Surpasses World God Fogstone in sheer sword skill, the latter of whom being capable of making a complete joke of Ning as he was back in the Three Realms.
  • Defeats several selected geniuses across the entire universe in a tower type battle royale in a bid to keep his life, surpassing all but 2 of them.
  • Joins the Palace of Swords, where even the absolute weakest members of several thousands are capable of outclassing Fogstone in comprehension of the Sword Dao. He eventually improves to his peak as a World God and surpasses all but the very top members.
  • The Palace of Swords had one of the largest libraries of sword arts in existence and Ning learnt all of them and incorporated them into his Brightmoon Sword Art, with the end goal being summarizing every single move of the sword across reality into 5 stances.
  • Eventually reaching his peak as a World God, he manages to fuse all the stances into a single cycle. In doing so, his Sword Dao evolved to the highest level possible. An Omega Sword Dao, one which would allow=him to become the unparalled master of the sword across existence.
  • By that point, he was nigh-unsurpassed within the Sword Palace.
Age 1,000,000 to 1,080,000,000,000,000,000+
  • Continues to incorporate and hone the Omega Sword Dao, allowing his skills to undergo 4 qualitative evolutions so as to allow him to reach the peak as a Daolord and prepare himself to use it to achieve eternity.
  • The difficulty of a Dao Merge, the final obstacle before eternity, is proportional to the magnitude of one's Dao. Ning's being so powerful that even treasures that can simulate Merges completely fail with his own.
  • Spends the vast majority of his time honing his Sword Dao as well as other Daos without any rest at all.
  • Each facet of the Omega Sword Dao when reaching a peak allows him to use his skills to bend reality to his will. One facet allowing him to turn to any substance, real or abstract, another allowing him to pierce through concepts and the like.
He gets a lot more skilled beyond this point but I dunno if the thread allows for reasoning on keys that haven't made it to the site yet.

Last edited:
While I'd vote for my boy Izuku Midoriya, I know his skill feats are really nothing to write home about in this tier of brain damage. So I think I'll talk about another green haired stamina boy, Roronoa Zoro.

Technique copy - "Stole" Kin'emon's signature Foxfire Style which allows the swordsman to conjure fire and used it to not only deflect Big Mom's fire, but also uses it as a basis of his new fighting style along with Haoshoku infusion: En'o Santoryu (King of Hell Three Sword Style)

Analytical Prediction - Ignoring Observation Haki, Zoro has predicted attacks from T Bone that change trajectories mid-flight (which is also danmaku), Kaku's Soru which goes Faster than the Eye, and also made an attack, predicted Kaku's prediction and counterattack, and changed at the last second to counter it.

Enhanced Senses - There's the iconic meme of Zoro sleeping and moving his head when somebody tries pincushioning his head with a knife from like a kilometer away, and he does that in one of the first few arcs chronologically. He does a lot more of the same later on. He also deduced that the minister was the slasher simply by smelling blood off him in a fairly crowded area.

Acrobatics - Zoro's whole thing is acrobatics with how he easily melds flips and pirouettes and shit with his fighting style. He can also run across walls and also climb vertical walls very easily

Body Control - Zoro can temporarily add more muscles in his arms to boost his swinging strength and talk clearly with a sword in his mouth through sheer "force of will" according to Oda. His whole fighting style uses unorthodoxly twisting the body. He can also forget things at will, don't know how that helps tho lmao

Reflexes - I might be misunderstanding how it works, but the Breath of all Things lets Zoro instinctually sense and hit an enemy's weakpoints. He can also cut things perfectly while asleep, though it doesn't seem very expanded upon

Accelerated Development/Learning Speed - Mastered Armament Haki and became proficient in Observation Haki in 2 years and can even temporarily turn his swords into black blades, which is just one step down from the pinnacle of swordsman's haki. Learned to control his Conuerer's Haki and use it in a master level technique (Infusion) over the course of a single epiphany via deduction using Enma's succy succs.

Martial Arts/Weapon Mastery - He created his own unpredictably angled sword style at age 8 and also melded it with others' styles (see above), he can also use his sword techniques unarmed via Mutoryu, making him a pretty alright hand to hand combatant as well.

Skill scaling chains - Has constantly beat master swordsmen like Mr. 1, Kaku, Ryuma (who's a legend in Wano for his swordsmanship) with Brook's shadow, Hyouzou (who's the best swordsman in Fishman Island), and many more

Combat feats - Gained the fabled pinnacle of swordsmanship of sensing the breath of all things... in the second saga in the saga and in the middle of a life or death fight, in which case he one-shot his opponent right after. He then uses the principle later on to completely bisect a mountain sized behemoth who nobody else could even scratch. Also managed to hold back a combined attack from Big Mom and Kaido (both considered some of the strongest beings in the world) long enough for his friends to GET THE **** OUT RIGHT NOW-

Experience - He has only 13 years of experience with his invented sword style (and an unknown amount more before inventing it), but he could outskill people with decades of experience

Though technically Dracule Mihawk, the World's Greatest Swordsman, Zoro's Haki teacher, and the man Zoro wishes to beat, is the most skilled person in One Piece via massively scaling above everything I just talked about through sheer skil.

Last edited:
Also, regarding profiles like Ning, is it alright to use stuff not yet on the profile or nah? Asking cause he has like 6 keys pending and is currently 80 on site while he's 1,080,000,000,000,000,000 EoS.
Sure, go ahead.

I don't expect any of those to make it on the list, but let me still talk about some of my guys just because I like doing that.

Vandalieu has level 5 in an advanced form of unarmed combat (soul destruction fighting technique). Level 5 in the basic form makes you a first rate user in a regular world, level 10 "would be a superhuman… the kind of master that existed only in fiction, not in reality." Vandalieu is level 5 in an advanced form (so basically level 15), so he would be what the kind of martial arts master that exists only in fiction would consider to have a mastery of unarmed combat that could only exist in fiction. Or "what a superhuman would consider a superhuman" to put it like the novel likes to express those things.

The White Queen has more skill in everything than all of humanity.

Toujo Karuna has above world-class skill in all martial arts and usage of every possible weapon.

Fran already had world-class mastery of every blade (and good mastery of some other weapons), but after receiving god of sword transformation reached a level of skill in which even a simple straight sword strike was as or more skillfull than a special technique of her prior skill.

Hatou Manabu has no impressive skill feat, but as she does every possible action in one of her versions, there is a version of her that will succeed in every skill test, just as long as it's truly just about skill and not about supernatural stuff (as then the technique might just not be possible). #technicalities

Last edited:
Dante
Although the profile is complete garbage, it is undeniable that he is extremely skilled

He for example is able to fight and defeat characters like King Minos, who has a supernatural sense of smell that can tell people's past, such as battles and sins throughout a person's life (Which by logic is something extremely advantageous, since then he would know the style and strategies that Dante has done in the past), and has even mentioned that his senses knows the future of things, which would indicate some level of precog. In addition, King Minos is shown to be almost invulnerable to Dante's attacks and physically more powerful, also having infinite stamina, since he is destined to work in Hell for all eternity.

And about infinite stamina, it's something that really isn't difficult for Dante to fight, even if the opponent is comparable to him or even stronger. Notably, all demons from hell have the goal of working for eternity, torturing any soul that is damned, which would require infinite stamina. An example of how easy it is for Dante to kill such demons is when he defeat dozens of damned souls and elite demons while having his stamina constantly decreased in the Malebolge, all this while having his hopes dashed little by little by Beatrice

When Dante movements are limited to a small circle to fight his own father, Alighiero, who possesses Homing Attack and range attacks (And infinite stamina), he is able to eventually defeat him and later even steal Alighiero's magical powers.

Even in his first notable battle in the game, which is against Death, he shows great skill in combat. Death is a being who is able to physically dominate Dante with a single arm, have telekinesis attacks, and billions of years of experience in hunting souls, and it still loses the battle against Dante and ironically is killed. This while Dante was only using a very simple human weapon.

I know he won't even be in the top 10, but I wanted to mention him

Last edited:
You gotta say which placement you think your character deserves too you know

I have no clue about the other skilled af characters in the wiki or in the previous thread.

So i'm gonna be a little **** and say Ji Ning for the first spot :3

Does anyone even have the experience edge on Ning? Legitimately asking since he's been training and fighting for orders of magnitude longer than the age of the universe.

Does anyone even have the experience edge on Ning? Legitimately asking since he's been training and fighting for orders of magnitude longer than the age of the universe.
Ji Ning is really not a top contender because of his experience, its because he has good skill feats. Experience is a supporting argument at best, not a main one.

Back