• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers - CRT *of course*

This speed calc assumes that an umbrella is thrown at subsonic speed because some characters are fte. I won't even get into this new "hidden calculation" argument/rule or whatever it is since I don't agree with it. I just know many of my calcs from throwing objects were rejected since you don't just throw an object at that speed cause you have feats above fte

Taiju's punch seems to have been disagreed with by Klol, but vapouur is banned now, and it's still on the verse page

Draken saves takemitchy from gunfire is just some crazy assumptions

I'll just copy what DenLitz had to say about the Draken calc as I agree
"The value taken for the total distance traveled by Draken is only based on "Assumptions" as well as the total distance traveled by the projectile. There is no pixel scaling or anything else working on this blog to get the value of distance traveled by draken or projectile. Plus, it's not shown or explicitly stated whether the Draken starts moving after the projectile is fired, or whether the Draken is in front of the enemy before the projectile shoots, moreover it's not shown in the manga where the Draken came from. There are too many possibilities for this feat to be calculated that haven't been clarified in the manga."

First two I agree with

third I am also inclined to agree but I want to point out that I'm interpreting the scan as smacking the gun out of the hand before it's fired. I don't know if the sounds indicate something else because I can't read japanese

Yeah im pretty sure everyone disagrees with this and also there are already several CRTs about the calcs the draken one as well specifically so we don't need to rehash everythin in this CRT when its all being discussed.

The draken one however can't work no matter how its calculated since it'd have to rely on assumptions of dostance and positioning no one has access to

Could you take a look at this?
This is clearly from a top angle so you still need to px scale draken in the shot and the distance using ang sizing but even then there are problems with the feats depiction as well that cannot be accounted for without assumptions on the distance

This is clearly from a top angle so you still need to px scale draken in the shot and the distance using ang sizing but even then there are problems with the feats depiction as well that cannot be accounted for without assumptions on the distance
How am I supposed to angsize it?

How am I supposed to angsize it?
Angsizing equation = 2atan(tan(35deg)*(object size in pixels/panel height in pixels)). This lets you find the field of view of angle for an object in the panel, which is in degrees.

Make sure you're not using Radians when you do the calc are using deg

After you find that then insert here

Angsizing equation = 2atan(tan(35deg)*(object size in pixels/panel height in pixels)). This lets you find the field of view of angle for an object in the panel, which is in degrees.

Make sure you're not using Radians when you do the calc are using deg

After you find that then insert here
I know how to angsize, but I don't know how to angsize this.

Yeah im pretty sure everyone disagrees with this and also there are already several CRTs about the calcs the draken one as well specifically so we don't need to rehash everythin in this CRT when its all being discussed.

The draken one however can't work no matter how its calculated since it'd have to rely on assumptions of dostance and positioning no one has access to
Could you link the crt's? Cause I didn't see any active ones. Surprised the tr verse hasn't been taken down yet with all this drama

For the Taiju's feat, I trust in KLOL's judgement.

The DraKen feat can work if we were to go strictly by the order of the panels.

The umbrella feat can work if we were to accept the characters as what they ACTUALLY are, by feats, narrative and what the author actually show them to be.
To elaborate on it, I'm not trying to say since the thrower is FTE, the Umbrella is FTE.
I'm referring to South's reaction of it, he only knew the object thrown was an umbrella after he deflects it. South is either 2nd or 3rd in the manga, and he can easily deal with attacks from FTE characters.
So the speed of that umbrella is faster than your basic FTE attacks.

I agree with the removal of all calcs here. Especially the umbrella one as there are no scans to prove that the umbrella itself is thrown at FTE speeds. There is legit no motion blur in the black umbrella and the only blur that occurs is when South deflects the umbrella with a hook.

This speed calc assumes that an umbrella is thrown at subsonic speed because some characters are fte. I won't even get into this new "hidden calculation" argument/rule or whatever it is since I don't agree with it. I just know many of my calcs from throwing objects were rejected since you don't just throw an object at that speed cause you have feats above fte

Taiju's punch seems to have been disagreed with by Klol, but vapouur is banned now, and it's still on the verse page

I'll just copy what DenLitz had to say about the Draken calc as I agree
"The value taken for the total distance traveled by Draken is only based on "Assumptions" as well as the total distance traveled by the projectile. There is no pixel scaling or anything else working on this blog to get the value of distance traveled by draken or projectile. Plus, it's not shown or explicitly stated whether the Draken starts moving after the projectile is fired, or whether the Draken is in front of the enemy before the projectile shoots, moreover it's not shown in the manga where the Draken came from. There are too many possibilities for this feat to be calculated that haven't been clarified in the manga."
I agree with this.

Idk. About that one.
The calc litterally say "yeah Izana waited the whole time while his best friend was running to a gun" especially considering kisako said "Die!" before shooting but yeah let's assume Izana only started to run when the bullet was already out when he clearly knew before Kakucho was going to die

For the speed of a thrown object, FTE, I am neutral. 34.3 m/s, which is not excessively high for throwing. Anyway, I think the throwing speed mostly ranges from 30-45 m/s, depending on the shape of the object. However, I'm just not sure about the range of distances for the shape of the umbrella.

But the real problem for me in calculating is the motion of the arm at 105 degrees and using Angsizing.

It is not necessary at all. What we need to find is the distance at which Draken moves and hit the umbrella. So, the minimum distance is not 105 degrees because we don't see where Draken's arm is before the umbrella shoots towards him. The minimum distance that can be measured is only the distance seen in the image.

if the object is closer to the point of view, there will be a discrepancy when using the formula to calculate the distance. The formula assumes a simplified scenario where the object is at a sufficient distance from the point of view, and the point of view's field of view can be approximated as a single angle (in this case, 70 degrees).

When the object is closer to the point of view, the perspective and the angle of view change. The formula does not account for the change in perspective that occurs when an object is at a shorter distance. As a result, using the formula in such cases may lead to inaccuracies in estimating the actual distance.
Just Recalc.
Agree, It's not just about assumptions the distance. I have already mentioned this before. Draken just runs before the bullets are fired, so it's just aim dodging. If he's really supersonic+ fast, Why he would wait to be shot three times. When he can simply swipe the gun away from the shooter since the first bullet?

I already talked about the umbrella calc, the speed of the projectile is literally portrayed to be narratively faster than most attacks shown throughout the series. The feat is literally "the thrown object was so ******* fast that the 3rd strongest character in the series only knew what the object thrown was after he deflects it, and that 3rd strongest character whilst immensely holding back (being in base form) shitstomps the **** out of character who can EASILY reach FTE speeds."

The calc litterally say "yeah Izana waited the whole time while his best friend was running to a gun" especially considering kisako said "Die!" before shooting but yeah let's assume Izana only started to run when the bullet was already out when he clearly knew before Kakucho was going to die

Yeah you would come into the conclusion of what the calc suggest if you actually read the manga, observe the context surrounding the feat and not arbitrarily jump to conclusions by just looking at one panel whilst ignoring everything.

Izana had a mental breakdown, he didn't care about the situation they were in at all, he had no conscious intention of saving Kakucho, that's why he said "My body moved on its own", meaning his action was triggered by something.
The feat is about Izana reacting to a very strong stimulus, and the most obvious answer to that would be the gun being fired.

I already talked about the umbrella calc, the speed of the projectile is literally portrayed to be narratively faster than most attacks shown throughout the series. The feat is literally "the thrown object was so ******* fast that the 3rd strongest character in the series only knew what the object thrown was after he deflects it, and that 3rd strongest character whilst immensely holding back (being in base form) shitstomps the **** out of character who can EASILY reach FTE speeds."
The best thing would be confronting the distance of the umbrella with senju's movement and we should see if is possible for an umbrella to travel that fast because the structure of it is not meant to be thrown
Yeah you would come into the conclusion of what the calc suggest if you actually read the manga, observe the context surrounding the feat and not arbitrarily jump to conclusions by just looking at one panel whilst ignoring everything.

Izana had a mental breakdown, he didn't care about the situation they were in at all, he had no conscious intention of saving Kakucho, that's why he said "My body moved on its own", meaning his action was triggered by something.
The feat is about Izana reacting to a very strong stimulus, and the most obvious answer to that would be the gun being fired.
Kisaki saying "Die!" to Kakucho is a strong stimulus considering he couldn't have react to the sound of the bullet because if he would have react to it then it would be late since a bullet always hit before you hear the sound so....

The best thing would be confronting the distance of the umbrella with senju's movement and we should see if is possible for an umbrella to travel that fast because the structure of it is not meant to be thrown

Well, I'm not sure if the movement isn't already completed, anime version would be needed.

Kisaki saying "Die!" to Kakucho is a strong stimulus considering he couldn't have react to the sound of the bullet because if he would have react to it then it would be late since a bullet always hit before you hear the sound so....

No
If that was the trigger, Izana would be shown sooner, if he reacts to the "Die" why would Wakui show that only at the 3rd panel? If a mangaka wants to show that the character they're writing reacts to certain thing, why would he draw that reaction after pages to pages? which of them includes a very crucial moment??? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Also there are more than auditory stimulus, there is a visual stimulus.
The gun being fired is FAR the most impactful one.

Well, I'm not sure if the movement isn't already completed, anime version would be needed.

No
If that was the trigger, Izana would be shown sooner, if he reacts to the "Die" why would Wakui show that only at the 3rd panel? If a mangaka wants to show that the character they're writing reacts to certain thing, why would he draw that reaction after pages to pages? which of them includes a very crucial moment??? Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Also there are more than auditory stimulus, there is a visual stimulus.
The gun being fired is FAR the most impactful one.
I disagree but I think is better to make another thread if It has to go this way, I dont want this thread to be like the last two so Just focus on the OP calcs

This is literally the same as your recent The Boxer calc
1) definitely no, I would say you didn't read both the blog and DMUA comment to say this, whatever
2) there is no need to bring another calc of another verse here tbh if you disagree you can comment in the thread for adding it to the pages

1) definitely no, I would say you didn't read both the blog and DMUA comment to say this, whatever
2) there is no need to bring another calc of another verse here tbh if you disagree you can comment in the thread for adding it to the pages
It objectively is the same feat, I actually think yours is more controversial, I heavily disagree and believe multiple people will agree with my stance on them being similar

Back