• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm making this based on this and this suggestions, since every calc on the verse page has been rejected and are going to be removed soon this thread has the purpose of discuss which feats are worth to be calced so they can be added after.

I'll just link the best/most famous feats with some calcs made for them and let the CGMs handle everything:

1) Mikey kicks Taiju making him disappear from the sight:

This is a calc for the feat but I think it's rejected

2) Izana saves Kakucho:

This calc is on the page now but has been rejected in the last thread

3) Draken saves Takemichi:

This calc is on the page now but has been rejected in the last thread

4) Angry blitzes Ran:

I don't remember any calc made recently with this feat but mainly is just considered a blitz (I'm not really sure if it's truly a blitz tho)

I just want to say that in the last thread >bullet speed has been considered outlier due to contradicting the plot for these reasons

This is the link of the thread (if someone needs it)

The second and third calcs require a bit of discussion not much but still I'd like to hear others opinions on this, for both of these the main problem is that you for each of the feats performed you don't even actually get to see said feats being performed and the OP in the last thread makes a point of this here, and here
As for the third calc on the last thread this is actually the recalc that was being pushed in the last thread and aside from that on the topic of the feat itself its possible to have blitzed the guys and been there right before they pulled the trigger that would just be him arriving before they react to his arrival pulling the trigger all the way back thus negating the need for him to have blitzed the bullets and considering the surroundings again being fairly open you'd have to assume Draken traveled at least 5m to be away from any obstructions still even on top of that assuming he came from a certain direction and which adds another layer of assumptions we just don't have..

some images for reference we see here draken is this close to the shooter as well as takemichi in the scene after the feat happens but using 1m starting distance as the recalc and og calc suggest is just far too tame actually as you can see from these shots the environment around the is pretty open so assuming draken suddenly just started running at them from 1m away just doesn't work and actually tanks the results. This can be calculated as either draken blitzing the bullets or the guys from several meters away the problem lies that going with the assumption he got there after the first shot was fired but before it hit Takemichi from that distance is that it'd be breaching well into hypersonic that it'd be outlier territory depending on Therefir's calc, so I'd like to hear more opinions about that one.

also headed to work so can't respond after this for a while

Would any of our calc group members be willing to recalculate all of the relevant feats in a proper manner and then post them in a VSBW blog post?

The second and third calcs require a bit of discussion not much but still I'd like to hear others opinions on this, for both of these the main problem is that you for each of the feats performed you don't even actually get to see said feats being performed and the OP in the last thread makes a point of this here, and here

As for the third calc on the last thread this is actually the recalc that was being pushed in the last thread and aside from that on the topic of the feat itself its possible to have blitzed the guys and been there right before they pulled the trigger that would just be him arriving before they react to his arrival pulling the trigger all the way back thus negating the need for him to have blitzed the bullets and considering the surroundings again being fairly open you'd have to assume Draken traveled at least 5m to be away from any obstructions still even on top of that assuming he came from a certain direction and which adds another layer of assumptions we just don't have..

some images for reference we see here draken is this close to the shooter as well as takemichi in the scene after the feat happens but using 1m starting distance as the recalc and og calc suggest is just far too tame actually as you can see from these shots the environment around the is pretty open so assuming draken suddenly just started running at them from 1m away just doesn't work and actually tanks the results. This can be calculated as either draken blitzing the bullets or the guys from several meters away the problem lies that going with the assumption he got there after the first shot was fired but before it hit Takemichi from that distance is that it'd be breaching well into hypersonic that it'd be outlier territory depending on Therefir's calc, so I'd like to hear more opinions about that one.

also headed to work so can't respond after this for a while
I think I might help with the context here.

About Draken's feat I think I might have a solution for the distance, so there are two ways to calculate this:
1) Since Takemichi and the gangster were looking at each other before the shots it's more likely Draken was at least out from their POV
2) when we see Draken for the first time he is between Take and the gangster and if you think about it the only direction he could have come from to be there is from behind Take, if Draken was coming from behind the gangster or from a side there was no reason for him to go between and suicide while he could have just run on the gangster and send him fly away with a punch so since Draken was in the middle it means Draken was most likely coming from somewhere behind Take and just couldn't reach the guy in time before the shooting which gives us two valid option for a starting point and considering the context I believe those two aree our best options.

I also want to add that I think it's impossible he started after the first bullet and here why:
- So the main reason you would say he started after the bullet is because we have this panel which represents Draken coming in and it's presented after the shooting so if we follow the order of the panles we have this scene: The gangster screams "die Hanagaki" > He shoots 3 times > Takemichi closes his eye > Draken comes in > Draken disarms the gangster but there is a problem with this because if we strictly follow the panel's order we have that Takemichi closed his eye after 3 shoots which is unrealistic because in the time you hear the sound of the bullet the bullet already reached his destination since bullets are faster than speed of sound therefore it's impossible that Takemichi could close his eyes after the sound of the third bullet, with all this said my point is that following the order of the panels is not an option here and therefore all the panels happen at the same time so we have this: the guy screams "Die Hanagaki!" while Takemichi closes his eye while Draken comes in, this is how I would put the scene and so we should only calc it as a blitz by using one of the two starting point I mentioned earlier and using 0,2 s or 0,13 s as reaction time since this guy is an complete random.

And about Izana's feat I will basically use the same reasoning because if we strictly follow the panels' order we have Izana coming in after the sound of the first-second bullet and it's impossible as I explained before, so the panel where Kisaki shoots and the panel where Izana arrives are happening in the same time also because the sounds are shared between them which indicates they are happening simultaneously. Also we have something which indicates when Izana started but it's better to explain the context so Izana's body moved in order to save Kakucho instinctively so he didn't think about it and the most reasonable time for him to start to run is this one since Kisaki said "Die!" while pointing a gun at Kakucho and the panel after that is the one where Izana comes in so if we have to read the context this way we have this: Kakucho starts running to Kisaki while screaming > Kisaki says "die! > Izana realizes Kakucho is going to die and he starts running > Izana pushes away Kakucho while Kisaki shoots, for the starting position we can use this panel but we have to subtract this distance since Izana only reached kakucho and not Kisaki, as reaction speed we can be more generous with Kisaki but I have to say he isn't presented as a great fighter and only could have a fight with Takemichi when he wasn't even mid tier in the verse so 0,13 s - 0,1 s it's what I would use here.

I hope I made it clear 🙏

Sorry, but I absolutely won’t participate on a Tokyo Revengers thread. People have bothered me quite enough with this series and the calculations they asked me to evaluate were awful - something I didn’t realize when I evaluated them back then.

They generally make up feats to calculate and try to bypass our standards. And it’s toxic. As I read on the RVR, I’d much prefer if it became a staff only thread.

I was thinking that the only way to get this verse in order seems to be if our calc group members handle all of the calculating AND evaluations of the finished calculation blogs on their own, without the supporters interfering in the process.

I was thinking that the only way to get this verse in order seems to be if our calc group members handle all of the calculating AND evaluations of the finished calculation blogs on their own, without the supporters interfering in the process.
My main issue is the supporters, yes. I’ve been lurking some TR Threads and the user Mystic Carnage specifically tends to get toxic when someone disagree with him or don’t agree with the upgrades.

I don’t want to help someone just to be called names by the same person. The more Mystic Carnage participate on TR Threads, the more report worthy stuff he gives us, and I’m putting them together for a future report.

I may help with the calculations, but I don’t want to deal with that specific user.

Okay. Perhaps we can simply give that member a long topic ban and keep the Tokyo Revengers revisions to this staff only thread?

Topic ban the user and open the thread to anyone who wants to participate. They are the main issue, without them, I think we can work without someone on our asses.

I have permanently banned MysticCarnage from responding to this thread, but you need to mention in our RVR thread if you want us to ban him from our forum and wiki as well, or just want a permanent topic ban for them for that matter.

I've deleted more of the arguing posts and some of the comments made without staff permission so that we can hopefully get back on track. Reminder to all users that you need staff permission to comment on this thread, no exceptions aside from the OP.

I would emotionally like to help but my day job is pushing me further and further away from even existing duties within VBW.

Will pick any if I have free time.

I personally think Zefra3011's idea could work, instead of using the bullet, just calculate the distance they characters moved and apply human reaction speed, should be around Subsonic.

As for the first feat, I don't see anything wrong with the distance Arnoldstone18 calculated for Mikey's kick (in fact I got a very similar distance), so we just need to sort out the timeframe and it will be good to go.

Just note that this feat would only be applicable to Mikey's combat speed, only the second and third feats are movement speed feats, which is something TK profiles desperately need to specify.

As for the fourth feat, Haitani was apparently distracted after his brother was defeated, so I don't think it was a blitz, he was caught by surprise. This feat probably needs to be discarded.

I personally think Zefra3011's idea could work, instead of using the bullet, just calculate the distance they characters moved and apply human reaction speed, should be around Subsonic.

As for the first feat, I don't see anything wrong with the distance Arnoldstone18 calculated for Mikey's kick (in fact I got a very similar distance), so we just need to sort out the timeframe and it will be good to go.

Just note that this feat would only be applicable to Mikey's combat speed, only the second and third feats are movement speed feats, which is something TK profiles desperately need to specify.

As for the fourth feat, Haitani was apparently distracted after his brother was defeated, so I don't think it was a blitz, he was caught by surprise. This feat probably needs to be discarded.
Just caught up with what he said and yeah I agree with this I'll try my luck with the draken one

I decided to keep this thread tabbed when I noticed it was staff discussion and oh sweet lord

The fact I can't disagree with you is much more horrifying than the fact you're saying it

I'll think about pitching in later, for now I have IRL stuff I should get to

I might be wrong but I think the kick's distance shouldn't be calculated as an ellipses since it should be impossible to make a kick with that form, when Mikey kicks Taiju which is when the leg is on the highest point the leg is fully stretched but using the ellipses as it is presented the left part is longer so it comes out that Mikey's leg changed in length during the kick, also Mikey isn't even in the center which implies Mikey moved on the right in mid air to be there so I believe that line is just a sort of exaggeration of the kick, in my opinion is better to calc the distance using Mikey's leg as r to calc it as a simple circumference.

I'll link the anime adaptation, we can understand better what he did.

For the timeframe I thought about this: since Taiju fell down faster than anyone perception we can find out the timeframe he needed to do that and use it for 1/2 of the kick since Mikey finished the kick when Taiju was on the floor otherwise I would just go for a 0,1 s - 0,08 s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back