• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tokyo Revengers calcs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be wrong but I think the kick's distance shouldn't be calculated as an ellipses since it should be impossible to make a kick with that form, when Mikey kicks Taiju which is when the leg is on the highest point the leg is fully stretched but using the ellipses as it is presented the left part is longer so it comes out that Mikey's leg changed in length during the kick, also Mikey isn't even in the center which implies Mikey moved on the right in mid air to be there so I believe that line is just a sort of exaggeration of the kick, in my opinion is better to calc the distance using Mikey's leg as r to calc it as a simple circumference.

I'll link the anime adaptation, we can understand better what he did.

For the timeframe I thought about this: since Taiju fell down faster than anyone perception we can find out the timeframe he needed to do that and use it for 1/2 of the kick since Mikey finished the kick when Taiju was on the floor otherwise I would just go for a 0,1 s - 0,08 s.

It’s unfortunate I had to waste the single permission from @Deagonx but I can’t keep letting this logic to keep coming up over and over.

This logic only holds because it assumes that Mikey must be kicking in a completely circular motion.

This is not true because Mikey throws his body into the kick (he doesn’t just move only his leg in a circle) as he jumps in the air. As he leans back into the kick he can gather more range thus distorting the circular path into a more elliptical shape. That’s why the mangaka drew the kick that way, and that’s why the animators animated Mikey leaning his body into the kick as he jumps in the air to better depict that motion. The motion wasn’t drawn to depict some sort of hyperbole, Mikey has undergone martial arts training thanks to his gaurdian, so he is well capable of performing such a feat.

The ellipses shape the mangaka has drawn* is more accurate and should therefore be used rather than the circumference of a circle.

*typo

Edit: The timeframe @Therefir used is fine for now till my thread gets sorted.

Last edited:
It’s unfortunate I had to waste the single permission from @Deagonx but I can’t keep letting this logic to keep coming up over and over.

This logic only holds because it assumes that Mikey must be kicking in a completely circular motion.

This is not true because Mikey throws his body into the kick (he doesn’t just move only his leg in a circle) as he jumps in the air. As he leans back into the kick he can gather more range thus distorting the circular path into a more elliptical shape. That’s why the mangaka drew the kick that way, and that’s why the animators animated Mikey leaning his body into the kick as he jumps in the air to better depict that motion. The motion wasn’t drawn to depict some sort of hyperbole, Mikey has undergone martial arts training thanks to his gaurdian, so he is well capable of performing such a feat.

The ellipses shape the mangaka has draw is more accurate and should therefore be used rather than the circumference of a circle.
I don't mind keeping the elliptical kick motion at all, I agree with zefra on the draken and izana bit but imo the ellipse can stay that'd bump it up to about 88m/s

Yes the Anime timeframe for now is fine,

(Edit: or maybe we can use the timeframe that depicts things moving so fast that time appears to have stopped. Because everyone was frozen while Mikey was moving in the Anime. Whichever is fine by me. I have a feeling that this is massively high, the timeframe is somewhere on our site. If it really is too high then nevermind)

At least until my thread gets passed then we can account for the whole Taiju being kicked so fast he blitzes the brain’s ability to receive packets of visual info from the eye. I’ll get that going again today unfailingly.

Last edited:
Of course you have to move the whole body that way, it's impossible to bring your leg all the way up without moving it but that's doesn't justify the ellipses.
If you look at the anime version in fact we see Mikey jumping while moving his body on the left in order to give his leg enough space but still the leg is fully stretched in the highest point, he did something similar when he was a kid, the body that way isn't to have for some reason more range on the side but only because it's impossible to bring the leg up without moving it also because you can't move your pelvis much and it's the center and all you can do is rotate your hips and the body so at the end of the day the movement is still a circle, well we should see what Therefir thinks about it.

Alright, so

Has only the Mikey calc been made thus far?

Personally I just outright wouldn't touch the Izana feat since it immediately follows an entire monologue where he has the gun pointed at his target, but that still leaves...

Honestly I think only the Draken feat is worth time in the sun, since he seems to come from completely offscreen and certainly goes faster than the gunman can properly react to him. The angry feat is just like... A guy being non responsive to a tackle, then punching another guy.

(Granted as I read on I now realizing that for some reason, while I remember what I describe being the calc of focus, there's an instance immediately after where this guy just appears behind someone else and knocks them out before they can do anything, so that's something worth doing)

Rough

I think I'll try to take care of the Angry feat now since I don't really want to comb through context for where Draken probably was (assuming there is any and he doesn't teleport just offscreen to take care of that)

Rough

I think I'll try to take care of the Angry feat now since I don't really want to comb through context for where Draken probably was (assuming there is any and he doesn't teleport just offscreen to take care of that)
As for the fourth feat, Haitani was apparently distracted after his brother was defeated, so I don't think it was a blitz, he was caught by surprise. This feat probably needs to be discarded.
Thoughts on what Therefir said?

I don't quite agree with it, he was still focusing on the fight and suddenly wondered where Angry even went in the aftermath. I could buy him not strictly being on guard and able to react if Angry just ran up to him and inverted his nose, but since they outright disappear from their sight despite being in focus, it should still be in that same range of speed (And he is in an amplified state at that point if I've got the context right anyways)

Last edited:
Also, after you have finished here, can somebody list all of the unapproved, but currently used anyway, calculation blogs that need to have the "Tokyo Revengers" category removed from them, so I can handle it? In conjunction we can replace all such linked calculations in our TR verse page.

(And he is in an amplified state at that point if I've got the context right anyways)
Yes, he had a broken leg and a broken arm also he was getting no diffed by the Haitani brothers and by crying (which is the trigger of his power up) he could walk normally in these conditions and no diff people even stronger than the Haitani, some were off guard tho, also his brother stated that when he cry he becomes 100x stronger than him which is kinda hyperbolic but still shows an enormous stats increase.

Also, after you have finished here, can somebody list all of the unapproved, but currently used anyway, calculation blogs that need to have the "Tokyo Revengers" category removed from them, so I can handle it? In conjunction we can replace all such linked calculations in our TR verse page.
here, here, here, here, here.
I saw the calcs are already removed from the verse page but the speed on the profiles is still rated based on these calcs, should we handle it or just leave it and change after we finish the new calcs?

I'll admit I've never like, had a lot of talks about it but it is the baseline timeframe for subsonic, which is what you'd need to move so fast that it's impossible to react (or by extension, cause someone to outright disappear from someone's vision)

yeah if we want to use it for Angry we can definitely use it for Mikey, not sure for Draken and Izana

Personally I just outright wouldn't touch the Izana feat since it immediately follows an entire monologue where he has the gun pointed at his target, but that still leaves...
So what do we want to do with Izana's feat? Even if we don't calc it nothing would really change since the High tiers of the verse will scale to Draken and Anrgy anyway, but I think one more calc wouldn't hurt.

Also about that feat I noticed one thing here, both scans can be used to calc the distances the first one is before the feat and the second one after, the only problem is that even without pixel scaling we can tell the distances are inconsistent since the second scan increases the distances ( I got 2 times the distance Mikey - Kisaki, in the first almost 7 m and in the second almost 12 m), it's true Kisaki fell down after shooting Izana so he might have moved a bit but well it doesn't really justify 5 more meters, what do you think?

So what do we want to do with Izana's feat? Even if we don't calc it nothing would really change since the High tiers of the verse will scale to Draken and Anrgy anyway, but I think one more calc wouldn't hurt.
It's just not really a bullet dodging feat, I guess you could go off him just outspeeding the trigger being pulled/the guy running directly into it, but eh
Also about that feat I noticed one thing here, both scans can be used to calc the distances the first one is before the feat and the second one after, the only problem is that even without pixel scaling we can tell the distances are inconsistent since the second scan increases the distances ( I got 2 times the distance Mikey - Kisaki, in the first almost 7 m and in the second almost 12 m), it's true Kisaki fell down after shooting Izana so he might have moved a bit but well it doesn't really justify 5 more meters, what do you think?
Couldn't you draw a pine between where the blood splatters start and where they end? That seems to be the most solid indication of how far they went from their original position, even if the shooter themselves inexplicably seems further back

I guess you could go off him just outspeeding the trigger being pulled/the guy running directly into it, but eh

Couldn't you draw a pine between where the blood splatters start and where they end? That seems to be the most solid indication of how far they went from their original position, even if the shooter themselves inexplicably seems further back
I tried to calc it, is it acceptable?

I found out this calc which scales this feat:
In chapter 262 Mikey basically beats 2 gangs alone and there are 2 panels where we can see him beating multiple people at ones.

I forgot about this feat that's why it wasn't in the OP 🙏

(well I also noticed there are some guys who can react to him so idk)

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw other feats like that and they usually don't work but I thought it was better to send it, anyway most of the feats are calced now so as soon as we are done with Draken we are done here.

Yes, at this point we have enough calcs

EDIT: I noticed the are some problems with how are actually rated some characters in the verse, a new key should be added for the final arc since there is a 2 years time skip and would be normal for people to become stronger otherwise comes out the Haitani scales to Angry... the same calc where they are blitzed... and other characters who scale to people they shouldn't scale to, but I think I have to make a thread for that right?

Last edited:
I added the new calcs to the page, I'll change the profiles as soon as I have time, I think this can be closed.

The problem has been solved, unless I missed something all the edits are done now.
Alright, on Taiju's profile, you need to put a link to the characters he is scaling from, so people can check why he is Subsonic+ in the first place, a link to the feat doesn't tell us anything by itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back