• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Tier 2 characters CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Summer times is the only good time to be starting mass projects to revise every profile of X tier and what not; second, Sera Ex still had plans to define the difference between 3-A and Low 2-C feats. And while yes, it is true that destroying an entire timeline is the requirement at what a Low 2-C feat is, there are still overtly stretchy details being thrown around. But I might as well throw in my two cents even if I sound corny or sound like I take things too literally.

While simply effecting limited amounts of space-time is not Low 2-C yes. But giving birth to a space-time continuum is clearly Low 2-C. Also, the size and scope of the space time continuum isn't the most important part. There are baselines yes; it has to be larger than the Observable Universe as well as having a flow of time. But it doesn't need to be infinite on either category. I do see the point that during the beginning of time, there would be no past given the beginning would be the present. But there's still be a future, if there was no future, it would just mean it's already destroyed or getting destroyed in the present.

There's no such thing as X seconds before time or after time by nature that time doesn't exist during those periods. But creating/destroying an infinite sized space-time continuum would just be massively above baseline Low 2-C. Destroying an entire timeline is still Low 2-C regardless of whether it's 6 trillion, billion, million years or simply 6000 years old. If you're even creating the main concept of a universes time and space, you are by default creating the past, present, and future. Even though there initially is no past, but instantly there is the instant time flows, it's always the present with each and every period that passes becoming the past, and every period we're going to cross is the future. A timeline is already set upon creation.

Now, simply effecting parts of the timeline, such as destroying it's future but not the present or past is not Low 2-C. Destroying the future would just mean we're all stuck in the present and time would simply stop. Stopping time on an Observable universal scale and not destroying the past is not Tier 2. But give me a an example of this. Destroying the past would cause EE for those without Time Paradox immunity, but time can still flow and the universe can still repopulate all over again. But again, examples please.

Anyway, the beginning of time is the beginning period. Predating time is just an abstract concept and not a concrete time period. Same with the post end of time, that's not a concrete period either. The only Concrete periods of time are the beginning of time and the end of time. If a time is infinite in size, there would be no beginning or no end. If there is no beginning, that would be argued no one created it as it always existed. If time had no end, that would mean it will never be destroyed. The instant a character destroys a timeline, it would already be set in said timeline that someone is going to "Destroy this timeline". If creating/destroying a timeline with no beginning or no end is the requirement for Low 2-C, there's be pretty much no Low 2-C characters to begin with and we'd might as well just get rid of it altogether by that logic.

But anyway, if some characters need more context for a feat to be Low 2-C, and some characters need to be downgraded if we look at them one by one, so be it. But I still think it would be better when some of us get working on the Universe page to clarify better pointers and list of standards and guidelines. But I still think the "It needs to be infinite in size to be Low 2-C in the first place" is stepping too far.

Huh? Destroying all the matter won’t cause a chain reaction to begin with. Destroying the space would because it’s relative with time.
Space, time and matter are all fundamental components of the continuum that actively influence each other in the framework of General Relativity, and both time and energy are considered to be dual variables to one another, even. That's the main thing that differs Relativity from Newtonian Mechanics, where space and time are indeed absolute constants that are independent both from one another and from the material contents of the universe.

I don't see the word timeline, past, present, future, none of that in the current justification.
What exactly do you think a "spacetime continuum" entails, to begin with? That sort of stuff is just self-evident and doesn't need to be explained.

Wait, why is a spacetime continuum needs to be infinite if it has a beginning (Big Bang), and multiple franchises (DC, Doctor Who) acknowledge they have an end?
What I said doesn't necessarily apply to only an infinitely-long stretch of time. The time dimension being a continuum implies that, just like how there are uncountably infinite numbers in-between 0 and 1, any given segment of it contains uncountably-many snapshots of the universe at a single point.

What exactly do you think a "spacetime continuum" entails, to begin with? That sort of stuff is just self-evident and doesn't need to be explained.
The wiki links the Wikipedia page of Space-time. This is the first sentence.
In physics, spacetime is any mathematical model which fuses the three dimensions of space and the one dimension of time into a single four-dimensional manifold.
Britannica states
Space-time, in physical science, single concept that recognizes the union of space and time, first proposed by the mathematician Hermann Minkowski in 1908 as a way to reformulate Albert Einstein’s special theory of relativity (1905).
Basically, 3 dimensions of space, and 1 dimension of time.

I don't know when "time" immediately meant "past, present, and future", I always assumed it meant a dimension of time, which is stated in the place above.

Yes, and that's exactly what a dimension of time is: It's another direction in which the individual states of the universe at any given moment ("Snapshots," as I called them up there) are lined up in succession, think of the frames of a film, except there are infinitely-many of them.

Yes, and that's exactly what a dimension of time is: It's another direction in which the individual states of the universe at any given moment ("Snapshots," as I called them up there) are lined up in succession, think of the frames of a film, except there are infinitely-many of them.
Understood, thanks for explaining.

I agree with the downgrade then.

I’m with DarkDragonMedeus that this should be put on hold for now, if Sera is planning a CRT to distinguish between 3-A and Low 2-C feats, we can just wait for that, also he is right that this is currently a controversial and busy time for huge revisions like this, I mean there are a significant amount of Low 2-C characters that would be effected by this distinction of tiers and frankly we should wait for a significant amount of staff opinion before this gets settled, we have no reason to rush this sort of CRT as this effects many verses

in DB does not affect the past or the future in any way.So no matter who it is, in DB can't destroy a destroyed universe in the past or the future,it's pointless to throw a downgrade at DB
-

-
In the db universe, each universe has a separate timeline.

Wait, why is a spacetime continuum needs to be infinite if it has a beginning (Big Bang), and multiple franchises (DC, Doctor Who) acknowledge they have an end?
I think it’s assumed that since time is continuous, there are an uncountably infinite amount of points in time between today and tomorrow even (mathematical proof that there are more real numbers between 0 and 1 than there are natural numbers). Then you just make a bijection from there to the size of a timeline of your verse and voila, uncountably infinite space-time.

Edit: Ultima already answered this whoops.

(also funnily enough due to the way we currently treat 2-A I think you might be able to pull low 2-C out of merely destroying a part of the timeline since you can biject the amount of points in time you destroyed to a full timeline, but am probably/hopefully wrong here)

Last edited:
I think that last part was addressed during the tiering system revisions and wasn't found to be the case.

I have an issue. Kaguya was going to destroy her time space and create a brand new one. Since she’s destroying time space, she’s destroying the past present and future of her dimension. Although this dimension has a planet and a star, wouldn’t that still mean she’s destroying infinite snapshots of the planet and the star, which is at least high 3-A?

I'm pretty sure this was addressed when we got rid of finite 4-D High 3-A. It shouldn't scale if I understood it right.

I have an issue. Kaguya was going to destroy her time space and create a brand new one. Since she’s destroying time space, she’s destroying the past present and future of her dimension. Although this dimension has a planet and a star, wouldn’t that still mean she’s destroying infinite snapshots of the planet and the star, which is at least high 3-A?
It would require to be actually universe sized to be counted as eligable for tier 3 or 2.

I feel like people is over complicating the destruction of past, present and future.

In the mundane way, destroying the time line, how I believe the tier system refer, is that destroying the space-time with reduce the universe to some kind of void, where any attempt of time travel will fail, or instead lead the traveler to the same void.

Doesn't mean that the events previous to the destruction didn't happen, but they are no longer accesible.

By default, destroying the time line in certain point in time will destroy all the following points of time, of how people refer here, the future. If time traveling back before the destruction happened debunk the character being tier 2, ok, but I must warn that this is not possible to prove unless time travel is a thing in the verse.

As for destroying specific periods of time, that is no longer AP, but rather abilities related to Time, Probalility and Causality Manipulation, whose effects can be variable (and thus, no use in standardize them).

Why tho? You need more energy to destroy an uncountably infinite amount of matter than a countably infinite amount.
Because she did not destroy it at all points in time. If it were so, escaping it would not be possible, as Naruto's past self would have been hit and killed all the same.

Time manipulation isn't tier 2 stuff by default. Destroying the time of something like a city, is not of any tier, because it is unquantifiable.
That doesn’t answer my question. Why does it need to be universal in size (finite) when you’re destroying all of time and space (infinite).
It is not infinite. The only way time-space is infinite is if you take a "segment" of the time (all of it up to present time). Kaguya provably did not destroy the past of her pocket reality. As such, "time" does not add anything to the feat.

As for destroying specific periods of time, that is no longer AP, but rather abilities related to Time, Probalility and Causality Manipulation, whose effects can be variable (and thus, no use in standardize them).
What if it's just a missile with no special properties that gets fired at a timeline and explodes so that there is now a gap in it? That sure doesn't seem like hax.

Because she did not destroy it at all points in time. If it were so, escaping it would not be possible, as Naruto's past self would have been hit and killed all the same.

Time manipulation isn't tier 2 stuff by default. Destroying the time of something like a city, is not of any tier, because it is unquantifiable.
So destroying the complete space-time of a less than universal sized construct would still be High 3-A?

Hax can have any aesthetic; plus, what do exactly mean with this example? Like, the missile comes in, destroy everything, and then everything recreates "shortly after"?

She didn’t destroy it yet, she was going to. She was going to create an entire time space (infinite snapshots of a star sized dimension).
Why is it unquantifiable when it comes to objects smaller than the universe?

Destroying a universe (finite) + time space = infinite
Destroying a star (finite) + time space = finite
???
It is not infinite. The only way time-space is infinite is if you take a "segment" of the time (all of it up to present time). Kaguya provably did not destroy the past of her pocket reality. As such, "time" does not add anything to the feat.
Again why would destroying all of time in a universe be infinite but not a smaller space?

Naruto and co. were escaping. If the attack destroyed the pocket dimension in all points of time, leaving would not have helped them in any possible way.

Without destroying something in the past or the future, time is not relatable to AP.

Actually not really, if they left before any point of time got destroyed then the time paradox wouldn't catch up to them. Since time paradoxes are supposed to only be a thing within a single space-time. The way the Arrowverse treats the different earths being unaffected by each other's time travel alterations is a good example.

Actually not really, if they left before any point of time got destroyed then the time paradox wouldn't catch up to them. Since time paradoxes are supposed to only be a thing within a single space-time. The way the Arrowverse treats the different earths being unaffected by each other's time travel alterations is a good example.
No... no, that is not how it works.

Arrowverse is not the dictator of how things work. CW had them go to a timeless place outside of the multiverse for two months. They had the gradual destruction of infinite universes that culminated in only one remaining. And, so on.

If it destroyed the past, then Naruto would have never been able to leave, and never would have evaded it. He would have been his as soon as he entered it. And Kaguya back before Hagoromo was born would have also realized it was destroyed and act differently. And, so on.

No... no, that is not how it works.

Arrowverse is not the dictator of how things work. CW had them go to a timeless place outside of the multiverse for two months. They had the gradual destruction of infinite universes that culminated in only one remaining. And, so on.

If it destroyed the past, then Naruto would have never been able to leave, and never would have evaded it. He would have been his as soon as he entered it. And Kaguya back before Hagoromo was born would have also realized it was destroyed and act differently. And, so on.
I never said that Arrowverse's case should determine how other verses should work. I said that arrowverse is a good example of how it should logically work, after all causality should be something tied to the space-time continuum itself (since different space-times can have different laws of causality) rather than a shared property in the multiverse, unless explicitly stated otherwise.

That example doesn't work since there are several characters that bust the timeline yet everybody still lives in those past events instead of getting immediately destroyed upon conception of the universe.

Naruto and co. were escaping. If the attack destroyed the pocket dimension in all points of time, leaving would not have helped them in any possible way.
they didnt know it was going to affect time iirc black zetsu said that in his head
also it didnt destroy yet and they didnt leave yet so i dont think that can be used as an anti feat

To quote a question and Ultima's answer:

I don't see the word timeline, past, present, future, none of that in the current justification.
"What exactly do you think a "spacetime continuum" entails, to begin with? That sort of stuff is just self-evident and doesn't need to be explained."

Another question: "I don't know when "time" immediately meant "past, present, and future", I always assumed it meant a dimension of time, which is stated in the place above."

Ultima's answer: "Yes, and that's exactly what a dimension of time is: It's another direction in which the individual states of the universe at any given moment ("Snapshots," as I called them up there) are lined up in succession, think of the frames of a film, except there are infinitely-many of them."

So I'm thinking Zamasu's basing himself off of this.

In my opinion the keyword is not time but continuum

Many authors usually use "space time" just to sound cool or in some other context.
However addition of "continuum" clearly shows what they are talking about.

Our standards on structure sustenance feats have been revised. Refer to this page for more information.

As for the creation part, it depends on if the character can consistently do Low 2-C stuff or if we can reason that they are able to do so. Creating a universe is meaningless if you can be damaged and defeated by, say, 9-B attacks.
This is such an irritating wiki sometimes.

But thank you, I’ll review them.

Our standards on structure sustenance feats have been revised. Refer to this page for more information.

As for the creation part, it depends on if the character can consistently do Low 2-C stuff or if we can reason that they are able to do so. Creating a universe is meaningless if you can be damaged and defeated by, say, 9-B attacks.
It would just mean those 9-B attacks are Low 2-C in attack potency.

Yeah, actually. From what I understood of Ultima, destroying a universal spacetime is the same as destroying a timeline. This thread is just to make standards more enforced and demand more explict context.

It's a case by case analysis. I agree that generic "Space-time" statements that make no mention of universal scale destructions are not really AP proof at all. Or characters having solid 3-A statements combined with other sources claiming they can "Warp space-time". But "Destroying all time and space" or Legitimate universe busting feat being described as a character "Destroying all existence". Those are different stories.

It would just mean those 9-B attacks are Low 2-C in attack potency.
I don't know why you would default to the highest interpretation instead of looking at other feats. If the character in question has a Low 2-C creation feat but otherwise consistently does 9-B stuff at their best, then maybe the creation feat doesn't scale to their physicals. From the Creation page:

"Note that this only applies to the character's capacity to harm other characters if their Creation is connected to their other abilities; for example, it can be reasoned that a mage who can conjure a city with little mana can destroy one with the same amount of mana, however a character who can create objects without other ways of harming their opponents wouldn't be able to harness that power to hurt another character, and would fall under a light form of Environmental Destruction."

The essence is that we assume creating an object/structure scales to AP unless the character's destructive capacities are explicitly far below what they can create, which in this case, it would be.

Yeah, we need to proof their is lore about creation feats scaling to physicals and/or criteria demonstration such as the same character actually destroying their own creations. Also, simply having a giant pool of energy isn't enough; we also need to prove they conduct just as much energy into every punch they throw before scaling striking strength from their best feat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back