• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saint Seiya High 1-B Upgrade (Manga)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiou1991

He/Him
Given the nature of this CRT and the fact it's coming from a user with 0 post history, I believe I owe it to everyone to at least introduce myself and write a little bit of context. You may skip this preamble.

I have been lurking on the wiki for a few years, so I am well aware of the procedures and most of the wiki policy. I am an active user of the unofficial VBW Saint Seiya Discord server and for the last 2 years have contributed to almost every Saint Seiya CRT dropped by that group off-site in the form of creating arguments, getting scans and all the other wonderful things that come with trying to make changes to profiles. This particular CRT is a massive group effort and I fought tooth and nail to be the one to actually post it, so I finally made an account and here we are.

The FAQ page says

This passage in the FAQ equates temporal Dimensions to the same thing as a Time Axis. The Saint Seiya verse has a direct statement of multiple time axes possibly up to an infinite number of additional time axes, and that's what this CRT is going to explain.

The Primary Evidence

The past and future are explicitly stated to have and to be different time axes. This isn't stated Just once but twice. This in itself isn’t enough for High 1-B. However, we have a direct statement that Time is infinite, and even more so, the Universe has an Infinite Number of Futures that branch out.
There are direct, and explicit statements stating that there are an infinite number of futures that branch out, and are also stated to be “numerous” (数多) and “fragmented” while “branching” from “this universe.”

Further Evidence

— First, it is significant to understand that a universe, including space-time continuums and timelines, encompasses all three-dimensional space that can be accessed through regular movement within the universe. This means that any location that can be theoretically reached through conventional means of travel, such as spaceflight, would be considered part of the same universe and timeline, regardless of how the fiction portrays it. Movement between universes should only be feasible through extraordinary modes of transportation, such as portals, higher-dimensional movement, or teleportation. By default, it is assumed that universes have separate three-dimensional spaces, but if a piece of fiction demonstrates otherwise, the destruction of several connected timelines would be rated as Low 2-C (Universe level+).

— Secondly, there is the case of timelines that are connected at certain points in time. Unlike the scenario in which travel between universes is always possible through three-dimensional movement, the connection between these timelines only occurs at specific times. At these moments, the timelines may be considered as the same universe. For instance, if a timeline splits into two, the timelines were once the same universe before the split occurred. Conversely, if two timelines merge into one, they become the same universe only after they have been fused. In such cases, the destruction of a timeline is only accounted for if it was not connected to any other timeline for an infinite amount of time. Conversely, if numerous timelines were never separated for an infinite amount of time, they would be considered as one timeline to tier their destruction or creation.

It should be noted that timelines are assumed to be infinite in length unless evidence to the contrary is provided.[/quote]

A character named “Capricorn Shura” is directly stated to be “Traveling through time” and is also additionally directly stated that he was time travelling. His sole purpose is to “Correct Causality” of the branching futures that are directly stated to be connected. This is further evidence because Shura is directly stated to be moving into a different “time axis” when he is forced to go to another world. Which, Shura is stated to be saving “Infinite presents.

There we have further evidence that every “Branching future” (in this case alternative “Infinite number of presents”) is/are a “Different Time Axis/temporal dimension” and every branch is directly stated to be connected, and is all stated to be sharing the same universe, and thus it cannot be referring to a multiverse contextually in any way as per the standards laid out on the FAQ page, and Universe pages linked above.

Supplementary Evidence

The universe is stated to be “infinite multidimensional (多次元).” This is explicitly, and directly, stating that the Universe has an infinite multitude of dimensions. (Specifically, temporal dimensions/time Axes which are supported by the context of the series)

The universe is then again also further stated to be multidimensional (多次元) later again.

Conclusion

If Past and Future have different Time axes and there are an infinite number of branching futures, and even an infinite number of present moments all stated, and implied to have their time axis that is “different from one another.'' That would then mean the Universe has an Infinite number of Temporal Dimensions due to every future, and “alternative present branch” having a different Time Axis.

Thus, the Universes in Saint Seiya should be High 1-B because of an infinite number of temporal dimensions.

Who scales to this?

All past, and future time axes reside within a realm called “The Lake of Time.” This realm is under the influence of Chronos, the God of time. Chronos allowed Athena to Time Travel in Saint Seiya: Next Dimension this happens around Chapter 18 which then later leads to the statement that the past and future are different Time Axes in much later chapters. Take note of how it is specifically stated to use the Kanji for “Macrocosmos.” That is important because the “Big Bang” created the “Macrocosmos.” Which just means “large universe/Greater Universe.” This upscales things like the Athena Exclamation.

This also further supports the Olympian God's scaling because Chronos is directly stated to be weaker than all the Olympians in terms of power. He is also stated to not be equal to the Olympians, and for him to beat Zeus and the Olympians. He has to resort to using the Apocalypse Clock in secret.

The Olympian Gods are stated to be capable of destroying the whole Universe
Scaling Conclusion

Olympian Gods, and the adversaries that scale with them I.E Kronos, Eris, Hypnos, Thanatos, Etc. (via environmental destruction and scaling well above the Big Bang)

The Athena Exclamation (is as powerful as the Big Bang)

God Cloths (above the Athena Exclamation)

Regulus via Athena Exclamation and “Higher with Zodiac Exclamation”

9th sense users (via being above an AE done by "Transcendent Saints"))(none of which currently have profiles but are being worked on)

Agree: @AlexZiggy, @henryzx900ruly, @StekFence
Neutral:
Disagree: @LuffyRuffy46307, @Killerdrone123, @ChoursDropoff

Last edited:
I agree and I'm actually going to give my reason for why; Infinite Temporal Dimensions just like infinite spatial dimensions are still dimenonsial axi (which would qualify for high 1-B)

If a single timeline (for example) exits on one temporal point and there exists a infinite ammount of those temporal points which a timeline would it on, I believe this could be high 1-B

So it begins. I've already made my position clear in the discussion thread, agree based on my understanding of the FAQ, wiki standards and knowledge of the verse

having infinite time axes without it being intertwined with each other to make to complexly tie together into a singular universe reality where all of said infinite time axis happening at every point if a singular axis won't make this a complex temporal dimension that qualifies for higher dimension

this would only make an infinite amount of time axis all directly moving towards one direction which is just 2-A

多次元 - is Tajigen which only means multidimensional

Furthermore

The premise of the CRT is focusing on how there are infinite time axis

thus you're arguing infinite higher imaginary time or similar of some sort
but nothing close to such has been portrayed in the Seiya verse and are mostly arguing and talking in Multidimensional spatial sense

having infinite time axes without it being intertwined with each other to make to complexly tie together into a singular universe reality where all of said infinite time axis happening at every point if a singular axis won't make this a complex temporal dimension that qualifies for higher dimension

this would only make an infinite amount of time axis all directly moving towards one direction which is just 2-A

Furthermore

but nothing close to such has been portrayed in the Seiya verse and are mostly arguing and talking in Multidimensional spatial sense
Could you elaborate, your argument isn't clear?

Furthermore

Well i figured, just doesn't that qualify?

I believe I formally disagree on this on this one: I believe a point the OP is trying to make is that; Lets take an example; If there exists a infinite ammount of spatial vectors (coordinates) that exist inside of one universe; that would mean that there exists a infinite amount of spatial dimensions (a dimension IS the minimum amount of coordinates to define a plane) Take this example but flip it to Temporal Dimensions, I believe he's trying to argue that there exists a infinite ammount of temporal points on a line, which said temporal points would be temporal dimensions, which would qualify for high 1-B

Henry is correct.

The argument is the universe requires an infinite dimensional vector space as each timeline due to their nature in the verse requires a unique basis vector to represent uniquely. The evidence I believe does prove this.

Henry is correct.

The argument is the universe requires an infinite dimensional vector space as each timeline due to their nature in the verse requires a unique basis vector to represent uniquely. The evidence I believe does prove this
which the oppositions argument doesn't actually touch on this.

having infinite time axes without it being intertwined with each other to make to complexly tie together into a singular universe reality
They are in the same universe , because they compose every point in time of the same universe. The very first scan is about how the past is a different time axis the its future.

Furthermore

"Tajigen" would actually benefit this crt as (per my recent argument) would be supporting evidence for there being a infinite ammount of temporal dimensions.

Also I'm the context that has been shown here; In the seint seiya verse it seems like it would be referring to the (temporal) dimenonsial axis/vectors of time

The past and future are explicitly stated to have and to be different time axes. This isn't stated Just once but twice. This in itself isn’t enough for High 1-B. However, we have a direct statement that Time is infinite, and even more so, the Universe has an Infinite Number of Futures that branch out.
There are direct, and explicit statements stating that there are an infinite number of futures that branch out, and are also stated to be “numerous” (数多) and “fragmented” while “branching” from “this universe.”

This inherently would not be High 1-B. Time Axis on its own would just mean a different flow of time. Rather than each timeline inaccessibly transcending the last.

This is further confirmed by your second point. “An infinite number of futures that branch out”. This would be a further confirmation of the characters already known 2-A rating.

Further Evidence

— First, it is significant to understand that a universe, including space-time continuums and timelines, encompasses all three-dimensional space that can be accessed through regular movement within the universe. This means that any location that can be theoretically reached through conventional means of travel, such as spaceflight, would be considered part of the same universe and timeline, regardless of how the fiction portrays it. Movement between universes should only be feasible through extraordinary modes of transportation, such as portals, higher-dimensional movement, or teleportation. By default, it is assumed that universes have separate three-dimensional spaces, but if a piece of fiction demonstrates otherwise, the destruction of several connected timelines would be rated as Low 2-C (Universe level+).

— Secondly, there is the case of timelines that are connected at certain points in time. Unlike the scenario in which travel between universes is always possible through three-dimensional movement, the connection between these timelines only occurs at specific times. At these moments, the timelines may be considered as the same universe. For instance, if a timeline splits into two, the timelines were once the same universe before the split occurred. Conversely, if two timelines merge into one, they become the same universe only after they have been fused. In such cases, the destruction of a timeline is only accounted for if it was not connected to any other timeline for an infinite amount of time. Conversely, if numerous timelines were never separated for an infinite amount of time, they would be considered as one timeline to tier their destruction or creation.

It should be noted that timelines are assumed to be infinite in length unless evidence to the contrary is provided.
[/QUOTE]

Okay but I don’t see what this has to do with your point while he’s a universe is inherently treated as 3 dimensional. That doesn’t necessarily help the argument of an infinite dimensional cosmology your making here.

A character named “Capricorn Shura” is directly stated to be “Traveling through time” and is also additionally directly stated that he was time travelling. His sole purpose is to “Correct Causality” of the branching futures that are directly stated to be connected. This is further evidence because Shura is directly stated to be moving into a different “time axis” when he is forced to go to another world. Which, Shura is stated to be saving “Infinite presents.

I’ve already addressed the problem with this line of thinking up above.

There we have further evidence that every “Branching future” (in this case alternative “Infinite number of presents”) is/are a “Different Time Axis/temporal dimension” and every branch is directly stated to be connected, and is all stated to be sharing the same universe, and thus it cannot be referring to a multiverse contextually in any way as per the standards laid out on the FAQ page, and Universe pages linked above.

Supplementary Evidence

The universe is stated to be “infinite multidimensional (多次元).” This is explicitly, and directly, stating that the Universe has an infinite multitude of dimensions. (Specifically, temporal dimensions/time Axes which are supported by the context of the series)

Okay I think I may see where your going with this. The universe is stated to be multidimensional and there’s an infinite number of variations of said universe so your saying that because there’s an infinite number of different universes each one much transcend the last? That’s not how that works multidimensional could literally mean anything such as the universe housing another pocket dimension or it have a 4 dimensional axis. Without further explanation it means nothing on its own. Infinite timelines + Multidimensional Universe ≠ High hyperverse level.

As as up top

Conclusion

If Past and Future have different Time axes and there are an infinite number of branching futures, and even an infinite number of present moments all stated, and implied to have their time axis that is “different from one another.'' That would then mean the Universe has an Infinite number of Temporal Dimensions due to every future, and “alternative present branch” having a different Time Axis.

Thus, the Universes in Saint Seiya should be High 1-B because of an infinite number of temporal dimensions.

Again this would just be 2-A if it said an infinite number of higher dimensions then that may be something but “branching futures” don’t scale that high

This inherently would not be High 1-B. Time Axis on its own would just mean a different flow of time. Rather than each timeline inaccessibly transcending the last.
Maybe? , but the last person who tried that got banned lol. So clearly it’s not accepted

Temporal dimensions that are perpendicular to one another are inherently correlated to higher dimensional spaces, they don't have to transcend one another. Your counter-arguments are premised on the assumption hierarchies are the only way to reach tier 1, which is false.

Temporal dimensions that are perpendicular to one another are inherently correlated to higher dimensional spaces, they don't have to transcend one another. Your counter-arguments are premised on the assumption hierarchies are the only way to reach tier 1, which is false.
No timelines that transcend one another are higher dimensional perpendicular ones are just another timeline.

Fax; Just like I said with my second argument; There can exist a infinite amount of vectors and said vectors can occupy a different temporal dimension which we know from context that there exists a infinite amount of temporal vectors (vector= dimension)

Which would disprove 2-A as 2-A would just be an infinite amount of timelines on the same temporal vector and not a infinite ammount of temporal points on an infinite amount of temporal vectors

This is further confirmed by your second point. “An infinite number of futures that branch out”. This would be a further confirmation of the characters already known 2-A rating.
They do not have to be transcending one another, the FAQ makes this clear actually.

Respectfully, as for the rest of your post, I think you misunderstood the argument and the standards being used to make the aforementioned argument.

I've noticed some scans just have the plain Japanese raw with no English scan alongside it (like not even a note), is that done on purpose?
No it wasn't, could you point those out for me so I can get the translations?
I now disagree with Saint Seiya being DC level, lol
I launched the CRT with you in disagreement little brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back