• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(DB Tier 1) We must imagine a DB scaler happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It feels like DT just added the both of them as means to achieve Low 1-C, you don't need both; but rather you can get either one of them to get 5D
No, guys, look at what I quoted and wrote on the previous page. DT also explained that there should be have different flows and direction

Get DT to change his draft then, as it doesn't states so.
In general, the standard should still be that we ensure that the second time dimension actually flows in a different direction than the first.

So a time dimension just encompassing multiple timelines should in itself indeed not suffice, as that could still go into the same direction (i.e. flow into the same future, just on a spatially greater scale).
Outside of explanations which state that multiple time dimensions exist it is difficult to show that a fiction has more than one. The key point that has to be established is that there is a kind of time that flows in a different direction than the past or the future or any of the spatial directions.
Things like timelines having time that passes at different rates would not qualify, as even the theory of general relativity already establishes that with just one regular time dimension time can flow at different rates in different places. Time flowing backwards in another universe would also not qualify it to have an additional time dimension, as it would still use the same directions of past and future as regular time, just with events playing out in reverse.
Hmm... Is that so?

Hm... Is that so?
It talks about one time dimension encompassing multiple timelines aren't 2 time dimensions by default.
It doesn't apply when you have evidence of 2 different time dimensional structure as already stated before. Read carefully, it's not common in fiction to show 2 different time dimension (which are in different direction by default), and so mental gymnastics has to be used.

Feel free to change the standards btw, if DB passes, that is.

It talks about one time dimension encompassing multiple timelines aren't 2 time dimensions by default.
It doesn't apply when you have evidence of 2 different time dimensional structure as already stated before. Read carefully, it's not common in fiction to show 2 different time dimension (which are in different direction by default), and so mental gymnastics has to be used.

Feel free to change the standards btw, if DB passes, that is.
He says that the added/extra time dimension should extend in a clearly different direction than the other time dimension. I don't know why this is being ignored

He says that the added/extra time dimension should extend in a clearly different direction than the other time dimension. I don't know why this is being ignored
As for this quote from his draft:
Outside of explanations which state that multiple time dimensions exist it is difficult to show that a fiction has more than one. The key point that has to be established is that there is a kind of time that flows in a different direction than the past or the future or any of the spatial directions.
I responded to it above already.

For the second one, you're missing the full quote:
Let me say that the last thread was not supposed to be a change of the standard, in my understanding. If it changed the standard, then the text was interpreted differently than I thought it would be.

In general, the standard should still be that we ensure that the second time dimension actually flows in a different direction than the first.

So a time dimension just encompassing multiple timelines should in itself indeed not suffice, as that could still go into the same direction (i.e. flow into the same future, just on a spatially greater scale).

I personally thought that's what the current explanation would convey. If not, I'm not against it being clarified further.
All right, it looks like I'll have to repeat myself again since DDT said something that everyone's ignoring conveniently.
Let me say that the last thread was not supposed to be a change of the standard, in my understanding. If it changed the standard, then the text was interpreted differently than I thought it would be.
Here's an honest question for those of you in Geo/Pein's camp. Do you... think DontTalk doesn't know what the current temporal dimension standards say? He can open up the FAQ at any time, and Reiner's [accepted] draft is literally cited in Geo's OP. In spite of all that, he's acknowledged that Reiner's thread wasn't meant to change the standards, which should tell you that he automatically aligns with the information from it.

As for this quote from his draft:

I responded to it above already.

For the second one, you're missing the full quote:

All right, it looks like I'll have to repeat myself again since DDT said something that everyone's ignoring conveniently.

Here's an honest question for those of you in Geo/Pein's camp. Do you... think DontTalk doesn't know what the current temporal dimension standards say? He can open up the FAQ at any time, and Reiner's [accepted] draft is literally cited in Geo's OP. In spite of all that, he's acknowledged that Reiner's thread wasn't meant to change the standards, which should tell you that he automatically aligns with the information from it.
Btw there is a lot of difference between mine and Reiner's draft. While Reiner claimed that the extra temporal dimension would be enough, in the thread I opened, the OP was saying that this would not happen and that it would revert to old self.(ofc also DT said this too) But, I think let's wait before we say any more, shall we?

Bruh "everyone" is taking intepretation with what DT wrote. And think that what "they" say is right. When that thread it self is not ended yet

Is that hard for just ask to DT what he himself wrote about

For my part, I don't think this reaches Low 1-C especially based on the new standards, but I'm likely out voted here.

Since we have enough agrees can we just close this and then make a crt separate for the blog? It seems like people want to avoid this since it’s 15 pages so why not fix that?
yeah, agree with that. just include the staff agrees and disagrees (for the ones that actually came to look at the blog only, not the OP votes)

I disagree. We have plenty of staff gathered as it is. We already have 1 agree as far as our blog goes. Let’s just work on getting staff over. It’s not like they’re virulently refusing to come, we tagged them last night when most staff would be asleep.
It would be better to create a seperate staff discussion for the blog, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back