• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Undertale CRT!! (Low to High Tiers ONLY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We finally finished all the revision for the second chapter of Deltarune, so we can go back a little and talk about it's predecessor, Undertale. There are a good amount of feats rendered unusable as the person who calc'd them got banned, or at least that's what I was told by a CGM, so I'm going to gather all the potential AP and Speed feats, and we can discuss and/or calc them. (If we're lucky, it won't take 2 months)

Attack Potency/Durability feats
The verse is severely underpowered in terms of practical AP, that's because, again, most calculated feats were discarded.

I'll put ALL of this in a blog, just want to see some opinions on it first

Speed feats
Currently, there is no justification for Frisk' Supersonic speed. (I know why it's there, but it's not explicit) Let's fix that, shall we?
Both evaluated

Talk about underpowered speed, huh? Still blitzing Deltarune though.

I'm willing to turn all these feats in separate blogs, and calculate them myself, but it's better to make a CRT on it, as most calcs from UT takes a few weeks to get evaluated, so gathering everyone interested on the verse here, and discuss the possible upgrades, as we did with Deltarune Chapter 2.

TL;DR: A lot of uncalculated feats needs to be added, please voice your opinions on which ones you agree are usable.

Last edited:
So for the usable feats...
  1. Usable
  2. Usable
  3. Usable
  4. Usable
  5. Usable
  6. People have been saying it was a prop wall, but nothing in the game confirms it, so I’m not sure
  7. I believe that was rejected when Heat Tanking standards were changed up
  8. See above
  9. Probably usable, but Frisk several meters away from the explosion
As for both speed feats, they can be used

So for the usable feats...

1. Usable
  2. Usable
  3. Usable
  4. Usable
  5. Usable
I'll be calculating them, then
  1. People have been saying it was a prop wall, but nothing in the game confirms it, so I’m not sure
The wall itself is a few centimeters wide so it'd be easier for Metatton to break it. Regardless, it'd be weird if that part of the wall wasn't at the very least actual wall, while the rest was, and it is still a very relevant pulverization feat as we do not see any fragment. I'll be calculating without any major assumptions, and you can see if it's usable.
  1. I believe that was rejected when Heat Tanking standards were changed up
  2. See above
Fair enough, I'll be recalculating the feat based on the explosion itself rather than the heat. The hotland one is unusable, however.
Probably usable, but Frisk several meters away from the explosion
Then it's probably obsolete. Frisk was the one who caused him to explode after one attack, and holding back immensely, I don't know if it changes anything.
As for both speed feats, they can be used
I'll be calculating the first one (although it's probably obsolete due to Frisk scaling to Tsunder)

Agree completely with you and psycho, and i don't think it will be obsolete, is hard to tell when frisk is casual or not so that would be a nice supporting feat.

Evaluated your calc, you need to fix Undyne's house explosion as per the comment I listed.

Re: Papyrus' "absolutely normal attack" - I wouldn't consider it usable because of the fact that magical objects are stated to be significantly weaker than physical ones in the lore:

While monsters are made of magic, humans are made of water. Humans, with their physical forms, are far stronger than us.

While this is talking about how monsters are physically weaker than humans, it should also extend to anything else they create with magic, which would include Papyrus' bones. Sans actually had a bone KE calc that was rejected for this reason, IIRC.

Everything else checks out as far as I can see.

Re: Papyrus' "absolutely normal attack" - I wouldn't consider it usable because of the fact that magical objects are stated to be significantly weaker than physical ones in the lore:
Oh nah, so most bullets or explosions shouldn't be taken at face value. But this phrase has context behind it, Humans are stronger because Magic has a weakness (The more you're willing to kill, the more you're going to hurt a magic being), so I wouldn't say this affects density and what-not.

Plus, Papyrus Attacks are physical, we can see the box of bones in his room.

I'm not very good at knowing if calculations are good or not, but the idea seems right. Y'know what I've always wondered? Why Asriel's speed is unknown despite how he uses lightning against the main character.

Because is made of magic, those are more strict than just being cloud to ground lightning especially when there is no clouds anywhere, if anything shows them having more properties of lightning, it should be fine

Someone made a good point in my Mettaton Calc, the metal sounds could be Mettaton punching the wall to break it (it took 8 attacks) rather than him pretending to walk and being a giant robot. This will likely cut the result in half, as it took him 8 punches (1/8), but the pulverization of steel is about 4.5x higher than what I used.

Should I update it?

Frisk's speed is supposed to be upscaling from this. I don't see the logic though, consideriny the feat is only mach 0.6, so this is good.

Someone made a good point in my Mettaton Calc, the metal sounds could be Mettaton punching the wall to break it (it took 8 attacks) rather than him pretending to walk and being a giant robot. This will likely cut the result in half, as it took him 8 punches (1/8), but the pulverization of steel is about 4.5x higher than what I used.

Should I update it?
Now that I see it, that could be the case.

Also, now that I think about it, given the typical material of a laboratory wall and the sound being heard when Mettaton rams into it, shouldn’t that be steel pulverization?

Also, now that I think about it, given the typical material of a laboratory wall and the sound being heard when Mettaton rams into it, shouldn’t that be steel pulverization?
But that's what I sai-

Yes, it probably is. I will update the calc accordingly. If you could re-evaluate it when I do so, I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: It's updated

Last edited:
Frisk's speed is supposed to be upscaling from this. I don't see the logic though, consideriny the feat is only mach 0.6, so this is good.
I mean, I think the logic goes as the following:

Snowdin Frisk is Mach 0.6 by dodging barks
Giant Dog is Mach 1 by having sound-based attacks
Anyone above Giant Dog is Supersonic.

I don't quite agree with that because Snowdin Frisk should scale above the Giant Dog. Either way, we have more solid ratings now.

I mean, Undyne cutting down a bridge is probably a very obsolete feat, so let's start discussing scaling. We have the stats blog linked in the verse page, so I assume they are usable.

Attack Potency
  • The highest 9-As scales to Mettaton's Feat (99.6 Megajoules) by having higher ATK. This includes the following:
Asriel Dreemurr >>>> LV 20 Frisk (Real Knife) > LV 19 Frisk (Real Knife) > Undyne the Undying >> Mettaton NEO >> Asgore = Toriel >> LV 19 Frisk (Empty Gun) => Undyne (Armor) => Mettaton EX > Undyne (Unarmored) > Muffet > LV 20 Frisk > Knight Knight = LV 19 Frisk > Whimsalot => Astigmatism => Final Froggit = RG 1/RG 2 = Mad Dummy = Mettaton = 99.6 Megajoules
  • The highest 9-Bs scales to the highest 9-B feat (8.5 Megajoules) by being comparable to Hotland Frisk
Pretty much all hotland monsters for being able to injure Frisk in battle at that point.
  • The 9-Bs scales to the Oven Explosion feat (7 Megajoules), as Waterfall Frisk can tank it:
Waterfall Monsters
Papyrus

"Shouldn't all Hotland Monsters scale to Mettaton for hurting Frisk?" No. Mettaton was acting, and could take off half their health with just one attack if he wanted to.
Speed
Asriel Dreemurr (Most shocker attacks dwarf Frisk in speed)
Sans (Fought a much faster and stronger Frisk than the one who scales to Mach 6.1. His Gaster Blasters, and Faster Bone Attacks are faster than Frisk)
Undyne the Undying (Same thing, fought a much stronger and faster version of Frisk who could get access to Sea Tea at that point. Her spears are comparable to STB4 Frisk)
Hotland STB4 Frisk
  • Fastest Supersonic Characters scale to Tsunderplane's Calc (Mach 4.86)
Asgore (As the King of Monsters, should be faster than Tsunderplane)
Toriel (Same as before)
Core Monsters (Narrative)
Metatton EX (Capable of tagging Core Frisk, his bombs dwarf Frisk in speed)
Undyne (Capable of knocking Asgore down during their training)
Hotland Monsters
Mettaton (Capable of fighting Hotland Frisk)
Muffet (Same)
Hotland Frisk
  • Supersonic Characters are scaled to the lowest Supersonic Calc (Mach 3.05)
Waterfall Monsters (Can keep up with Frisk just before they enter hotland)
Papyrus (Considered as "really freaking tough" by Undyne)

I have no access to my computer now, so I won't be able to do much, so I'll stop here.

Wait what?
20 hp frisk or what?
Quiz show. One hit from Metatton, acting, takes 10 HP from Hotland Frisk. Or even more if you have LV. He is clearly stronger than Frisk at this point, and call them "weak" in the Core, saying he "saw how they fight"

Ok so looked
Idfk from that person got the stats from but they seem fake
Base mtt has atk 8 and ex atk 9
2:34

Undertale v1.001 changed ATK and DEF stat that shows up when a monster is checked, presumably because all monsters had an ATK and DEF stat of 10 or less, which meant they were as powerful as the enemies found in the Ruins.
Ahh so the game got an adapt and mfs like mettaton got atk 47 undyne 50 etc?

I mean, Undyne cutting down a bridge is probably a very obsolete feat, so let's start discussing scaling. We have the stats blog linked in the verse page, so I assume they are usable.

Attack Potency
  • The highest 9-As scales to Mettaton's Feat (99.6 Megajoules) by having higher ATK. This includes the following:
Asriel Dreemurr >>>> LV 20 Frisk (Real Knife) > LV 19 Frisk (Real Knife) > Undyne the Undying >> Mettaton NEO >> Asgore = Toriel >> LV 19 Frisk (Empty Gun) => Undyne (Armor) => Mettaton EX > Undyne (Unarmored) > Muffet > LV 20 Frisk > Knight Knight = LV 19 Frisk > Whimsalot => Astigmatism => Final Froggit = RG 1/RG 2 = Mad Dummy = Mettaton = 99.6 Megajoules
  • The highest 9-Bs scales to the highest 9-B feat (8.5 Megajoules) by being comparable to Hotland Frisk
Pretty much all hotland monsters for being able to injure Frisk in battle at that point.
  • The 9-Bs scales to the Oven Explosion feat (7 Megajoules), as Waterfall Frisk can tank it:
Waterfall Monsters
Papyrus

"Shouldn't all Hotland Monsters scale to Mettaton for hurting Frisk?" No. Mettaton was acting, and could take off half their health with just one attack if he wanted to.
  • The lowest 9-Bs are scaled above Ice Wolf's throw (64 Kilojoules)
Snowdin Monsters
Napstablook?
Ruins Monsters (Ice Wolf is as casual as he can be)

Speed
Asriel Dreemurr (Most shocker attacks dwarf Frisk in speed)
Sans (Fought a much faster and stronger Frisk than the one who scales to Mach 6.1. His Gaster Blasters, and Faster Bone Attacks are faster than Frisk)
Undyne the Undying (Same thing, fought a much stronger and faster version of Frisk who could get access to Sea Tea at that point. Her spears are comparable to STB4 Frisk)
Hotland STB4 Frisk
  • Fastest Supersonic Characters scale to Tsunderplane's Calc (Mach 4.86)
Asgore (As the King of Monsters, should be faster than Tsunderplane)
Toriel (Same as before)
Core Monsters (Narrative)
Metatton EX (Capable of tagging Core Frisk, his bombs dwarf Frisk in speed)
Undyne (Capable of knocking Asgore down during their training)
Hotland Monsters
Mettaton (Capable of fighting Hotland Frisk)
Muffet (Same)
Hotland Frisk
  • Supersonic Characters are scaled to the lowest Supersonic Calc (Mach 3.05)
Waterfall Monsters (Can keep up with Frisk just before they enter hotland)
Papyrus (Considered as "really freaking tough" by Undyne)

I have no access to my computer now, so I won't be able to do much, so I'll stop here.
  • The slowest Supersonic characaters are upscaled from Greater Dog'd Transonic Attacks (Mach 1.1)
Snowdin High Tier Monsters (Although I don't think there's any)
  • The Transonic Characaters are scaled to Greater Dog's barks.
Dogs, and Snowdin Monsters
  • The Subsonic+ Characters are scaled to the lowest speed calc (Mach 0.6)
Ruins Monsters

Again, lost my PC for a while, so please help me with the scaling, as I'm not able to write as much on this old junk of a phone...

Lifting Strength is, anyone between Ice Wolf and Papyrus are Class 5, Papyrus and above are Class 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back