• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't arguing that they literally can't move during the other person's turn, Frisk always dodges attacks from Monsters in their turn, but they still get forced into turn-based combat when a FIGHT happens, otherwise Sans' "nothing" attack wouldn't make any sense
Problem is, monsters can't use it like Sans does. It's still out of their control, unlike Sans who can abuse the turn rule.

Problem is, monsters can't use it like Sans does. It's still out of their control, unlike Sans who can abuse the turn rule.
I mean, the fact that FIGHTs have a turn rule in the first place is probably enough to be indexed,
That kinda changes how most fights would go down

I mean, the fact that FIGHTs have a turn rule in the first place is probably enough to be indexed,
That kinda changes how most fights would go down
FIGHTs are assumed to be just the act in itself of attacking, given that when Undyne attacked you, no turn was really used.
Sans also isn't the only Monster that abuses it really, Gerson kinda does so as well
...because he's a shopkeeper if anything here.

I don't see how this would apply to every monster outside of these two, really. We don't see anything happening outside of Danmaku, and we're now blending game mechanics with P&A too much. Just because some monsters can, it doesn't mean that people literally can't do anything against them except dodging until it's their turn to FIGHT.

FIGHTs are assumed to be just the act in itself of attacking, given that when Undyne attacked you, no turn was really used.
I could argue that the sequence was just a really long attack, or that Frisk didn't enter a FIGHT during that sequence, so the turn-based stuff doesn't apply, like the Mettaton cooking game-show, also it's like 2 scenes vs the turn-based combat of every fight in the game
...because he's a shopkeeper if anything here.
I kinda took it as that the player cannot kill him if they are not in a FIGHT, which suggests that fighting Monsters is inherently tied to the rules and mechanics of the turn-based system, otherwise nothing really makes Gerson anymore different than any monster we find in Waterfall
I don't see how this would apply to every monster outside of these two, really. We don't see anything happening outside of Danmaku, and we're now blending game mechanics with P&A too much. Just because some monsters can, it doesn't mean that people literally can't do anything against them except dodging until it's their turn to FIGHT.
The way they phrased it kinda implies that it's a fundamental rule of FIGHTs rather than like, their own unique abilities, which means that every monster would be capable of doing so if they tried. Plus, Gerson is an ancient turtle monster and Sans is a skeleton, the only thing they have in common would be their knowledge Ig

Another thing that supports the turn-based mechanics being canon, is well, the Instant Noodles.
Multiple bloodlusted monsters, who were either hired to kill you, or like the Amalgamates would just attack you out of instinct, wait for more than 5 minutes till Frisk finishes making the noodles, which really suggest that lads actually couldn't attack you while you were doing so

Another thing that supports the turn-based mechanics being canon, is well, the Instant Noodles.
Multiple bloodlusted monsters, who were either hired to kill you, or like the Amalgamates would just attack you out of instinct, wait for more than 5 minutes till Frisk finishes making the noodles, which really suggest that lads actually couldn't attack you while you were doing so
Alright this is goddamn weird.

Neutral on it now.

I disagree with layered power nullification, I will get that out immediately. I will look at the other stuff in a while

Okay so infinite lifting strength I think is based too much on extrapolation to warrant a possibly rating

The AP revision makes sense

Speed revision is fine too

Adding additional scans for soullessness is also fine

I might be missing something, was True Reset agreed to be Frisk's ability instead of the Players' earlier?

I don't think we can assume a character has the same ability for working under the same power system and being equally powerful to another character

Also what is the nature of the player in the verse? Do we assume he even works on determination or is he different?

I don't think we can assume a character has the same ability for working under the same power system and being equally powerful to another character
In Undertale we literally do lmfao.

Asriel wanted to use the TRUE RESET, and he said later that Player can do it too.

Chara even used it to restore the game world after its destruction, and Frisk prevented Asriel from using it.

Meaning that Frisk can do it too because their DT prevented Asriel from using it.

Though I might add a calc for Photoshop Flowey's size.

It's still gonna be Type 1 but I got around 14 m tall last time.

At best I can agree with a possibly 2B rating since Frisk never demonstrated having that ability iirc

Having comparable Determination doesn't necessarily mean you get time hax. I agree with Andy's possibly rating.
I'll still add a full given that all the staff agreed with that kek.

Besides, Undyne did not have comparable DT at all, she only was physically stronger at most.

Anyway, how should the monster's Law Manip be worded, maybe something like,
Could probably mention Royal Guard 1 & 2 following these rules, not only in the Genocide Route, but even if you kill one of them, that's probably one of the bigger ones

Most of it is fine. Just the attack potency shouldn't be in tabbers for Chara's profile
Why shouldn't it be? Because Asrielalready does, and Chara's 2nd key makes things a bit harder to read. Besides not just Undertale does this.
Anyway, how should the monster's Law Manip be worded, maybe something like,
Could probably mention Royal Guard 1 & 2 following these rules, not only in the Genocide Route, but even if you kill one of them, that's probably one of the bigger ones
There's also this now.

Plus I made a calc on Photoshop Flowey size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back