• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Papyrus "Absolutely Normal Attack" KE calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
You know when Papyrus spams the bones at the end of his battle? I decided to calc that shit, using Relat+ speed.

Papygif
Low quality gif I know

Average 12 years old female child is 149.8 cm. The soul is about half the height of Frisk. 149.8/2= 74.5 cm.

A small bone is about 3.2 times higher than a SOUL high. 74.5 X 3.2= 238.4 cm.

Normal real life Femur bones are 14 cm in length and 51 grams.

238.4/14= 17.02

So the bones increase by 17.02 in length. For the weight it would be 17.02 X 17.02 X 17.02=4 930.36 heavier (Yes I learned my mistake from the Tsunderplane calc)

51 X 4930.36 =251 448.36 grams. 251.448 KG.

There is 43 visible bones, with probably around 3 rows of them. So 129 bones.

129 X 251.448= 32 436.792 KG.

The Big Bone is about 15.5 taller than a SOUL. 15.5 X 74.5 = 1154.75. Usual real life bone scaling. 1154.75/14= 82.48

82.48 X 82.48 X 82.48= 561 107.34. 561107.34 X 51= 28 616 474.34 grams. 28 616.474 KG.

PapyrusFrame

So, 32 436.792 KG + 28 616.474 KG = 61 053.266 KG for the Bone sea and the Big Bone.

Considering they move at relativistic speed, their mass should increase. Due to the calc present right after this, they move at 0.7 the speed of light, which would increases it by 1.4569855927715543

1.4569855927715543 X 61 053.266= 88953.728 KG

For the speed of the bones, there is no way to accurately determine the speed, but it is at least in the Relat+ range, so let's have a low and high end.

All the bones

Low End:

0.5 times light is 149896229 meter per second. Due to the Relativistc Mass dilatation, the bones weight now 102714.91 KG. So, it gives 1.1539444661998268e+21, Large Island Level.

High End:

0.9 times light is 269813212,2 meter per seconds. Again, Mass increase so 204073.84 KG instead. KE gives us 7.428203032060702e+21, Small Country Level.

Using only the big bone

For 0.5 light, it gives out 371224647635388700000 joules, which is Island Level+

For 0.9 light, it gives out 2.389657853818389e+21 joules, which is Large Island Level+

Conlusio

This averages out to 2835757499928576625000 Joules, which is Large Island Level+

Scales to most bosses I guess. Considering Papyrus doesn't even want to kill with that, and he seems to treats it as a normal and boring attack, this is likely a casual attack.

So, recent stats changes made everything using the ol' stats go dumb, so nevermind using direct stats scaling. Following monsters seems to be around this Level now:

Aaron, Woshua, Shyren, Mad Dummy, Moldybugg, Vulkin, Tsunderplane, Pyrope, Royal Guards, Muffet, Madjick, Knight Knight, Astigmatism, Whisum, Final Froggit, Mettaton and all the Hardmode Monsters, if they count. Obviously didn't name Sans, UtU or anyone else on that Level.

Undyne, Mettaton EX & NEO,Asgore and Toriel should be at least Small Country level with it.

Tell me if there is anything wrong with those.

It isn't exactly clear what the attack stats means, as the game outright lies to you as to what their stats actually are, but the big bone deal the same amount of damage as the others, so do each sections of the bone sea. It seems like the power of that attack isn't the main matter to Papyrus, the range it covers is.

It wasn't said per say, but given that the Human SOULs appears so, that the SOUL in battle is near the AD's size, that it would fit against Undyne's bigger spears' size and that we can see Frisk's SOULs on them as they get attacked, this looked like the most constant way to scales things.

Interesting, I always thought the whole scene with Asriel, where it states that your body can't move, implies that the two couldn't really be scaled properly between each other. But you do have some decent points.

Well I'm not saying that their SOUL is their body, just that it is of similar size. Dodging attacks in battle could just be a side effect of Determination, or having their SOUL literally dodges the attacks.

Pretty sure we don't use kinetic energy calcs for Relativistic characters, as that'd give super inflated and inaccurate results.

The Hisoutensoku Calcs used Relat speed tho. And IIRC it is only like that for FTL speed, not relat.

Also, it is the case for using an attack/character moving at FTL speed and using Relat speed for the purpose of the calc, like using Relat KE calc on Sonic, who moves FTL quite a lot.

>no multi-galaxy level Papyrus

Filthy casual.

On a serious note, it can be hard to determine soul size in relation to attacks as the distance and perspective changes for each battle. However, for Papyrus, you could likely most accurately find the size of the bones by comparing the size of the bones in his room and the one he gives to them before meeting with Undyne to Frisk, who can then be scaled to the small bones (such as the ones in his very first attack) used in the fight, as they seem most similar in size and shape. That way you'll be able to get the most accurate size.

Well wouldn't scaling from the AD be a better idea? Since he literally appears during the fight. I was originally planning to directly scales from him, but I didn't feel like re-doing a whole calc (again) for such a minor detail (The AD when sleeping is about half Frisk's size, and the SOUL is a tiny bit (Like a pixel or two) bigger than the SOUL.

Could be, though AD tends to just...do its own thing. However, if we were to scale Frisk's soul to AD, Frisk's soul would be about half the height of Frisk, I believe.

"The soul is about half the height of Frisk."

Already there :p

Well given that the AD appears in the same attack I am scaling it from, and that he appears in the same pose in the overworld, it seems like it wouldn't be so inconsitent.

Welp it was nice to have some activity on this for a while, but now I feel it will falls into obscurity for weeks again.

I suggest getting DontTalk and Kk to look at it (yes I know we have a larger calc group but they're the ones I talk to, most), because then it'll be sorted out, faster.

I would prefer a more detailed blog with pics and videos of the feat ,but all in all i think this is fine.One thing you didn't take into account is that mass increases when speed reaches near lightspeed velocities.

Going at 72 % of the speed of light would increase your mass by 1.4.So the true results are 1.4 times bigger than the ones you calculated.

@Azathoth are these bullets really going at lightspeed?

If I understand your calc correctly you calculate the KE of multiple bones at once, right?

I don't know about the circumstances (Pictures for scaling and for showing the feat are a requirement for calcs getting accepted btw.), but usually when it comes to multiple projectiles only the energy of one at a time ist taken as AP. Reason for that is is that attack potency doesn't stack, so that spamming large amounts of attacks doesn't result in overall higher AP.

Well it's not really spamming as much as it is a bunch of bones all together smashing Frisk's face at the same time, so I just put all their weight together.

I used to have the direct pixel numbers for the SOUL and bones but then my internet decided that I wasn't worthy so I lost them, but I kept the size scaling (Being 15.5 times taller etc.). Guess I can still puts up the pics and Pixel counts if that's needed.

"Guess I can still puts up the pics and Pixel counts if that's needed."

For formality it is required. Basically everything has to be proven as far as possible.

"Well it's not really spamming as much as it is a bunch of bones all together smashing Frisk's face at the same time, so I just put all their weight together."

Hmm... I will wait to see pictures/videos of whats going on before saying something to that.

Well, so to the subject of mass of all or just one bone:

If the last bone would be pushing the rest I would believe it to make sense, but that isn't made clear is it? If all those bones could also move seperately (I assume its really them moving and not the blue heart) I would go with Large CIty level for safe low end. (its really close to large mountain level with relativistic adjustment, though)

I don't know, even with only the Big Bone it gives Large Island Level, at 680166031498839200000 Joules so Mountain Level seems quite a bit of a lowball.

It would only really affect the characters more powerful than Papyrus like Undyne or Asgore, who would be Small Country Level at the highest value, but yeah otherwise everyone is at least Large Island from this.

Paps might be getting an upgrade?

Oh well, guess I gotta come up with a different matchup for a certain undead knight..

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Better do it before the upgrade happen, if it does.
Oh no, it's all fine, I'm supportive of the upgrade. c:

I wasn't planning on doing a thread anyway because I could tell how it would go down and there's no fun in it if you already know the answer.

Payrus blitzes without speed equalization and Undead wins via. more strength and versatility with speed equalization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back