• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Thanos and the Complete Gauntlet again

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
Must have been discussed, but I missed it and the few threads I skimmed indicate this should have been accepted.

Why the heck isn't Thanos with the Complete IG 3-A again? He was going to atomize, then recreate the universe. No one scales and this is with an uber-maximum-God Tier thing in the verse so far, so there is zero reason to assume it is an outlier.

I thought there was more than enough agreement to give him 3-A with the gauntlet? I mean, Thanos knew he could wipe out half of the life in the universe so I'm sure he can understand the infinity stone's full capabilities. Furthermore, weren't they created from six singularities? I don't find them being 3-A to be out of the realm of possibility whatsoever.

Probably as soon as he snapped. There's no reason it wouldn't. Even if it wasn't instant destroying the universe overtime would still be 3-B

Then you 2 are not aware of the arguments used to oppose this. The main one being that it took hours for the snap to do its thing, which was merely to disintegrate half of all living beings, atomizing the universe itself would take much longer to an unknown degree. Which we obviously can't make up to fit Thanos into 3-A.

Eficiente said:
Then you 2 are not aware of the arguments used to oppose this. The main one being that it took hours for the snap to do its thing, which was merely to disintegrate half of all living beings, atomizing the universe itself would take much longer to an unknown degree. Which we obviously can't make up to fit Thanos into 3-A.
i don't think he wanted to atomize people with the snap(at the time), i think he wanted them to die in a painless way i don't think getting atomized is painless or merciful.

real reason was because of dramatic timing and such

Hulk's snap literally brought everyone back in an instant lmao.

The characters disintegrating at different times was just for plot and to build up suspense. If everyone got snapped away instantly it wouldn't have been as interesting.

That isn't disproving the fact it brought everyone back isntantly. The fact that Thanos' snap reduced everyone to ash at different points in time, even on earth if you really want to say "on the planet", and Hulk's brought everyone on earth back instantly shows Thanos' snap was just for suspense.

It's like me asking "Can you prove it didn't bring everyone else back in an instant"

Overtime it would still be 3-B and still result in an upgrade. Even if it is hundreds of years which it won't be. On top of this he was going to create a new universe.

You can say the "just for suspense" part for how it worked on IW, the added time in the post scene of Captain Marvel makes the matter needlessly inconsistent.

I'm personally against 3-A, specifically without an "up to" before it and with Thanos being able to use 3-A attacks naturally. I'm not against an upgrade or change based on this.

The other argument against 3-A was the state of the gauntlet after making the snap, with smoke coming out of it (and for Hulk damaging his arm). Destroying the stones did a power output visually shown as equal to that of the snap.

Eficiente, I think the way you are seeing this is like some sort of computer process where if, hypothetically, the stones were to be destroyed after the snap and before all 50% of the universe's population died, then the ones still alive would remain alive.

In my eyes, once the snap was done the process was over and it couldn't be stopped without a snap to reverse the effects, it just didn't happen instantly. Even if we were to say this happened overtime, this wouldn't really affect the scale of the undertaking and is not like its work that isn't over until the last molecule is gone. It should already be done the moment Thanos has snapped, even if the stones ceased to be right after said snap.

i think putting "possibly 3-A" would be fair since there's not enough evidence to give him a flat out 3-A upgrade.

Uh, I would find more reasonable an "up to 3-A" or "3-A via Universal Atomization & Reconstruction". As in, without a "possibly".

Do we really know that it brought literally everyone was brought back instantly? We don't see all the revived heroes until later, in fact, we don't see Nick Fury at all so he might not have come back until after the battle was iver for all we know.

All we know is that one person instantly came back because they call one of the Avengers post revival. Given how it's shown to work in Infinity War, it's reckless to assume that everyone was brought back instantly off of this alone.

Lavcore said:
i think putting "possibly 3-A" would be fair since there's not enough evidence to give him a flat out 3-A upgrade.
though i suppose if you take doctor stranges statement that this is the only timeline where they win then that would imply thanos succeded in his new goal but im iffy on that.

Eficiente said:
Uh, I would find more reasonable an "up to 3-A" or "3-A via Universal Atomization & Reconstruction". As in, without a "possibly".
he would achieve that through the complete infinity gauntlet.

I'm more for a possibly rating honestly. It's a raw AP feat rather than hax, assuming he can only reach that level with one thing is kinda silly.

> Not enough evidence

Except it being explicitly shown that he was going to perform a 3-A feat hadn't it been stopped

Kepekley23 said:
> Not enough evidence
Except it being explicitly shown that he was going to perform a 3-A feat hadn't it been stopped
where was this shown?

i remember him claiming that he could do a 3-A feat but not actually doing it because of the avengers,therefore we don't know if thanos overestimated the power of the stones or not since he didn't actually get to snap.

It wasn't shown,it was just Thanos's statement,he at that moment haven't wielded any stone if I am not mistaken and doesn't know the consequences of using their powers.There are consequences for lesser things such as destroying half life in the Universe,which damaged his arm and the gauntlet and now imagine what will happen if he tries to destroy the whole universe.Destroying the stones themselves almost killed him as he said and that wasn't even close to obliterating the universe.We don't know the exact AP for destroying all stones combined but the DC isn't even planet level,although it sent a wave across the universe which is unquantifiable.

As I said I still agree on possibly 3-A.

"probably knows about their power"

Oh you mean like the millions of times weaker snap that made smoke come out of the IG as a result?

Eficiente said:
"probably knows about their power"
Oh you mean like the millions of times weaker snap that made smoke come out of the IG as a result?
i don't think the IG's durability should be a knock against the infinity stones power.

Eficiente said:
It does given how this is the stones' durability too.
no not really,the infinity gauntlet was severly damaged after the snap but i don't think the stones were iirc,thanos after the snap had minor damage to his arm,thanos after destroying the stones almost got killed if thanos can survive snapping the infinity gauntlet to wipe out half of all life while having a magical axe in his chest and then having recovered(likely using the stones to do so) and then almost getting killed by making them destroy themselves should prove that the stones have higher durability than the gauntlet.

just rewatched the scene,seems like the stones didn't get damaged but only the gauntlet and thanos(slightly).

None of them should have gotten damaged if able to survive something ridiculously above that. And as said above that you ignored, destroying the stones did a power output visually shown as equal to that of the snap, putting clearly their durability and Thanos'.

Eficiente said:
None of them should have gotten damaged if able to survive something ridiculously above that. And as said above that you ignored, destroying the stones did a power output visually shown as equal to that of the snap, putting clearly their durability and Thanos'.
i was referring to when thanos snapped for the first time,thanos used the stones to destroy the stones or reduce them to atoms as he says implying that he didn't destroy the stones but used their own power to condense them to a state that no one could use.

just because 1 instance of thanos snapping and another instance of thanos condensing the stones both made flashes of light doesn't mean that the gauntlet scales to the stones durability or vise versa unless you mean when the collateral damage of when thanos condensed the stones in which case i say that the stones weren't used in the same way the stones were when thanos snapped.

"According to an audience member at a private fan event with the Russos, they said; "Thanos only reduced the stones to the atomic level. The stones are still present in the universe."

So, basically, he smashed them to smithereens but did not actually destroy them out of existence. They continue to be an integral part of reality and the universe but are no longer in a single (and easily usable) form."

-Express.co.uk

"Gone,Reduced to atoms."

-Thanos

this would explain why the power output was the same as the snap.

>"i was referring to when thanos snapped for the first time,thanos used the stones to destroy the stones or reduce them to atoms as he says implying that he didn't destroy the stones but used their own power to condense them to a state that no one could use"

>"So, basically, he smashed them to smithereens but did not actually destroy them out of existence. They continue to be an integral part of reality and the universe but are no longer in a single (and easily usable) form."

I was referring to that as well in the first sentence. All the other stuff you say adds nothing to this matter.

>"just because 1 instance of thanos snapping and another instance of thanos condensing the stones both made flashes of light doesn't mean that the gauntlet scales to the stones durability or vise versa unless you mean when the collateral damage of when thanos condensed the stones in which case i say that the stones weren't used in the same way the stones were when thanos snapped."

Too bad they weren't just flashes of light. No one is saying that the gauntlet scales to the stones durability or vise versa, only that the IG can't just do anything based on the feats shown.

Eficiente said:
the stones didn't get damaged when thanos snapped and they were merely condensed the second time using their own power i don't see how this proves that they aren't universal in power.

the reason i went on that tangent about the durability was because you claimed that the stones had the same durability as the gauntlet.

Eficiente said:
No one is saying that the gauntlet scales to the stones durability or vise versa, only that the IG can't just do anything based on the feats shown.
First time seeing this? Thanos and the gauntlet have limits on their durability, so does the stones, but no on their same level. That much we know.

Back