• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Adrian was pushing his own makeshift spatial awareness to the limit to make his defense as iron-clad as possible, leaving no possible openings for her to attack as he combined this with his monstrous reaction speed to deal with her attacks... He'd put all his strength into this next attack as well.

Adrian, without attempting to dodge or block, charged forward with all his might. He used his reaction speed, along with his iron-clad defense, to catch her off-guard, even for a split-second, no, even less than that, betting everything he had into this one strike as he once again as he tried to slam Dragon Slayer into her, and even if she dodged, he'd immediately redirect the attack to wherever she was going without losing even a bit of his momentum, charging forward once more and pushing his predictions past their limit to move in such a way he could deliver a flurry of slashes at her without losing his momentum still, gritting his teeth as trying to do this with a makeshift technique was clearly straining him.
Charlotte's eye's opened, widening as she saw him put everything he had into his strike. Her predictions were pushed farther than any time prior in their spar as she used her momentum control to return her arm to her side, shifting her center of balance as she dodged his first attack with mere millimeters to spare. Noticing he was moving his body in response to her predictions, she shifted her body a second time, her back hitting the ground as she dodged the second blow a fraction of a second before it hit her. She suddenly jumped, placing her hands on the ground, avoiding his next slash as she breathed heavily, clearly beginning to lose steam at his relentless assault.

Knowing she'd lose if she was caught on the defense, she immediately rushed forward, pushing her vector manipulation past its limit. Her body visibly strained itself to keep up with the sheer momentum she gave herself. Knowing that his sheer reaction speed would negate any sneak attack, she instead chose to rush forward, pushing her body to the limit as she launched a wild barrage of blows to his torso and head, drastically amplifying their speed and force with her vector control as she constantly redirected them as they flew, continually changing angles to the point it felt like he was getting hit from all directions.

Adrian would sigh.

"Alright, that's enough." Kirby said, appearing in-between Charlotte and Adrian in golem form, her body violently stretching into a wall between the two that knocked Charlotte away as soon as she touched it, absorbing her force and sending her flying back.

"Why'd you interfere...?" Adrian asked, getting out of his stance. "I wasn't finished."

"If this went on any longer you both would've been injured further, though, I'm more worried about Charlotte..." Kirby said, sighing as she formed back into human form.

Last edited:
Adrian would sigh.

"Alright, that's enough." Kirby said, appearing in-between Charlotte and Adrian in golem form, her body violently stretching into a wall between the two that knocked Charlotte away as soon as she touched it, absorbing her force and sending her flying back.

"Why'd you interfere...?" Adrian asked, getting out of his stance. "I wasn't finished.

"If this went on any longer you both would've been injured further, though, I'm more worried about Charlotte..." Kirby said, sighing as she formed back into human form.

Charlotte staggered back to her feet, a wild look in her eyes as she stared at the barrier.

"I...I...I ain't...I ain't...******* finished with 'em" She began. Yet...she stopped herself. Breathing outward, she took several deep breaths. This wasn't a fight to the death. This wasn't a job. This was a spar. There was no reason to continue. She knew that. She took another deep breath, wiping the sweat from her brow as she slowly relaxed her body.

".....Alright. We...we can stop here...for now..." She said quietly, shaking her head.

Adrian sighed, mounting Dragon Slayer on his back as Kirby healed both of their wounds.

"A shame, but your right... We shouldn't have gone that far." He said.

Charlotte remained silent for a moment, breathing out.

"...You're right...I don't know what came over me..." She said, sighing. She walked over to the man, reaching her hand out to shake his own.

"...you're one hell of a fighter, Adrian."

"Same with you, Charlotte," Adrian said with a nod, shaking her hand gladly, clearly respecting her as an opponent.

"But if we had continued..." Adrian thought to himself, sighing. Had they continued, he could've sharpened his skills even further. But, this newfound makeshift spatial awareness gave him a new base for his training. He could use this to improve on his already tempered skills, rather than something he'd spent barely any time mastering, and this made him happy somewhat.

Charlotte nodded, sticking her hands back into her pocket. The spar really had helped her clear her mind, the jumbled thoughts about her motivations slowly untangling themselves as she was met with his unyielding resolve.

"..Oi, can I ask you something?" Charlotte asked, glancing at the man.

Olorin started the outer chassis, giving Olorin ample time to put runes wherever she wanted them on the inside, while Olorin worked on the mechanics of it
Elis pressed her hands against the thing, humming a gentle tune as the runes began being plastered across the material, drastically increasing it's durability as she coughed a bit.
Charlotte nodded, sticking her hands back into her pocket. The spar really had helped her clear her mind, the jumbled thoughts about her motivations slowly untangling themselves as she was met with his unyielding resolve.

"..Oi, can I ask you something?" Charlotte asked, glancing at the man.
"Go ahead," Adrian said, crossing his arms and tilting his head as Kirby hopped up onto his shoulder.

Elis pressed her hands against the thing, humming a gentle tune as the runes began being plastered across the material, drastically increasing it's durability as she coughed a bit.
"E-Elis, don't strain yourself!" Olorin said, finishing the chassis and turning to Elis in worry

"E-Elis, don't strain yourself!" Olorin said, finishing the chassis and turning to Elis in worry
"I'm fine, I'm fine!" She said with a smile, turning to Olorin. "You can bring me a few more to enchant, besides, I feel as though we'll be moving out soon anyway..."

"I'm fine, I'm fine!" She said with a smile, turning to Olorin. "You can bring me a few more to enchant, besides, I feel as though we'll be moving out soon anyway..."
Olorin abliged, making a Dragoon and an Immortal for Olorin to enchant, seeming worried still, but she smiled, clearly getting comfortable with Elis around

Charlotte nodded, a small smile forming on her lips as she sighed a bit.

"good...glad to hear it. She was pretty banged up last time I saw her..." She said.
"Yeah, she was... She's gotten some treatment now, though." Adrian said, beginning to head back to the hotel slowly.

"Gotta fix my armor... A little busted up... I Gotta clean some of my gear, too... Not like I used any of it." He murmured to himself as he walked.
Olorin abliged, making a Dragoon and an Immortal for Olorin to enchant, seeming worried still, but she smiled, clearly getting comfortable with Elis around
Elis coughed a bit more as she enchanted these as well, but, she didn't cough out any blood, managing her breathing so that she didn't collapse there, leaning against Olorin hard.

"H-Huh...? I can do a few more, it's fine...!" Elis said with a crooked smile, and if it clearly wasn't fine, she wanted to do more to help prepare.

"Yeah, she was... She's gotten some treatment now, though." Adrian said, beginning to head back to the hotel slowly.

"Gotta fix my armor... A little busted up... I Gotta clean some of my gear, too... Not like I used any of it." He murmured to himself as he walked.
Charlotte put her hands in her pockets, following behind Adrain as she walked.

"...Oi, so what's up with you and Kirby? She's a golem right?" Charlotte asked, glancing at the girl.

"I've got emotions, yah dope!!" Kirby exclaimed, breaking out of her silence in clear offense that she'd even insinuate that.

"Ugh... Quiet down..." Adrian grumbled.
"Oi, I didn't mean to offend you or nothing" Charlotte said, raising her hand.

"...Been trying to chat with this other golem in the group, Timpcanpy, but she's really...monotone. So I wondering if all Golems were like that." Charlotte said, shrugging a bit.

"Been tryin' to chat with Tim Tim, aye? She was probably made when her master was really young and inexperienced, so she never developed a lotta human traits, most likely. I've seen cases like that. See, the chick who made me, yeah? She was pretty experienced, so I got all the good traits." Kirby explained.
"No, you aren't!" Olorin said, her voice shaking a bit, breathing heavily
"I..." Elis slumped against Olorin, her face flushed with red as she clearly had something akin to a fever from all the non-stop work she had been doing.

"I..." Elis slumped against Olorin, her face flushed with red as she clearly had something akin to a fever from all the non-stop work she had been doing.
"Rest, Elis. you're overworking yourself..." Olorin murmured, laying Elis down and having the heal bot try to heal her, her face contorted with worry and fear

"Been tryin' to chat with Tim Tim, aye? She was probably made when her master was really young and inexperienced, so she never developed a lotta human traits, most likely. I've seen cases like that. See, the chick who made me, yeah? She was pretty experienced, so I got all the good traits." Kirby explained.
"Eh? So Adrain didn't create you?" Charlotte asked, glancing at Kirby.

"Rest, Elis. you're overworking yourself..." Olorin murmured, laying Elis down and having the heal bot try to heal her, her face contorted with worry and fear
"Haaa... Alright... Fine..." Elis murmured, turning to Olorin with cloudy eyes.
"Eh? So Adrain didn't create you?" Charlotte asked, glancing at Kirby.
"Naw, he ain't a mage, I'm a family heirloom. Just like that Dragon Slayer that cracked your ribs, haha! I'm around 112 years old, been passed down for a few generations." Kirby said, snickering as Adrian sighed.

"Naw, he ain't a mage, I'm a family heirloom. Just like that Dragon Slayer that cracked your ribs, haha! I'm around 112 years old, been passed down for a few generations." Kirby said, snickering as Adrian sighed.
"That's one hell of an heirloom." Charlotte said, chuckling a bit as she glanced at Dragon Slayer.

"Oi you said earlier that some golems don't develop many human traits, right? Can they....gain them, over time?" Charlotte asked.

"Your eyes are cloudy, just..." Olorin stopped herself from rambling, merely collapsing down with her head landing hard on Elis's right shoulder, breathing heavily
Elis held Olorin gently, simply shifting her a bit so she could look into her eyes and smile, attempting to heal herself. "Olorin, it's fine... I'll be alright, I promise..."
"That's one hell of an heirloom." Charlotte said, chuckling a bit as she glanced at Dragon Slayer.

"Oi you said earlier that some golems don't develop many human traits, right? Can they....gain them, over time?" Charlotte asked.
"Yeah, it is!" Kirby said with a snicker.

"But to be honest, don't really know. Ever since I was handed down to Adrian we haven't had much time to interact with others and stuff and-" Kirby stopped herself from continuing, Adrian looking to the ground a bit as they approached the hotel.

Elis held Olorin gently, simply shifting her a bit so she could look into her eyes and smile, attempting to heal herself. "Olorin, it's fine... I'll be alright, I promise..."
"A-alright..." Olorin murmured, staying where she was shifted to, beginning to smile a bit

"Yeah, it is!" Kirby said with a snicker.

"But to be honest, don't really know. Ever since I was handed down to Adrian we haven't had much time to interact with others and stuff and-" Kirby stopped herself from continuing, Adrian looking to the ground a bit as they approached the hotel.
Charlotte looked over at Kirby for a moment, noticing the pair's reactions.

"Hey, I don't mean to pry, alright?" Charlotte said, opening the door to the hotel. She knew all too well that some memories are better left in the past.

"A-alright..." Olorin murmured, staying where she was shifted to, beginning to smile a bit
Elis held Olorin close on instinct, trying to get up with her own hand, breathing heavily as her condition was improving slowly but surely.
Charlotte looked over at Kirby for a moment, noticing the pair's reactions.

"Hey, I don't mean to pry, alright?" Charlotte said, opening the door to the hotel. She knew all too well that some memories are better left in the past.
"It's cool, I know that ain't what you were tryin' to do. I didn't take any offense." Adrian said casually as they reached the hotel room again.

"Guess it's time to face Zodd soon..." He murmured.

Elis held Olorin close on instinct, trying to get up with her own hand, breathing heavily as her condition was improving slowly but surely.
"... its going to be fine soon... please... rest until then... we both need water..." Olorin murmured, gladly hugging Elis back

"It went pretty well." Adrian said to Phares, "Charlotte definitely taught me a lot. Now I've got a solid idea on what to improve on..."
"... its going to be fine soon... please... rest until then... we both need water..." Olorin murmured, gladly hugging Elis back
Elis nodded, forming some water bottles for both of them.

"I'm sorry about this... For worrying you, I mean..." She murmured.

“Oh you two are finally back.” Phares says when he sees Charlotte and Adrian enter the hotel room again, “How’d your sparing match go?”
Charlotte glanced at Phares, nodding at Adrain's words.

"It went well. We both got something out of it, at least." Charlotte shrugged.

"Anything happen around here?" She asked the man.

Meanwhile.

Tarak had simply secluded himself inside a closet again. busying himself with studying his master's spell tome as he constantly repeated the spell him and Sophia had gone over, slowly but surely strengthening the dark magic around his bones.

"Tarak fight demon soon. Tarak break Zodd for master..." The skeleton murmured to himself quietly.

Back