• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

Elis smiled, having finished her weapon just as Olorin finished talking.
927d271c8d5022c91606b2c0b2886495.jpg

"A little inefficient, but it should pack some major firepower..." Elis murmured as she spun the enormous gun around, making sure she didn't do anything to mess up.
"Can i have a look at that?" Olorin asked, finishing another three purifiers which ran out of the room

Adrian, surprisingly, didn't try and block the attacks. Instead, he charged forward with monstrous strength to slam Dragon Slayer onto her relentlessly, dodging the rain of bullets as he dashed forward and smashed into her once again, which would further damage her ribs as his concussion was clearly causing him a bit of internal bleeding, blood dripping from his head. But even with that, he didn't slow down, simply continuing to relentlessly assault Charlotte with inhuman strength and speed, knowing that he couldn't waste energy on trying to dodge or block.
Charlotte's footwork, which was designed to allow her to move freely in any direction, quickly allowed her to reverse her momentum, dodging backward at the last moment to avoid the man's relentless assault. She was clearly on guard for any attack that would further damage her injured ribs. She continued to backstep, staying out of range of Adrain's strikes as she expertly measured the distance between them. Not wanting to be caught on the defensive, she quickly dodged to the left, avoiding his final slash as she pushed her momentum manipulation to its limit, unleashing a lightning-quick jab to his head, attempting to worsen his concussion.

"Sure!" Elis said, lowering the gun into Olorin's arms, the thing being weightless so it would be easy to carry.
Olorin immediately began checking it over, identifying all the strengths and weaknesses before turning to Elis

"Can you make two more of these? An immortal would do good with them." Olorin said, handing back to her and started working on a much more durable Immortal with thicker armor, far better shields, and a bit more mobility, though Olorin's own armor and shield generator seemed lacking in that regard

Charlotte's footwork, which was designed to allow her to move freely in any direction, quickly allowed her to reverse her momentum, dodging backward at the last moment to avoid the man's relentless assault. She was clearly on guard for any attack that would further damage her injured ribs. She continued to backstep, staying out of range of Adrain's strikes as she expertly measured the distance between them. Not wanting to be caught on the defensive, she quickly dodged to the left, avoiding his final slash as she pushed her momentum manipulation to its limit, unleashing a lightning-quick jab to his head, attempting to worsen his concussion.
Adrian didn't stop, able to barely avoid her blow to his head as he kept relentlessly pressing her without slowing down, but, he was losing blood, his vision becoming slightly blurred, but again, that wouldn't stop him. If anything, it only made him continue pushing forward, at this point using his accuracy in tandem with his superior strength to strike at any opening he could find, trying to deliver damage to every part of her body that he could to pressure her into passing out or giving up, gritting his teeth as his will to fight was, to put it lightly, superhuman.
Olorin immediately began checking it over, identifying all the strengths and weaknesses before turning to Elis

"Can you make two more of these? An immortal would do good with them." Olorin said, handing back to her and started working on a much more durable Immortal with thicker armor, far better shields, and a bit more mobility, though Olorin's own armor and shield generator seemed lacking in that regard
Elis nodded, two more of said guns manifesting. Now that she had made one and memorized the process which she used to make the first one, making a couple of more became far easier.

"Is this enough, or do you need a bit more?" Elis asked.

Elis nodded, two more of said guns manifesting. Now that she had made one and memorized the process which she used to make the first one, making a couple of more became far easier.

"Is this enough, or do you need a bit more?" Elis asked.
"I mean unless you're worried about my own defenses I can just mass produce these from scratch right now, I want something to put on the next batch of Dragoons though..." Olorin responded witha. Smile

Adrian didn't stop, able to barely avoid her blow to his head as he kept relentlessly pressing her without slowing down, but, he was losing blood, his vision becoming slightly blurred, but again, that wouldn't stop him. If anything, it only made him continue pushing forward, at this point using his accuracy in tandem with his superior strength to strike at any opening he could find, trying to deliver damage to every part of her body that he could to pressure her into passing out or giving up, gritting his teeth as his will to fight was, to put it lightly, superhuman.
Charlotte panted slightly, barely managing to avoid his powerful strikes as she gritted her teeth in annoyance. Her fighting style, Spatial Fist, was designed for quickly knocking out and killing an opponent with surprise attacks. While this fighting style was well suited for the slums, It wasn't built for an extended battle against someone she couldn't knock out and wasn't allowed to kill. In a battle of attrition, Adrain would surely gain the advantage.

"That concussion should get to him soon, just gotta keep the pressure up..." She thought. She continued to move every part of her body to avoid his constant barrage, before quickly dashing forward the moment after he swung his sword, boosting her momentum as she slammed her fist against the man's shoulder, the striking permeating through his body and dislocating the joint if successful. Charlotte was attempting to disarm him by disabling his sword arm.

Charlotte panted slightly, barely managing to avoid his powerful strikes as she gritted her teeth in annoyance. Her fighting style, Spatial Fist, was designed for quickly knocking out and killing an opponent with surprise attacks. While this fighting style was well suited for the slums, It wasn't built for an extended battle against someone she couldn't knock out and wasn't allowed to kill. In a battle of attrition, Adrain would surely gain the advantage.

"That concussion should get to him soon, just gotta keep the pressure up..." She thought. She continued to move every part of her body to avoid his constant barrage, before quickly dashing forward the moment after he swung his sword, boosting her momentum as she slammed her fist against the man's shoulder, the striking permeating through his body and dislocating the joint if successful. Charlotte was attempting to disarm him by disabling his sword arm.
Adrian delivered an elbow strike to her fist as soon as she tried to disarm him, displaying monstrous reaction speed again as his raw strength along with his entire body barring his head and neck being armored allowing him to avoid his sword arm being hurt, though, he could wield the Dragon Slayer with either arm regardless. He kept his barrage coming, his movements not at all slowing down or losing their accuracy, but he was losing blood and he was losing it quick due to how much he was moving, Adrian launching himself at her once more and immediately redirecting himself if she dodged or teleported, using his makeshift spatial awareness to predict where she'd end up as he clearly wasn't going to let her escape his flurry of blows.
"I mean unless you're worried about my own defenses I can just mass produce these from scratch right now, I want something to put on the next batch of Dragoons though..." Olorin responded witha. Smile
"I am worried about you're own defenses, Olorin!" Elis said seriously, creating around 10 more of the guns but smaller so that they could fit on the Dragoons..

"Of course I'm worried... We don't know what this fight has in store for us... I can't risk any of you guys getting hurt or dying... Even Adrian, even if I don't know him all that well... And Tarak to, even if he's already dead!"

"I am worried about you're own defenses, Olorin!" Elis said seriously, creating around 10 more of the guns but smaller so that they could fit on the Dragoons..

"Of course I'm worried... We don't know what this fight has in store for us... I can't risk any of you guys getting hurt or dying... Even Adrian, even if I don't know him all that well... And Tarak to, even if he's already dead!"
"I meant that my defenses are objectively worse than even the purifiers I'm making, I can't really take more than a couple hits if Zodd is strong, internal damage is life-threatening to me more than others." Olorin spoke seriously and nervously as she shoulder mounted the guns on either side of the Dragoon and teleported them ouf

"I meant that my defenses are objectively worse than even the purifiers I'm making, I can't really take more than a couple hits if Zodd is strong, internal damage is life-threatening to me more than others." Olorin spoke seriously and nervously as she shoulder mounted the guns on either side of the Dragoon and teleported them ouf
"Yeah, I'm more than aware of that, Olorin. I'd put some defensive enchantments on you but that'd probably take way more time than we have... Ha..." Elis said, sighing.

Adrian delivered an elbow strike to her fist as soon as she tried to disarm him, displaying monstrous reaction speed again as his raw strength along with his entire body barring his head and neck being armored allowing him to avoid his sword arm being hurt, though, he could wield the Dragon Slayer with either arm regardless. He kept his barrage coming, his movements not at all slowing down or losing their accuracy, but he was losing blood and he was losing it quick due to how much he was moving, Adrian launching himself at her once more and immediately redirecting himself if she dodged or teleported, using his makeshift spatial awareness to predict where she'd end up as he clearly wasn't going to let her escape his flurry of blows.
Charlotte managed to stop her momentum, shifting her fist just in time to avoid his elbow. Charlotte slid backward again, continuing to evade his slashes. She used her own superior Spatial Awareness to predict his own out, predicting how he would strike in response to her own predictions and dodging accordingly. Suddenly, she teleported, appearing mere millimeters away from his face. She launched a powerful, point-blank blow to his chest, using her vector manipulation to unleash a full-force punch despite not having any distance to accelerate her fist. Should Adrian predict this action and counter, Charlotte would quickly step backward, before delivering a vicious roundhouse kick to his head, aiming to shake his brain further.

Charlotte managed to stop her momentum, shifting her fist just in time to avoid his elbow. Charlotte slid backward again, continuing to evade his slashes. She used her own superior Spatial Awareness to predict his own out, predicting how he would strike in response to her own predictions and dodging accordingly. Suddenly, she teleported, appearing mere millimeters away from his face. She launched a powerful, point-blank blow to his chest, using her vector manipulation to unleash a full-force punch despite not having any distance to accelerate her fist. Should Adrian predict this action and counter, Charlotte would quickly step backward, before delivering a vicious roundhouse kick to his head, aiming to shake his brain further.
Adrian twisted around and swatted Charlotte away with Dragon Slayer, increasing its length and width up to the max to deal increased damage, generating a Shockwave that would serve to hit her if she dodged anyway, shaking up her insides and rattling her brain. Had she dodged or teleported, he would continue to read dozens of steps ahead, minimizing his movements to both slow his blood loss while also closing off all his openings, creating an iron-clad defense once more that would meet all of Charlotte's attempts at countering with a block or a deflection, which would then follow with him using Dragon Slayer's length of 10 ft to cover all of that distance around him, canceling out close-ranged attacks as well as he used his makeshift spatial awareness to its maximum efficiency to create an offense-defense sort of thing.

"Yeah, I'm more than aware of that, Olorin. I'd put some defensive enchantments on you but that'd probably take way more time than we have... Ha..." Elis said, sighing.
"Don't we have a bit?" Olorin asked, getting her armor and shield generator off for Elis to look at and enchant while she went to make more Immortals, dragoons, and Purifiers with each more plentiful than the last

"Enchantments take a while, Olorin. Especially the ones I'm gonna try and make for you..." Elis murmured, though, usually they didn't take that long, she was clearly nervous about the whole situation and that was throwing her off her game a bit.

"Elis... it's fine... remember, push comes to shove I can take a hit for you..." Olorin murmured, unconsciously shifting closer to Elis as she worked

"No, it really isn't, Olorin." Elis said as she got to work, just looking at the ground. "If you take a hit for me there's a good chance you'll sustain damage we can't deal with at the time... I have to be the bait, remember? I should be the one taking hits for you guys..."

"Elis, if I sustain damage you can heal me, and while I really don't like it, I've been planning to go under to upgrade my cybernetics, and I need someone to keep me alive during that time." Olorin paused her work to shift her gaze into Elis's, it was extremely scared and nervous, but determined "And just because your bait, doesn't mean you have to take a hit."

"Yeah, but what if I can't, Olorin!?" Elis exclaimed, "There's always the possibility that this plan doesn't work, I've considered it countless times! There's a chance that I... we all die bloody deaths!! A chance that all those innocent people die as well!" She ranted as she worked, and it seemed to make her work faster, even.

"Yeah, but what if I can't, Olorin!?" Elis exclaimed, "There's always the possibility that this plan doesn't work, I've considered it countless times! There's a chance that I... we all die bloody deaths!! A chance that all those innocent people die as well!" She ranted as she worked, and it seemed to make her work faster, even.
"That's the risk we all take going into battle, worrying your head off about it only stresses you out..." Olorin murmured, clearly having done that herself

"Yeah, I ******* know that, Olorin! I just can't shake it off..." Elis said, scratching her tattoo as she coughed up some blood, finishing enchanting Olorin's armor as she set it to the side and sighed.

"Yeah, I ******* know that, Olorin! I just can't shake it off..." Elis said, scratching her tattoo as she coughed up some blood, finishing enchanting Olorin's armor as she set it to the side and sighed.
Olorin flinched hard, the healbot automatically healing Elis, Olorin looking like she felt bad

Adrian twisted around and swatted Charlotte away with Dragon Slayer, increasing its length and width up to the max to deal increased damage, generating a Shockwave that would serve to hit her if she dodged anyway, shaking up her insides and rattling her brain. Had she dodged or teleported, he would continue to read dozens of steps ahead, minimizing his movements to both slow his blood loss while also closing off all his openings, creating an iron-clad defense once more that would meet all of Charlotte's attempts at countering with a block or a deflection, which would then follow with him using Dragon Slayer's length of 10 ft to cover all of that distance around him, canceling out close-ranged attacks as well as he used his makeshift spatial awareness to its maximum efficiency to create an offense-defense sort of thing.
Charlotte managed to read even further ahead, teleporting herself dozens of meters into the air to completely avoid the AOE of his shockwave, before again teleporting herself onto the ground behind the man. However, instead of backing away and attacking at range, she once again teleported into hyper-close range again, appearing mere millimeters away from his body as she wrapped her arm around his waist. Regardless of how long Dragon Slayer was, she knew that it was still a sword, which meant it wouldn't be effective if the opponent was too close to swing it effectively. Should her grip restrain Adrain, even for a fraction of an instant, she would once again deliver a Zero Distance Strike into his chest, the blow permeating through his body and momentarily stopping his heart if successful, Charlotte again aiming to incapacitate him instantly.

Charlotte managed to read even further ahead, teleporting herself dozens of meters into the air to completely avoid the AOE of his shockwave, before again teleporting herself onto the ground behind the man. However, instead of backing away and attacking at range, she once again teleported into hyper-close range again, appearing mere millimeters away from his body as she wrapped her arm around his waist. Regardless of how long Dragon Slayer was, she knew that it was still a sword, which meant it wouldn't be effective if the opponent was too close to swing it effectively. Should her grip restrain Adrain, even for a fraction of an instant, she would once again deliver a Zero Distance Strike into his chest, the blow permeating through his body and momentarily stopping his heart if successful, Charlotte again aiming to incapacitate him instantly.
Adrian immediately retaliated with a violent headbutt as soon as she even got close to grab him, moving with his monstrous reaction speed to stagger her, giving her a concussion herself if the strike connected as Adrian shortened Dragon Slayer down to merely a few inches and then violently expanded it to swat her away with the flat part of the blade, which would serve to further the damage to her ribs and also giving her some other fractures in various parts of her body due to the sheer strength of Adrian's swing, though his own concussion was worsened by this headbutt, even if his skull was admittedly far tougher than Charlotte's.
"I-It's fine... I'm scared and nervous too..." Olorin murmured as she began making another batch of purifiers, getting close to Elis unconsciously
"No, I shouldn't have acted like that... The fault lies with me, I just need to... Get my head back in the game..." Elis unconsciously wrapped her arms around Olorin, trying to pull her closer as she clearly wasn't in the best mental state herself.

Adrian immediately retaliated with a violent headbutt as soon as she even got close to grab him, moving with his monstrous reaction speed to stagger her, giving her a concussion herself if the strike connected as Adrian shortened Dragon Slayer down to merely a few inches and then violently expanded it to swat her away with the flat part of the blade, which would serve to further the damage to her ribs and also giving her some other fractures in various parts of her body due to the sheer strength of Adrian's swing, though his own concussion was worsened by this headbutt, even if his skull was admittedly far tougher than Charlotte's.
Charlotte managed to predict Adrain's headbutt in advance, including any attempt of out predict her predictions. She swerved her head to the side, redirecting her own strike into a fierce point-blank uppercut to his chin while she was still mere millimeters away from the man, worsening his concussion if successful. Stepping backward slightly as she saw Dragon Slayer shrink, she used her footwork and momentum control to quickly circle Adrain, appearing in ultra-close range again. She attempted to wrap her arm around his neck, delivering another Zero Distance Strike to his spine if successful, the strike permeating through his body as she once again sought to briefly stop his heart.

Charlotte managed to predict Adrain's headbutt in advance, including any attempt of out predict her predictions. She swerved her head to the side, redirecting her own strike into a fierce point-blank uppercut to his chin while she was still mere millimeters away from the man, worsening his concussion if successful. Stepping backward slightly as she saw Dragon Slayer shrink, she used her footwork and momentum control to quickly circle Adrain, appearing in ultra-close range again. She attempted to wrap her arm around his neck, delivering another Zero Distance Strike to his spine if successful, the strike permeating through his body as she once again sought to briefly stop his heart.
Adrian, as usual, was able to narrowly predict her prediction, dodging the uppercut and twisting around merely a split-second before she circled him due to his superior reaction speed, slamming Dragon Slayer into her once more and generating a shockwave that would blow her away, leaving barely any distance for dodging regardless as she still saw no openings in his iron-clad defense, Adrian following up with another strike to her other side another split-second later, allowing the weight of Dragon Slayer to push him forward and speed up has already inhumanly fast attack if he was successful.

"No, I shouldn't have acted like that... The fault lies with me, I just need to... Get my head back in the game..." Elis unconsciously wrapped her arms around Olorin, trying to pull her closer as she clearly wasn't in the best mental state herself.
Olorin smiled a bit, a gentle smile, but one nontheless, rising her head so her gaze might meet Elis's

"You know... with how much you blush around me and how much you want to hug me... I think you think of me the same way I think of you..." Olorin murmured quietly, before finishing the hug for Elis, being gentle in her hug with passion behind her movement

Olorin smiled a bit, a gentle smile, but one nontheless, rising her head so her gaze might meet Elis's

"You know... with how much you blush around me and how much you want to hug me... I think you think of me the same way I think of you..." Olorin murmured quietly, before finishing the hug for Elis, being gentle in her hug with passion behind her movement
"I hug all the people I care about, silly!" Elis said, her hug also gentle and passionate.

"Though I will admit that knowing that someone cares about me enough to call it.. love... is a little nice..." Elis murmured.

Adrian, as usual, was able to narrowly predict her prediction, dodging the uppercut and twisting around merely a split-second before she circled him due to his superior reaction speed, slamming Dragon Slayer into her once more and generating a shockwave that would blow her away, leaving barely any distance for dodging regardless as she still saw no openings in his iron-clad defense, Adrian following up with another strike to her other side another split-second later, allowing the weight of Dragon Slayer to push him forward and speed up has already inhumanly fast attack if he was successful.
Charlotte predicted further than Adrain once again. The moment Adrain swerved his head to dodge the uppercut, she grabbed him by the head, before immediately jumping upward, delivering an ultra close-range knee strike onto his skull in an attempt to again worsen his concussion. While Adrain's reaction speed was fast, Charlotte was no slouch, and her experience with ultra-close range combat meant that she could rapidly predict his possible ways of dodging. It was clear that she was attempting to keep the man entirely on the defensive.

"I hug all the people I care about, silly!" Elis said, her hug also gentle and passionate.

"Though I will admit that knowing that someone cares about me enough to call it.. love... is a little nice..." Elis murmured.
"Y-Yeah... it is... you want to try and make a super enchanted purifier?" Olorin asked, her mood being restored

Phares still in his room was thinking about the upcoming mission, I’ll need to be in a position to help Elis immediately if something goes wrong. I’m hoping I’ll actually be able to put my stealth to good use. If not I don’t really have many other talents that will help. That reminds me, I wonder why that guy invited me to this team? He wonders with his mind racing. He shakes his head and leaves his room trying to find someway to clear his head.

Charlotte predicted further than Adrain once again. The moment Adrain swerved his head to dodge the uppercut, she grabbed him by the head, before immediately jumping upward, delivering an ultra close-range knee strike onto his skull in an attempt to again worsen his concussion. While Adrain's reaction speed was fast, Charlotte was no slouch, and her experience with ultra-close range combat meant that she could rapidly predict his possible ways of dodging. It was clear that she was attempting to keep the man entirely on the defensive.
Adrian wouldn't be put on the defensive, rapidly adjusting his predictions to avoid being grabbed by the head by jumping back and immediately dashing back in with his monstrous reaction speed which only improved as he adjusted his movements according to hers, not to predict her, but to add the movements to his own style so he could achieve maximum bursts of speed and strength with only minimal movements.

"I was foolish again..." He murmured, gritting his teeth.

He couldn't out-predict her, he should've long since realized that by now, especially not with a heavily improvised Spatial Awareness. He had to focus on adjusting his movements to suit improving himself the best. He had to form something iron-clad to best her. Something infallible, something beyond anything he'd shown before. Something unbreakable, like what he'd cultivated in the past... He focused his makeshift spatial awareness on himself, and he focused on all of their past movements, allowing the man to further improve his offense-defense style.
"Y-Yeah... it is... you want to try and make a super enchanted purifier?" Olorin asked, her mood being restored
"Do you have anything particular you'd like me to give them?" Elis asked, pulling away from the hug slowly.

Adrian wouldn't be put on the defensive, rapidly adjusting his predictions to avoid being grabbed by the head by jumping back and immediately dashing back in with his monstrous reaction speed which only improved as he adjusted his movements according to hers, not to predict her, but to add the movements to his own style so he could achieve maximum bursts of speed and strength with only minimal movements.

"I was foolish again..." He murmured, gritting his teeth.

He couldn't out-predict her, he should've long since realized that by now, especially not with a heavily improvised Spatial Awareness. He had to focus on adjusting his movements to suit improving himself the best. He had to form something iron-clad to best her. Something infallible, something beyond anything he'd shown before. Something unbreakable, like what he'd cultivated in the past... He focused his makeshift spatial awareness on himself, and he focused on all of their past movements, allowing the man to further improve his offense-defense style.
Charlotte clicked her tongue in annoyance, breathing out as she carefully analyzed his movements, continuing to build a complete picture of his fighting style. She adjusted her stance again, this time optimizing it so that she could better react to her sword strikes. She was adaptable; she needed to be to stand any chance of surviving within the slums. This man was strong, absurdly so, but she had fought plenty of people stronger than her In her desperate bid to survive…and she wouldn’t stop here.

As the man charged forward, he focused her spatial awareness to it's limit, combining all her prior measurements and extrapolating them to his current movements to form a perfect picture of him in his mind, down to even his individual molecules. She suddenly lurched forward, moving in tandem with his charge as she ducked to the side to avoid his blade, simultaneously unleashing a fierce dashing punch towards his face as she did so, freely redirecting the blow to cover all possible dodging attempts.

Charlotte clicked her tongue in annoyance, breathing out as she carefully analyzed his movements, continuing to build a complete picture of his fighting style. She adjusted her stance again, this time optimizing it so that she could better react to her sword strikes. She was adaptable; she needed to be to stand any chance of surviving within the slums. This man was strong, absurdly so, but she had fought plenty of people stronger than her In her desperate bid to survive…and she wouldn’t stop here.

As the man charged forward, he focused her spatial awareness to it's limit, combining all her prior measurements and extrapolating them to his current movements to form a perfect picture of him in his mind, down to even his individual molecules. She suddenly lurched forward, moving in tandem with his charge as she ducked to the side to avoid his blade, simultaneously unleashing a fierce dashing punch towards his face as she did so, freely redirecting the blow to cover all possible dodging attempts.
Adrian was pushing his own makeshift spatial awareness to the limit to make his defense as iron-clad as possible, leaving no possible openings for her to attack as he combined this with his monstrous reaction speed to deal with her attacks... He'd put all his strength into this next attack as well.

Adrian, without attempting to dodge or block, charged forward with all his might. He used his reaction speed, along with his iron-clad defense, to catch her off-guard, even for a split-second, no, even less than that, betting everything he had into this one strike as he once again as he tried to slam Dragon Slayer into her, and even if she dodged, he'd immediately redirect the attack to wherever she was going without losing even a bit of his momentum, charging forward once more and pushing his predictions past their limit to move in such a way he could deliver a flurry of slashes at her without losing his momentum still, gritting his teeth as trying to do this with a makeshift technique was clearly straining him.

"I'll add some durability-increasing enchants, then!" Elis said with a smile, some runes beginning to form around her arms as she rolled up her sleeves.
Olorin started the outer chassis, giving Olorin ample time to put runes wherever she wanted them on the inside, while Olorin worked on the mechanics of it

Back