• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

"...It ain't just about her caring, Charlotte..." Adrian said, sighing.

"I know it's hard to move forward, sometimes... But... My point was that you've got people who care about you here. Not just Elis, but Kentoria, Olorin, Ryu, all those other *********... They all care about you, and got your back. I know this sounds like some cheesy ass speech from a guy you barely know for shit but... Ugh..." Adrian groaned, trying to find the words.

"Just... keep moving forward. That's all I really gotta say..."
Charlotte continued to tremble, taking shaky breaths as she tried to gather some semblance of composure.

"........."

"....Why are you helping me....?" Charlotte asked quietly. She didn't look the man in the eye, still staring away from the man as she looked at the nearby wall.

"....Y-you heard what she said. S-she was right. I-i am scum." She said softly.

"...She...was right. To kill me...after what I've done."

Charlotte continued to tremble, taking shaky breaths as she tried to gather some semblance of composure.

"........."

"....Why are you helping me....?" Charlotte asked quietly. She didn't look the man in the eye, still staring away from the man as she looked at the nearby wall.

"....Y-you heard what she said. S-she was right. I-i am scum." She said softly.

"...She...was right. To kill me...after what I've done."
"......" Adrian sighed.

"I've killed things, Charlotte." He said, leaning against the wall. "All my life I've killed things. Its all I know how to do...." Kirby's face scrunched up as Adrian began to talk, turning away from them both.

"I killed calamities, demons, animals, humans, all of em'. I killed them to save myself, to make myself stronger, etcetera..." He said, just looking at Charlotte with a blank look on his face.

"I ain't gonna judge you. You've killed things. I've killed things. You stole things. I stole things. We're both scum. We both deserve to die. When it'll happen is just up to how strong we become, and how long we persevere..." Adrian said, "I won't stop fighting... Not until I die..."

"And I joined up with this crew because... maybe..." He murmured, "I thought that maybe... these guys were people who wouldn't stop fighting to..."

“Well then I’ll just leave that aside then.“ Phares says, “I have one last question for now. It probably sounds stupid and I don’t think you’ll actually have an answer but figure I may as well ask. My epitaph and the rituals the calamities are pulling off, is it a coincidence they share a name?”

“Well then I’ll just leave that aside then.“ Phares says, “I have one last question for now. It probably sounds stupid and I don’t think you’ll actually have an answer but figure I may as well ask. My epitaph and the rituals the calamities are pulling off, is it a coincidence they share a name?”
"You mean the Eclipse...? I... actually don't know. Forgive me, but, even the higher-echelons of the Empire are unaware of the true purpose or nature of the Eclipse barring destruction and death... Although... No, never mind, that's personal..." Valkiria murmured, shaking her head.

Phares felt a little frustrated at that but said, “No point in me pushing further then. Thank you for your time and for giving me what you could.” He turns and walks toward the door and right before walking out says “Oh and if you need anything I suppose I could lend a hand. Some of the others probably would too.” He then leaves without waiting for any kind of response.

"......" Adrian sighed.

"I've killed things, Charlotte." He said, leaning against the wall. "All my life I've killed things. Its all I know how to do...." Kirby's face scrunched up as Adrian began to talk, turning away from them both.

"I killed calamities, demons, animals, humans, all of em'. I killed them to save myself, to make myself stronger, etcetera..." He said, just looking at Charlotte with a blank look on his face.

"I ain't gonna judge you. You've killed things. I've killed things. You stole things. I stole things. We're both scum. We both deserve to die. When it'll happen is just up to how strong we become, and how long we persevere..." Adrian said, "I won't stop fighting... Not until I die..."

"And I joined up with this crew because... maybe..." He murmured, "I thought that maybe... these guys were people who wouldn't stop fighting to..."
For the first time since they entered her room, Charlotte turned to face the man. She met his gaze, tears gently rolling down her cheek. She said nothing, for what seemed like an eternity. Simply looking over at the man.

“…He...hasn't given up..." Charlotte thought. She continued to stare at the man. He...had lost, just like her. Had faced strife and turmoil. He knew just how unfair life could be…and yet. He kept moving forward.

“…Adrian…” Charlotte muttered. Her body shook slightly as she finally spoke to the man.

“…Can…you help me…keep fighting?” She asked quietly.

Phares felt a little frustrated at that but said, “No point in me pushing further then. Thank you for your time and for giving me what you could.” He turns and walks toward the door and right before walking out says “Oh and if you need anything I suppose I could lend a hand. Some of the others probably would too.” He then leaves without waiting for any kind of response.
Valkiria nodded as he left, "...Thank you." She said, turning to the bed and sitting on it.

"This is... troubling..."

She couldn't fit into this crew, especially not after the shit her other self pulled. If anything, she'd probably get killed in battle if she went berserk again.

"Regardless, there are some things I must investigate... During that, I need to work to gain the crew's trust... As... best I can..."

She glanced at the various markings around her armor and axe, noticing that her gear was smeared with blood and guts. She sighed, removing her armor and going over to one of the room's closets. She downed some black shorts and a white t-shirt, moving to the laundry room in hopes of cleaning her gear. Contrary to what she may have seemed like, she didn't enjoy the scent or sight of blood, and having extremely enhanced nasal senses didn't do her any good. She hoped with time, she could gain the group's trust, or at least get Charlotte to not want to kill her... As long as she was with the Stars of Cinder, she had to try, at least.
For the first time since they entered her room, Charlotte turned to face the man. She met his gaze, tears gently rolling down her cheek. She said nothing, for what seemed like an eternity. Simply looking over at the man.

“…He...hasn't given up..." Charlotte thought. She continued to stare at the man. He...had lost, just like her. Had faced strife and turmoil. He knew just how unfair life could be…and yet. He kept moving forward.

“…Adrian…” Charlotte muttered. Her body shook slightly as she finally spoke to the man.

“…Can…you help me…keep fighting?” She asked quietly.
"....."

"I don't... know how..." Adrian said, looking down at his broken, rusty armor.

"I can't help people... Or change people... I can only kill and fight... If you want help I... I can't help you..." Adrian said, sighing.

"I'm just a killer."

Rex finished training, he was sweaty, but he increased his powers in a short time.

"I wonder if I still have caguamas in the fridge in my room" Rex said with a smile to himself

Valkiria nodded as he left, "...Thank you." She said, turning to the bed and sitting on it.

"This is... troubling..."

She couldn't fit into this crew, especially not after the shit her other self pulled. If anything, she'd probably get killed in battle if she went berserk again.

"Regardless, there are some things I must investigate... During that, I need to work to gain the crew's trust... As... best I can..."

She glanced at the various markings around her armor and axe, noticing that her gear was smeared with blood and guts. She sighed, removing her armor and going over to one of the room's closets. She downed some black shorts and a white t-shirt, moving to the laundry room in hopes of cleaning her gear. Contrary to what she may have seemed like, she didn't enjoy the scent or sight of blood, and having extremely enhanced nasal senses didn't do her any good. She hoped with time, she could gain the group's trust, or at least get Charlotte to not want to kill her... As long as she was with the Stars of Cinder, she had to try, at least.

"....."

"I don't... know how..." Adrian said, looking down at his broken, rusty armor.

"I can't help people... Or change people... I can only kill and fight... If you want help I... I can't help you..." Adrian said, sighing.

"I'm just a killer."
A small, sad chuckle escaped Charlotte’s lips. Slowly she put her hands on the bed. With great effort, she pushed herself into a sitting position.

“…don’t sell yourself short…Adrian.” Charlotte said quietly.

“Talking to me like this…you’ve…helped more than you realize….thank you.”

A small, sad chuckle escaped Charlotte’s lips. Slowly she put her hands on the bed. With great effort, she pushed herself into a sitting position.

“…don’t sell yourself short…Adrian.” Charlotte said quietly.

“Talking to me like this…you’ve…helped more than you realize….thank you.”
"...I guess." Adrian said, sighing as he held his hand out.

"Gimme your shirt so I can wash it, it's soaked with blood and sweat. Meanwhile, take it easy and make sure to keep that wound clean." Adrian said, Kirby seeming a bit surprised he'd offer something like that but she simply smiled and hopped onto his shoulder, her legs swaying back and forth.

Charlotte slowly nodded, sighing a bit. She unbuttoned her shirt, revealing a simple bra underneath. Balling it up, she handed it to him

“…Guess I’ll need a new suit…I…left it in the room, didn’t I…” She murmured to herself. The thought pained her greatly, the suit being one of the few memories she had left of her past home. She had fully excepted to die, back then, and had wanted to at least keep that small memento intact.

She sighed, shaking her head.

“Thanks again, Adrian. I…owe you one.” She said quietly.

"Give me the long version." The Masked Man said, sighing.

"I... I'm sorry, Olorin... It's just... everything I feared would happened and... I'm sorry... I'm sorry..." She murmured.

Valkiria nodded, "Thank you all for being... well... as reasonable as you could be..."

Adrian went into her room as just dropped her onto the bed, "How's that wound coming along?"
"W-well... you know Olorin Light, yes...?" Relama asked, his face contortions in pain talking about this

"It just... it hurts Elis..." Olorin murmured painfully

"W-well... you know Olorin Light, yes...?" Relama asked, his face contortions in pain talking about this

"It just... it hurts Elis..." Olorin murmured painfully
"Yes. She's a member of my crew." The Masked Man said, clearly indifferent to the boy's pain.

"I... I know... Is there... anything I could do to make it better...?" Elis asked.

"Yes. She's a member of my crew." The Masked Man said, clearly indifferent to the boy's pain.

"I... I know... Is there... anything I could do to make it better...?" Elis asked.
"Well... our pasts are mostly entertwined... if you know hers you likely know mine... and the end result." Relama said, hoping the Masked Man was intelligent enough to have read Olorin like a book enough to know her past

"I... I don't know...!" Olorin said as she began to tremble a little

"Well... our pasts are mostly entertwined... if you know hers you likely know mine... and the end result." Relama said, hoping the Masked Man was intelligent enough to have read Olorin like a book enough to know her past

"I... I don't know...!" Olorin said as she began to tremble a little
"I got it. So, what exactly do you want?" The Masked Man asked, "Make it quick."

"Do you... wanna just lay down...? And... and c...cuddle...?" Elis asked, gently hugging Olorin.

"I got it. So, what exactly do you want?" The Masked Man asked, "Make it quick."

"Do you... wanna just lay down...? And... and c...cuddle...?" Elis asked, gently hugging Olorin.
"Right now, I've got nothing to do, nowhere to go, but joining a mercenary group with Olorin in it would at least be something." Relama responded, shrugging

"Y-yeah... nothing more than that though..." Olorin murmured, clearly trying to be patient and saying that more to herself than Elis

"Right now, I've got nothing to do, nowhere to go, but joining a mercenary group with Olorin in it would at least be something." Relama responded, shrugging

"Y-yeah... nothing more than that though..." Olorin murmured, clearly trying to be patient and saying that more to herself than Elis
"Do whatever you want, then." The Masked Man said, just turning to walk back to the ship. "I've got my answers."

"I-If you don't want to we... d-d-don't..." Elis murmured, clearly worried she was messing something up.

"Do whatever you want, then." The Masked Man said, just turning to walk back to the ship. "I've got my answers."

"I-If you don't want to we... d-d-don't..." Elis murmured, clearly worried she was messing something up.
Relama followed "I need your official confirmation though, correct?" Relama asked, pulling out some scrap and tinkering with it "she was always so much better at this then I was..." Relama thought

"I want to got so far, but can't go so far is my thing... E-Elis..." Olorin murmured

Relama followed "I need your official confirmation though, correct?" Relama asked, pulling out some scrap and tinkering with it "she was always so much better at this then I was..." Relama thought

"I want to got so far, but can't go so far is my thing... E-Elis..." Olorin murmured
"If you want you have it, I don't much care, kid. I've got more important things to worry about." The Masked Man said as they came up to the ship.

"I... I just wanna lay with you, Olorin...! I don't... wanna go that far either..." Elis murmured back.

"If you want you have it, I don't much care, kid. I've got more important things to worry about." The Masked Man said as they came up to the ship.

"I... I just wanna lay with you, Olorin...! I don't... wanna go that far either..." Elis murmured back.
(Like how hard we're gonna get stomped next planet)

"Right..." Relama muttered, entering the ship and actually avoiding the room Olorin and Elis were in, before absent-mindedly walking into Adrian and staggering back, "Sorry!" Relama exclaimed

"R-right... yeah..." Olorin murmured, kissing Elis on the cheek

(Like how hard we're gonna get stomped next planet)

"Right..." Relama muttered, entering the ship and actually avoiding the room Olorin and Elis were in, before absent-mindedly walking into Adrian and staggering back, "Sorry!" Relama exclaimed
"Oi." Adrian turned to Relama, tilting his head. "Mask, whose this?"

"Old friend of Olorin's or something... Be nice." The Masked Man said, glancing at Adrian holding Charlotte's shirt. "You two get down and dirty?"

"Not even close, dude. I'm just washing her shirt for her. Ain't my type, anyway... If I have one of those." Adrian said, sighing.

"Don't worry, I can take the heat." Relama said to Mask, looking up into Adrian's eyes and smiling "Regardless, pleased to meet you." Relama said

"Don't worry, I can take the heat." Relama said to Mask, looking up into Adrian's eyes and smiling "Regardless, pleased to meet you." Relama said

"...Pleased to meet you to, kid." Adrian said, reaching down to shake the kid's hand with his artificial hand.

Elis smiled, clearly enjoying this as she kissed Olorin on the lips for a moment before immediately pulling back, blushing.

"...Pleased to meet you to, kid." Adrian said, reaching down to shake the kid's hand with his artificial hand.

Elis smiled, clearly enjoying this as she kissed Olorin on the lips for a moment before immediately pulling back, blushing.
Relama shook Adrian's hand, remaining his smile as he spoke "you know I think the best way to show I can be effective would be a spar but my thing is... unorthodox to say the least." Relama commented

Olorin blushed profusely before smiling a pained smile, clearly remembering someone again as she teared up

Relama shook Adrian's hand, remaining his smile as he spoke "you know I think the best way to show I can be effective would be a spar but my thing is... unorthodox to say the least." Relama commented

Olorin blushed profusely before smiling a pained smile, clearly remembering someone again as she teared up
"Eh, I don't really care if your to effective to be honest. If you wanna spar I'm game." Adrian said as the Masked Man walked away slowly.

"Olorin... Are you ready to talk, now...?" Elis asked, her hands on Olorin's shoulders as she clearly wanted to know what was wrong.

"Eh, I don't really care if your to effective to be honest. If you wanna spar I'm game." Adrian said as the Masked Man walked away slowly.

"Olorin... Are you ready to talk, now...?" Elis asked, her hands on Olorin's shoulders as she clearly wanted to know what was wrong.
"Well, against you I'd probably lose, but yeah, give me your best shot... wherever the fighting area is." Relama said light-heartedly as he searched for one that wasn't occupied

"I... I..." Olorin was trying to get words out, but clearly struggled with this part especially, breaking down a little before shaking her head, not wanting to ruin the moment

"Well, against you I'd probably lose, but yeah, give me your best shot... wherever the fighting area is." Relama said light-heartedly as he searched for one that wasn't occupied

"I... I..." Olorin was trying to get words out, but clearly struggled with this part especially, breaking down a little before shaking her head, not wanting to ruin the moment
Adrian led Relama to one of the training rooms, unmounting Dragon Slayer casually. He may as well entertain the kid. "Whenever your ready."

"Olorin, you can talk to me, yknow...? You've... helped me so much, I... I wanna help you..." Elis murmured.

Adrian led Relama to one of the training rooms, unmounting Dragon Slayer casually. He may as well entertain the kid. "Whenever your ready."

"Olorin, you can talk to me, yknow...? You've... helped me so much, I... I wanna help you..." Elis murmured.
"I'm ready, but your going to have to make the first attack. Be warned I don't have much in the way of regeneration so you can't exactly cut my arm off!" Relama said, clearly serious about this but remaining light-hearted

"Even so it's... hard to think about..." Olorin murmured, hugging Elis and accidentally touching her chest with her face and pulled back embarassedly

"I'm ready, but your going to have to make the first attack. Be warned I don't have much in the way of regeneration so you can't exactly cut my arm off!" Relama said, clearly serious about this but remaining light-hearted

"Even so it's... hard to think about..." Olorin murmured, hugging Elis and accidentally touching her chest with her face and pulled back embarassedly
"Uh. Alright?" Adrian said, walking up to Relama, not really knowing what to do. The kid looked pretty week, so, if he hit him to hard he may kill him in one hit... "Here I come." Adrian said, just swinging Dragon Slayer at Relama at a reasonable pace.

"Olorin..." Elis pulled her back, allowing Olorin to rest her head in her chest. "Just... please tell me when your ready..."

Relama stood still and let Dragon Slayer hit him, assuming it was the flat end it staggered Relama a bit but something clearly changed as he was hit, in fact, he seemed to be able to move at the speed Dragon Slayer was swung at now, but he clearly knew he couldn't really damage Adrian like this as he took a step back

"W-well... I... I... I had a friend... in that..." Olorin murmured, stopping to regain her composure enough to speak without losing it

Relama stood still and let Dragon Slayer hit him, assuming it was the flat end it staggered Relama a bit but something clearly changed as he was hit, in fact, he seemed to be able to move at the speed Dragon Slayer was swung at now, but he clearly knew he couldn't really damage Adrian like this as he took a step back

"W-well... I... I... I had a friend... in that..." Olorin murmured, stopping to regain her composure enough to speak without losing it
Adrian tilted his head, moving forward and slashing at Relama once more to test a theory that he was developing about the boy.

Elis nodded, "Take it slow, Olorin... Breath..." She said softly, trying to comfort her.

Adrian tilted his head, moving forward and slashing at Relama once more to test a theory that he was developing about the boy.

Elis nodded, "Take it slow, Olorin... Breath..." She said softly, trying to comfort her.
Relama managed to raise his arms and block the attack, he seemed equal to it now assuming it was the same strength as Adrian's other attack

Olorin did just that, breathing in and out to calm herself down while tightening her grip on Elis

Relama managed to raise his arms and block the attack, he seemed equal to it now assuming it was the same strength as Adrian's other attack

Olorin did just that, breathing in and out to calm herself down while tightening her grip on Elis
"Oh, so that's it." Adrian said, stopping. "You copy anything that hits you. I fought a few of your type before..."

Elis held Olorin, gently running her hand through the girl's hair, patting her gently as she did her best to calm her girlfriend down.

"Oh, so that's it." Adrian said, stopping. "You copy anything that hits you. I fought a few of your type before..."

Elis held Olorin, gently running her hand through the girl's hair, patting her gently as she did her best to calm her girlfriend down.
"Essentially, yes. I'm easy to beat, and honestly I don't even think I could adapt to your full strength without dropping the time I have in combat considerably. Though the reasons for why I am the way I am are... less than ethical... I've grown used to it." Relama said, not attacking still as he believed he wouldn't be able to harm Adrian right now

"P-place... he helped me... retain my sanity through it all... I... I don't know what happened to him in the end... I... I think he's..." Olorin at this point basically broke down, crying into Elis's clothing and chest as she tried to calm herself down

"Essentially, yes. I'm easy to beat, and honestly I don't even think I could adapt to your full strength without dropping the time I have in combat considerably. Though the reasons for why I am the way I am are... less than ethical... I've grown used to it." Relama said, not attacking still as he believed he wouldn't be able to harm Adrian right now

"P-place... he helped me... retain my sanity through it all... I... I don't know what happened to him in the end... I... I think he's..." Olorin at this point basically broke down, crying into Elis's clothing and chest as she tried to calm herself down
"You sure you wanna keep going? Seems like it'll just be a back and forth between us until you collapse." Adrian said, shrugging, not really caring either way.

"What was his name, Olorin...?" Elis gently asked.

Back