• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

"...I'm already here..." Seraphina stumbled out of the ship, her expression mostly blank as her eyes slowly trailed around the area, surprisingly unbothered by the horrid stench. "You guys need evidence... right? I'm the evidence..." She murmured, beginning to walk.
Charlotte glanced at Seraphina from the corner of her eye.

"...No one will force you to testify for us, Seraphina. We....don't want you to relive something like that, if it isn't necessary." Charlotte said, straightening her tie. Her voice was quiet, and strained.

"It doesn't matter anymore..." Seraphina murmured, "Whether or not I relive it or I don't... It doesn't matter... It's already all been destroyed... Sulking over it doesn't change that... So... I'll just help the people who saved me..." She said, just looking at the ground with a blank, hollow stare.

"...Ryu and the... dog... thing... gave me some food earlier... I've been training and sleeping, besides that..." Seraphina murmured.

"It doesn't matter anymore..." Seraphina murmured, "Whether or not I relive it or I don't... It doesn't matter... It's already all been destroyed... Sulking over it doesn't change that... So... I'll just help the people who saved me..." She said, just looking at the ground with a blank, hollow stare.
"Very mature of you....like a grown up"

Told to the girl after hearing this

"...Ryu and the... dog... thing... gave me some food earlier... I've been training and sleeping, besides that..." Seraphina murmured.
"...Good...good." Charlotte said, nodding.

"...I...I know how tempting it is to....isolate yourself. But...y-you don't need to...go through....this alone, alright? There are some...nice people in this group, that would be...happy, to help you out..." Charlotte said quietly.

Seraphina glanced at Charlotte and Dean, staring at them for a few moments with swollen, puffy eyes, with various markings under her eyes, clearly from excessive crying. She stared at them aimlessly for a few moments, turning to the distance, where she could see a large gate and an enormous set of walls that presumably surrounded a city or settlement, akin to the walls that once surrounded Neptunia, but far rougher, bruised, even.

"...Okay." She said hoarsely, beginning to walk slowly, swaying lightly from side to side every once and a while due to a lack of balance.

Adrian let out a sigh, simply following as he unmounted Dragon Slayer, prepared to leave the blade at the front gate if necessary once they'd gotten there.

Seraphina glanced at Charlotte and Dean, staring at them for a few moments with swollen, puffy eyes, with various markings under her eyes, clearly from excessive crying. She stared at them aimlessly for a few moments, turning to the distance, where she could see a large gate and an enormous set of walls that presumably surrounded a city or settlement, akin to the walls that once surrounded Neptunia, but far rougher, bruised, even.

"...Okay." She said hoarsely, beginning to walk slowly, swaying lightly from side to side every once and a while due to a lack of balance.

Adrian let out a sigh, simply following as he unmounted Dragon Slayer, prepared to leave the blade at the front gate if necessary once they'd gotten there.
Charlotte breathed out, trembling slightly. She slowed her walk a bit, moving behind the party until she was next to Seraphina.

"...You can lean on me for balance, if you're having trouble..." She murmured. She knew the women didn't like to be touched, so she figured asking her to initiate it would be easier for her to accept.

"I said... I'll be... fine..." Seraphina grumbled as they reached the front gate.

At the gate, they were greeted with an armored man wearing a gas mask with an enormous rifle mounted to his back.

"Drop any and all weapons you have at the gate. If you have some storage, put them in there and close it. If you can create, turn into, or summon weapons, or own a combat golem, keep them to yourself." The guard said bluntly.

"Got all that?" Maverick said, turning to the group.

"Kentoria, mind if I put my stuff in your storage?" Adrian asked, sighing.

Charlotte patted her pockets, before realizing she was entirely unarmed. She had given her gun to Timcanpy, and her dagger had been completely shattered in her fight against Zodd. She shook her head, putting her hands back in her pocket.

"...I don't have any weapons on me..." She said.

Tarak grabbed the four weapons he had been carrying off of his back. They were caked in dirt and blood, and covered in cracks. Their craftsmanship itself was incredibly crude, simple wood and metal tools designed to be used by expendable soldiers such as himself.

"Master gifted these weapons to Tarak....will he get them back once he returns?" Tarak said blankly, asking if he could have his weapons when they left.

"You'll get your stuff back when you leave." The guard said as Elis searched her pockets, not having anything on her as well. Timcanpy stayed in Golem Form, still on top of Elis's head. If she just stayed in Golem Form she wouldn't have to drop Aeon, so that was good.

(Waiting on you, @DaReaperMan.)

"Your criminals?" The guard asked as Maverick spoke up.

"Suspects. Neptunia got Eclipse'd not to long ago, and they were the only survivors, so I'm bringing them in. Shouldn't take long." Maverick explained.

The guard nodded, "Alright. Handcuffs won't be necessary. You celling them?"

"Nah, I'm sure their innocent, but, procedure is procedure." Maverick said, causing the guard to nod once more.

"Alright. I'll inform 'Valkyrie' of your arrival." The guard said, still waiting for Reaper's characters to drop their shit.

(I explicitly said Kentoria didn't come out with weapons in-hand lmao)

"Unless you're feeling like trying to strip me of my armor I have nothing, and I'm pretty sure your never getting that forcefield to drop without a golem going into alternate form." Kentoria said, Olorin nodding and showing that even if she wanted to she had nowhere to store anything on her person

"Yeah, yeah." Kentoria said, clapping her hands together in a clang and opening them, no apparent disturbance in the air but it clearly was a opening to a pocket dimension big enough to hold Dragon Slayer

Adrian threw Dragon Slayer into the dimension, as well as his daggers, and his artificial arm, the thing conveniently disconnecting from his nerves as the guard nodded, the gates slowly opening.

"Have fun." The guard said.

Seraphina moved in along with Adrian, Kirby just sitting on his shoulder with a curious look on her face as they moved.

Talandar floated in the middle of the group as Kentoria walked alongside Adrian

"Olorin, are you alright here?" Kentoria asked, Olorin shaking her head genuinely, not liking this place at all

Rex looked around, wondering who or what Valkyrie is.

Brownie for his part, he was simply hungry like any other black beast, his hunger was immense, but controllable to a certain extent

The group was immediately assaulted with the smell of smoke, gunpowder, iron, and a whole 'nother variety of metals and minerals as Maverick blew away a cloud of smoke and steam that came there way. Elis examined the area, squinting a bit as she looked at the various people armed with rifles, swords, armor, and various other weapons march in rows through the particularly positioned buildings, which clearly housed no civilians, just soldiers, as each building was a single story and a single room, making it optimal for swift entry and exiting. There were some taller buildings which were expertly positioned like some sort of fortress, as if they were place while taking in mind whether or not enemies would be coming in, making it particularly hard to navigate for normal people, but, of course, the Stars of Cinder were not normal people.

The most peculiar soldiers were the ones in armor and gas masks like the one at the gate, except these ones were armed head-to-toe in daggers, grenades, guns, pretty much any weapon you could think of, the sound of their footsteps echoing throughout the city- No, more like fortress.

"Welcome to Central. Make yourself at home, Stars of Cinder." Maverick said, his eyes following the various carts and vehicles that were obviously transporting weapons being carried by the people in gas masks, more particularly the ones that were less heavily armed.

"Woah..." Elis murmured, flinching a bit as Adrian glanced around, seeming impressed by the scenery, but also feeling a bit out of place without a weapon himself.

"Any shops to get scrap metal...? I can contribute and make things for you...!" Olorin murmured to Maverick

"Right... anything about this "Valyrie" we should know about before we meet her?" Kentoria asked Maverick

Charlotte glanced around, her eye's scanning the soldiers as they walked through the area. They were better outfitted than any of the gangs on her homeworld. She had never seen so many high-quality guns in one place. She took a deep breath, trying to ease her nerves, which made her almost cough as she inadvertently inhaled some of the smoke that lingered in the air.

"...Let's get this over with." Charlotte thought. She shifted her attention back to Maverick, listening to Kentoria's question.

Rex was somehow not surprised and yet yes he was surprised, as if he had seen places more extreme in military complexity than this but he couldn't remember when and where as if he had put a mental barrier on his head, but he put that out of his mind.

Brownie just opened his mouth as he swallowed some of the smoke, that was like a small glass of water for him.

"Pipe it down, kid. Scrap metal's plentiful and you won't be here for long. As for Valkyrie and the like... You'll figure it out." Suddenly, a little girl walked up to them, or well... she seemed like a soldier.
__tanya_degurechaff_youjo_senki_drawn_by_gar32__sample-d9b3e5323845ad483a9b06c770c863cc.jpg

"Ah- Major Degurechaff!" Maverick stood up straight, saluting to the girl.

"Ease yourself, Maverick. Who are these chumps?" The Major asked, "Actually- Don't tell me. I don't give a shit. Just send them to Valkyrie and see if she kills them or creams her spinach."

"Yes, ma'am!" Maverick exclaimed, nodding as he turned to the rest of the group.

Back