• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: No Way Home Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doing better doesn’t always equate to being on the level of a guy who died easily to an opponent. And let’s be honest, if Thanos wanted Peter dead, it would’ve taken a quick crush when he slammed him. He really didn’t do all that well again him in battle
Thanos still restrained Loki easier than he restrained Spider-Man

Except he wasn’t restrained with more effort. He grabbed Peter and slammed him easy. That looks about equal to me, no signs of scaling. If you wanna argue it was harder to restrain him, then you’re arguing for 6-C stuff
I’m not arguing 6-C wtf bro. You can clearly see Thanos using slightly more effort restraining Spider-Man than Loki. Do you really think I’m that dumb? Huh?

I’m not arguing 6-C wtf bro. You can clearly see Thanos using slightly more effort restraining Spider-Man than Loki
because he wasn't using the space stone and because he was pretty mad at the time, using more effort doesn't mean he's weaker it just means he was trying to strangle or something instead of just holding him there

Just a quick remark but I have been binging a lot of online stuff on the movie to answer many of the plot holes and questions I have of the movie, and kinda didn't realise how it made total sense that Harry Osborn didn't show up because Dr Strange changed the spell to exclude Peter's best friend, girlfriend and aunt.

Also kinda like the idea that the Electro in this movie was from a later point in time as Sony has always teased his survival given how he's so different from what he was in TASM 2. He probably learnt his identity indirectly through the Sinister Six, so he could still think Peter was black.
Actually you know what, expanding on that it actually could explain a lot of the inconsistencies with the villains. We know that Lizard was approached to join the Sinister Six so it's possible that the original cure wasn't permanent, which is why Andrew had to cure him again. Given the fact that Andrew talks about how he stopped pulling his punches for a period of time, I kinda like the theory of a darker Spider-Man just straight up murdering Lizard because of how he reminds him of Gwen in his universe.

Sandman, I guess he turned back to a life of crime even after seeing his daughter again? Eh it's plausible.

Btw can anyone explain why Doctor Octopus knows so much about Green Goblin?

Sandman, I guess he turned back to a life of crime even after seeing his daughter again? Eh it's plausible.

He claimed he read about them in the Daily Bugle. Does Sandman probably care much about their lives? I’d doubt it, but in a mostly superheroless world where you hear about flying Goblins and women using four mechanical arms, I’d imagine it’d at least grab his attention once or twice

Electro was using the 8-A Arc Reactor which we have agreed on yes. It doesn’t scale to any of the Spider-Men though. Especially since TASM couldn’t defeat a Pre-Amped Electro
I forgot which one (it's hard to tell the difference between the spider men in that fight) but one of them got shocked for quite a while but wasn't really damaged much by it, why would that not scale?

I forgot which one (it's hard to tell the difference between the spider men in that fight) but one of them got shocked for quite a while but wasn't really damaged much by it, why would that not scale?
It really wouldn’t since Electro scales far beyond them at that point. If any of the Spider-Men were 8-A, it would kinda destroy the consistent scaling

He claimed he read about them in the Daily Bugle. Does Sandman probably care much about their lives? I’d doubt it, but in a mostly superheroless world where you hear about flying Goblins and women using four mechanical arms, I’d imagine it’d at least grab his attention once or twice
Isn't the whole thing in the Raimi trilogy that Harry doesn't know the truth about his father since it was kept a secret though?

what about the feat itself is wrong though is my problem
Electro overpowering all the Spider-Men is consistent. We just can’t scale Arc Reactor Electro’s full output to them. TASM Spidey even claims he’s stronger than he’s ever seen before. Remember that TASM Spidey couldn’t physically defeat Pre-Amp Electro and had to rely on using his power against him

Last edited:
Actually you know what, expanding on that it actually could explain a lot of the inconsistencies with the villains. We know that Lizard was approached to join the Sinister Six so it's possible that the original cure wasn't permanent, which is why Andrew had to cure him again. Given the fact that Andrew talks about how he stopped pulling his punches for a period of time, I kinda like the theory of a darker Spider-Man just straight up murdering Lizard because of how he reminds him of Gwen in his universe.

Spidey pretty much forgave Marko tho.

Sandman pretty much explains it. Their deaths made headlines on the news.

I'm more interested to know how Norman even learned of his son Harry's death, his voice felt heavy after he mentioned his son.

Spidey pretty much forgave Marko tho.
I’m guessing this idea is that Marko turned back to crime and likely due to his Sandy Physiology, something happened when Peter was stopping him that resulted in his death albeit entirely accidental

At the time Doctor Octopus died though, Harry knows nothing on the truth about his father.
Harry found out after the mirror scene which happens immediately after Spidey leaves off of the crane, which happens a few minutes after Ock drowns. How else would he morph into the New Goblin and then die at Venom's hands? Tobey mentions this during the lab scene, about Harry's demise.

I’m guessing this idea is that Marko turned back to crime and likely due to his Sandy Physiology, something happened when Peter was stopping him that resulted in his death albeit entirely accidental
Eh, doubt it, only way he could die is if he returned back to human form and then got accidentally capped.

Harry found out after the mirror scene which happens immediately after Spidey leaves off of the crane, which happens a few minutes after Ock drowns. How else would he morph into the New Goblin and then die at Venom's hands?
So Green Goblin's identity was revealed to the world in that short span of time (kinda doubtful that Harry would just report it to the press too) enough for Doctor Octopus to hear about it?

So Green Goblin's identity was revealed to the world in that short span of time (kinda doubtful that Harry would just report it to the press too) enough for Doctor Octopus to hear about it?
There was actually a 2 year gap between SM1's ending and the start of SM2, where Aunt May mentions that it'd be Uncle Ben's second death anniversary one month after Pete's birthday which happens in SM2.

So yeah, it'd be a pretty big-enough gap for everyone to find out. Especially with Sandman and Ock both confirming it.

Harry Osborn didn't know anything about it though until the mirror scene and they made a big deal out of it like it was Harry discovering this for the first time. And in Spider-Man 3 they had that infamous butler scene where Bernard tells him the truth. It seems heavily implied that Norman Osborn's true identity was kept under wraps.

Btw it would have been nice to have Norman and Otto recognise Curt Connors lel.

Another interesting note related to what we’re taking about. According to the SM3 novelization, Harry actually was considering hearing Peter out when walking to the limo as he believed himself capable of telling if Peter was going to lie, but the Norman hallucination pretty much told him not to indulge him.

Harry Osborn didn't know anything about it though until the mirror scene and they made a big deal out of it like it was Harry discovering this for the first time.
That or he might've had trouble coming to terms with the fact that his father was a villain, when everyone else accepted Norman to be a monster. The alcohol addiction Harry was going through might've played a factor. Remember Harry being drunk on champagne and slapping Peter, and then drinking alcohol right before Otto just slams him on his home?

And in Spider-Man 3 they had that infamous butler scene where Bernard tells him the truth. It seems heavily implied that Norman Osborn's true identity was kept under wraps.
Seems like Bernard didn't do a very good job of it if the news reached even convicts like Marko.

Btw it would have been nice to have Norman and Otto recognise Curt Connors lel.
I think I saw it happen, only that Ock got shocked at the Lizard being not their Connors.

Ehhhhhh will just have to accept it I guess. It's true that Harry was slowly turning deranged as well, otherwise even if the world didn't know beforehand, a sane Harry Osborn would still realise his father was bad when he finds out he's the Goblin himself.

I also felt Norman Osborn is portrayed way more sympathetically in this movie, while in Spider-Man you kinda feel like Norman Osborn is a terrible person in the first place and the Goblin is just bringing the dark side of him out. I don't mind it at all though, it's really compelling especially with Dafoe's acting.

Ehhhhhh will just have to accept it I guess. It's true that Harry was slowly turning deranged as well, otherwise even if the world didn't know beforehand, a sane Harry Osborn would still realise his father was bad when he finds out he's the Goblin himself.
Guess it was just Harry's intensifying thirst for vengeance clouding his judgment.

I also felt Norman Osborn is portrayed way more sympathetically in this movie, while in Spider-Man you kinda feel like Norman Osborn is a terrible person in the first place and the Goblin is just bringing the dark side of him out. I don't mind it at all though, it's really compelling especially with Dafoe's acting.
Prolly Osborn realized his mistake in the MCU, guess it doesn't just redeem the story, it redeems the characters before they are even redeemed.

We aren’t gonna give Electro a new key for MCU energy. We’re combining his displays Pre-Arc Reactor with his TASM2 displays as there’s no real difference aside from design changes. Yes, he felt a different energy there, but it’s not as if he had a lot of it
I wouldn't expect you to make two new keys for Electro but mainly considering when he first shows up, he doesn't do much. "No real difference" but you have Electro while amped in TASM2 at wall lvl and base Sandman at building level?
Rather odd don't you think?

I wouldn't expect you to make two new keys for Electro but mainly considering when he first shows up, he doesn't do much. "No real difference" but you have Electro while amped in TASM2 at wall lvl and base Sandman at building level?
Rather odd don't you think?
You do know we’ll be updating their tiers, right? Giant Sandman and Pre-Arc Reactor Electro will be “At least Building level, likely higher”. I’ve been posting drafts throughout the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back