• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[MCU] Possible High 6-A Pre & Post-Awakening Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lacku

He/Him
I was recommended by @Dalesean027 to make a CRT about this calc. as it has been looked at by a few calc. members and no concrete conclusion has been made on it yet:

There was an attempt to reject it in the comments since the feat comes from the Thor (2011) novelisation but that was disproven. Since then no real progress on whether or not the calculation is correct has been made. If it is correct every character that scales to Pre-Awakening Thor would be upgraded to High 6-A. By extension every character that scales to or above Post-Awakening Thor would now be High 6-A, however, The Marvels may have given us an actual value for how high into the tier they are. I've spoiler-tagged it below in case anybody hasn't seen the movie or is interested in doing so.

In The Marvels, Captain Marvel restarts Hala's sun, we hoped for the feat to be 4-C but in the spoiler discussion thread it's been pointed out that it's more likely High 6-A, still, this would put Carol's AP at 91.921606118546847597 Petatons (Base energy of the sun) compared to Pre-Awakening characters either 0.95, 8 or 9 Petatons. Due to a recent Captain Marvel CRT, Binary Carol on the scaling chain is now below Thanos' full power and is now more on the level of (or even below which I don't agree with) Mark 80 Iron Man, Thor, Worthy Cap, etc. This would put most Post-Awakening characters at >91.921606118546847597 Petatons.

TL;DR: Pre-Awakening character would now scale to either 0.95, 8 or 9 Petatons if the calc. above is accepted and Post-Awakening characters would either scale to or above 91.921606118546847597 Petatons thanks to Captain Marvel.

Last edited:
Tbf since Loki tanked the same energy that would make him High 6-A too
It's a clear outlier for Loki, but Thor at least has a potential supporting calc

Also, he wasn't at the point-blank center of the explosion like Thor, which might knock the feat down a few tiers

It's a clear outlier for Loki, but Thor at least has a potential supporting calc

Also, he wasn't at the point-blank center of the explosion like Thor, which might knock the feat down a few tiers
Honestly, it might be worth recalcing the Bifrost Explosion with its High 6-A energy in mind as it might be a good upgrade for Asgardians bringing them closer to characters like Ronan and the GotG.

Honestly, it might be worth recalcing the Bifrost Explosion with its High 6-A energy in mind as it might be a good upgrade for Asgardians bringing them closer to characters like Ronan and the GotG.
I tried a rough calc. Unless we want Loki in the Petatons range, the feat is still an outlier for him

Neutral on the Jotunheim calc.
All the images are gone so most of the assumptions currently have no backing.

In addition the calcs high end assumptions are weird.

The 900 Teratons I can get (still a massive high end though) but the 9 Petatons is something not at all backed by the movie to my recollection.

All the images are gone so most of the assumptions currently have no backing.
I noticed that a lot of the images provided by @RoTt35 are gone, so I dunno what happened

I have some of them saved on my phone
The 900 Teratons I can get (still a massive high end though)
You mean the 6-A part of the above calc, because I'm not sure what you are referring to? If so, cool

Pretty sure these are the messing images
8897408-8724530525-image.png

9165344-img_7115.png

9165345-img_0372.png

9165346-img_9646.png

If the calc is unusable, the only things left to discuss are the sun feat and maybe Bifrost scaling if we really want to go there

Every time I see a Thor upgrade he skips like 3 tiers per feat with no supports

High 7-A to High 6-C, High 6-C to High 6-A, then he was High 6-C to 5-A

with no supports whatsoever

We already went down that road too many a time (Even with the current 6B value we're using) so I won't bother with that here.

If the calc is unusable, the only things left to discuss are the sun feat and maybe Bifrost scaling if we really want to go there
Sun feat I'd keep for the Marvels, but don't count me in on that, I ain't watching that film.

Bifrost scaling is a massive no-no for me even now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back