• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Voting Spidey for greater skill, experience, combat intelligence, LS and Spider-Sense to read Venom like a book.
Venom can block the Spider Sense, which is how he was able to take Spider-Man by surprise so many times in their fight, or at least that's what I thought I saw in the Spider-Man 3 novelization linked somewhere in the profile. Venom has higher LS too, as he's Class K regularly, while Peter is only Class K at his peak, and even then Peter can only maintain that LS for a short time. This means Venom can just restrain Peter like he did in Spider-Man 3 and beat him senseless.. Venom was able to completely overpower his own version of Spider-Man with ease, and Peter needed to exploit the Symbiote's weakness in order to win. Venom has his own Spider Sense as well, since the Symbiote copied all of Peter's abilities. Something else important that Venom has which MCU Peter doesn't have is the instinctive ability to do swings and jumps which would require complex calculations, which would allow him to to focus more on the battle while also giving him greater maneuverability.

I mean, for what i can remember Sam's Raimi Venom was the most powerful villain of the trilogy, manage to defeat rather quickly Toby's Spider and killed New Goblin at the same time/shortly after

In a direct fight i say he have the upper hand

But still, if Peter could figure out his weakness would be rather easy to exploit it

In my headcanon his tech suit probably can already make high frequency noises

venom body slams what the ****?

vastly stronger

higher LS even causally

mobility on par with spiderman

memorizes all the basics of what spiderman can do

better regeneration

only thing peter has going for him is the spider sense, which venom is literally immune too lmaoo

Venom can block the Spider Sense, which is how he was able to take Spider-Man by surprise so many times in their fight, or at least that's what I thought I saw in the Spider-Man 3 novelization linked somewhere in the profile.
MCU Peter's Spider-Sense proved to be much more effective compared to Tobey's, acting even out of combat.

Venom has higher LS too, as he's Class K regularly, while Peter is only Class K at his peak, and even then Peter can only maintain that LS for a short time.
Spidey can immobilize Venom with Class M webbing and Venom can do nothing.

Venom has his own Spider Sense as well, since the Symbiote copied all of Peter's abilities. Something else important that Venom has which MCU Peter doesn't have is the instinctive ability to do swings and jumps which would require complex calculations, which would allow him to to focus more on the battle while also giving him greater maneuverability.
Venom doesn't have Precognition, Spidey does, and Spidey can still use EDITH to analyze Venom and avoid him in a manner similar to a successive and giant Danmaku attack by parts of Mysterio's Drones.

Dude, Venom has Power Mimicry which copied Raimi Spider Man's Spider Sense, it's even on the profile what?
I think Tauanvictor's referring to the fact that MCU Spider-Man has Precognition listed as part of his abilities on his profile, while the Raimiverse Spider-Man and Venom only have enhanced awareness and self-perception manipulation as part of the Spider Sense abilities, and it only says that their Spider Sense "borders on precognition" without outright saying it is precognition. I personally disagree with the idea that MCU Peter's Spider Sense gives him a greater degree of precognition than his other variants, though admittedly MCU Peter's gotten more chances to show off his Spider Sense than his other movie counterparts, such as knowing Green Goblin had taken over Norman's body while Raimiverse Peter never could (though never got the chance to detect the Goblin persona arising either).

Ah, that makes sense, although Venom does have Regen which would help him out and seems to have better Lifting Strength. But if MCU Spidey gets the chance to get a good web out, it will restrain him allowing Venom to do nothing.

Last edited:
Not sure if Venom is resistant to his own Spider-Man's sense

but if that is the case, then it only applies to that Spider-Man because he was once a host of the Symbiote

So that wincon is off the table

So Peter's advantages here compared to Raimi Peter is that his Spider-Sense hasn't been adapted to by the Symbiote, along with the fact that the use of the Iron Spider prevents this from being a stomp unlike the battle seen in SM3. Also the speed boost of the Spider-Sense is helpful, since being restrained by Eddie is still very much on the table.

This is likely going to be a more prolonged fight. Depending on what tech is available, this could go faster, but I'll get to the point. This battle likely ends once Peter is able to overwhelm Eddie with his webbing. We've seen how fast Peter can act with his webbing while taking advantage of his mobility. The only reason it could take a little longer is that Venom's LS and abilities make him a very unique opponent to overcome.

Voting the Iron Spider. Both have solid enough wincons, but I'm more confident in the skill, intelligence, webbing LS, and non-ineffective Spider-Sense advantages here

Raimi Venom looks like he has more to work with, such as having better regen, better LS (and possibly slightly higher AP?) but MCU Peter’s precog would let him nab the win, albeit probably with medium to high difficulty.

Tom Holland FRA

Back