• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: No Way Home Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine they just bring back tobey maguire in the mcuverse, confused and shit, feeling that his ass is itchy so he scratches it only for him to be sent back to the raimiverse.
It'd be just a cameo of Tobey doing this then suddenly disappearing as he turns around.
peter-parker-hotdog.gif

Just seen the movie. It was amazing, spectacular even. Possibly even ultimate

Anyway, just wanted to ask: Is if possible to scale Gobby’s glider to a "higher" tier considering it cut off one of Ock’s arms?
It was Electro who cut off Ock's arms. Gobby's glider is already gonna be higher due to it tanking two bombs inside of it (its circuitry got ****** up but physically, the glider was fine).

Huh, weird, I could've sworn Electro did it for his left upper arm.

Well, either way, it's just one arm (Each arm tanked one bomb), if Gobby cut up all the arms at once maybe then it could scale.

Doesn't matter tho, the glider itself can tank two bombs on its lonesome.

Neat. Thanks for the confirmation, Lonky! I wonder if any of the calcs will yield something beyond 8-C/8-C+, that'd be a treat.

Speaking of, here's a question to kickstart some more conversation. If you could have the Spider Trio at any tier you wanted, what would it be? Mainly talking about AP here, though I guess if you have an opinion on Speed then you can share that too. Me personally, I'd say High 8-C because that just seems to be the Spider-Man tier lol seriously, didn't we have like 4 Peter Parker Spider-Men profiles at High 8-C at one point?
High 8-C is for spidey

Hey guys, a question about something that has nothing to do with it, but what level would an explosion that vaporize a mountain be? a mountain such as Denali

lol i just find it funny that hawkeye only has a higher with his best arrows and the explanations in there are shit like damaged iron man (with the 8-A ) and slightly harmed Loki (Guy who is 8-A) so shrug.
I miss 8-B Iron Man 😔
I found it with more sense, I mean in a fist fight I doubt that iron man with the mark 6 could do much

it's probably something like: buffed electro>sandman>regular electro>Otto>Tom's peter>Goblin>the other 2 peters>Lizard
or the 2 peters above goblin, or equal to tom holland spider-man, depending on how well tobey peter performed against him in his movies.
Marvel.com official classes Tobey's Spider-Man as "The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" and Andrew's remains the same as the title of his solo movies.

When you say "buffed Electro" are you talking about before he gets the arc reactor or after? Because he was buffed in both instances compared to his TASM2 self.
Tobey beats the snot out of Goblin in his own movie. Him being on the losing end at the beginning of their final fight was due to Goblin's attack on MJ, which left Peter "disastrously weakened" per the novelization. Goblin also did this after conceding that Spider-Man is "all but invincible" after two confrontations with him.
I'd personally say:
Electro (Arc Reactor) >> Electro (MCU Energy) > Sandman > Doc Ock > Green Goblin > Lizard via just villains.
I think it would be good to note that Goblin also received upgraded equipment "glider and all" per his Marvel.com description.

Marvel.com official classes Tobey's Spider-Man as "The Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man" and Andrew's remains the same as the title of his solo movies.

When you say "buffed Electro" are you talking about before he gets the arc reactor or after? Because he was buffed in both instances compared to his TASM2 self.
I was talking about after he gets the Arc Reactor.

Tobey beats the snot out of Goblin in his own movie. Him being on the losing end at the beginning of their final fight was due to Goblin's attack on MJ, which left Peter "disastrously weakened" per the novelization. Goblin also did this after conceding that Spider-Man is "all but invincible" after two confrontations with him.
I'd personally say:
Oh yeah, I know this part. MJ had Pete distracted leaving him vulnerable as he held on to the civilians and MJ. But once in the old house, after Gobby threatened to kill MJ "nice and slow", Tobey effectively lost his shit and stomped Osborn.

Electro (Arc Reactor) >> Electro (MCU Energy) > Sandman > Doc Ock > Green Goblin > Lizard via just villains.
I think it would be good to note that Goblin also received upgraded equipment "glider and all" per his Marvel.com description.
Pretty much.

I was talking about after he gets the Arc Reactor.

Oh yeah, I know this part. MJ had Pete distracted leaving him vulnerable as he held on to the civilians and MJ. But once in the old house, after Gobby threatened to kill MJ "nice and slow", Tobey effectively lost his shit and stomped Osborn.

Pretty much.
Ah I see. No need to really talk about it more if you pretty much agree with the scaling anyway.

Yeah I rewatched it like 10 mins ago and read the section of the novel and SM1 annual from the bridge attack onwards. It seems that the strain of holding the cart for so long exhausted him but the threat towards MJ gave him the motivation to beat Goblin's ass, as it states in the annual that his "strength" returned. He also has a statement from the SM2 novel where he digs deep and uses his full strength similar to Tom in Homecoming during the "Come on Spider-Man!" scene.

Just a quick remark but I have been binging a lot of online stuff on the movie to answer many of the plot holes and questions I have of the movie, and kinda didn't realise how it made total sense that Harry Osborn didn't show up because Dr Strange changed the spell to exclude Peter's best friend, girlfriend and aunt.

Also kinda like the idea that the Electro in this movie was from a later point in time as Sony has always teased his survival given how he's so different from what he was in TASM 2. He probably learnt his identity indirectly through the Sinister Six, so he could still think Peter was black.

I'd personally say:
I meant after, the one sandman scales above was already amped anyway, and electro really couldn't do anything during that fight.

I'd personally say:
We aren’t gonna give Electro a new key for MCU energy. We’re combining his displays Pre-Arc Reactor with his TASM2 displays as there’s no real difference aside from design changes. Yes, he felt a different energy there, but it’s not as if he had a lot of it

Why isn’t iron spider suit 8-A?
It should scale to most of Tony’s armors. Plus, electro has a seemingly newly made arc reactor so shouldn’t that scale?

Aside from its advanced power source and use of nanotechnology, we would need more evidence of it were to scale to something of that magnitude, which at the moment we don’t have. Arc Reactors are key to Iron Man’s power source. We at least know the Iron Spider is more durable and ergo makes him stronger

Aside from its advanced power source and use of nanotechnology, we would need more evidence of it were to scale to something of that magnitude, which at the moment we don’t have. Arc Reactors are key to Iron Man’s power source
Spider-Man did do better against Thanos than Loki did

finally watched the movie yesterday, so I can look and read this........9.....page.....
anyways is far from home gonna be able to scale to the toby and andrew trilogy stuff?

Aside from its advanced power source and use of nanotechnology, we would need more evidence of it were to scale to something of that magnitude, which at the moment we don’t have. Arc Reactors are key to Iron Man’s power source. We at least know the Iron Spider is more durable and ergo makes him stronger
The arc reactor didn't look like the Nanotech one on Tony's chest, looks like just the regular triangular arc reactor, so 10 gigawatts it is.

Andrew directly takes a Unibeam from Electro straight to the chest. But again, Loki scaling shenanigans, so...

finally watched the movie yesterday, so I can look and read this........9.....page.....
anyways is far from home gonna be able to scale to the toby and andrew trilogy stuff?
Yeah, pretty much. The villains and the other Spidey-Men are the one and the same we saw in the previous movies so many years ago, the multitude of interviews, references, events and jokes the film has pretty much confirm it.

Basically what KLOL said plus drafts for ability additions and scaling stuff around the three universes. Seems like the most appropriate time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back