• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Caught on have you? LOL

Unfortunately, yes, revert the changes back to the based 8-C rating we have. I had no idea the calc existed up until now. Pls forgive me for my war crimes to preserve 8-C MCU.

Caught on have you? LOL

Unfortunately, yes, revert the changes back to the based 8-C rating we have. I had no idea the calc existed up until now. Pls forgive me for my war crimes to preserve 8-C MCU.
You WILL be dealt with, KLOL.

Do these help?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/F...7-23-17-04-208_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

This one is right before the explosion

Do these help?

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/F...7-23-17-04-208_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

His hands are right where the explosion is. Scaling is valid

Do these help?

Unfortunately, nah, those are the same scans I used to measure Spidey from the dead center of those portals.

KLOL making MarvelChampion revert the profiles
no-way-home-spider-man-no-way-home.gif

The explosion calc had some problems anyways, it technically would be counted as a ground blast explosion (because it happened on top of a "grounded" surface), and the radius is slightly larger than what was used in the calculation (as the epicenter wasn't the middle of the screen, it was slightly to the right of the screen)

And as KLOL mentioned, it forgot to take Inverse Sq Law into account

Well nah they're only about 3m awaybfrom the epicenter so just do the calc for that it could maybe still be high 8-C or close to it

I think even being 1 meter from the epicenter reduce the durability needed by dozens of times.

I was so happy to see this CRT title until I read the most recent replies, it almost feels scripted lol.

Also seeing four calc members commenting on the same CRT is pretty amusing tbh.

The distance between Spidey and the blast is shorter than Holland's own height, that and the original explosion calc used the wrong radius (the epicenter of the blast is closer to the right rather than straight in the middle)
Huh. I didn't account for that at all. Using Strange as a measuring stick would be much more accurate here however.

With that stuff I got 8-C at worst (using air blast, full spherical area, and only frontal BSA), although imo it should use ground blast, a hemispherical area, and the full BSA
So, ground blast, hemispherical area, and then multiplying the intensity with the full BSA?

Using Strange as a measuring stick would be much more accurate here however
Hmm I guess, I did get a slightly higher blast radius via Strange (1222/24*1.829 = 93.127 meters vs 1222/51*3.665 = 87.816 meters)
ground blast, hemispherical area, and then multiplying the intensity with the full BSA
With all of that and using the train as refernce it'd be ~5 tons of tnt

I'll post an actual blog post with all of that stuff soon (including using Dr Strange as reference for the blast radius)

The explosion calc had some problems anyways, it technically would be counted as a ground blast explosion (because it happened on top of a "grounded" surface)
Technically speaking when the portals started to press into each other it was a fair bit above the train, so I think air-burst is the more accurate approach.

Back