• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Oh hey this exists. ******* loved this movie, it singlehandedly undid 5 years of burnout from other capeshit movies and reminded me why I ever loved Spiderman as a kid. Only a 10/10 movie could do something like that.

Btw, shouldn't Miles get some sort of absorption since, iirc, he was trying to absorb electricity right before Hobie showed up? Also wondering what the hell Miguel tearing apart the Go Home Machine would be.

So, overpowered Miles seems like a bit much. Miles, after constant rewatches of the chase scene, gets a lot of hits on and evades Miguel; even when the latter visibly has his arm blades out.

1. I like what someone else said, this movie proves that we aren't tired of superhero movies, just bad ones.

2. If you refer to when spot put up that barrier, i think he was trying to blast it, since he later follows spider punk's advice to use his whole palm

3. Non-physical interaction maybe, perhaps limited space-time manipulation

1. I like what someone else said, this movie proves that we aren't tired of superhero movies, just bad ones.
Definitely. There's a lot of irony in the fact that the Flash bombed not long after AtSV came out.

2. If you refer to when spot put up that barrier, i think he was trying to blast it, since he later follows spider punk's advice to use his whole palm
Idk, Miles straight up says he's absorbing it (and it does visually look like that).

3. Non-physical interaction maybe, perhaps limited space-time manipulation
Either works ig

Planning to watch the movie soon. I recall a feat from Into the Spiderverse that looked promising as a speed feat. From eyeballing, it looked at least Supersonic.

Gwen after getting rocketed into Morales world was able to react to and catch a pole despite her speed.

Peter B. Parker wasn't able to for whatever reason (I guess cuz he was out of shape?)

They looked like they shot out of the point of origin at at least supersonic speed from a glance. So felt it might be worth calculating. I don't think I could, but figured someone here would have the grit to.

There were a few other speed feats I recall, but they aren't as impressive as this feat. I imagine just subsonic to subsonic+ stuff (Which I guess isn't bad for supportive evidence, but eh).

Last edited:
Look at his flight path. He isn't launched into anything he can grab on to
I get that, but he didn't even try to stop his movement when crashing into surfaces. Nor did he try using his web-shooters to stop or slow himself. I think he should scale via scaling to Gwen, I just think this was meant to show off his clumsiness as gag or smth along those lines.

So, overpowered Miles seems like a bit much. Miles, after constant rewatches of the chase scene, gets a lot of hits on and evades Miguel; even when the latter visibly has his arm blades out.
I’m a firm believer that Miles was on relative terms with Miguel despite the common belief that Miguel held back hard (His goal was to detain him, but he had no qualms in the methods in doing so. As seen with the Vulture).

However Miguel was getting the upper has by the end of the fight and clearly had him in a hold that Miles couldn't get out of till he used his Venom.

Planning to watch the movie soon. I recall a feat from Into the Spiderverse that looked promising as a speed feat. From eyeballing, it looked at least Supersonic.

Gwen after getting rocketed into Morales world was able to react to and catch a pole despite her speed.

Peter B. Parker wasn't able to for whatever reason (I guess cuz he was out of shape?)

They looked like they shot out of the point of origin at at least supersonic speed from a glance. So felt it might be worth calculating. I don't think I could, but figured someone here would have the grit to.

There were a few other speed feats I recall, but they aren't as impressive as this feat. I imagine just subsonic to subsonic+ stuff (Which I guess isn't bad for supportive evidence, but eh).

I was right. It's a lowball, but the best I could manage. An upgrade regardless at least.

KE is also 0.03 Tons. Small Building level. Supportive feat. You might be able to get LS from Gwen being able to stop herself on the pole without her arms being torn off.

Last edited:
I was right. It's a lowball, but the best I could manage. An upgrade regardless at least.

KE is also 0.03 Tons. Small Building level. Supportive feat. You might be able to get LS from Gwen being able to stop herself on the pole without her arms being torn off.
Wouldn't be anywhere near Class M.

Just from messing around, I got 88 Tonnes of Force. So would be a decent supportive feat. Might blog it and the KE later.

I don't think Miles should be rated Extraordinary Genius.

His best feat of intellect is creating his new Spider-Man suit by himself. Which is most likely a genius level feat.

Everything aside from that on the page just seems like "Gifted" to me.

I would say he's gifted for now.
Can I place this in or does anyone have any objections.

I don't know what the sum total of Miles' intelligence feats qualifies for but its definitely not gifted. He can activate the Go Home Machine completely by his lonesome despite it being a futuristic piece of technology he had zero relevant prior knowledge about. That's at least genius

I don't know what the sum total of Miles' intelligence feats qualifies for but its definitely not gifted. He can activate the Go Home Machine completely by his lonesome despite it being a futuristic piece of technology he has zero relevant knowledge about. That's at least genius
One or two feats of genius intellect isn't really enough for a straight-up genius intellect rating.

So I would still disagree with a genius rating.

He's definitely gifted for being able to know all the answers to his tests and being able to activate that machine so quickly and easily without prior knowledge. But I wouldn't give him any more than that.

Got accepted. At best, Mach 5 combat speed for Spider peeps. At worst, Mach 5 reaction speed (Would be higher if I could make out the buildings in the bg).

Do you think you can get any speed out of the laser weapons of Kingpin's employees?
At least if you look at it frame by frame, you get to see how they react to those projectiles at close range (Ham and Noir).
()
I know they don't have speed specified, but why show lasers weapons when in the movie they showed real weapons and even how they killed Prowler with one of them.
I feel like these weapons at least are just as fast as the weapons shown in the movie (like Kingpin's or Miles' father) in order to replace the firearms.

Do you think you can get any speed out of the laser weapons of Kingpin's employees?
At least if you look at it frame by frame, you get to see how they react to those projectiles at close range (Ham and Noir).
()
I know they don't have speed specified, but why show lasers weapons when in the movie they showed real weapons and even how they killed Prowler with one of them.
I feel like these weapons at least are just as fast as the weapons shown in the movie (like Kingpin's or Miles' father) in order to replace the firearms.

If I calc'd the speed of the lasers (Which I considered), I imagine they'd only come out as subsonic. Best hope would be to look for a scene that demonstrates the furthest distance one of the lasers covered. And if it was done relatively quick, the feat could be decent.

yeah looks perfect for beyond, showing how 42 miles' life went before he became the prowler, like maybe his uncle retired or something and passed it down to miles

i also like how it shows that they are actually good apparentely, i guess no kingpin there hiring prowler or something

Back