• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simon revisions (And I guess we also bring up High 1-C. Twice.)

Everything has been settled. All that is needed to do is to add justification for Simon's resistance.

After further analysis, I think these would:

Resistance to

Attacking from the past present and future isn't time manipulation, it's time travel or immeasurable speed...

Andytrenom said:
Attacking from the past present and future isn't time manipulation, it's time travel or immeasurable speed...
It seems like immeasurable speed for both since Simon the Digger can do it too and they can both move thorugh time axis through movement

Nedge1000 said:
>Basically redundant considering this applies to every space traveler ever but meh I guess it counts

>At what point does he... Resist... A Gunmen... What

>Simon never had to resist that, it was never applied to him, he just had to counter it, not to mention Anti Spiral doesn't even manipulate space in said attacks

>He was literally dying that's not resistance that's being crushed.

>Any time the Anti Spiral did use it, it worked and Simon didn't resist

>Yes, that's actually legit

>Never actually used on Simon

It clearly just explodes with no electricity in sight. And Simon never even tanks the blast.

Actually, honestly, Resistance to Probability Manipulation also bothers me. He doesn't resist, he just has it for himself and overpowered the Anti Spiral's variant.

In fact if anything Anti Spiral was the one resisting it considering they had to bring out the probability altering missiles to get past Dai Gurren's defenses

DMUA said:
He doesn't resist, he just has it for himself and overpowered the Anti Spiral's variant.
Pretty sure that would also be resistance in this case.

Resistance is the ability to lessen the effectiveness of certain techniques and abilities through whatever means, such as greatly decreasing the potency of Mind Manipulation or nullifying it altogether.

Nedge1000 said:
Dai-Gurren didn't have it nor Simon at that time.
Simon only got separated from the crew after the Anti Spiral pulled out the Labyrinth. Every other time they were going through it together.

You continuing to link other sources does not give me confidence in you actually having watched the show

Blasting someone with more energy isn't resistance to energy manipulation, and likewise, blasting someone with more probability isn't resistance to Probability Manipulation.

DMUA, you use the wrong name; it easier to use show than tell. Besides, the evidence was as proven true by the anime.

Probability Manipulation =/= to Energy Manipulation; it is a bad analogy.

It will work unless going resistance or can negate it

Nedge1000 said:
It easier to use show than tell. Besides, the evidence was as proven true by the anime.

Probability Manipulation =/= to Energy Manipulation; it is a bad analogy.

It will work unless going resistance or can negate it
Ironic considering you've only done the latter and haven't even elaborated how it's proven true in said show rather just choosing to say something and expecting it to be taken as universal truth, and when it isn't, proceeding to link fanon sources.

Not really. The same principal of stronger thing beats weaker thing applies, and in both examples, you don't need to resist to be stronger

It's being overpowered by a stronger use of the ability, not negation or resistance.

My point is comparing Probability Manipulation to Energy Manipulation is False Analogy Fallacy in how Resistance works with Energy Manipulation.

It (Probability Manipulation) will work unless going resistance or can negate it

Simon does not have negation. Likewise, Reactive Evolution can grant Resistance.

Even, if I agree with a statement.; It would still be Resistance based on its definition

Resistance is the ability to lessen the effectiveness of certain techniques and abilities through whatever means, such as greatly decreasing the potency of Mind Manipulation or nullifying it altogether.

Nedge1000 said:
After further analysis, I think these would: Resistance to
Those are extemely iffy unless we've given other characters resistance to raditation for simply being in space.

Electircity manipulation is not valid unless the Gunman beastmen actually shoot out electricity to attack Simon and not simply use it as a power source for their mech.

Radiation Manipulation - (Can survive in outer space). Technically true since space has a lot of radiations.

Nedge1000 said:
It never stated that Simon overpowered it, it would be head cannon.
I mean, the implication is left by

Literally the entire show itself

They gain probability manipulation, Anti Spiral counters, and they brawl it out using it

Saying they resisted the Hax would be more the headcanon, as it goes against them trying to break their limits and outfight their chance of winning being absolute 0.

The show is more about fighting the odds then resisting the odds being altered.

Yes, it can be considered a resistance, but it's closer to an application of an ability then another ability entirely.

Back