• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Last Ditch Effort at Upgrading TTGL to Immeasurable

Intro
This time the argument isn't about Simon's existence or even him crossing the multiverse, it's about what his Spiral Power did with the multiverse itself.

Feat
Simon integrates the multiverse itself and even merges with every possible version of himself (which does not just include alternate reality Simons, but even the past and future versions of himself)

Integration Mechanics
The way integration has been shown to work is not because of Simon's Lagann, but because of Simon's Spiral Power that forms these drills. As seen in Episode 13, Simon integrates Katra Leader via Gurren Lagann's drills (technically Simon's drills), and on the monitor, it shows the drills which are glowing a brighter green because they were formed by Spiral Power.
And in Episode 8, this same green glow appears as the drills protrude around Gurren Lagann's body.
And to further prove that it's Spiral Power, which is used to integrate, and not because of the mech, is the fact that Kittan's King Kittan isn't a Core Machine (or Lagann-type Gunmen), and it still integrated a drill to its arm to make it fully functional.
To summarize, the Spiral Energy has to grab the objects in question that the user wants to integrate. This means that in order for Simon to integrate the multiverse AND his past and future selves, his Spiral Energy has to actually traverse the entire structure and points in time where his other selves are to be able to integrate and merge with them in the first place.
Edit: To further corroborate that Simon used his Spiral Power to integrate the multiverse, he was shown and stated to use his Core Drill when doing it; the Core Drill being a conduit for Spiral Power, and has been used to release it before. Even in the clip of the episode, a green glow is emitted from Simon’s hand
New edit: This statement from Work Soul (Gurren Lagann movie guidebook) also suggests that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a product of the multiverse by the activation of Super Spiral Power. Basically the multiverse is Simon’s weapon because of his Super Spiral Power, which would further support the way the multiverse was integrated

Regarding Gurren Lagann's Time Travel Mechanics
Time traveling has been done a couple of times via a technique and attack, but do you know what these both have in common? The fact that they are performed by manipulating multidimensional probability.
Random Schrodinger Warp
The Random Schrödinger Warp is a technique in which Ashtanga enter probability space and shift up and down the time-axis by manipulating multi-dimensional probability fluctuations. In this state, the Ashtanga exist everywhere along the local space-time axis simultaneously in a state of uncertainty, hence the Schrodinger part of the name. In this state, the Ashtanga exist in innumerable places simultaneously in space-time and multiple dimensions
Possible Space-Time Axis Simultaneous Fire
This is an attack that Lordgenome developed in order to battle against the Random Schrodinger Warp. It works by detecting enemies throughout time itself and firing probability fluctuating bullets in order to be able to reach the enemy hiding throughout multiple points of the near past and future.
With these techniques, the mechanics of time travel has been established. Manipulating probability is needed to perform time travel

A Commonly Argued Feat
Back to Simon's feat, there is nothing that states that he is manipulating probability so that his Spiral Power can traverse the multiverse, and same to himself traveling throughout the multiverse in order to save his friends from the trapped multiverse. Simon doesn't travel to just alternate realities; he also travels to the future of a universe that Yoko was trapped in, which was previously established a year ago in a previous attempt at upgrading TTGL. This should actually be a supporting feat, as in this instance, Simon also does not alter probability to travel through time, he literally just flies to that point, which can be backed up by his Spiral Power also being able to travel to the past and future.

Supporting Argument
Time travel has been previously established as needing probability manipulation to perform. Simon was stated to break through the walls of the multiverse, and he perceives those universes' past, present and future all at once, ie viewing those universes as the entire space-time continuum. Plus, through the activation of a far superior version of Spiral Power, Super Spiral Power, Simon is now capable of viewing said universes, so it isn't the use of an already existing hax he has. Super Spiral Power gave him an immense upgrade for him to see the universes' past and future. The universes didn't just come crashing down to appear in front of him, it's trying to portray that he sees it all now.

Conclusion
These are the final reasons on why I believe TTGL God tiers should be rated in speed as Immeasurable.

If this is accepted, I will obviously make a scaling chain of God tier speed, and if not I honest to God give up

Who Would it Scale to?
Simon (Post-Multiverse Labyrinth) [Same as before, except now has infinite reserves of Spiral Power]
Team Dai-Gurren (Post Multiverse Labyrinth) [Nia, Yoko, Viral, Lordgenome, Boota] {Were all given the same power as Simon}
Gurren Lagann (Post-Multiverse Labyrinth), TTGL and STTGL (All mecha powered by Simon and Team Dai-Gurren)
Simon (Post-Super Granzeboma Destruction), Nia, Viral and Boota (Post-Apotheosis), Gurren Lagann (Post-Apotheosis) [Withstood Antispiral’s full power]
Antispiral (Kept pace with Simon in a fist fight)
Simon (Post-Apotheosis) [Faster than his previous self]

Agree: 7 (1 staff)
Disagree: 1 staff
Neutral: 1

Last edited:
looks good to me but i'm not sure how this scales to everyone's reactions. i think it should just be "immeasurable attack speed with probability manipulation" or something similar

looks good to me but i'm not sure how this scales to everyone's reactions. i think it should just be "immeasurable attack speed with probability manipulation" or something similar
Speed has been accepted as proportionate to Spiral Power, so when a being uses Spiral Power to strengthen their body, they’re also able to amplify their speed. Spiral Power is why Gurren Lagann is capable of quickly crossing universal distances despite it not being that fast in earlier parts. And they’re not Immeasurable because of probability manipulation, Simon was never stated to manipulate probability for his Spiral Energy to grab his other selves

This is temporal and spatial omnipresence not immeasurable speed
This was covered in the Regarding Gurren Lagann’s Time Travel Mechanics section, never thought it was Immeasurable, it’s just time travel and temporal Nigh-Omnipresence
This can be immeasurable speed tho, only for this attack/technique
SGGL should also be Immeasurable, but not because of this attack, it’s probability manipulation + space-time manipulation

I ONCE AGAIN BRING YOU INTO THIS HELLHOLE TO GIVE TTGL ONE LAST PUSH.
You know when they're explaining how to deal with the anti spirals and everyone listening is attempting to not fall asleep

That is me right now

I am tired of these Mecha. These go getters. I'm tired of High 1-C this, Immeasurable that. I want to leave a world where my religion is made 1-A off of some obscure, unofficial statement from people who have no clue what they are talking about (this is not a joke this actually occured)

You know when they're explaining how to deal with the anti spirals and everyone listening is attempting to not fall asleep

That is me right now

I am tired of these Mecha. These go getters. I'm tired of High 1-C this, Immeasurable that. I want to leave a world where my religion is made 1-A off of some obscure, unofficial statement from people who have no clue what they are talking about (this is not a joke this actually occured)
I HAVE NO REGRETS

This is temporal and spatial omnipresence not immeasurable speed
Yeah. This is showing casing an Omnipresence or Multi-dimensional range. This has little to nothing to do with combat speed.
These are the final reasons on why I believe TTGL God tiers should be rated in speed as Immeasurable.
Their clearly different than everything else Immeasurable attack is of course Immeasurable.

But everything else is not.

Like before I'm still completely against anything higher than MFTL+ for TTGL characters. To the point I feel like a discussion rule needs to be put in place.

Like before I'm still completely against anything higher than MFTL+ for TTGL characters. To the point I feel like a discussion rule needs to be put in place.
But why is it just for their attacks? Spiral Power is used to strengthen the user’s body and all other attributes, if the Spiral Power is that fast, its user is just as fast when it empowers their body

It is not a special technique of any sorts, it’s literally just the raw Spiral Power and nothing else. Plus this goes against what we already agree on, if one speed value scales that high, it would scale that high for other speed values

I don’t understand why all of a sudden it only applies to a single speed type when it’s always been proportional to other speed values

It is not a special technique of any sorts
Lordgenome developed in order to battle against the Random Schrodinger Warp
If it wasn't special then it wouldn't have needed to be developed and it wouldn't be treated completely separately from everything else.
why all of a sudden
It has been this way for over a year. Its not sudden and its been treated like this for multiple revisions.

If it wasn't special then it wouldn't have needed to be developed and it wouldn't be treated completely separately from everything else.
That’s not the ******* attack im talking about, I’m talking about the Spiral Power Simon used to integrate the multiverse. The simultaneous space-time fire thing was specifically covered under Time Travel mechanics, I don’t understand why the hell everybody thinks that I want WHAT’S SPECIFICALLY COVERED UNDER TIME TRAVEL MOVES to be Immeasurable, I’m already so damn sick and tired.
It has been this way for over a year. Its not sudden and its been treated like this for multiple revisions.
That is all complete shit cuz why is Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann Massively FTL+ in general and everyone above is also that way? Oh yeah, keep in mind this was all done LESS than a year ago.
Do you really want more proof that it scales to all speed values? Fine, I can get it, but make sure you actually read and understand the post’s intentions next time like damn I’m so close to giving up

I’m talking about the Spiral Power Simon used to integrate the multiverse.
Which is an omnipresence feat for Spiral Energy as mentioned before. But its not immeasurable attack speed.
but make sure you actually read
I do read it, I just disagree with your interpretation.

As I've done the multiple times you proposed this before.

Which is an omnipresence feat for Spiral Energy as mentioned before. But its not immeasurable attack speed.
No. It’s. Not. It travelled from an origin point, throughout the multiverse so that Simon could assimilate the multiverse and his past and future selves. Plus, Simon doesnt exist in the beginning of time, the end of time or every single universe, he’s a human for god’s sake, how is that omnipresence?
As I've done the multiple times you proposed this before.
OMG LOL NO I DID NOT THIS IS LITERALLY THE FIRST TIME I PROPOSED IMMEASURABLE BECAUSE OF THIS SPECIFIC FEAT. Okay, let’s look at the past proposals, first was Simon himself flying throughout the multiverse to gather Team Dai-Gurren, everyone used this feat including me. Simon having the same dimensional existence as the temporal dimension, turned down, and everyone was on my ass for it couldn’t forget. Even Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann’s simultaneous space-time fire, which is covered here, except with the fact that I’m proposing it as time travel and space-time manipulation as a way to explain the mechanics of time travel, which is through manipulating multidimensional probability fluctuations. Now, there’s using Simon’s Spiral Power traversing the multiverse to merge with his past and future selves, link to me a thread where I used this argument please I totally have some memory loss condition

he’s a human for god’s sake, how is that omnipresence?
He exists as himself through the infinite multiverse the Anti-Spiral created to trap them.
link to me a thread where I used this argument please I totally have some memory loss condition
It was brought up by you and Iskandar here with the "likely infinite" speed upgrade thread. Though in that thread you were arguing for infinite speed rather than immeasurable using the same scene.

EDIT: My mistake, it was just Iskandar, I had mentally lumped the two parallel conversations into one conversation.

He exists as himself through the infinite multiverse the Anti-Spiral created to trap them.
No no no no noooooooo, those are his alternate selves, he doesn’t become the size of the multiverse, he is the same size as he’s always been, and we clearly see that.
It was brought up by you and Iskandar here with the "likely infinite" speed upgrade thread.
Nope, still different argument. In that thread, I was suggesting infinite speed because of him having infinite Spiral Power, nothing more nothing less. In this thread, I’m suggesting Immeasurable because of him projecting Spiral Power which flew throughout the past and present. One is about his reserve levels and one is about what Simon’s Spiral Energy did. See? Different

You're confusing omnipresence with Large Size
You’re confusing the point, he doesn’t become omnipresent, all possible versions just merge into a single body, there are no statements claiming he’s omnipresent now
Yeah, I made an edit because I had confused you and Iskandar's arguments together.
I’m sorry what? I was arguing Infinite for the same reasons too, and we never ever used his Spiral Energy’s actions just his Spiral Power’s size. This time, I’m using the Spiral Energy’s action rather than how much there is

he doesn’t become omnipresent
All of his other selfs become the same person. Its omnipresence but not immeasurable speed. Simon isn't omnipresent, just Spiral Energy.
I’m sorry what?
  • You made an argument
  • Isk said something else
  • I was debating you both
  • I had mentally lumped the two together because its been awhile
Its why my edit said: "EDIT: My mistake, it was just Iskandar, I had mentally lumped the two parallel conversations into one conversation."

I’m honestly sensing something, why when Simon’s type 2 Acausality was being proposed, omnipresence was also being proposed? Man, I don’t like to assume intentions, but I just think that now that it concerns a very controversial speed rating, it’s just now being brought up

it’s just now being brought up
You cracked the code. The FBI secretly wants to keep GL contained at MFTL+ and will try everything in their power to keep it that way

But in a serious response just because someone disagrees with your proposal and offers an alternative does not mean that they have secret anti-TTGL intentions. It just means that they disagree with your proposal.

All of his other selfs become the same person. Its omnipresence but not immeasurable speed. Simon isn't omnipresent, just Spiral Energy.
His Spiral Energy is not omnipresent, it literally exists within Simon, then he projects it to fly throughout the multiverse. If you want to propose that Spiral Power is omnipresent in Simon’s body, then sure, duh
I had mentally lumped the two together because its been awhile
What ever, point is it’s not the argument presented here

Back