• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Last Ditch Effort at Upgrading TTGL to Immeasurable

They should have immeasurable speed with the feat which was left vague, but then confirmed to be imeasurable speed by the 6 transcending time statements there are in Gurren Lagann. There should be no doubt about it whatsoever.

Intro
This time the argument isn't about Simon's existence or even him crossing the multiverse, it's about what his Spiral Power did with the multiverse itself.

Feat
Simon integrates the multiverse itself and even merges with every possible version of himself (which does not just include alternate reality Simons, but even the past and future versions of himself)

Integration Mechanics
The way integration has been shown to work is not because of Simon's Lagann, but because of Simon's Spiral Power that forms these drills. As seen in Episode 13, Simon integrates Katra Leader via Gurren Lagann's drills (technically Simon's drills), and on the monitor, it shows the drills which are glowing a brighter green because they were formed by Spiral Power.
And in Episode 8, this same green glow appears as the drills protrude around Gurren Lagann's body.
And to further prove that it's Spiral Power, which is used to integrate, and not because of the mech, is the fact that Kittan's King Kittan isn't a Core Machine (or Lagann-type Gunmen), and it still integrated a drill to its arm to make it fully functional.
To summarize, the Spiral Energy has to grab the objects in question that the user wants to integrate. This means that in order for Simon to integrate the multiverse AND his past and future selves, his Spiral Energy has to actually traverse the entire structure and points in time where his other selves are to be able to integrate and merge with them in the first place.
Edit: To further corroborate that Simon used his Spiral Power to integrate the multiverse, he was shown and stated to use his Core Drill when doing it; the Core Drill being a conduit for Spiral Power, and has been used to release it before. Even in the clip of the episode, a green glow is emitted from Simon’s hand
New edit: This statement from Work Soul (Gurren Lagann movie guidebook) also suggests that Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a product of the multiverse by the activation of Super Spiral Power. Basically the multiverse is Simon’s weapon because of his Super Spiral Power, which would further support the way the multiverse was integrated

Regarding Gurren Lagann's Time Travel Mechanics
Time traveling has been done a couple of times via a technique and attack, but do you know what these both have in common? The fact that they are performed by manipulating multidimensional probability.
Random Schrodinger Warp
The Random Schrödinger Warp is a technique in which Ashtanga enter probability space and shift up and down the time-axis by manipulating multi-dimensional probability fluctuations. In this state, the Ashtanga exist everywhere along the local space-time axis simultaneously in a state of uncertainty, hence the Schrodinger part of the name. In this state, the Ashtanga exist in innumerable places simultaneously in space-time and multiple dimensions
Possible Space-Time Axis Simultaneous Fire
This is an attack that Lordgenome developed in order to battle against the Random Schrodinger Warp. It works by detecting enemies throughout time itself and firing probability fluctuating bullets in order to be able to reach the enemy hiding throughout multiple points of the near past and future.
With these techniques, the mechanics of time travel has been established. Manipulating probability is needed to perform time travel

A Commonly Argued Feat
Back to Simon's feat, there is nothing that states that he is manipulating probability so that his Spiral Power can traverse the multiverse, and same to himself traveling throughout the multiverse in order to save his friends from the trapped multiverse. Simon doesn't travel to just alternate realities; he also travels to the future of a universe that Yoko was trapped in, which was previously established a year ago in a previous attempt at upgrading TTGL. This should actually be a supporting feat, as in this instance, Simon also does not alter probability to travel through time, he literally just flies to that point, which can be backed up by his Spiral Power also being able to travel to the past and future.

Supporting Argument
Time travel has been previously established as needing probability manipulation to perform. Simon was stated to break through the walls of the multiverse, and he perceives those universes' past, present and future all at once, ie viewing those universes as the entire space-time continuum. Plus, through the activation of a far superior version of Spiral Power, Super Spiral Power, Simon is now capable of viewing said universes, so it isn't the use of an already existing hax he has. Super Spiral Power gave him an immense upgrade for him to see the universes' past and future. The universes didn't just come crashing down to appear in front of him, it's trying to portray that he sees it all now.

Conclusion
These are the final reasons on why I believe TTGL God tiers should be rated in speed as Immeasurable.

If this is accepted, I will obviously make a scaling chain of God tier speed, and if not I honest to God give up

Who Would it Scale to?
Simon (Post-Multiverse Labyrinth) [Same as before, except now has infinite reserves of Spiral Power]
Team Dai-Gurren (Post Multiverse Labyrinth) [Nia, Yoko, Viral, Lordgenome, Boota] {Were all given the same power as Simon}
Gurren Lagann (Post-Multiverse Labyrinth), TTGL and STTGL (All mecha powered by Simon and Team Dai-Gurren)
Simon (Post-Super Granzeboma Destruction), Nia, Viral and Boota (Post-Apotheosis), Gurren Lagann (Post-Apotheosis) [Withstood Antispiral’s full power]
Antispiral (Kept pace with Simon in a fist fight)
Simon (Post-Apotheosis) [Faster than his previous self]

Agree: 7 (1 staff)
Disagree: 1 staff
Neutral: 1
i agree

It basically died when most mods rejected it when asked to recommend. I'll close it I guess.

EDIT: Hasn't been the 60 days or whatever yet I think. So I'll reopen it.

Last edited:
It basically died when most mods rejected it when asked to recommend. I'll close it I guess.

EDIT: Hasn't been the 60 days or whatever yet I think. So I'll reopen it.
1 staff agreed with it, and 1 staff disagreed. This is what I at least see in OP.

I still don't get how it's not Immeasurable, because his energy literally was shot from the palm of his hand which travelled to the past and future. It's much like the Possible Space-Time Axis Simultaneous Fire that Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann does, which fire bullets throughout time, which you did consider Immeasurable. So really it's very confusing

I still don't get how it's not Immeasurable, because his energy literally was shot from the palm of his hand which travelled to the past and future. It's much like the Possible Space-Time Axis Simultaneous Fire that Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann does, which fire bullets throughout time, which you did consider Immeasurable. So really it's very confusing
Wait, is this throwing speed? I heard DT saying, if someone has immeasurable throwing speed, then he should be unlikely also be immeasurable speed.
(as long as it is done without any type of abilities)

Wait, is this throwing speed? I heard DT saying, if someone has immeasurable throwing speed, then he should be unlikely also be immeasurable speed.
oh my god what a pain it must be to achieve immeasurable speed on this wiki,how someone with higher dimensional existence is not immeasurable speed?

Q: Do higher-dimensional entities automatically get Immeasurable speed?​

A: No. To put it simply: Although the presence of the additional axis results in a higher-dimensional space being infinitely larger in comparision to a lower-dimensional one, the numerical values themselves remain unchanged, as a "dimension" is nothing more than a continuum of numbers representing a direction of space. Consequently, the euclidean distance between a Point A and a Point B is always represented by an one-dimensional path (Regardless of the dimension of the space in which they are embedded), whose length is always measurable and given by a generalization of the Pythagorean Theorem to n dimensions. That is:

Pythagoras.png
Or, in plain english: Subtracting each of the coordinates of the starting and ending points (Distance is always given by the absolute value, so whether the result is negative or not is irrelevant), squaring the results, summing them up, and then taking the square root of the resulting value.

So, for example, in two-dimensional space, the distance between the points (4,4) and (8,8) is calculated through the following formula:

d(4,8) = |√(4 – 8)² + (4 – 8)²|

d(4,8) = √4² + 4²

d(4,8) = √16 + 16

d(4,8) = √32

d(4,8) = √32 = 5.656854 ≈ 6

Then, to generalize this to higher dimensions, we only have to take into account the additional variables. For example, in 6-dimensional space, the distance between the coordinates (2,2,2,2,2,2) and (8,8,8,8,8,8) is:

d(2,8) = |√(2 – 8)² + (2 – 8)² + (2 – 8)² + (2 – 8) + (2 – 8)² + (2 – 8)²|

d(2,8) = √6² + 6² + 6² + 6² + 6² + 6²

d(2,8) = √36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36 + 36

d(2,8) = √216 = 14.6969384567 ≈ 15

Taking the "15" to be some arbitrary unit of distance, it is then perfectly possible to gauge a defined speed for a character who crosses it in a given length of time. For example, if 15 in this case is 15 meters, then a character who crosses this in a second would naturally be moving at 15 m/s

Similarly, moving in a higher-dimensional space also doesn't qualify as Immeasurable speed, and would be more appropriately rated as Interdimensional range

Of course, this formula doesn't always illustrate how the distance between two points works in real life, as the Earth has curvature and is obviously not a perfectly flat plane like Euclidean Space (At least non-locally), and the same applies to the universe at large. This is no issue, however, as there are plenty of metrics that can be applied to non-euclidean spaces: For example, the distance between two points on the surface of a sphere is given by a geodesic, as opposed to a straight line passing directly through the sphere's interior, whose length is itself given by its spherical distance.

They can qualify for Immeasurable Speed, however, if the regular dimension of time appears like a spatial dimension from their higher dimensional perspective. That is to say, that it can freely be traversed both forward and backwards, allowing them to access any point in it and move unbound by the notions of time inherent to the lower space. An example of this are the Bulk Beings from Interstellar.

It isn't, it's attack speed. But it should scale to other speeds, since he can perceive and react to the beams and fight at a comparable speed

Back