• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simon revisions (And I guess we also bring up High 1-C. Twice.)

DMUA said:
Then why are we applying the possible to the impossible?
If it doesn't obey science, we shouldn't apply science.
We aren't rolf. We are going by the internal logic of the show, which states that the multiversal labyrinth is either 10D or 11D, and by our Tiering System destroying such a thing is High 1-C.

But High 1-C is based on science, the notion that higher dimensions have infinitely more mass then lower dimensions.

The internal logic of the show doesn't follow this, so it's hardly applicable.

It's not. It's based on geometry. How can you be so sure the internal logic of the show follows this? When have we ever cared to see if every single series with dimensions says that each is infinitely larger than the bottom one?

We care about the consistent ratings of a character

Gurren Lagann contradicts it outright, so why should we apply it?

Why do we apply stuff to stuff that contradicts it?

Oh yeah

we don't in the slightest

The above example shows someone who was rated at High 1-C but was debunked based on the contradictions to it actually being a Dimensionality as we rate it

It doesn't contradict it outright rolf. It only scales to God Tiers, what's the big deal?

Bill Cipher has nothing to do with the thread and the so-called High 1-C beings were weaker than humans.

Is this about Bill downgrades now?

Just going by the arguments presented...

If the location is blatantly shown to not be infinitely larger than normal 3-D space, then it shouldn't qualify as higher dimensional by our standards. That seems like a fairly straightforward conclusion to draw.

I'm only going by what's been said in the thread so far. I haven't watched TTGL in over five years, so I don't remember enough specifics regarding higher dimensionality or whatever.

The simplest way to solve this would be for both sides to post evidence backing up their arguments and let everyone decide from there. This is going to continue going in circles otherwise, and I'm fairly positive none of us want that.

And if simon absorbed the multiversal labrinth there's no need for having Low 2-C as he did that before forming TTGL (but probably off topic)

I'm fine with them infinitely jumping. You can't really apply "outlier" or anything to it when they pull off massive jumps in power and abilities 24/7 in the show. Simon goes from a haxless 8-C to, even super lowballing it, a haxxed as mess 3-A. As for higher-D stuff I'll abstain from that aside from saying it shouldn't be ruled out because it's a Tier jump.

Yeah

Main thing was a misunderstanding on how dimensional tiering works

Either way as per the actual OP?

Go ahead kek

But first read the thread

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Azathoth accepted our old DT revisions that made Gan and the Crimson King High 1-B, and now look where we're at with that.
No, I'm not knocking the guy. He's probably the person I respect above every other regular I've consistently talked to on here. But his opinions aren't infallible, and "Azzy agreed with this way back when" isn't a good argument on its own, especially when he has admitted to being wrong about things and/or reviewing them too hastily in the past.
Hey **** you, man.

I'm not really going to comment on this thread right now, but I want to make it clear that this comment is very important. I and the other staff members are people. We change our minds and can be swayed by new evidence. We most certainly aren't infallible, and if someone agrees or disagrees with something I say, I'd like for them to have their own reasons as well as opposed to just "I'm going with/against what Azzy said".

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
I'm not really going to comment on this thread right now, but I want to make it clear that this comment is very important. I and the other staff members are people. We change our minds and can be swayed by new evidence. We most certainly aren't infallible. Unless it involves tier 3 Kirby. That will be wrong no matter what happens.
FTFY

Assaltwaffle said:
I'm fine with them infinitely jumping. You can't really apply "outlier" or anything to it when they pull off massive jumps in power and abilities 24/7 in the show. Simon goes from a haxless 8-C to, even super lowballing it, a haxxed as mess 3-A. As for higher-D stuff I'll abstain from that aside from saying it shouldn't be ruled out because it's a Tier jump.
This is my approach.

InfiniteBlack123 said:
It pretty much is. 11 D Simon wouldn't have let Nia disappear.

The ending pisses me off every single time i rewatch it.
He doesn't bring Nia back to life because that was the whole point of that arc. That would ruin the promise he made to the Anti-Spiral about not abusing his power like the spiral beings did in the past. He could have easily brought back Kittan and Kamina too, but again, it would be disturbing the dead and breaking the promise.

InfiniteBlack123 said:
It pretty much is. 11 D Simon wouldn't have let Nia disappear.
Firstly 4D Simon would still be fine saving her

Secondly you missed the entire point. He was explicitly stated that he could, but he doesn't want to.

I don't remember the specific reasons actually, I only remember what I myself took away from the scene

Keep on digging, never look back to the past. The dead are gone, and that's okay. You can move forward.

That kind of idea

Simon lost everyone who loved him. That's not okay. He had the power to take those who were lost before their time and he didn't? Because of a promise he made to demons who subjugated his race?

I...really need to finish Gurren Lagann...

I mean there's also the fact that abusing the spiral power would cause the universe to collapse inonitself so it's pretty important to not rely on it and just work through it with your own power

Kinda like the end of GT IE where Dragon Ball should have ended fite me

The real cal howard said:
Simon lost everyone who loved him. That's not okay. He had the power to take those who were lost before their time and he didn't? Because of a promise he made to demons who subjugated his race?
I...really need to finish Gurren Lagann...
He didn't do it because he didn't want to cause spiral nemesis from using spiral powers

Rossiu made literally one mistake in his life, felt so bad he wanted to kill himself, then Simon came through a portal in space time specifically to punch him in the face so he stopped being so depressed

DMUA said:
Rossiu made literally one mistake in his life, felt so bad he wanted to kill himself, then Simon came through a portal in space time specifically to punch him in the face so he stopped being so depressed
This sums it up. The scene mirrored how Kamina punched Simon before he died.

Back