• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I just checked and I don't think it could have been. Neither Simon, nor the mechs have been edited since this thread was made.

Can you link the edit where this was applied?

Can you link the edit where this was applied?

The rating was supposed to go to Simon

Ah got it, I've undone it now.

My bad for being so slow on the uptake.

Bluudy didn't remove it, I did. And I didn't re-add it to Simon's profile, since I pointed out a flaw with the reasoning, that no-one in the thread noticed earlier, and no-one has responded to it.

Solely based on the OP of this thread.

The first scan seems weirdly translated to pull a battleboarding interpretation out of nowhere. Specifically, for the line:

Which you translated as "Even when trapped in the cycle of cause and effect!"

But that's kinda strange; "輪廻" isn't just "cycle", it's exclusively a Buddhist term for samsara; the cycle of death and rebirth. And when you look at it from that context, "因果" wouldn't have the typical meaning of "cause and effect", it'd take on the meaning in a Buddhist context, of "karma/fate".

I see no reason to believe that, even if we did take such a statement seriously, that it would result in Acausality Type 5, since we have pretty strict standards for that, and just "Transcend cause and effect in a big multiverse" is nowhere near enough.

The supporting evidence means absolutely nothing.

The last scan's translation has some elementary mistakes. It says it's for episode 156 instead of episode 26 for crying out loud.

I'd like to analyse the rest, but the resolution makes some of it unreadable to someone of my skill level. But due to that elementary flaw, and the bad mistake in the first scan, I will not trust this one iota until it can be verified with a higher-quality scan or transcript.
tl;dr All scans had bad translations, so I don't trust them. But the one for Immeasurable speed is so low-quality I can't retranslate it myself.

Bluudy didn't remove it, I did. And I didn't re-add it to Simon's profile, since I pointed out a flaw with the reasoning, that no-one in the thread noticed earlier, and no-one has responded to it.
Was that disagreement for the Acausality type 5? I agreed with the no type 5 thing for that reasoning, the translation kinda sucks and it also isn’t enough for type 5 anyway
But the one for Immeasurable speed is so low-quality I can't retranslate it myself
Tbh, there is no need for the guidebooks for the Immeasurable attack speed thing. Here’s a clip from the anime where Simon uses his Spiral Energy to fire probability fluctuating bullets through the past and future.
I also wanna make another point about how Simon also used his Spiral Energy for lasers, and being able to run away and dodge Antispiral’s own lasers which also move at the same speeds, meaning his other speed stats should scale to his attack speed

【可能時空軸一斉射撃】
[必殺技/第26話] 超銀河グレンラ
ガンの「メガボルテックスキャノン」
や「メイルシュトローム砲」を確率
弾として発射する全砲門攻撃。
無量大数の敵を近過去から近未来に
かけて、あらゆる時空間 次元で撃
破する。

image.png

Was that disagreement for the Acausality type 5? I agreed with the no type 5 thing for that reasoning, the translation kinda sucks and it also isn’t enough for type 5 anyway
Yeah, but it makes me suspicious of other translations.
Being able to have attacks reach different points of time =/= immeasurable speed. It can be done through time travel/portals, and here it seems to be, since those lasers all seem to create holes in reality which they disappear into.

Being able to have attacks reach different points of time =/= immeasurable speed. It can be done through time travel/portals, and here it seems to be, since those lasers all seem to create holes in reality which they disappear into.
No, the bullets are literally travelling to the future and the past at their pure speed, and this is explained in the data books. there is no portal.

The data book statement with the translation you've provided doesn't say anything indicating that.

Also, the fact that both the show and the data book, with the translation shown, indicate that it can only travel into the near future/past implies against Immeasurable, imo. Something that can just go to the past/future through speed shouldn't have that sort of limitation, it could just keep traveling backwards/forwards in time, and arrive any time, no matter how far back/forward, instantly.

The data book statement with the translation you've provided doesn't say anything indicating that.
and 'Mailstrom Cannon' of the Gun as a probability all cannon attacks that fire as a probability projectile.
Also, the fact that both the show and the data book, with the translation shown, indicate that it can only travel into the near future/past implies against Immeasurable, imo. Something that can just go to the past/future through speed shouldn't have that sort of limitation, it could just keep traveling backwards/forwards in time, and arrive any time, no matter how far back/forward, instantly.
He doesn't say he has such a limitation. You are missing the rest of the argument.
A massive number of enemies can be killed from the near past to the near future.
from the near past to the near future, in all time and space dimensions.
The enemy is destroyed in all time and space dimensions
, from the near past to the near future.
Can any type of speed attack the near future and the near past? It does not only do this in a single dimension, but also in the infinite time dimensions of the universe. (I guess I don't need to tell you that the universe has infinite number space and time dimensions.)

and 'Mailstrom Cannon' of the Gun as a probability all cannon attacks that fire as a probability projectile.
I don't understand why you think that's implying that it's done through sheer speed.

"It's a projectile" does not mean "It can travel through time through sheer speed".
He doesn't say he has such a limitation. You are missing the rest of the argument.

Can any type of speed attack the near future and the near past? It does not only do this in a single dimension, but also in the infinite time dimensions of the universe. (I guess I don't need to tell you that the universe has infinite number space and time dimensions.)
This feels like you're debunking your own point as soon as you bring it up.

You're saying that "in all time and space dimensions" implies that it's covering the entirety of those dimensions, not just the parts nearby, but you then go on to say that "all time and space dimensions" is just referring to how the series has many dimensions.

It can be done through time travel/portals, and here it seems to be, since those lasers all seem to create holes in reality which they disappear into
That’s also what I want to explain; how it’s not a use of time travel.
First off, here’s a clip of an Ashtanga (the enemy that Simon and co. were fighting against) disappearing into the time axis. Not going to a different point in time, but retreating to the axis of time itself, as Lordgenome explains that they are shifting throughout the time “axis” and not just time.
In the clip I showed previously, which is Simon sending bullets throughout past and future, the portals have a red background, which is the same color as when the Ashtanga was retreating to time. It might also be portal creation, but you also have to account for the fact that the bullets, when entering the time axis, still have to travel the rest of the distance to actually hit the opponent.

You didn't link the Ashtanga clip in that post.

And yeah, I'd probably just argue that that's still portal creation, possibly with a wonky translation. idk why "Bullets need to travel the distance" would cause an issue with that.

You didn't link the Ashtanga clip in that post.
Sorry, I was editing the specific part I wanted to hyperlink and forgot. You can refresh, it’s there now

And yeah, I'd probably just argue that that's still portal creation, possibly with a wonky translation. idk why "Bullets need to travel the distance" would cause an issue with that
Yes, I didn’t deny the likeliness of it also being portal creation, but the point is that the bullet travelled to the time axis where that Ashtanga retreated to, and, while in the time axis, still needs to travel the distance to get to the opponent

Welp, since that clip has no audio, I'll have to download the episode myself to check that translation. That might take a bit.

Had a listen, and it uses "時間軸", while that can be used for "time axis" (say, the axis in a graph representing time), it can also be used for "timeline", both in a cosmological sense and a colloquial sense (i.e. "what's the timeline for this policy being implemented").

That doesn't sound like they're moving to some separate disjointed "time axis place" that the bullets would have to travel through to hit them. It just sounds like language for traveling through time. Attacking as they move through the timeline seems like it could be done with just ordinary time travel, not time travel through sheer speed.

You're trying to say it qualifies because the "time axis" must be something different from ordinary time, but I don't think that's implied.

Had a listen, and it uses "時間軸", while that can be used for "time axis" (say, the axis in a graph representing time), it can also be used for "timeline", both in a cosmological sense and a colloquial sense (i.e. "what's the timeline for this policy being implemented").

That doesn't sound like they're moving to some separate disjointed "time axis place" that the bullets would have to travel through to hit them
I have reason to believe that "time axis" can be used.
Using the cosmology blog, the Isolated Universe where Antispiral resides in is an 11-dimensional universe, via being stated to be an oscillating space-time between the dimensional membranes of the 10th and 11th dimensions, meaning it has 10 dimensions of space and one of time. The fact that time is considered its own dimension validates the term "time axis" in this series. As Antispiral's creation, it would be reasonable to say that Ashtanga can literally move through the very axis that Antispiral exists in and manipulates with his every whim

I just don't see why we'd take the interpretation of "Time is a separate dimension which these characters can travel through, without being in space at all", all because "It's a 10-D universe" and "They said a word that could mean 'time axis'".

That seems like a really huge stretch. Again, especially given the things which look like portals, and the seemingly local nature of that attack.

I just don't see why we'd take the interpretation of "Time is a separate dimension which these characters can travel through, without being in space at all", all because "It's a 10-D universe"
It is probably their visual interpretation. There are a lot of things in fiction that are visually inconsistent because sometimes the animators care more about making it visually pleasing, rather than make everything look 100% accurate.
and "They said a word that could mean 'time axis'".
Given the cosmology of this verse, time axis being the term is, more likely than not, right.
That seems like a really huge stretch
I just don't see how it is a "really huge stretch." There are a lot of huge stretches out there, but with the arguments provided, this qualifies as a huge stretch?

It should also be worth noting that timeline is a term that's often times used in stories about time travel, or history and whatnot, especially when timeline doesn't need anything to do with dimensions. TTGL is not any of those things, it's literally a shounen anime about crazy people doing crazy things which just so happens to talk a lot about dimensions. Using the term "axis" when talking about dimensions is a more appropriate term than "timeline."

Given the cosmology of this verse, time axis being the term is, more likely than not, right.
It should also be worth noting that timeline is a term that's often times used in stories about time travel, or history and whatnot, especially when timeline doesn't need anything to do with dimensions. TTGL is not any of those things, it's literally a shounen anime about crazy people doing crazy things which just so happens to talk a lot about dimensions. Using the term "axis" when talking about dimensions is a more appropriate term than "timeline."
Yeah, that's probably a cooler flowery term to use, but when we're trying to figure out what's literally going on, I think it's enlightening to tell that the meaning is probably more along the lines of "They'll attack us while moving through the timeline", which does not necessitate time travel through sheer speed, and does not imply that they'd only exist in time and have no corresponding location in space.
I just don't see how it is a "really huge stretch." There are a lot of huge stretches out there, but with the arguments provided, this qualifies as a huge stretch?
Welp, agree to disagree then.
No, what I mean is that it's more than just attacking the past and the future, it's doing it on all timelines.
Doesn't matter, that can still be achieved through dimensional travel.

Yeah, that's probably a cooler flowery term to use, but when we're trying to figure out what's literally going on, I think it's enlightening to tell that the meaning is probably more along the lines of "They'll attack us while moving through the timeline", which does not necessitate time travel through sheer speed, and does not imply that they'd only exist in time and have no corresponding location in space.
I’m not saying that it’s cooler, my reasoning isn’t as simple as that. It’s closer to time axis than timeline because of how much more appropriate the term time axis is than timeline because of how frequently they talk about dimensions, especially with how TTGL referred to dimensional axes beforehand. A different set of dimensional axes being the 10th and 11th dimensions that the Isolated Universe, as an oscillating “space-time,” exists between. There is no reason to downplay it to merely “timeline” just for the sake of trying to lowball the interpretation, there are context clues that you could use to very reasonably argue “time axis” because of how they’ve already talked about “dimensional axes”

Even if you say that the term has to be "time axis", that doesn't mean that "travelling through the time axis" implies "going into time and time alone and not being present in space at all". A claim like "He's at a different part of the time axis!" doesn't mean that such a being is completely absent from space.

I think going by "timeline" makes this more clear, but it's still true if you want to change the terminology.

I think it would be more appropriate to use “time axis,” because of this verse using dimensional axes and whatnot, timeline doesn’t seem very fitting.
Anyways, back to the topic, another point that I’d like to bring up on how it isn’t time travel hax, is that Ashtanga, while in “time,” occupies multiple points in time, and the Spiral radar when looking for this one Ashtanga, detects it as numerous enemies. Time travel isn’t a power that covers people that can exist in multiple points in time at once, time travel is simply the use of going from point A to point B on the time axis

Anyways, back to the topic, another point that I’d like to bring up on how it isn’t time travel hax, is that Ashtanga, while in “time,” occupies multiple points in time, and the Spiral radar when looking for this one Ashtanga, detects it as numerous enemies. Time travel isn’t a power that covers people that can exist in multiple points in time at once, time travel is simply the use of going from point A to point B on the time axis
Immeasurable speed also doesn't cover existing at multiple points in time (at least, it doesn't grant that any more than being immobile would). It seems like there's additional powers at play regardless.
You have no evidence to say it went through the portal
The visuals sure look like that, plus portals aren't necessary, people can teleport to other dimensions, other periods of time, etc.

Existing at multiple points in time is either temporal omnipresent/multi-location or Acausality type 3. There are case that grant Immeasurable speed similar to this such as Solaris from Sonic, but that is because there is combat in play

Immeasurable speed also doesn't cover existing at multiple points in time (at least, it doesn't grant that any more than being immobile would). It seems like there's additional powers at play regardless.
I guess you can count it as High Complex Multiversal Range in the Time Axis, but the fact that they’re able to attack their enemies while shifting throughout the time axis should be enough to count it. Like Viet said, some cases are granted Immeasurable because there’s also combat involved, and that it isn’t just simply moving to point A to point B on the time axis (if I’m understanding it correctly)

I guess you can count it as High Complex Multiversal Range in the Time Axis, but the fact that they’re able to attack their enemies while shifting throughout the time axis should be enough to count it. Like Viet said, some cases are granted Immeasurable because there’s also combat involved, and that it isn’t just simply moving to point A to point B on the time axis (if I’m understanding it correctly)
I don't see why it should. It doesn't require or imply being able to time travel through sheer speed.

idk enough about other cases. Maybe they're wrong too, maybe they have far better context.

I don't see why it should. It doesn't require or imply being able to time travel through sheer speed.
Then what should moving through time while simultaneously attacking an enemy be counted as? Time travel is as simple as going from point a to point b in time, but being able to act and react while shifting through time shouldn’t be considered hax, because then the downplay gets to a ridiculous point when you say it requires hax to move your arms or legs in a different dimensional axis

Back