• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The_Calaca

VS Battles
Retired
During the battle in Titan, the team had to incapacitate Thanos to take the Gauntlet for him. In order to do that, they teamed up to restrict almost every part of his body to weaken him and grab the Gauntlet.

Mantis jumped over his shoulders and tried to put him to sleep and/or affect his mind to weaken him, but she stated that he was strong and he was clearly resisting the effects as she was unable to put him down giving Quill the opportunity to be a ******* idiot.

I think Resistance to Sleep Inducement and/or Empathic Manipulation should be added to Base Thanos, as he wasn't using any Gem to perform the defense.

He also should get resistance to radiation, considering he managed to endure better the Gamma energy from the stones after snaping, something that Hulk (A person whose origin from absorbing Gamma rays) was overwhelmed.

Btw, shouldn't the snap be considered existence erasure instead of descontruction?

But why would that specifically descontruction? IICR is stated that he would erase half the life in the universe several times.

Oh so is now poetic, considering that the IG is capable of manipulating matter, minds, souls, energy, reality, space and time, is not far fetche to asssume that is able to erase existance, and multiple character make the statement. Not like the random thing that you threw up.

Them being "erased from existence" contradicts both what we see happen (they turn to dust) and what Thanos himself describes ("Gone. Reduced to atoms." "I will shred this universe down to its last atom.")

And you believe that through fiction, all EE powers look the same? Dust is just a effect. The same that in the original comic, the character flashed in light when erased.

In the comic, no one turned to dust. They just disappeared. That's pretty blatant EE.

They turned to dust. They didn't disappear, they turned into dust. I'm going off of what we are blatantly shown. Besides, if he could EE, why didn't he do that to the stones? Why didn't he try and do that to the universe? Why did he only "reduce them to atoms"?

No, they flashed in light after dissapearing, they didn't just "poof" with no trace.

"They turn into dust" matters not. Characters can erase beings by freezing them, other by burning them, because we don't go by what is shown, but what is stated and the mechanics of the abilities.

This two others have nothing to do, as it's him destroying something.

Thats not the same though? There are no remains of whatever part was caught in the EE, hence the existence erasure. Dust is remains.

There was still nothing left when they were gone.

Only the erasing is contradicted both by what is shown and by what is stated. Thanos says "reduced to atoms" and we see them turn to dust.

But why? If he could EE, why didn't he? Why leave anything behind? Also, destroying the universe pretty explicitly kills everyone in it. His intent both times is to kill people, why would he use a different method? It seems out of character for Thanos to not go all the way if he could.

Anonymous@ Every instance of atomization would be EE, seeing there is practically no way of knowing if the target ever existed going by showings. Also explain my two other examples.

Wright@ Thanos destroyed the stones so no one could use them, down to the atoms is more than enough, as is impossible to restore something from that scale.

With the universe he had complete different line of though, no more save life, just want to destroy anything.

No it isnt. It is atomization. I am not even going to bother responding after this if you are essentially calling some shitty ice manip AZ.

Thanos' death manip should be removed. The 2 resistances here are good.

Ano@ Ah no, the dude's ice is imbued with his void hax, hence he can erase stuff with that.

I will stop derailing.

@Efi what do you think about resistance to radiation for resisting the IG's effects better than Hulk?

@New

I wasn't referring to your previous example, I was making an analogy of your equating EE to atomization like AZ to ice manip. The end result is both are frozen (destroyed to such an extent that they cannot normally be seen) but one is on a completely different level than the other.

Anon@ Then bring me a case of something being EE from pure showings, and that is not mistaken for atomization.

I will mess around for a while.

I can't because there is none to my knowledge. EE has always been granted by a statement saying something is EE. Short of someone with high regen not coming back from an attack, I can't think of anything rn but even that would be regen neg before a level of EE.

Isn't it a Limited Resistance though, given he was still very much dazed by its effects

Yes, but like, Thanos isn't fully resisting it however, the Sleep Manip is definitely affecting him, but he's able to remain somewhat conscious despite that, same goes for Empathic Manipulation, where he's still crying, but he isn't a broken mess. It is a Limited Resistance to both, isn't it? Not a full on resist where he won't be affected by Mantis' hax at all.

Unless we were to assume Mantis' hax aren't that potent, but even that's somewhat iffy to assume.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
That came from the soul stone and how it was stated he can control life and death
I think that should stay
When a character doesn't make use of all the abilities they scales to have via something I only write them the powers they used and then a "Access to all the powers X has (Only demonstrated using the ones listed before)" at the end of their P&A. The same should be the case for MCU Thanos, and I predict this being a rule or strong recommendation in the future.

That's good, we link Thanos in Hulk's profile when talking about the gauntlet.

Back