• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvel_Champion_07

VS Battles
Retired
I recall a justification about Bruce Banner attempting to transform into Hulk to fight Cull Obsidian when the Hulkbuster 2.0 was losing, but I'm not certain how usable that one is

Extras:

Last edited:
I agree with the Abilities.

I recall a justification about Bruce Banner attempting to transform into Hulk to fight Cull Obsidian when the Hulkbuster 2.0 was losing, but I'm not certain how usable that one is
A possible upgrade?

I still think it's iffy to scale when:

1. Thanos got jumped was off guard
2. Thanos had no visible injuries whatsoever during the beat down
3. I don't think Thanos was even taking Hulk seriously as shown by how casual he was, with the squid ward face guy who's name I forgot saying "Let him have his fun"

I wasn't arguing about Hulk harming Thanos
how casual he was
I don't see what was so casual about the fight

I know a statement by the Russos where Thanos takes a more casual approach in the film, but that was in reference to him taking off his armour and ditching his warlord self by going on a spiritual journey to collect the rest of the Stones
with the squid ward face guy who's name I forgot saying "Let him have his fun"
I can see where you're coming from, but Maw's sentence is a bit vague and I don't think it means Thanos was holding back so much he doesn't immediately one-shot Hulk, especially when it's suggested that he wasn't doing that yet

Either way, there's one or two other justifications for the scaling besides just Thanos
A possible upgrade?
Downscaling from Thanos and Post-Awakening. Maybe comparable scaling to Cull Obsidian

I wasn't arguing about Hulk harming Thanos

I don't see what was so casual about the fight

I know a statement by the Russos where Thanos takes a more casual approach in the film, but that was in reference to him taking off his armour and ditching his warlord self by going on a spiritual journey to collect the rest of the Stones

I can see where you're coming from, but Maw's sentence is a bit vague and I don't think it means Thanos was holding back so much he doesn't immediately one-shot Hulk, especially when it's suggested that he wasn't doing that yet

Either way, there's one or two other justifications for the scaling besides just Thanos

Downscaling from Thanos and Post-Awakening. Maybe comparable scaling to Cull Obsidian
Hulk doesn’t downscale from thanos tho

hulk is above cull

Hmm, seems a tad bit iffy. Isn’t there some statement of hulk and Thanos being physically comparable but Thanos just being more skilled
Yeah but the Russo who made that statement contradicts themselves they flat made a statement in a interview saying thanos was stronger

And it doesn’t even make sense thanos is slightly above endgame awakened Thor Ragnarok awakened Thor already clowns hulk

Hmm, seems a tad bit iffy. Isn’t there some statement of hulk and Thanos being physically comparable but Thanos just being more skilled
There is one where the Russos say Thanos is equally as strong, but they also made several others that Thanos is stronger than Hulk.

My main point is that Hulk ultimately downscales from Thanos/Post-Awakening Thor, but isn't several tiers weaker

Hulk absolutely doesn’t downscale like it’s not even close he’s literally many many times stronger thanos could overpower endgame Thor and hold off awakened endgame Thor with 1 arm

The abilities seems fine but I don't think he should get tier equal to thor or Thanos since they were litrally destroying him without him being able to land a single hit back so ya it should be possibly or tier below them

That could work if Thanos'/Post-Awakening Thor's tier value was baseline. Which it isn't

Rag Hulk can endure punches to the head from Awakened Thor without visual injuries, and can get back up initially dazed then ready for another go at Thor. Awakened Thor would could accidentally knock out Tony, but not damage his armor.

Fenris only damages Rag Hulk via Piercing Damage (Fangs biting down hard on Hulk's leg) though Hulk doesn't seem to be harmed when Fenris bit down on his arm and ragdolled him off the rainbow bridge.

Whereas with Thanos, Thanos could both daze and draw blood from Hulk with direct hits to Hulk's face and ultimate knock him out with multiple strikes. Thanos who could easily damage Tony's armor with any of his strikes.

As for Cull, EM's statement to Cull, about letting Thanos have his fun, could also be taken as EM's confidence that Cull could contend with or possibly take down Rag Hulk were he to interfere. Cull could contend with and overpower Tony.

Last edited:
Why can’t we scale Hulk at his angriest in Age of Ultron to the Hulkbuster which fought with Cull? Are they not the same model according to a random unknown source out there?

Closest thing I can think of is that Bruce Banner implies it's the same one that fought Hulk, but the new IW armour is officially referred to as Hulkbuster 2.0

Even if it was the original Hulkbuster, it evidently looks like it was heavily upgraded/modified by Banner in Wakanda, though it has no Vibranium it seems cause Wakanda's stingy to non-Wakandans except Bucky in regards to "Vibe Metal"

It would be like trying to scale the Mark II IM suit to the Mark I WM suit since in its essence it's the same suit, just heavily upgraded and modified.

As for Cull, EM's statement to Cull, about letting Thanos have his fun, could also be taken as EM's confidence that Cull could contend with or possibly take down Rag Hulk were he to interfere. Cull could contend with and overpower Tony.
Or it can also be Cull was afraid that Thanos might be defeated

We can go with an At least The Tier Marvelchamp is proposing" (Briefly fought with Post Awakened Thor. Fought Thanos that Cull wanted to interfere but Hulk was defeated easily when Thanos got serious)

I agree. I always found it strange how Stark is rated above Hulk in durability when Thanos was at times ripping/knocking pieces of the armor off with his bare hands.

It is very strange.

The Hulk was able to fight a non-awakened Thor on equal terms, and then lost to him at some point, defeating him only out of surprise. And then he lost in a one-shot to awakened Thor.

Thanos scales higher than awakened Thor, it would be strange to scale Ragnarok Hulk much higher than an unawakened Thor.

I still think it's iffy to scale when:

1. Thanos got jumped was off guard
3. I don't think Thanos was even taking Hulk seriously as shown by how casual he was, with the squid ward face guy who's name I forgot saying "Let him have his fun"
Agreed, the entire scene is the Russos establishing Thanos is unmatched in raw strength, it’s not basis for Hulk scaling

There is one where the Russos say Thanos is equally as strong, but they also made several others that Thanos is stronger than Hulk.

My main point is that Hulk ultimately downscales from Thanos/Post-Awakening Thor, but isn't several tiers weaker
Agreed, the entire scene is the Russos establishing Thanos is unmatched in raw strength, it’s not basis for Hulk scaling
I agree that Hulk doesn't compare to Thanos or Awakened Thor in strength but it seems based on their statements that the Russos intended for him to be comparable in some way to Post-Awakening characters at least. Maybe we could upgrade his durability to "High 6-A" and have his AP be "At least 6-B, possibly High 6-A"? This would be the best possible outcome Hulk can get out of this CRT though because even after rewatching his fight with Pre-Awakened Thor in Ragnarok it's pretty clear-cut how even they are.

Last edited:
No
  1. Hulk got up from the first attack ready to keep fighting
  2. Hulk was visibly dazed from the second attack but recovered not too long afterwards
Yes, but unlike previous times it was difficult for him to stand on his feet. In addition, we also have scaling through the rainbow bridge. Ten hits from 2011 Thor and one hit from 2018 Thor, which destroyed the bridge volume as an entire building.

Not from the first attack. And I'm proposing downscaling from them

Already been argued and addressed numerous times in the past
Didn't know about this.

I don't know how controversial this is for me, because even if there was a little resistance, then Thanos easily won. It seems to me that these kinds of scenes are created simply to show the huge difference in power, without any thought about downscaling.

I’m still effy on the downscaling for thanos, but the screenwriters in infinity war did say hulk was the strongest dude until thanos took the title

(10:20)
Plus it kind of lines up with how Loki thought hulk could beat thanos initially so he should atleast be able to upscale from awakened Thor

I’m still effy on the downscaling for thanos, but the screenwriters in infinity war did say hulk was the strongest dude until thanos took the title

(10:20)
Plus it kind of lines up with how Loki thought hulk could beat thanos initially so he should atleast be able to upscale from awakened Thor

Hulk can’t upscale from awakened Thor lol he literally got clowned on to the point that the millions of year old grand master thought it was such a stomp he had cheat

That’s definitely not the case cull is an ant compared to thanos there is a reason why the entire Black order worships thanos bruh
1) am talking about Thor
2) Cull is far weaker than Thanos everyone one knows that.

What am saying is

We can go with an At least The Tier Marvelchamp is proposing" (Briefly fought with Post Awakened Thor. Fought Thanos that Cull wanted to interfere but Hulk was defeated easily when Thanos got serious)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back