• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning the legitimacy of High 6-A Devil May Cry

We have already had a massive, several hundred post long thread explaining in great detail why Kamiya's Word of God cannot be taken as lwgitimate. A single paragraph that can be summarized as 'no that's wrong it can be used because hes the creator' is not going to change this.

A one/two word statement on Twitter is vastly different than putting information in a databook. He can say one thing at any given moment on a whim. The WoG does NOT cement it as it comes from Kamiya on Twitter, and he is KNOWN to mess with VsDebaters. This did not come from some novel or databook, it's unreliable.

CinCameron20 said:
This did not come from some novel or databook, it's unreliable.
I agree with not taking Kamiya's statement as legit info... But does that rule apply to everything? Posts about power scalling from Cory Balrog cant be taken as granted as well?

@Meshifuari - If it comes from the sense that he goes into explaining it, then it holds at least some weight.

Kamiya literally throws one/two word responses on Twitter. Did I mention this is on TWITTER? We're taking WoG... from a Twitter post containing ONE word.

Why does everyone assume that bolding and caps on singular words assumes i'm yelling? Smh. It's called emphasis. (K done derailing).

I'm making a blog for a couple methods on the Qlipthoth tree feat.

@CinCameron20

I could totally get that he couldn've said it on a whim, but he said it 3 times on 3 different days with one being 4 months after the initial statement and then he kept sending people back to the original tweet.Also the initial questions didn't have anything to do with VSdebating, he's the one that said universe.

I don't get why people are so obssessed with the tweet, that's like the least important thing in the feat.

DMC2 novel is canon to the series itself and nothing disproves this fact. There are many feats in that novel that would put many God tires in the verse above universal.

Lol, I'm pretty certain the beastheads only have a feat that could be interpreted as tier 6 AS EASILY as it could be suggested anything cosmic level.

As for the Void Mundus feat... I need to read the entire fight to comprehend this supposed "High 3-A" feat (If someone would be so kind as to cite it), but then again, that's a massive outlier.

CinCameron20 said:
Lol, I'm pretty certain the beastheads only have a feat that could be interpreted as tier 6 AS EASILY as it could be suggested anything cosmic level.

As for the Void Mundus feat... I need to read the entire fight to comprehend this supposed "High 3-A" feat (If someone would be so kind as to cite it), but then again, that's a massive outlier.
The High 3-A feat was misinterpreted. The feat came from claims that in the DMC2 novel the fight between Void Mundus and Dante "shook the underworld" and the DMC3 Manga stating that the underworld is infinite. Shaking an infinite space = High 3-A. However, I've already discussed that feat, looking through the novel myself and it does not actually claim that anywhere in the fight with Void Mundus. It's likely one person misremembered the scene, talked about it, and it spread like wildfire. There is still an interesting feat from Void Mundus that would almost certainly be beyond High 6-A, but the exact tiering is difficult to determine and it'd take a long time to explain. I'm leaving it for my CRT.

As of Devil May Cry 5 the second novel is indeed canon. The Beastheads have a Tier 6 feat in "shaking the world" and Dante in his fight with Void Mundus does shake the entire void and eventually destroys it. That is undeniable.

... The problem is, we don't know how big this "void" is. People saying it is High 3-A or Low 2-C or whatever are merely going by standard preconceptions of what a void would be based on other series.

I agree with Matthew here. Although I'm almost certain that the void feat would be a far greater feat than the world feat, the scale is so far too vague to say for sure. At best, in my mind I would slap a "Low 6-B, Possibly far higher" tier on there, and even then I think that's pushing it with the info we have.

I'm actually going to go reread the Void Mundus battle in the DMC2 novel when I have the time. I haven't seen anything that indicates scale yet, but I haven't exactly looked too hard for that specifically either. I'll get back to you if I find anything.

Matthew Schroeder said:
As of Devil May Cry 5 the second novel is indeed canon. The Beastheads have a Tier 6 feat in "shaking the world" and Dante in his fight with Void Mundus does shake the entire void and eventually destroys it. That is undeniable.

... The problem is, we don't know how big this "void" is. People saying it is High 3-A or Low 2-C or whatever are merely going by standard preconceptions of what a void would be based on other series.
https://imgur.com/a/mBxI08U

Beastheads could reshape the reality whoever wields it as we know chen absorbed the power of beastheads. As also stated that beastheads represents past, present and future.

Beastheads could reshape the reality whoever wields it as we know chen absorbed the power of beastheads. As also stated that beastheads represents past, present and future.

Could you specify how this affects the tiering of the feat? Are you saying that the Beastheads representing past, present and future means the void is a timeline? I'm a bit confused.

I read the Volume 2 Novel.

Whoever said Mundus and Dante shook the universe/demon world blatantly lied. Nothing was indicating this AT ALL.

Whoever said the Beastheads "shook the world" may have misinterpreted it, but there's literally ONE line that implies it as a possibility, but I seriously doubt this as a "feat" now.

"High 3-A" feat = nonexistent. Carry on.

"Low 6-B" feat = Vague af, possibly didn't even shake the planet.

@DarkGrath - The Beastheads seem to have a power that sends people through time, or at worst put them in a dream-like state that lets them see the past/present/future. Here's the case w/ Beryl. That's literally all there is to their power. Time-manipulation and possibly reality warping are all that can be argued. Not some ridiculous 2-C argument.

In fact, this debunks "time manip/reality warping" as Dante clearly notes that Beryl was still there, and having a nightmare. Beastheads use sleep/dream manipulation. Lmao.

On the topic of Beastheads shook the world thing, it's pretty blatent and can't be misinterpreted and their are multiple statements implying the world ending thanks to the Beastheads, take that as you will.(Will try to provide scans later)

Agree on high 3-a feat being nonexistent and kept telling people that but very little listen.

The Beastheads actually do have reality warping powers and it is displayed multiple times in the novel.The Beastheads works off it's users danger so the more danger the user is in the better it works and this is displayed when the Beastheads warped reality to give Ducas wings when he jumped out of building when running from Dante and Beryl and when the Beastheads brought Ducas's Yacht back to shore from it being stranded at sea by Chen.(Will try to provide scans later)The feat you used to try to debunk it wasn't a sleep or dream manipulation feat for the Beastheads, it was just a nightmare recounting the events of Beryl's father becoming a host to the Beastheads.

CinCameron20 said:

Whoever said Mundus and Dante shook the universe/demon world blatantly lied. Nothing was indicating this AT ALL.

Whoever said the Beastheads "shook the world" may have misinterpreted it, but there's literally ONE line that implies it as a possibility, but I seriously doubt this as a "feat" now.

@DarkGrath - The Beastheads seem to have a power that sends people through time, or at worst put them in a dream-like state that lets them see the past/present/future. Here's the case w/ Beryl. That's literally all there is to their power. Time-manipulation and possibly reality warping are all that can be argued. Not some ridiculous 2-C argument.

In fact, this debunks "time manip/reality warping" as Dante clearly notes that Beryl was still there, and having a nightmare. Beastheads use sleep/dream manipulation. Lmao.
Yeah, I pretty much agree with you on most of that. I want to be clear, I'm not defending that as a 2-C feat, not at all. I was just wondering what the other person meant when they replied with the whole "past, present and future" thing, since it seemed inconsequential to the argument as a whole and I was attempting to interpret it. Again, let me be clear; I do not agree with 2-C Void Mundus. I'm not saying it's impossible, what I'm saying is that there is not nearly enough evidence that doesn't require baseless assumptions.

EDIT: Also, just a couple more things. The High 3-A feat is obviously non-existent, but I doubt someone outright lied about it when it's so easy to disprove. Someone probably just quoted the world shaking feat and misinterpreted/misremembered it. Also, as Dienomite said, the Beastheads do have confirmed reality warping feats. I agree that while saying "the World shook" could be referring to the human world, which is the size of a universe (I saw the human world be referred to as a universe in itself in a picture of the developer written manuals, I'll have to find it again if I can) it is far more likely it is just referring to the planet they are on, so yeah, probably a Low 6-B feat.

The Low 6-B comes from literally assuming the entire world shakes at Magnitude 4 quakes.

Until I see a full description of what the Beastheads are capable of, Magnitude 3 quakes are also justifiable, which would result in 6-C (Assuming they caused quakes spreading across the entire planet)

CinCameron20 said:
The Low 6-B comes from literally assuming the entire world shakes at Magnitude 4 quakes.
Well... no, not really. It explicitly states that the world shook. It may have been said in just one sentence, but that does not invalidate it whatsoever. They have no reason to restate it multiple times. The only assumption being made here is that the novel was being honest when it said that the world shook. It doesn't have any reason to be dishonest or hyperbolic here, so that's far less of an assumption than saying that the feat is incorrect. I stand by that being a Low 6-B feat.

Could you specify how this affects the tiering of the feat? Are you saying that the Beastheads representing past, present and future means the void is a timeline? I'm a bit confused.

It represents the tiering FOR them as higher than just universal. Void mundus feat dont even matter when beastheads are inferior to mundus. Not only that beastheads is basically cerberys based off dantes explanation on their looks.

CinCameron20 said:

You're forgetting the fact that these beastheads themselves represents past, present and future. Those each head can see all the events happening simultaneously. Are we going to forget that beastheads could reshape reality as it is backed up on how they are represented in the volume? You're knowledge is minuscule. Them shaking the world is nothing but their with mere presence as they could do so much in a far higher level capable of.

What they are represent of IS ALREADY in the tier 3-A atleast

BlackDarkness679 said:
Didnt it said in the novel Dante clash with Void Mundus send waves or something across where the two were fighting?
That's what I'm looking for. I'll reread that part of the novel and get back to you when I can.

You're forgetting the fact that these beastheads themselves represents past, present and future. Those each head can see all the events happening simultaneously. Are we going to forget that beastheads could reshape reality as it is backed up on how they are represented in the volume? You're knowledge is minuscule. Them shaking the world is nothing but their with mere presence as they could do so much in a far higher level capable of.

What they are represent of IS ALREADY in the tier 3-A atleast

While I do agree that calling the Beastheads Low 6-B is a massive understatement, and I'd even go so far as to say I genuinely believe in 3-A Beastheads, your evidence is admittedly somewhat weak. At best, I think the Beastheads from what we see should be considered "At least Low 6-B, likely far higher"

EDIT: Also, I really, really doubt that the Beastheads feat is one which all God Tier characters should be scaled to. An incredibly casual feat performed by a character weaker than Mundus is just laughable compared to the feats they should be able to pull off. As I've mentioned plenty of times before, I'm making a CRT with feats that would put God Tiers at around 4-C to 4-A.

Stop quoting large blocks of texts.

And the beastheads may represent past/present/future and capable of "reshaping reality", but they have only done so on such small scale (giving a character wings and fixing a boat) and nothing that would imply them being capable of reshaping ALL of reality. Prove otherwise.

Just as hyperbolic to assume they can affect the entire universe like saying Beowulf can create supernovas. Are we gonna literally make Beowulf High 4-C from such a ridiculously unsupported statement?

@DarkGrath - There's literally no tier 4 feat that is even being brought up (at least showing a scan of. Just prnt/screen and post a screenshot of the text that shows otherwise), so why are we discussing "top tiers being 4-C to 4-A"?

What are the conclusions here?

@Ant - The High 6-A calc discussed is actually 7-A, so characters would be downgraded to 7-A.

DMC5 tiers still need to be discussed (Possible 6-C to High 6-C upgrade).

DMC Vol 2 Novel feats also need to be discussed (apparent "Low 6-B" feat from shaking the world, but I've yet to see anything solid on it).

CinCameron20

I don't think you have actually read the novel or you only skimmed through it, you claimed that the Beastheads have no reality warping feats but that was obviously wrong if you have read it, you claimed the Beastheads were using some sort of dream manipulation or sleep manipulation even though if you read the scene that is not what is happening at all, now you claimed that the Beastheads "fixed a boat" which is not what I meant when I said the Beastheads"brought a Yacht to shore from being stranded by Chen" and obviously incorrect.The feat is the Beastheads warping the boat back to shore and creating a storm that wrapped around the boat.Who ever said the Beastheads can reshape all of reality can argue with you about that.

Back