• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning the legitimacy of High 6-A Devil May Cry

Real talk, sorry about that. It's not that I'm misinterpreting it, it's just that I suck at trying to explain my point. I'm currently discussing like 5 different threads on top of loads of work. Sorry if I'm making a mess out of things atm.

But you're right, i mostly skimmed through the novel, but I paid most attention to the Mundus fight as the "High 3-A" talk is what was important to me to disprove.

Point is, shaking the world, I would like to see scans of the entire description of the Beastheads shaking the world (Point is that no one has even linked a screen-cap of the exact page where this happens, hence why i'm in denial about this), and I'd like to know where the "4-C/4-A" talk is coming from (From DarkGrath), cus clearly nothing implies this from this novel or the guidebooks outside of hyperbole (Beowulf supposedly having a High 4-C feat and Nightmare having a 4-C feat is ridiculous).

Statements can be used for tiers my dude, are you in 2016 VBW?

Also the statement is super clear cut. So Low 6-B for a bunch of people seems fine.

@Matt - Don't start this after blatantly accusing me of being biased because I was in disagreement. Either way, I'm done. No need to drag it out.

@Die - In regards to the shaking to the world, with the scans provided, The only thing that gives such an implication is what I pointed out before hand with the "world shook" sentence. Other than that, they mentioned the weather and atmosphere becoming more chaotic and waves crashing against the cliff, and the cliff crumbling.

I only bring this up because someone else made a large amount of statements like "everyone around the world stopping what they are doing" or something to that effect. Clearly not the case, at least with these pages.

Whatever the case, I'm neutral for now.

@CinCameron20

"The world shook" statement doesn't really need an explanation on what it was implying.The "world" in the case couldn't mean the population of Earth being "shook" or terrified of the Beastheads being born because this whole event was unknown.The only thing we know is that the Beastheads was enough of a threat that Dante and the narrator alludes to it causing the end of the world so "the world shook" statement seems to be completely literal and valid.But I don't think I remember "everyone around the world stopping what they are doing" ever happening but I'll check it out tomorrow.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I see no reason to dismiss such many feats as "hyperbole" and "vague" or "metaphor". Seems to me Cin is just a bit biased.
After Cin started to calm down and this? Really?

Let's all stay on topic and stop discussing each other please.

@Dienomite page 86 is missing from your scans

Also page 87 says that Mundus power dominated a planet on the verge of transforming to another demon realm, did they meant there by conquering it or by his own power there?

@BlackDarkness679

Page 86 isn't there because it's only talking about how scared Beryl is and how she feels useless, I can post it if you want but there really is no need.

Mundus power dominated a planet on the verge of transforming to another demon world was through conquering based off his goals within the games.

No need then,just wanted to know why it wasnt posted

Im starting to lose any hope for devil may cry getting any upgrades besides the world shaking feat,the creators of any series in general care more about stuff looking flashy and visually appealing then giving the characters better feats then what we seen so far at this point,they dont care about tiers like debaters do

Never said it is wrong,but some people expect too much from a sequel to any series,i also seen here things like "lets wait for x,they will have good feats" , "we will get better feats from y for sure",the expectations are too high,especially with dmc,when a sequel was announced everyone expected tiers 5 or 4 feats,yet compared to previous games it had nothing new besides a few things

Then you could say that to others franchise.

Man, seeing you lost in hope babling me tbh, like this one is not depressing to like....Nasu 7-A AP, and yet i'm still in hope, if they got downgraded then sure, this is fiction after all so why must be upset.

Im not upset,just irritated when people think that greater feats will arise with a sequel to something,a few get them and even then not by much,expecting for dmc in this case to show something over the top feat wise are unlikely,better to check the old ones for feats that might have been overlooked

BlackDarkness679 said:
No need then,just wanted to know why it wasnt posted

Im starting to lose any hope for devil may cry getting any upgrades besides the world shaking feat,the creators of any series in general care more about stuff looking flashy and visually appealing then giving the characters better feats then what we seen so far at this point,they dont care about tiers like debaters do
Not necessarily. I hate to keep bringing it up, since it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but I do have a CRT I've been working on for a while with many feats in the 4-C to 4-A range.

Dante SDT vs Urizen leur combat n'a pas endommagé le sol ou le mur

Urizen semble plus faible qu'Abigail et Mundus in the story he is stronger

I heard that you are doing a CRT for that dark,but besides mundus creation feat and nightmare dimension(not sure if that shinny thing behind the vortex is a sun) i wonder where else you found feats on that caliber,it would be neat though

BlackDarkness679 said:
I heard that you are doing a CRT for that dark,but besides mundus creation feat and nightmare dimension(not sure if that shinny thing behind the vortex is a sun) i wonder where else you found feats on that caliber,it would be neat though
Yeah, I do have a couple of other things to mention as well within that calibre. I still think that the two feats alone I've already mentioned are pretty good, but alone they would probably be considered outliers. I have more feats to mention to show that the Devil May Cry verse has consistently shown feats within that range.

The Low 6-B feat is not meant to be taken literally at all and it's disappointing that we'd actually try to make that a feat, considering how the surrounding context paints the scene. The literal very next paragraph goes on about how nothing was actually happening and that everything was quiet and monotonous, with Dante making a joke about how he didn't think the end of the world was going to be that eventless.

To make things worse, the general context is that the laws of physics of the Human World were becoming unstable because of the Beastheads, since they were born from a dimension completely opposite to ours. So it's not even a physical shaking being exaggerated, it's literally a metaphorical way of saying that the Beastheads don't abide by this world's physics.

Which is Passive Reality Warping for the Beastheads, but nothing remotely worthy of tier 6, 7, 8 or anything. It's not even a quake.

No. The context is literally that the Beastheads make traditional physics become distorted, to the point where it metaphorically seems as if "nature is afraid of them."

It isn't a physical quake, anyone who bothers reading the actual scan where Dante himself refutes it will realize this. It's not anything remotely quantifiable in AP terms. No Low 6-B, no High 6-C, no tier 8 from this feat.

The novel states that "demonic tremors" were happening, twice

The Beastheads can affect some laws and shake everything, you are just connecting events that happened at the same time

No. The only mention of the word "tremor" in the whole novel is near the prologue, literally several dozen pages apart.

Tremors 1
Tremors 2
That's two

You are literally connecting "shaking the world" to the Beastheads affecting laws, the novel states that they have Reality Warping powers and they are showcased during the story and without tremors in different situations, so that's two different things

They were shaking the world AND affecting laws

Self-debunking passage is self-debunking.

The very next paragraph, which you omitted, talks about how those "unnatural tremors" only affect a singular building, and, I quote, "the rest of the city remained still". Barely tier 8 quake that isn't even city-wide in scale.

So no. Low 6-B remains a completely unjustified rating.

Not to mention - trying to equate two things mentioned 80 pages apart is desperate at best, shady at worst.

The tremors were generated by demonic power, this doesn't mean they don't are similar to real ones

If that's the case, storms created by demons aren't Low 7-B, Cerberus Ice freezing Temen-Ni-Gru entrance isn't 8-B because it's demonic ice

Then DMC has no feats, since it's all by demonic power

And off course the city remained still, Magnitude 3/4 tremors doesn't destroy them, they are for superficial damage if I'm not mistaken

And, once again, the world didn't shake. This is undeniable when the passage itself mentions how literally nothing is happening. The fact that we're somehow buying this three-word statement with no elaboration and no context, with the same scene clarifying that nothing has actually shook and everything is 100% silent, is...yikes.

Back