• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon General Discussion Thread Gen VII: Lusamine is greatest villain

Pretty sure the trainer just prevents you from catching them.

Also it's possible that they're just immune to Pokéballs specifically.

I remember an episode in Gen 4 where Ash´s Pikachu got lost, Dawn finds it (before they even meeted), thinks it´s a rare Pokémon in Sinnoh and so tries to catch it, but the Poké Ball fails, so she notices it must already belong to someone.

In Pokemon Origins, there is a barrier that stopped Red from catching a Nidoran, but yeah, they problaby are only immunte to Pokeballs

Bobsican said:
I remember an episode in Gen 4 where Ash´s Pikachu got lost, Dawn finds it (before they even meeted), thinks it´s a rare Pokémon in Sinnoh and so tries to catch it, but the Poké Ball fails, so she notices it must already belong to someone.
Pikachu wasnt rare in sinnoh, but yeah this is what happened. Team Rocket's BS made Ash and Pikachu separate and Dawn confronted Pikachu sometime later trying to catch it, and her pokeball flat out failed to catch Pikachu after making contact.

Pokémon Reproductory Biology

To finally solve the eternal question of whether or not it's *********** to do things with a Pokémon

Saikou The Lewd King said:
To finally solve the eternal question of whether or not it's *********** to do things with a Pokémon
That is not the name of a class that you can take.

depends on the species

most of the time yes, if it's a grass type then it's whatever word is used for sex with plants and same for the rock types

If Pokemon were actually real we'd be destroyed. We'd have Tyranitars casually going around stomping out mountains, Magcargo and Volcarona burning anybody anywhere near them + Gyarados going on rages, burning down cities. Not to mention any legendaries.

But if they were real, we would gain superhuman status like the humans in pokemon have lol.

Though I would hate for real world organizations to be like Team Galactic or Team Rocket and such.

There's also that Pokemon and Humans can bond well. Even without Poke Balls, we might still be able to tame some of the more dangerous ones, or at least develop companion relationships with them that make them less dangerous. If we're similar enough to the humans of the Pokemon 'verse, anyway.

If Amie & a lot of the dialogue from the games is anything to go by, a trainer with strong bonds is something to be inspired by.

Without Poke Balls or that capacity for bonding, we're almost certainly doomed.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Though I would hate for real world organizations to be like Team Galactic or Team Rocket and such.
Why wouldn't you want the only crime in the world to be caused by incompetent people that are easily defeated?

DragonEmperor23 said:
Why wouldn't you want the only crime in the world to be caused by incompetent people that are easily defeated?
Ignoring that Cyrus actually wo

That's another problem; the crime and chaos that can be caused by Pokemon is insane.

No we wouldn't. We would be 10-B humans against 8-C Pokémon. We die. The end.
And what about the humans above 10-B? Like the Elite 4, Fighting type gym leaders, Ash and any human whos shown to train beside their mon?

Obviously not all of us would be like that but some of us could if Pokemon were real.

DragonEmperor23 said:
8-C Pokemon made me think of that giant Tentacool episode that was cancelled because it was similar to 9/11.
That is ok in my country. It still airs in some channels

There are some Pokemon that COULD kill us, but probably wouldn't. Maybe they're the minority, but they do exist. Besides any Pokemon that can heal with Heal Pulse, plus Xerneas, Tapu-Lele, Chansey, Blissey, the entire Togepi line, the entire Cleffa line.

"As everyone knows, it visits peaceful regions, bringing them gifts of kindness and sweet blessings." - Togekiss Pokedex entry

That, in combatination with Gyarados would actually probably enforce peace.

"It is an extremely vicious and violent POKéMON. When humans begin to fight, it will appear and burn everything to the ground with intensely hot flames." - Gyarados Pokedex entry

All of the above (Gyarados aside.) are helpful; Cleffa's line can all offer you some form of happiness/good luck if you merely see them in the right way!

And even Gyarados isn't completely horrible. Its Mega Form, apparently lost all brain function, except "its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.". However:

"Although it obeys its instinctive drive to destroy everything within its reach, it will respond to orders from a Trainer it truly trusts." - Mega Gyarados Pokedex entry.

With even a Pokemon that berserk able to cooperate with a trainer it trusts, I think trainers who can bond well with their Pokemon would have a lot of potential, if they survive.

There's also the possibility of someone making a good wish on Jirachi if we last long enough (Ex: "I wish for everyone who wrongfully died from Pokemon to get to live happy lives as good people".), or Celebi time travelling to somehow help us.

Any Grass-type with plant-healing abilities, like Meganium is, funnily enough, a godsend for us; After using our nukes trying to kill, say, a rampaging Tyranitar or Camerupt, healing plants would be invaluable for replenishing irradiated/dead crops.

It'd be hard, but doable. Delibird & Tropius's food MIGHT help if it's not irradiated. Pokemon like Dragonair might be able to clear out the nuclear winter by controlling the weather. We would also have Absol in some places to warn us of disaster. There are probably other Pokemon with more obvious, dubious or less beneficial ways of helping us. Most Pokemon could help generate energy. Pansage's leaves whisk weariness away, relieve stress, & is good at finding berries from all over, gathers them & is kind enough to share them with friends.

How about we work out what Pokemon would be most beneficial to us in The Real World but with Pokemon? Much more interesting to ponder than "We all die quickly, lol", IMHO.

Bobsican said:
Please tell me Aegislash is in SwSh
Not yet unfortunately. (Also, if you're thinking about it, you shouldn't try to wield an Aegislash, it'll drain your life force until you're dead.)

(Inb4 nobody acknowledges my rambling about Pokemon that could benefit us if all Pokemon were real.)

Back