• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

To be fair, they said Rokushiki users have the strength of 100 men, Oda thinks his characters are goated

Screen_Shot_2021-09-07_at_10.59.23_AM.png

Can this scan help linear Doriki?
Somehow Oda never mention Doriki after Ennies Loby, it would be cool if he tell us the different about Yonkou Doriki lvl.

It’s literally impossible to have a power lvl in one piece because everyone are so versatile and different… tho power lvl with Haki would be Very good

Anyway, regardless what we may think about the news article source, it seems like the live action One Piece series is about to get extremely distorted and political/be given the typical Hollywood adaption treatment:

Please keep any comments about this within the lines of our rules of conduct though.
One Piece is political though. Very explicitly so. I'd worry about the actually interesting politics of the One Piece world be distorted into some weird liberal takes (girlboss, white guilt, the works).

Comparing Luffy to Kamala Harris however, is ridiculous because it is contrary to probably the most important aspect of Luffy's character i.e. not wanting to have authority over others. To actually make that comparison is so braindead, I doubt this person has any respect for the source material

One Piece is political though. Very explicitly so. I'd worry about the actually interesting politics of the One Piece world be distorted into some weird liberal takes (girlboss, white guilt, the works).

Comparing Luffy to Kamala Harris however, is ridiculous because it is contrary to probably the most important aspect of Luffy's character i.e. not wanting to have authority over others. To actually make that comparison is so braindead, I doubt this person has any respect for the source material
The world of one piece is political but it’s still fiction, we don’t see any political figures having a character in one piece. It’s only in the world of one piece that’s political (I think)

The world of one piece is political but it’s still fiction, we don’t see any political figures having a character in one piece. It’s only in the world of one piece that’s political (I think)
Generally true, but there are meaningful comparisons to be made I'm sure. The racism experienced by fishmen for example could be compared to that experienced by people of color
Who is she
She is the Vice President of the US. Also a former AG (state level chief prosecutor) I think ...

One Piece is about fighting for freedom against tyranny and slavery, and never giving up. It is also extremely entertaining and imaginative. That's pretty much it.

Yes. I noticed afterwards. I first thought that he was responding to me.

What did you mean with this deleted post?

Edit: Never mind. It seems like you simply needed somebody to delete the linked page.
So you can see deleted posts on threads? But how did you revive it back? I remember deleting it
Edit: also that page got made from the template thing… the one that changes post time skip Luffy and pretimeskip… I changed it to link my blog by name but it instead created a profile 🤔 that’s what I think happend

How strong would One Piece characters be if we accepted movie/ova/anime and whatever other non canon stuff (even crossovers)?

Just wait for a canon One piece movie, which suddenly upgrades luffy to moon or planet lvl (Ichigo, Deku and Naruto got some big upgrades from canon movies, especially ichigo)

Back