• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fourteen Marineford

Ok, sorry for saying that imagining that Akainu's skull got fractured was headcanon.

Also I wasn't even talking to the 2 of you I was talking to Stefano

I don't care if you were talking to us or not.

Stop spamming.

Whom you talked to has nothing to do with us warning you to not clutter the thread with many replies in a short timeframe.

I was saying that to cin and calaca.

You're cool damage.

Sorry, my birthday was the other day and I was studying throughout because of exams and that always puts me in a shitty mood.

The Calaca said:
Whom you talked to has nothing to do with us warning you to not clutter the thread with many replies in a short timeframe.
I was replying to say before yesterday's post

@cin: I remember you once saying that Mihawk one-shotting an admiral would make him at least low 6-b

So one-shotting an admiral is at least low 6B but 2 shotting one is 6B. Great logic there bud ƒæì

CinCameron20 said:
If Akainu didn't fall into the Chasm, he would have been laying there, completely vulnerable for many moments, and WB would have just finished him off in short order.
So then it would have been a draw ? Since Akainu killed Whitbeard ON PANEL, literally blew his brains out.

WB 2-shotted Akainu, well guess what ? Akainu ONE-shotted WB, made him the late WB with a casual punch.

I made a thread on this in questions and answers and CrimsonAzhathoth agreed that Akainu was stronger- https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3736302

Made a thread on reddit and the consensus was much the same (with some arguing that the whole situation had too many variables and shouldn't be used for scaling)- https://www.reddit.com/r/CharacterR...hos_stronger_if_a_character_wins_a_fight_but/

There was a time when I believed that Yonko > Admirals but I never thought they were thrice as strong, or even twice as strong more like 10% stronger. Though know I think it's on a case by case basis, WB and Akainu were neck and neck while Shanks (Who I consider WB's equal) beat Kaido fairly easily without a single scratch therefore it's logical to assume Akainu > Kaido.

You sir, are a hypocrite. You are the man who campaigned for Low 6B Sanji, yet also, with the help of your sockpuppet knight-whatever made my life a living hell for suggesting 6B Ryuuma (at least 200 times as reasonable a proposition), and you and your sockpuppet called me a wanking fanboy for having the gall to suggest a 6.9 TT character wouldn't be able to scratch a character who had NO SOLD 8 TT attacks. The funny thing is One Piece is my favourite manga of all time and I don't care much for Naruto so the jokes on you. I don't care much at all for the works of HP Lovecraft yet I love Frozen, doesn't mean I'll give Elsa half a shot against Azhathoth.

You are the sterotypical biased tyrant mod that other forums make fun of VSBW for having.

BTW Frieza is scaled to Low 2C from a durability feat very similar to Akainu's. Why don't you make a CRT based on it being Frieza's endurance that allowed him to keep fighting or whatever.

@Damage: Don't we not scale characters from surprise attacks ? so why is WB's attack against Akainu used as proof Akainu is weaker than him ?

On a completely unrelated note- If Shilliew scales from Magellan shouldn't he also be Unknown ?

Honestly, let's make Mihawk, Hancock, Beckmann etc. all unknown. Their current ratings are intentional lowballs since they lack feats. It gives people the wrong idea- Boa Hancock is quite obviously stronger than Post-TS Usopp. An argument could be made for Zoro being changed to unknown as well since he has yet to go all out.

> Character A later dies of his wounds a few minutes later

That's a pretty misleading depiction of the events surrounding Whitebeard's death.

"Akainu one-shot wb" I can not take you seriously in any sense. You're actually childish and ignore context severely.

Suggesting that 1) Akainu's fruit can't melt flesh, so that's all his power, and 2) ignoring the hundreds of injuries inflicted onto WB before he and Akainu even had their final encounter.

WB was weakened, and he still two-shot a COMPLETELY healthy Akainu.

I'm not even going to bother reading that wall of waste. You're just wrong.

I think the first serious opponent Zoro had that didn't lose after losing some blood was Kaku, because I remember him getting sliced a few times.

Oh, forgot about Bucci, but IDK if it counts considering he fought hypnotized to mitigate the pain.

Other than them, he struggles until he one-shot them: Kabaji, Hatchan, Daz Bonez, Braham, Ohm, Ryuma, etc.

Damage3245 said:
> Character A later dies of his wounds a few minutes later
That's a pretty misleading depiction of the events surrounding Whitebeard's death.
Didn't know WB had the ability to live with half of his brain. Maybe that should be added to his profile ?

I dont remember if WB's head was melt as a whole (partially) or Akainu only affected his face (which makes the most sense since melting half of his brain should have killed him on the spot).

Anyway, I think everyone agrees that Akainu was the one to truly kill WB since the wounds he received from him were lethal and WB was just burning through his insane stamina reserves to keep going. BB and co only finished him.

I don't see why. They already can negate durability to an extent with their elemental attacks.

I could buy "Likely Low 6-B, at most 6-B" for the Admirals. And that's a stretch.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
It's still not done and requires quite a bit of stuff, but here's the Isaac draft: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User:Mr.Cinos15/Sandbox7
It's look decent. Saw some few format errors. With some more work, it could be improve. Have to play the game or at least see a walkthrough to give more detail help.

On the wikia though, it mention that he could electrify his cybernetic attachments, similar to the Minks' Electro.

It's look decent. Saw some few format errors. With some more work, it could be improve. Have to play the game or at least see a walkthrough to give more detail help.

On the wikia though, it mention that he could electrify his cybernetic attachments, similar to the Minks' Electro.

Oh right I forgot about that, thanks for reminding me. Also thanks a lot, I'll make sure to fix anything I need to. When you get the game I recommend to explore and take you're time. One very important piece of advice I have for you: always save.

I'll explain soon why he would scale to Zephyr.

Talk about soon huh?...

Sorry for not responding, college stuff is a pain, especially finals. Anyways, going on with what I said yesterday, the reason why Isaac would scale to Z is because of the fact that the events of Film Z are canon to the game. There is only two pieces of evidence that support this, but I feel like they are enough.

Spoilers up ahead, do not read if you care about playing the game.

The first piece of evidence is the fact that Dyna stones are one of the central elements of the World Seeker story, as they are the very thing that the story revolves around.

The second piece of evidence is that when Akainu first appears in the story (which is close to the endgame) one of his officers are informing him that Dyna stones are being used to destroy naval bases, which Akainu then replies "Did someone steal our supply of Dyna stones again?!" (Not what he said word for word, but basically what he meant), which implies that they we're stolen before. And wouldn't you know it, good ol' Z stole some of the Dyna stones in the film.

The Calaca said:
Redundant rejected suggestion is redundant.
I thought you were one of those people that thought admirals would demonstrate moon level power by EOS. Proposing a discussion rule that they can't be upgraded beyond low 6B seems like a bad idea, at least from your point of view (I personally think moon level one piece is very unlikely)

Any kind of a discussion rule on One Piece is silly seeing as half our profiles are intentional lowballs and we haven't seen 90% of top tiers go all out. For all we know One Piece will have a continent level feat tomorrow (unlikely but you get the point). The last top tier who went out was Whitebeard 10 years ago when animation quality was sucky and budget was low. I can't imagine a worse idea then putting a discusssion rule on one piece.

Eminiteable said:
https://pm1.narvii.com/6700/a36967266d16a8790b8bff62c3bc51bb62688ea6_hq.jpg https://weareawesomeness.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/pic-63.jpg Seems like he melted off more than his face, not sure this warrants an ability or something since Whitebeard clearly doesn't have resilient immortality so unsure.
On a side note, were people saying that Akainu didn't one shot WB !

Jesus Christ ! That was a casual unnamed attack ! Durability negation or not that is an incredible display of power ! No wonder Akainu is the man who rules the sea ! No wonder Oda said he could become pirate king in 1 year ! No wonder the Magu Magu no mi is considered the most powerful devil fruit ever ! The BB pirates were right to run away from this monster ! I don't blame them ! His final boss probability just skyrocketed in my book.

I think we can all agree that Akainu is one bad ************

Just read the new chapter !

Orochi is an interesting character and how did his accomplice die ? Since Mr. 2 would get his fruit. I kind of get his grandfather to, it was an all out war between the daimyo after all. Everythibg's Fair in love and war and all that...

Marco already has his fruit interesting and the divisions were only formed now, also interesting.

For a second I thought baron Tomago was involved somehow !

Roger's time seems to be a drawing to a close but he does seem to have immense respect for Garp and Sengoku which means that they must really be monsters.

Scopper Gabon is not revealed much. Is he not very important to the story or is he very important ? I like many find his appearance and Zoro's master very, very similar. It's interesting, Zoro is like a hybrid of Rayleigh and Oden and something else- maybe that something is Scopper ?

We've gone beyond the Edd War now haven't we ? So Roger has either almost become or already become Pirate King. Last meeting hype ? So maybe they don't meet in Wano after all like some have theorised, intriguing.

^You should do it. The same arguments clog up threads and waste time.

Good chapter this week, which is surprising since the chapter after a break usually isn't very good at all. We gained some more world building regarding timelines, who was who, and the backstroy behind Orochi Kurozomi. I'm a bit confused by that DF though. Not sure if the translation is funny or what but it seemed to say two DFS existed of the same type. :S

And of course young Shanks eating chocolate was adorable, as are baby dragon and sister. Seesm Vista, Marco, and especialy Jozu are a bit jealous of Lady Toki :p Also further proof this chapter that Garp AND SenGoku were top dogs but I can't get over how Roger still looks young.

Nope, that old hag must be dead so Bentham can have that fruit.

Sukiyaki laughed like her tho. That part confused me a bit.

This is 4 years before his death. It's not surprising he looks like that since he didn't look old at the moment of his death, just with massive shoulders lol.

We're this close of getting a map. A reliable one, hopefully.

Back