• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Seventeen Fishman Island

Hasn't he already achieved it ?

I personally think Gamma knife is his awakening

Or maybe just his current level of room powers

My issue with the Gasu Gasu is that Caesar barely showed anything of the potential the fruit has.

And Im still waiting for the Kaze Kaze logia.

And the Kage Kage is the most versatile Paramecia by far.

Hmm thinking it over Buggy could easily be an emerpro if he awakened his fruit, learned some observation haki and developed the muggy ball to greater power and versatility and maybe have it use sea stone as well. Buggy would be unstoppable.

The thing is Buggy and Shanks were equals once, heck probably before Buggy got a devil fruit. He had the potential to be at the same level as a Shanks who still had both his arms and ate a really broken devil fruit. Frigthening I know but the thing is he squandered it looking for cheap bucks here and there. Indeed that's Buggy's whole character, lack of motivation and squandered potential. He could have really been somebody. Maybe visiting Raftel killed his motivation ? Maybe this lack of desire was always there

Electricity is the best Logia looking at all the implications. Light has SPD over it but is too linear.

Since Kaido is the strongest in the world it means Shanks did not beat him one-to-one (If at all).

Kaido being the strongest has to be a massive joke. He's hyped up, but as seen in the flashback (albeit this is long before his prime), WB/Roger >/>> Oden >/= Kaido. Yeah, Kaido is obviously stronger now, but next point shows this doesn't matter.

Considering Kaido hasn't taken over the world after 20 years of growing in power, big doubt he's stronger than the other Yonko. He went even with Big Mom just a handful of chapters ago (both restricted, obviously but still).

Old WB = Big Mom = Shanks = Kaido until proven otherwise, tbh.

Btw, is there any explanation for BB becoming a pseudo-giant post timestkip? Better said, why did he grow in size? Im pretty sure alcohol doesnt make people bigger.

Eh, Biology and Genetics are weird af in One Piece.

Big Mom was the size of a master bedroom as a 5 year old despite having NORMAL sized parents.

PaChi2 said:
Btw, is there any explanation for BB becoming a pseudo-giant post timestkip? Better said, why did he grow in size? Im pretty sure alcohol doesnt make people bigger.
But that would explain more than a few characters if it; did including Kaido.

If Tama is the key to keeping down Kaido then fr Oda may have peaked in pre-timeskip because that would literally be the shittiest conclusion to this massive build up to Wano.

Hmm.. all the original Shichibukai(Mihawk, Jinbe, Hancock, Kuma, Doffy, Moriah and Crocodile) Vs big Mom's entire crew(excluding big mom;Mont-d'Or Katakuri, smoothie, cracker, oven, daifuku, perospero, Brulee and )

If you want a proper fight it should be all known sichibukai (even post-Gura Teach) vs Big Mom pirates including BM.

The Shichibukai team:

Mihawk. Doffy. Weevil. NoYonko Teach. Kuma. Moriah. Croc. Hancock. Jinbe. PostSkip Law. Buggy (yes).

Vs

Big Mom Pirates:

Big Mama, Katakuri, Smoothie, Cracker, Snack (?), Mont D'Or, Oven, Brulee, Daifuku, Perospero

10 vs 10 (Im not counting buggy)

Mihawk and weevil to combat big mom in power I suppose. Blackbeard would be good against any of her kids with a devil fruit, or even big mom herself to get rid of her homies, both law and Kuma could defend the other members by teleporting them around to protect them + with Kuma coming in and deflecting blows. Crocodile would be dangerous with his hand taking all the water so lethal to pretty much anyone here, Moriah could potentially be given the opportunity to steal someone's shadow killing then instantly and empowering himself. Hancock and Jinbe would be a hard counter to Katakuri and cracker.

I don't think laws soul Transferal will work against people with better haki tho

Buggy runs away. Doflamingo turns some opponents against eachother with manipulation or Law incaps them--either way only the Commanders of BM's crew + Snack stand a chance at surviving the initial wreckage.

Mihawk likely goes straight for BM to test his mettle. BB goes for Smoothie because he'll realize her abilities would do no good against his Yami-Yami (and he could just overwhelm with quakes too)--but it would be no easy fight.

Moriah gets jobbed by literally anyone because he's REALLY arrogant and, frankly, weak compared to even Brulee.

Brulee would probably try to separate the Shichibukai team w/ her mirror powers--probably bring in the easiest prey (Weevil, as he would not expect it--or Buggy if he doesn't run far enough) who would then be forced to either wait in the Mirror World until their turn, or fight Katakuri, who would volunteer to go in to thin out the herd.

Overall, i think 7 people would survive the initial battle: 4 Shichibukai and 3 of Big Mom's crew: Big Mom, Katakuri, Cracker, Mihawk, Doflamingo, BB, and Hancock.

Big Mom cuz she's outright a tank, and the strongest.

Katakuri because of future-sight and he can go toe-to-toe with everyone except Mihawk.

Cracker because cowardice and countless soldiers.

Mihawk cuz he's just the strongest dude on his team and only Big Mom could take him down, not to mention he'll likely tank any direct hit since we should be led to believe he's mastered Armament fully.

Doflamingo because he'd be distanced and using everyone on the enemy team he can get his threads on as puppets + healing if he suffers any serious damage in a CQC engagement.

Blackbeard is incredibly persistent and would negate attacks from most of the enemy team, probably even use BH to pull some of them in and avoid a fight all together.

Hancock cuz her seduction and power would cause most of her opponents to hesitate attacking her.

From then on, even if Kata and Cracker fell, Big Mom might actually take on all 4 at once and come out victorious with Mihawk being the last one taken down.

New one piece novel revealed Shanks got most of his fame from his duals with Mihawk, and those duals always made the headlines. Also revealed shanks has no interest in becoming pirate king.

While I'm 100% certain Mihawk is definitely stronger than most characters (including those of prestige like the Commanders under Yonko and even Admirals themselves), he and Shanks making the headlines doesn't necessarily mean they were both monsters in the sense we currently look at each of them.

Cavendish and the Worst Generation made the headlines many times pre time-skip (Luffy was covered up two major times--Alabasta and Impel Down), but it's proven all of them are not exactly the strongest individuals.

I like the idea of Luffy's bounty being significantly higher pre time-skip if not for these cover ups and his allies being incognito.

"we should be led to believe he's mastered Armament fully."

Isnt it confirmed asuming that his blade became black by using his haki?

@Cin you forgot Jinbe and Kuma.

And isnt Weevil like, super strong.

@Everyone Mihawk's bounty? Any guesses?

Mihawk has shown that he has turned his blade into a black one and shown he can access the Ryou cutting through stuff thingu (which seems to be a swordsmans equivalent to Goken) the only thing he hasn't directly shown is the forcefields but honestly if he's got the other two down he can probably make a forcefield.

Also I get what you mean Cin but considering just two people fighting was headline worthy is very impressive; especially if we're led to believe it happened regularly.

As for Mihawk's bounty he is a solo pirate and seems to be more interested in his overall craft rather than doing big events, if fighting Mihawk gave shanks the majority of his fame then I can see Mihawk being at least 3 billion; he's been famous even before the great pirate era started (which would mean he was famous at age 19 while shanks was still an apprentice) + they've likely sent an admiral and several vice admirals to try get him now which he will likely defeat so I can definitely see him at 3 billion (he doesn't possess any crew or territory so he'd be lower than Shanks)

[also a heads up to everyone spoilers came out for the next chapter, we aren't in the present yet still flashback territory but it more so covers some other things and still a good informative chapter]

Yeah new ace novel really hit hard, according to both Ace and Blackbeard "to be a Yonko it is not enough to just be the strongest, but to succeed in building an empire" "Ace realises that the title of Yonko is given to those who have built up their own territory/world" this makes me happy :). Although Thatch tells Ace "if he wanted to become a Yonko, he would need to be at least as strong as Shanks"

Some stuff regarding Kaido and Whitebeard "in single combat, Kaido is stronger than Whitebeard but this one is more powerful in terms of piracy" i suppose piracy could mean a stronger crew, more experience as a pirate or just a better ship is suppose. "With his apparent immortality, Kaido would be the storngest Creature in the world" and "Big mom is the most dangerous captain in the world" also it tells us during this time whitebeard wasn't sick!

"Shanks is the most difficult emperor to locate"

Translation's could be poo poo tho although the basic outline is pretty much the same from what I've seen from each translations came out, the only exception is some girl on twitter who completely cut out the "the majority of Shanks' fame came from them duals" but after looking in their mentions it seems to be more so a bias than an actual translation error.

Yeaaa I'm pretty sure Mihawk was always stronger than Shanks and considered Yonko level.

I don't know what people on this site were thinking ƒñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖ鴩ŃñªÔÇìÔÖé´©Å.

I guess Kaido being in between Prime and Old WB is possible.

Prime WB >/= Oden > Kaido > Old WB > Old sick WB

Seems so as the novel tells us Kaido is stronger than an non stick whitebeard (I mean he's still old but him being sick was the real kicker in the end)

Context behind shanks though it may just be that Shanks' was far far stronger but after losing his arm (like he himself implies) has bet most of his strength on the new era, thus Thatch believes that Shanks is one of the weakest of the Yonko at this moment (although he's still a monster in the marines eyes who claim shanks is unstoppable when he's angry)

Other translations "Shanks' men consider Whitbeard to be worse than the devil and would rather die 100 times over than face him head on" I don't think this is referring to the likes of Shanks' main commanders however. "For the residents of One Piece Whitebeard is considered a natural disaster similar to a tsunami of Earthquake"

The only other thing that I can see that seems relevant (and not already apparent from the actual story) is when describing Kaido and the beast pirates "Kaido is dangerous due to his very existence" "His crew is just a bunch of delinquents".

Hmm there was also apparently a vacant Shichibukai pot 4-6 years ago or something which is around the time Shanks became a Yonko, may have recruited Mihawk to equalise the growth of power on the Pirate side. Or it could have been Kuma as the others had already confirmed to have been warlords before that timeframe.

If that's the case then that means that:

Current Kaido>Healthy Oldbeard>Sick Oldbeard=8.57 Teratons (I think).

I also believe that Mihawk is 2 Billion, but I don't know if he would have a higher bounty than BB. Like it's possible, but I'm not so sure.

The Ace Novel has been around for a while now, though I hadn't heard Shanks is the weakest from it before.

Regarding Mihawk I can't see him being under 1 Billion. I also canot see him reaching Blackbeard who is more powerful individually and much stronger overall.

1.25-1.75 I guess. Any higher wouldn't make sense but any lower and the fans would hate Oda.

Back