• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kachon123; do not rush to close the thread when most of the agreements were in the first page responding to the OP and there's been 2 pages of discussion since then. You're not even giving pinged people a chance to respond if you close the thread in less than an hour.

You can only hold up the thread for so long though. They're free to respond again, that would be best. But, at the moment, the "possibly" compromise is wholly unnecessary given the current staff support for a full rating

You can only hold up the thread for so long though. They're free to respond again, that would be best. But, at the moment, the "possibly" compromise is wholly unnecessary given the current staff support for a full rating
A thread being open a bit longer than the minimum 48 hours needed is not a thread being held up.

If Kachon is sure that the staff will still support a full rating, then why close it as soon as possible?

Y’all, the threads been open for barely two days, Damage wanting to discuss it for a little longer isn’t outlandish, it’s not like he’s saying keep it open for weeks on end 😭 it’s not the end of the world if the thread takes a couple more days than 2 to wrap up

@Kachon123; do not rush to close the thread when most of the agreements were in the first page responding to the OP and there's been 2 pages of discussion since then. You're not even giving pinged people a chance to respond if you close the thread in less than an hour.
I asked if there was a page that states that grace doesn't mean that a thread can be applied if it has the necessary staff approvals after 2 days, and you haven't responded.

From my knowledge, I can apply this in 50 minutes. If I'm wrong, directing me to a page that says this would be helpful. Otherwise, I would appreciate it of you continued arguing for your points if you still have any instead of waiting for people would already voted to respond in less than in hour.

Thanks.

A thread being open a bit longer than the minimum 48 hours needed is not a thread being held up.
This is always where it starts. I still have war flashbacks to the Star and Stripe thread

I suppose yeah, though my point on the "possibly" compromise remains the same atm. If things stay this way, I'd be against the compromise

I asked if there was a page that states that grace doesn't mean that a thread can be applied if it has the necessary staff approvals after 2 days, and you haven't responded.

From my knowledge, I can apply this in 50 minutes. If I'm wrong, directing me to a page that says this would be helpful. Otherwise, I would appreciate it of you continued arguing for your points if you still have any instead of waiting for people would already voted to respond in less than in hour.

Thanks.
There's no rule saying the thread has to be closed as soon as possible either. Trying to get the thread rushed through while there is still discussion ongoing is a bad look.

This is funny.
I'm glad you're having a laugh.

There's no rule saying the thread has to be closed as soon as possible either. Trying to get the thread rushed through while there is still discussion ongoing is a bad look.
Considering how the last points brought up came from posts a day ago and not a single person has changed their minds, I really don't think this is rushed.

I'll probably apply this in an hour if the already overwhelming staff support doesn't change.

Y’all, the threads been open for barely two days, Damage wanting to discuss it for a little longer isn’t outlandish, it’s not like he’s saying keep it open for weeks on end 😭 it’s not the end of the world if the thread takes a couple more days than 2 to wrap up
Idk what he wants to discuss

He send "nobody responded to this"
"This" being your message and him just piggybacking off of it and saying "I'm fine with a possibly"
Me saying "I support a full rating but I'm fine with a possibly" after reading that

And that's it.

We need to wait for an echo chamber of "yeah I'm fine with possiblys"? Or do we need to debunk your valid point? Or do we need to just give him time to pull out more random debunks?

Cause when I said "what are we still talking about", I was hit with "no one responded to this", but views were changed to "fine with possiblies" cause of it

Considering how the last points brought up came from posts a day ago and not a single person has changed their minds, I really don't think this is rushed.

I'll probably apply this in an hour if the already overwhelming staff support doesn't change.
Staff support from staff who mostly haven't seen any of the discussion that has gone on. You really don't think it's worth waiting a day at most for the staff to respond to the pings and confirm their votes before you apply the thread?

Idk what he wants to discuss

He send "nobody responded to this"
"This" being your message and him just piggybacking off of it and saying "I'm fine with a possibly"
Me saying "I support a full rating but I'm fine with a possibly" after reading that

And that's it.

We need to wait for an echo chamber of "yeah I'm fine with possiblys"? Or do we need to debunk your valid point? Or do we need to just give him time to pull out more random debunks?

Cause when I said "what are we still talking about", I was hit with "no one responded to this", but views were changed to "fine with possiblies" cause of it
🤷‍♂️ don’t ask me what’s to be discussed, I’ve only been loosely following the thread when deceived tells me he’s doing the art of the deal

Also, DemonMitchGodAubin hasn't cast a solid vote yet but he looks like he's leaning towards a disagree.

So that's potentially 3 disagrees to 5 agrees, and most of the agrees haven't seen any of the discussion or responded to the pings to confirm their votes...

You cannot close this thread prematurely.

@DemonGodMitchAubin Sorry for the ping, but can you confirm your stance on this? Full rating? Possibly rating? Disagree with the rating?

Staff support from staff who mostly haven't seen any of the discussion that has gone on
Outside of today, I haven't commented on this thread since the day it was posted. Despite tha, I was still able to read the thread while it was going on.

Saying the staff members who've voted haven't looked at the thread since is a baseless assumption.
You really don't think it's worth waiting a day at most for the staff to respond to the pings and confirm their votes before you apply the thread?
It's not needed for the reasons KingTempest has said.

Tsuru in this case sure seems to be speaking pretty hyperbolically since we can see the effects of the Marineford War for ourselves and they don't appear to be as far-reaching as she hypes them up to be. There are no global quakes or signs of destruction. We only get one shot of an unknown island at unknown distance away from Marineford being shown to shake a little, and even Sabaody Archipelago which is near to Marineford is threatened with a tsunami a long while after the war starts - and that tsunami evidently does very little damage since the archipelago is fine and intact after the war.

She is not talking literally about fleeing to the ends of the earth... That isn't an option when the battle is already underway and she's in the middle of it.

He can "control the entire world" because he sees himself as the most powerful person alive. He declares it to be "his era" after he acquires Whitebeard's DF. I think it's extremely generous to think he's saying that the Gura Gura no Mi can physically manipulate the entire planet at once.

We don't even know the full capabilities of the Ancient Weapons yet in truth, so I wouldn't depend on this.

It's worth noting that the after-effects of the weapon used by Imu to destroy Lulusia was described as having no parallel in recorded history - which at least indicates that the Gura Gura no Mi users aren't causing global earthquakes at any point in time. None of the quakes used in the battle of Marineford or afterwards are as powerful as that.

Really? Are you sure this thread has nothing to do with destructive power and that a CRT won't be proposed saying "If the Gura Gura no Mi can make an earthquake that can be felt on the opposite side of the planet to the user, then the Gura Gura no Mi must be 5-C"?
Yep, outstanding analysis as always

I disagree with OP FRA;

I feel it’s pretty… strange to say to not bring up AP for an ability that explicitly relies on range for AP. Like, if range gets upgraded, so will AP, so why would it not be taken care of in the same thread?

It’s not “shonen brain” or anything, it’s pretty clear what the meaning of this CRT results in, so why not allow the discussion of it?
I have a guess, it's harder to upgrade AP than to upgrade just the range, people will be more hesitant to do so as it's a far more significant upgrade, so to ease things up, they upgrade only the range so it makes AP easier to argue for since it's already accepted as planet level in range, so it's AP should scale, or something of the sorts

Either way, I'm not sure so don't take my word for it

Thank you for commenting DDM before the gates were slammed shut.

The votes are more balanced now Kachon.

We now have 4 staff who have agreed that a Possibly rating can be used.

a possibly rating due to the lack of supporting feats.
This is such a weak and flimsy argument.

If it's stated several times across several One Piece media that Whitebeard can effect the entire planet in one way or the other, whether it be destruction or shaking via his vibrations, why would it only be possibly under the reasoning of "lack of feats?"

If the supposed lack of feats is an issue, then why do we rate Mihawk as superior to Shanks

You're literally coming up with stuff just for the sake of disagreeing when this has never been a problem until now.

And 4 that agree with full ratings atm
Noted. I'm fine if it stays open longer so we can get a more decisive outcome. But now that the votes are more balanced I don't think it should be closed the moment 48 hours has passed.

Keep in mind a lot of people fine with possibly are coming from a stance of disagreement but willing to compromise for the middle between agree and disagree (possibly)

So what's the exact tally for
A. Who agrees
B. Who disagrees
C. Who's for possibly

Cause now I see a bunch of "I'm fine with A but I'll take B" and trying to use that against votes for C.

So what's the exact tally for
A. Who agrees
B. Who disagrees
C. Who's for possibly

Cause now I see a bunch of "I'm fine with A but I'll take B" and trying to use that against votes for C.
Agrees: KingTempest, Maverick_zero, Dalesean027, marvel_champion_07, DDM, Clover, Elizhaa, LordTracer
Disagrees: Mitch, Damage
Possiblies: DDM (Initial agree), Damage (leaning on disagree), Duedate

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back