• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you joking? Closing the thread was not appropriate at that time.

Between us, KingTempest and I had pinged seven staff members in order to confirm their votes (Maverick_Zero_X, DarkDragonMedeus, Elizhaa, LordTracer, ByAsura, Duedate8898 and DemonGodMitchAubin).

Only three of them responded, with Maverick_Zero_X confirming that they preferred a full rating; DarkDragonMedeus and Duedate8898 saying they're fine with a Possibly rating).

Instead of just waiting for the other staff members to respond (especially since ByAsura and DemonGodMitchAubin didn't appear cast a solid vote either way), the thread was rushed to completion and closed as soon as possible.

I am re-opening this thread to give the pinged staff the opportunity to cast their vote on it and then we can see the proper results.

@Elizhaa @LordTracer @ByAsura @DemonGodMitchAubin I am sorry for the repeated pings, but can you confirm whether this thread has convinced you that Whitebeard and Blackbeard should get a full Stellar rating for their attack range, a Possibly rating for it, or you disagree with the change?

Last edited:
48 hours have passed? KT is well within his rights to close it.
48 hours isn't a time limit for how long a thread can stay open for. It's to give people an opportunity to see the thread. KT should have known better than to singlehandedly close the thread after both he and I pinged for more staff comments. If KT was the one to request that the thread stay open longer, then I would have allowed it because there's no rush. Kachon knew exactly what he was doing by threatening to close the thread "in an hour" after I called for staff to vote and he said "I hope they vote in time" as if the thread couldn't be left open longer to allow for their posts.

And look what happened, because I re-opened the thread, ByAsura was given the opportunity to cast a vote. Is there any reason why you wouldn't want to give more staff the opportunity to clarify their vote?

Technically, I'd already voted, but that's besides the point I guess.
Fair point, I was just looking for clarification from the staff who had already voted.

My main point is that there is no good reason why the thread couldn't have been left open longer.

Okay but the fact remains that it was within his rights to do so. Our rules currently don’t really define things like when a thread should remain open for longer besides if there isn’t enough staff agreement. There should be specifications on the likes of how much of a voting differential is needed in the case of there being staff that agree with both sides (like maybe a differential of 2 or 3 for instance).

At the moment, whether or not a thread remains open despite sufficient staff input being received has wholly come down to personal preference/convenience.

Edit: This isn’t even mentioning how a number of votes that you say are for “possibly” are more along the lines of “agreeing with the full rating but being okay with a possibly rating if necessary.” Currently, over 48 hours have passed and at least 3 staff members have agreed with the change. By our rules, this can be applied.

Last edited:
When did we start waiting for every staff member who voted to restate the same shit from before?

So we gotta wait for everybody to come back and state their vote just for this to be processed?
Why did you bother pinging them if you didn't want to see if they'd respond?

Why did you bother pinging them if you didn't want to see if they'd respond?
#1 I pinged them because you were so butthurt that people weren't coming back to read that 1 point and change their view
#2 I ping mass amounts of people in hopes that even a fraction of them come to evaluate.

This is One Piece. Outside of you, Mitch, and I, it's difficult to get evaluation, much less waiting for people who already spoke to come back

Weren’t you doing this first and then he just followed suit?
Yes, and I pinged them because I wanted them to confirm. Turns out that there is a majority of staff voting now who accept a Possibly rating for the thread, so was it wrong for me to have wanted to wait for their response?

Yes, and I pinged them because I wanted them to confirm. Turns out that there is a majority of staff voting now who accept a Possibly rating for the thread, so was it wrong for me to have wanted to wait for their response?
That removed the nuance I’ve mentioned before. Multiple are fine with a possibly, but that’s about it (only some strictly agree with that).

Elizhaa and LordTracer have already voted but haven't responded yet to our pings. DemonGodMitchAubin hasn't concretely voted yet (I think from their posts they were leaning against, but it didn't look like a solid vote). Everyone else has responded.

Can this be closed? It's been like 17 hours since @Damage3245 pinged Tracer and Elizhaa and there is no sign of them responding yet.

The overall staff still support the OP, and the changes have already been applied. I'm not sure why this got reopened in the first place.

Can this be closed? It's been like 17 hours since @Damage3245 pinged Tracer and Elizhaa and there is no sign of them responding yet.

The overall staff still support the OP, and the changes have already been applied. I'm not sure why this got reopened in the first place.
There are now equal votes for the Possibly rating for it.

Would you like to type out the tally?
Voting for full rating: Elizhaa, Maverick, LordTracer, KingTempest

Voting for possibly rating: Damage3245, Duedate, DDM, ByAsura

Willing to compromise on a possibly rating: KingTempest

Unclear vote: DemonGodMitchAubin

It's possible that DDM is also still in favor of a full rating but his last vote was for the Possibly rating. Just double-checking with him now.

EDIT: DDM has clarified to me that he has changed his vote to Possibly as the option he's going for, not a full rating.

Last edited:
maverick, clover, by asura, Dalesan, MC7, DDM, kt, lordtracer, and elizhaa are all on the full rating. With two of them settling for possibly as an 'at least fine' compromise (ByAsura and DDM). That's 9 in favor with 2 not minding to settle

Damage is against but settling for possibly. Mitch is against but hasn't responded on if possibly is good.

Duedates is on possibly

Screen_Shot_2023-09-13_at_2.40.30_PM.png

@KingTempest Thanks for passing that message on.

I have to ask; since DDM has switched from fully to Possibly, and LordTracer says that he feels like he shouldn't have input on this... Can we switch the range ratings on the profiles to Possibly now? Elizhaa is the only one of the original voters who hasn't gotten back to the thread.

I am still fine waiting longer, I just want to know people's thoughts on that.

Last edited:
DDM hasn’t elaborated on whether or not he still supports a full rating (which I did ask him about). And the votes are currently pretty balanced. So no, we should wait

My point still stands, given KT, Maverick, and Elizhaa’s current support for a full rating
I'm not overlooking that.

I'm just saying that DDM, Duedate, ByAsura and myself are in favor of Possibly for it. And KT has stated that he'd be willing to compromise on a Possibly if it came to that.

I'm not shutting the thread down, just pointing that the situation isn't the same as it was yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back