• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fourteen Marineford

Nope. He gives Sanji vibes.

We're close of getting 500 replies. Better have the 3D2Y DT ready.

It doesn't seem scopper holds the rivalry with Rayleigh like Zoro and Sanji do, seems more respectful form what I picked up.

I still think Zoro has a lot in common with Oden. He's sort of an Oden Rayleigh hybrid really (maybe Goda originally planned for him to be Luffy's Rayleigh but then changed his mind and created Oden).

Rayleigh seems to be a hybrid of Zoro and Nami really (funny since they are Luffy's first 2 crew members and the 2 he is closest to)

Gaban has a bit of Jinbe, maybe a bit of Sanji too but we really don't know enough about him. Crocus has a bit of Sanji too honestly in addition to Chopper.

Shanks for his part had a bit of Zoro.

And Roger, Oden and Rayleigh all had a bit of Luffy. So it is very complicated.

Heck Roger has a bit of Zoro-esque alcoholic swordsman going on.

It's all very complicated.

If the slash Mihawk threw at WB really was the strongest slash in the world shouldn't it be superior to the spear of Elbaf ?

CinCameron20 said:
@Fix and Damage - If the results are going to change at all, I'll probably wait since anything could happen regarding WB's placement. Could be lower or higher from what I gather.
But if you want me to make the changes right now, i will do so. Law's tier is the only one that needs discussed, as I doubt he'd last as long as he did against Doflamingo, Fujitora, or Black Knight if he were <1/1000 any of them, even w/ Hax. (Just a reminder, Law is currently 7-A+ while Fuji/BK are At least High 6-C after changes, and Doffy Poss Low 6-B. This dude managed to avoid capture from Fuji + Doffy together for several minutes)
I thought it was determined to remove high 7-A altogether?

LordWhis said:
I still think Zoro has a lot in common with Oden. He's sort of an Oden Rayleigh hybrid really (maybe Goda originally planned for him to be Luffy's Rayleigh but then changed his mind and created Oden).

Rayleigh seems to be a hybrid of Zoro and Nami really (funny since they are Luffy's first 2 crew members and the 2 he is closest to)

Gaban has a bit of Jinbe, maybe a bit of Sanji too but we really don't know enough about him. Crocus has a bit of Sanji too honestly in addition to Chopper.

Shanks for his part had a bit of Zoro.

And Roger, Oden and Rayleigh all had a bit of Luffy. So it is very complicated.

Heck Roger has a bit of Zoro-esque alcoholic swordsman going on.

It's all very complicated.
Oden had a bit of Sanji, he cooked for the entire criew and he said the thing about listen a woman crying.

Dr.Fix said:
I thought it was determined to remove high 7-A altogether?
I don't remember what the consensus was, but the profiles do need modification.

Doflamingo's justifications - whether it is believed that he is likely Low 6-B or not - aren't completely solid and some of it needs removing.

Breaking out of ice is not a Low 6-B feat.

Breaking through Luffy's guard is not a Low 6-B feat.

Surviving being frozen is not a Low 6-B feat.

Frankly speaking Doflamingo has a ton more evidence being in the area of High 7-A than he does being likely Low 6-B.

The Jozu feat (the only potentially legit justification for Doflamingo's inflated rating) should be dismissed as an outlier.

the reasoning is really just based on breaking breaking out of the Aokiji ice since jozu gets his rating for being a commander and for using Aokiji's own massive ice chunk against him; and I suppose haki? Breaking out of ice in that situation + the fact in reality it's the only justification for him being at that tier, yeah it's an outlier.

It's not downplay.

Being encased in ice by someone whose explicit power is the creation of ice isn't a feat that scales to the damage output they attained via use of an esoteric attack (Goken in this case).

Hell, Kuzan's ice outright gets no-diffed by Whitebeard when Kuzan uses several times the amount of ice against Whitebeard that he did against Doffy.

Both points together point to the two feats being incomparable in every way, shape, and form, so that point alone is inarguable.

Further, Jozu is only possibly 6-B due to being a Yonko Commander (stupid argumentation is stupid) and harming Aokiji in his Diamond form with the use of Haki, which is not something that adds to one's ability to flex out of a position like the one where Doflamingo caught him in (arm cocked back, horrific position for leverage, it's actually a standard submission position).

The linked thread Fix made has an enormous wall of text to refute Damage's OP, but about 90% of the wall of text is inconsequential.

Back