• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fifteen 3D2Y

Should we consider a feat shown in one movie scalling from the villain of another movie? (For example, Tesoro being High 6-C scaled to Luffy who previously faced Zephyr).

Rei Rubro said:
Should we consider a feat shown in one movie scalling from the villain of another movie? (For example, Tesoro being High 6-C scaled to Luffy who previously faced Zephyr).
Yea I agree.

Luffys At least Class M because he "Tossed a sea monster over 50m in length a considerable distance with relative ease" since there isnt a calc linked, can someone calc this feat? I do t think you should just randomly assume its Class without a calc.

He has it due to scaling massively above hatchan; Zoro physically overpowered hatchan even while being on the verge of death.

The feat listed on luffys profile could be far higher than Class M. It should also be noted that he scales to that feat to avoid confusion.

There are no chains Sanji moved in Enies Lobby. The feat you're talking about happens in Thriller Bark.

Just occurred to me, but do you all think Mihawk ate like Vampire devil fruit? Latest episode shows he's really pale + he lives in such a dingy and dark place and he did have those green flames on his little boat. Could be an interesting thing.

Oh yeah and his name is literally Dracule which like sorta sounds like Dracula. And he hanged out with another "undead" person for two years.

I know for a fact that it's an impossibility, but how would you guy's feel if the One Piece verse was secretly as complex as Masadaverse and Im-sama was simply an avatar of some 1-A/High 1-A deity?

His big hat isn't enough to cover his whole body.

He even goes with the uncovered torso.

His hands don't suffer any damage when he uses his sword.

His is only a design inspired by the common archetype of a vampire. Doesn't make him one.

Wouldn't like it, prefer One Piece for its simplicity; personally I feel Imu is someone who had the immortality surgery performed on him + he currently has the ancient weapon Uranus in his possession.

The Calaca said:
His big hat isn't enough to cover his whole body.

He even goes with the uncovered torso.

His hands don't suffer any damage when he uses his sword.

His is only a design inspired by the common archetype of a vampire. Doesn't make him one.
True you're probably right (unless oda just comes up with a silly reason) although you may have a point with the design; maybe be instead has a blood related paramecia thus Zoro's ability to survive by losing such much blood could be a relevant strength when fighting Mihawk and while also strengthening Mihawk's designed inspiration.

@Cinos nah, dimensional stuff doesn't fit well in this narrative.

@Eminiteable Hardly possible. Name a single Shichibukai with a fruit related to their name. Oda just use that to appeal public into the character.

The Calaca said:
@Eminiteable Hardly possible. Name a single Shichibukai with a fruit related to their name. Oda just use that to appeal public into the character.
Doflamingo can fly

Check and mate, Calaca

The Calaca said:
Well ultimately it's just theory talk.

@Calaca

Agreed, anything beyond tier 2 doesn't fit, heck even tier 2 wouldn't fit well into the story, but I can still hope for 2-A Luffy ovo.Although Tier 5, now that's where it's at, although 4-C would be extra nice as well.

Now I know that he/she is extremely overhyped by everyone, but do you guy's think that Im only has supreme political power, or do you guy's think Im-sama might be able to fight? And if so, at what level (Yonko level, Admiral level, etc) do you all expect him/her to be?

Although some of the names actually do to some degree:

• Boa Hancock: Snake = Medusa = petrification.
  • Gecko meaning moonlight, and Komori meaning bat.
Although Kuma and Crocodile don't follow the naming pattern, I suppose Doflamingo kind of does since he floats.

Jinbe could count but won't include him since he's not a devil fruit eater.

Tier 4 One Piece. Ew. No. (Dont even want Tier 5 at this point)

Also, Doflamingo WALKS on strings, or some depictions have shown him to be lifted by them. neither floating nor flying.

CinCameron20 said:
Also, Doflamingo WALKS on strings, or some depictions have shown him to be lifted by them. neither floating nor flying.
I dont think they literally meant he floats or flies. Just that he is given the depiction of "flying" due to his strings, which would fit the case of the animal themes matching devil fruit powers.

Back