• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Canonicity of 3D2Y there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wierd how he bothered using G2+Haki against that outdated Pacifista Post-TS

Agree with the OP
Not any weirder than Sanji using Diable Jambe to one-shot his own Pacifista. The Pacifista prototypes are definitely weak but they do require some effort from the Straw Hats to one-shot.

Not any weirder than Sanji using Diable Jambe to one-shot his own Pacifista. The Pacifista prototypes are definitely weak but they do require some effort from the Straw Hats to one-shot.
I mean Luffy used G4 on a ship, is that Ship Kaidou level?

It's to show off, pretty much. Like monkeman said, it's the same reason G4 was used on a ship, and a number. Or Zoro pulling Enma out on fodder, etc.. it's just oda going "look at how easy these things are to do now"

Then how does the 100x multiplier affect his scaling compared to his pre timeskip self?
I'll wait for this to get accepted, watch the movie, then let you know.
It scales off both his base and G2. Burndy used a X50 and a x100 moves vs base and G2 respectively iirc

I'll wait for this to get accepted, watch the movie, then let you know.
It scales off both his base and G2. Burndy used a X50 and a x100 moves vs base and G2 respectively iirc
So is End of Movie Base Luffy 50-100x superior to his Beginning of Movie self?

So is End of Movie Base Luffy 50-100x superior to his Beginning of Movie self?
50x off base, 100x off G2. The movie takes place a while before the TS so he'd likely have "at least" ratings.

But that's neither here or there, it's for whenever that thread comes about. Right now we focus on the canon side of it

If you want me to comment my perspective on the issue of canonicity again:

•Oda approval to the story.
Oda approved for them to make a story for a TV special. He did not give them blanket approval to make whatever additions to the manga canon that they wanted. And even if he approved of a general plot for it, we have no reason to believe he's been fact-checking it.

In this scan they say they talked to Oda and asked for permission for the theme and timing of it... and that's it. Just because Oda allowed them to make that doesn't not mean it's confirmation that the same events took place in the manga.

•it connects with manga and anime storyline
It fits in there - but just because it fits in to a timeframe not directly covered by the manga does not mean the events took place in the manga continuity.

•we should that oda was involved in it (he created world character)
Oda creating a character design =/= the character is canonical to the series. It's just a design he provided; not a blanket approval that everything they do with the character is canon.

•I showed you that the novel is canon.
This is not the case. The novelization of the TV Special is written by Hamasaki Tatsuya and the original story of One Piece is created by Eiichiro Oda.

We can get confirmation of this from the Shueisha site where the novel is sold where it says this:

著者:浜崎 達也
原作:尾田 栄一郎

Author: Tatsuya Hamasaki
Original story: Eiichiro Oda

I don't think we have any reason to take the novelization of the special as being canon.

Now, I get that some people might not see any issues with just accepting the special if it "fits in" to an uncovered part of the story but this is far removed from primary canon in my point of view. Unless we had some direct proof, I would not consider this canonical to One Piece's story. Even if it could provide a dozen downgrades to the verse I still wouldn't accept it.

If you want me to comment my perspective on the issue of canonicity again:
Idk how you think at all, to me it seems you don't want anything new to add to one piece and be downgraded to some value you think is accurate for just you

If you personally disagree with the evidence you don't just go against it just because you don't want it to be true, I've seen you do that at times

That to me is not want an admin or even a mod should do, they should vote agree or disagree with no biases on the evidence provided

You disagreed mainly because for you it's not enough... How is that in anyway fair? If you don't have any solid evidence for you to disagree with the thread you should stay neutral... Not disagree because of biased reasons
Unless we had some direct proof, I would not consider this canonical to One Piece's story.
Only for you is it not direct proof...

Not trying to attack you or anything, just wanted bring up how unfair it is with how you deal with certain things

Idk how you think at all, to me it seems you don't want anything new to add to one piece and be downgraded to some value you think is accurate for just you

If you personally disagree with the evidence you don't just go against it just because you don't want it to be true, I've seen you do that at times

That to me is not want an admin or even a mod should do, they should vote agree or disagree with no biases on the evidence provided

You disagreed mainly because for you it's not enough... How is that in anyway fair? If you don't have any solid evidence for you to disagree with the thread you should stay neutral... Not disagree because of biased reasons
This has nothing to do with downgrades or upgrades. I made it clear I don't think it should be considered canon even if it provided several downgrades.

This is not about me "Wanting it not to be true." To me, it hasn't been proven to be true so I can't accept it to be true. You may not like it but it is the role of Staff to give judgements on things like this. I've voted disagree not because of any biases involved, but because I disagree with it being canon based on the evidence provided.

This isn't an adaptation of source material unsupervised by Oda but entirely new content new supervised by Oda.

This is also what our Canon page states on Tertiary Canon:

Entirely new feats of tertiary canon, like for example new abilities, should be disregarded. Details added to existing fight scenes, such as damage caused to the surroundings, can be accepted for text based media like books.

At the very best this may qualify for Tertiary Canon, but even then I don't think it does fully.

Only for you is it not direct proof...

Not trying to attack you or anything, just wanted bring up how unfair it is with how you deal with certain things
I'm sorry you feel that way.

This has nothing to do with downgrades or upgrades. I made it clear I don't think it should be considered canon even if it provided several downgrades.
You were the one who brought that up with how even if it we're to give downgrades, you wouldn't accept it to be canon...

I just talked about what it looks like in terms of your mindset is on how you do things
This is not about me "Wanting it not to be true." To me, it hasn't been proven to be true so I can't accept it to be true. You may not like it but it is the role of Staff to give judgements on things like this. I've voted disagree not because of any biases involved, but because I disagree with it being canon based on the evidence provided.
No, you don't think it's enough evidence because you personally don't want it to be
For me personally, that's not good enough confirmation. I can't just pretend that it's good for me.
I'm sorry you feel that way.
It's not just me tho who feels that way...

But if you personally think you are being fair then idk... You do you

You were the one who brought that up with how even if it we're to give downgrades, you wouldn't accept it to be canon...

I just talked about what it looks like in terms of your mindset is on how you do things
That's not my mindset... I used the word "Even" there to show that even if it were the case and I did make judgements based on that, I wouldn't let myself be biased to accept or reject the canonicity because of upgrades or downgrades.

No, you don't think it's enough evidence because you personally don't want it to be
You've seriously misread my post if you think I'm saying there "I don't want it to be canon."

It's not just me tho who feels that way...

But if you personally think you are being fair then idk... You do you
You and the others are entitled to your opinions. All I'm doing it make a judgement based on what has been presented and the current standards on Canon. You don't have to agree with me, but I've given my vote.

That's not my mindset... I used the word "Even" there to show that even if it were the case and I did make judgements based on that, I wouldn't let myself be biased to accept or reject the canonicity because of upgrades or downgrades.
You still brought that up for no reason... But sure
You've seriously misread my post if you think I'm saying there "I don't want it to be canon."
You are saying "For me personally, that's not good enough confirmation. I can't just pretend that it's good for me.", that's you disagreeing with it having enough confirmation because you personally don't like it... How have I misread the post?
You and the others are entitled to your opinions. All I'm doing it make a judgement based on what has been presented and the current standards on Canon. You don't have to agree with me, but I've given my vote.
Sure... just wanted to bring attention to you with how you do things and how it can be viewed

You are saying "For me personally, that's not good enough confirmation. I can't just pretend that it's good for me.", that's you disagreeing with it having enough confirmation because you personally don't like it... How have I misread the post?
Because that has nothing to do with "liking" it.

I didn't write that because I personally don't like the special or whether or not it is canon. Sorry if I was unclear on that.

Sure... just wanted to bring attention to you with how you do things and how it can be viewed
I'll bear that in mind.

To me, the fact that it SPECIFICALLY SAYS it covers the gap of THE ORIGINAL STORY AND THE ANIME is enough for it to be canon. It contradicts not a single thing narratively either.

It doesn't have to be directly contradicted for it not to be canon.

Besides the point entirely. That's just support. It's canon because it specifies it covers the original story's gap with the author's approval.
If we had a direct statement from Oda that said that the events of the TV Special happened in the original story, then I'd be fine with it, but I don't think that's the case here.

The comments from Akinasu Takagi state that the events of the timeskip aren't covered in both the original story or the anime, so they've produced a new episode that will fit into that gap. Oda has given them permission to make it but he hasn't overseen it and he didn't write it. As far as I'm concerned based on what I've read there isn't enough evidence for this to be canon to the manga.

If we had a direct statement from Oda that said that the events of the TV Special happened in the original story, then I'd be fine with it, but I don't think that's the case here.
Unnecessary. We've accepted other medias as canon for less. We have a statement that Oda approved it and that it's meant specifically to fill the 3D2Y gap for the "original story" aka the manga, and the anime. That's all the evidence needed for it being canon.
The comments from Akinasu Takagi state that the events of the timeskip aren't covered in both the original story or the anime
"---we decided to make a story about Luffy's two years, which is not revealed in the original story and is also included in "3D2Y"."
The "also" makes it obvious that it belongs in both. They even go out their way to say it isn't an "original story" to the anime like usual OVA's.

Reason why 3D2Y is canon
1. it doesn't contradict the timeline and is stated to expand on what happened during the time skip
2. oda not only aproved the making of this special but reviewed the script
3. oda was partly involved in the making of this movie he drew the villain

I already responded to your previous post on this isee, and I haven't anything in your scans about Oda having reviewed the script. The first pic you posted is just Oda approving the idea for the TV special.

And Oda designing the villain is irrelevant to its status of canonicity. Oda designed Uta too but the events of Film Red aren't canon to the manga.

I'm not even gonna bother correcting the Film Red part lol.
I know there's obviously plot contradictions in the events of Film Red that would prevent it from being considered canon, but it just goes to show that just because Oda designed a character for a TV special / movie, doesn't mean that his influence in it is making those TV specials or movies canon to the manga.

I mean obviously the actual plot of the movie isn't canon but iirc it's been stated that Shanks' abilities and the backstories are.
This is minor but there's also a shadow in what ever chapter it is that Shanks scares Aramaki that looks like Uta but it's not really elaborated on so I couldn't use it as evidence ( plus that whole scene was to promote the movie and hype Shanks basically ).

So Shanks' abilities, and his backstory, are canon.
Uta, POSSIBLY, PROBABLY, canon. Not even 70% sure bout her.

I already responded to your previous post on this isee, and I haven't anything in your scans about Oda having reviewed the script. The first pic you posted is just Oda approving the idea for the TV special.

And Oda designing the villain is irrelevant to its status of canonicity. Oda designed Uta too but the events of Film Red aren't canon to the manga.

image0.png

image0.png

your ignorance is making you blind bro
(No offense)
you said oda have nothing to do with 3D2Y I showed you he created the character called “world” Who was Created By oda

your ignorance is making you blind bro
(No offense)
you said oda have nothing to do with 3D2Y I showed you he created the character called “world” Who was Created By oda
Dude, I already knew about that and addressed why that's not relevant.

Nice attempt with the "no offense" when you're blatantly trying to offend me by calling me blind and ignorant.

IMG_4648.png
Dude, I already knew about that and addressed why that's not relevant.

Nice attempt with the "no offense" when you're blatantly trying to offend me by calling me blind and ignorant.
I will explain your five

what is definition of canon.?
Wiki stated that if the author give permission to other writer to write a part of the story Like star war animated it will be considered canon

did oda gave approvals/permission?
Yes he have

Wiki stated that if the author give permission to other writer to write a part of the story Like star war animated it will be considered canon

did oda gave approvals/permission?
Yes he have
We have our own page and standards on Canon.

I have question Why do you think oda created world? If it wasn’t canon than why did oda make an effort to make world
I'm not going to speculate on Oda's thought process. He created World for the TV special and that's all we know. We don't know he designed World deliberately in order to be a canon character. There's no reason why Oda couldn't just provide a design for a non-canon TV special for the anime. He's also done design work for the movies too but we don't accept those as canon.

If World shows up in the manga itself, then great. For all we know we might get a flashback panel to Luffy's training time and see World.

Ok all cause I can see it as canon doesn't mean that I'm gonna agree with these dogshit arguments
I have question Why do you think oda created world? If it wasn’t canon than why did oda make an effort to make world
This is so ******* wrong

Oda has drawn Douglass Bullet, Patrick Redfield, Carina, Adio Suerte, Gild Toreso, Bacarrat, and literally dozens of non canon characters who have no connection whatsoever to the main canon

Actually now I'm switching to disagreeing with the canonicity of the movie
Oda only interferes with movies which are canon like Z or red (the events aren’t canon)
Oda interferes with the non canon anime. Who is telling you this bullshit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back