• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece downgrade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I personally feel like it can be used is because it acts similar to other statements of getting LS perception/reactions, a statement from a weaker luffy calling something too slow to then a stronger and more alert luffy calling something too fast... Using LS as a minimum via the statements should be fine and there is no calc stacking involved if it's from a statement
To add onto your point, here are the buffs to this instance over the one where Luffy dogged on a beam of light:

-Luffy was greatly superior in terms of speed to his previous self
-He had improved his Kenbun, even unlocking Future Sight
-The previous feat was casual
-Kaidou could blitz him in Gear 4th

It is clearly not Lightspeed perception, that is him reacting and preciving a attack that he already knew was coming. and yes. Observation haki is already accepted as Precog. The point is that their reaction to "SoL attacks" are based both on the attacks being much further away, and knowing it was coming before it was even used.
And luffy did the same with another situation with better obs Haki and called it too fast so that doesn't matter...?

that comes from both the statements? Giving a minimum LS perception that's useable for the feat (assuming it's accepted in the other thread)
I know where this logic comes from. But what I'm curious about is where the numbers come from. 0.000000003336 mathematically (I know where the numbers come from. (0.000000003336 comes from dividing 1 by 299792458, which is the speed of light.) What I'm curious about is why this logic is used to give a time frame for how a person can respond to light.

Suppose we have character A who can move beyond perception B within 20 meters, and character B shows us that he can respond to light. 20/0.000000003336 (caused by bringing 1/speed of light) = 5995203836.93 m/s or 20c (FTL+) Yes, if you say yes to this. I think it would be fair if the other chapters There are characters that can respond to light and can do the same, like the scene where Garou blitzes Platinum Sperm. We just have to find a way. Then use the time frame to perceive the light. This was because they had FTL success, and even slower characters like Atomic were able to react to light. (Of course you guys don't have to mention this in this thread, but I'm just saying that if One Piece could use this, There are other things. There are many other things that can be done as well.)

And luffy did the same with another situation with better obs Haki and called it too fast so that doesn't matter...?
This can be a matter of distance being much shorter and and how long Kaidous preperation before luanching the attack was. Not even talking about How the were moving at eachother.

Suppose we have character A who can move beyond perception B within 20 meters, and character B shows us that he can respond to light. 20/0.000000003336 (caused by bringing 1/speed of light) = 5995203836.93 m/s or 20c (FTL+) Yes, if you say yes to this. I think it would be fair if the other chapters There are characters that can respond to light and can do the same, like the scene where Garou blitzes Platinum Sperm. We just have to find a way. Then use the time frame to perceive the light. This was because they had FTL success, and even slower characters like Atomic were able to react to light. (Of course you guys don't have to mention this in this thread, but I'm just saying that if One Piece could use this, There are other things. There are many other things that can be done as well.)
well the difference is that those don't involve any statements to them (I'm assuming)
I know where this logic comes from. But what I'm curious about is where the numbers come from. 0.000000003336 mathematically (I know where the numbers come from. (0.000000003336 comes from dividing 1 by 299792458, which is the speed of light.) What I'm curious about is why this logic is used to give a time frame for how a person can respond to light.
Since luffy with future sight and enhanced senses could barely react to kaido and called it too fast so you'll then use that method as it's about reacting

well the difference is that those don't involve any statements to them (I'm assuming)

Since luffy with future sight and enhanced senses could barely react to kaido and called it too fast so you'll then use that method as it's about reacting
ok, I think I'll wait and see the calc group's comments as well, because this still doesn't make me understand how to pick numbers as low as 0.000000003336 will be a good choice.

This can be a matter of distance being much shorter and and how long Kaidous preperation before luanching the attack was. Not even talking about How the were moving at eachother.
these are extra assumptions to something that don't matter or involve the statements... Luffy clearly reacts to the movement and refers only to the movement not the preparation or anything else

these are extra assumptions to something that don't involve the statements... Luffy clearly reacts to the movement and refers to the movement not the preparation or anything
Asumptions???? They are extremly important to be able to do a proper calc. It is also important to be precise to minimise the chance of something being wrong. calling all of the irrelevent for the feat is like you are trying to scale only the attack speed, and not actually the Perception or reaction speed. To calulate any type of speed we Need a time and distance whice we can get through various calulations, and anything that can affect it is relevent and need to be mentioned in the calc. For example, a SoL attack that takes 5 sec to load, and is 1km away from the target, and the target manages to barley dodge, will natrualy be much less of a speed feat then a instant SoL attack fired from 1 meter.

Asumptions???? They are extremly important to be able to do a proper calc. It is also important to be precise to minimise the chance of something being wrong. calling all of the irrelevent for the feat is like you are trying to scale only the attack speed, and not actually the Perception or reaction speed. To calulate any type of speed we Need a time and distance whice we can get through various calulations, and anything that can affect it is relevent and need to be mentioned in the calc. For example, a SoL attack that takes 5 sec to load, and is 1km away from the target, and the target manages to barley dodge, will natrualy be much less of a speed feat then a instant SoL attack fired from 1 meter.
Hmm? I don't think you understand the calculation's method then

Luffy reacts to a speeds movement and calls it too slow, a stronger/faster luffy barely reacts to a speeds movement and calls it too fast, which is where the minimum LS perception comes from and has nothing to do with involving anything else

If you start using anything else then it becomes Calc stacking (then the reactions would come from a Calc) which I'm assuming is what you're trying to say to do

Last edited:
Hmm? I don't think you understand the calculation's method then

Luffy reacts to a speeds movement and calls it too slow, a stronger/faster luffy barely reacts to a speeds movement and calls it too fast, which is where the minimum LS perception comes from and has nothing to do with involving anything else

If you start using anything else then it becomes Calc stacking (then the reactions would come from a Calc) which I'm assuming is what you're trying to say to do
Again, you are not reading what i said. The first one is no where near fast enough to be called SoL reaction or perception from. The distance, preperation time, acceleration, motion. Is far slower then the 2nd feat. It is by no means enough to randomly say "it is atleast SoL" We can only go with "higher"

The bolded part is where the calc stacking begins - though as CloverDragon pointed out earlier there is currently an ongoing thread to address this.

Again, you are not reading what i said. The first one is no where near fast enough to be called SoL reaction or perception from. The distance, preperation time, acceleration, motion. Is far slower then the 2nd feat. It is by no means enough to randomly say "it is atleast SoL" We can only go with "higher"
Well how fast you think luffy's reaction is doesn't matter, as the statement alone confirms it to be "atleast SoL"

No its not. Luffy just verbatim states that LS is too slow to tag him.
UIGydYr.png

It literally cannot be calc-stacking it involves only itself and makes only one assumption using this manga panel. Also multiple threads have been made about this topic already.
Is there any statement that the incoming attack was at the speed of light?

It is a lazer so it is natrualy at SoL, They just ignored distance, how long it took for Kuma to fire, and Luffys precog.
In my opinion, the distance from which the attack came is also important. How far away does he call an attack "too slow"? If it is a long distance and we do the calculations, maybe it will not have a speed of ftl. In this case, a contradiction may arise. But I don't know much about One Piece, I don't know the context. I'm just stating my opinion. Also, there is no SoL statment for attack, I think it could be a calc stack but admins know better than me.

Also, there is no SoL statment for attack, I think it could be a calc stack but admins know better than me.
It doesn't need a statement if it obviously moves at the speed of light. These are literal laser/light beams Luffy is dodging, which comes from a Pacifista (a robot)

Other points are fair though.

It doesn't need a statement if it obviously moves at the speed of light. These are literal laser/light beams Luffy is dodging, which comes from a Pacifista (a robot)

Other points are fair though.
What I mean is, is the distance of the attack clear? Because not every character running away from light has the speed of light, it varies depending on the distance. I think Luffy's "too slow" statement may change accordingly. I also think we need statment to calculate other characters from this success.

In my opinion, the distance from which the attack came is also important. How far away does he call an attack "too slow"? If it is a long distance and we do the calculations, maybe it will not have a speed of ftl. In this case, a contradiction may arise. But I don't know much about One Piece, I don't know the context. I'm just stating my opinion. Also, there is no SoL statment for attack, I think it could be a calc stack but admins know better than me.
Luffy starts moving when its less than meter away.

Can't provide a detailed evaluation of Calc 1 till the other thread is resolved.

For Calc 3, this one seems like it can be solved just by using the full distance that Queen's beam travelled rather than the distance between Queen and Marco.

For Calc 4, you're right that it doesn't make sense for Sanji and Queen to be half a meter from each other.

I think Feat 1 for Calc 4 is perfectly fine and the recalc is unneeded, honestly. The explosion is an indication that the light just made contact with the ground, meaning that by the time the light made contact with the ground, Sanji had jumped that full distance.

I think Feat 1 for Calc 4 is perfectly fine and the recalc is unneeded, honestly. The explosion is an indication that the light just made contact with the ground, meaning that by the time the light made contact with the ground, Sanji had jumped that full distance.
We can clearly see that when Sanji traveled 6 m, a large amount of laser light had already been fired. I don't think measuring total distance is such a good option. And the explosion we saw may have been an explosion from the laser that was fired after the first shot. The assumption that he was just moving to avoid getting hit by the laser seems safer to me.

The fact the explosion is that large means it hit the ground a while ago. Unless the explosions are mftl or something.

The fact the explosion is that large means it hit the ground a while ago. Unless the explosions are mftl or something.
  1. Suspension of disbelief
  2. Again, this would have to assume that Sanji let himself get hit and then jumped, which is a completely unfounded assumption

By that logic, we'd have to assume Sanji sat there and let himself get hit, and then jumped away which makes no sense. My stance remains unchanged
Why this assumption is that sanji allowed himself to be attacked to jump, I don't understand.
We calculated the time frame from when the first light shot would reach Sanji. This means that the calculations say that Sanji moved in the same time frame as the first beam that reached the last position he was in before the jump

Yeah, I'm failing to understand what you mean by "he would have let himself get hit according to Shadow's calc".

Moreover You said the beam exploded. That is a clear argument that Sanji had not moved within 6 m in the same time frame as the light traveled to his last location before the jump. Because the light needs to travel through that location and hit the ground, after which an explosion occurs. Your explanation further convinced me that the old calculations were wrong.

The explosion is a sign that the light has made contact with the ground. Thus, by the time the light made contact with the ground, Sanji had jumped that distance. Otherwise, Sanji would've gotten hit before he jumped

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back