• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fifteen 3D2Y

If OPverse trully reach Tier 5, it would be in the low end, Moon level to Planet level at best.

Buy more likely it would only reach Tier 6, likely at Continent level to Multi-Continent level.

And why would he need to bust one? Only possible explanation is either Enel or Fuji drop one on the planet for whatever reason. Currently makes no sense for the story, especially with how little is left.

Yeah, i cannot see anyone busting a moon.

However, i can still see several feats that could potentially happen in the story:

- Blackbeard creating a violent earthquake on a global scale, causing volcanoes to errupt or generating massive tsunamies across the entire planet.

- Fujitora drop even larger meteorites from outer space or even take large chucks of rock from the Moons.

- Dragon creating a storm bigger than any real life hurricane in a few seconds.

- Someone destroying the Red Line or portions of it.

- Having Oars (in a flashback) actually lifting a continent making making his title as "Continent Puller" legitimate.

- Sai actually splitting a continent with his Dragon Nail.

- Or maybe someone creating an explosion/shockwave so large that can be see from space.

Mr.Cinos15 said:
@Calaca

Agreed, anything beyond tier 2 doesn't fit, heck even tier 2 wouldn't fit well into the story, but I can still hope for 2-A Luffy ovo.Although Tier 5, now that's where it's at, although 4-C would be extra nice as well.

Now I know that he/she is extremely overhyped by everyone, but do you guy's think that Im only has supreme political power, or do you guy's think Im-sama might be able to fight? And if so, at what level (Yonko level, Admiral level, etc) do you all expect him/her to be?
Tier 6. 6-A.

6-A to High 6-A at most. That's where OP should be.

I don't think there's anything suggesting Im has a great deal of personal power. It's sort of been a theme that the most powerful political figures in the World Government (the Celestial Dragons) are all pathetic and weak, so Im being super strong would be weird.

What political power could someone have when no one even knows they exist?

The CDs are so weak and unintelligent that I can't see the marines following them unless they had someone else backing them up. While most of the CDs are useless bags of flesh the Gorosei are noticably different in design and how they function as making decisions.

Also I can't see Akainu rising to the level of Kaguya or YHWH. The final villain has to be considerably stronger or else One Piece will be considered a failure of the HST.

IM>Gorosei>Garp, SenGoku, & Kong Combined.

> What political power could someone have when no one even knows they exist?

He controls the Five Elder Stars, giving him the most political power in the entire world.

My point. He only controls the gorosei so he must be more powerful than them who are in turn more powerful than their subordinates.

Apparently Mihawk's eyes are red in the manga; same as Imu's, idk maybe an ability or race thing that could make IMU powerful.

In terms of authority / politics yes, but you know that the Gorosei don't need to have more personal power than the Admirals or the Fleet Admiral, right?

@Damage if you have a better theory as to why someone as moral as Garp or blood-thirst as Sakazuki would submit to the CDs I'm all ears.

@Dr. Fix; chain of command. Seems pretty simple to me. The Celestial Dragons / Five Elders also control Cipher Pol. Rebelling against the World Government (and the guys who run the World Government) isn't a good idea generally speaking.

That's circular reasoning.

They serve them because they are their superiors because they serves them because they are their superiors . . . .

Everythign else is about power. Rocks ruled over many top tiers with power. Big Mom Rules with power, The Fleet Admiral>Admiral>Vice Admiral . . .

I see no reason to beleive the Gorosei are any different, especially as you haven't provided one.

@Dr. Fix; I'm not sure I'd call that circular reasoning.

Why does a soldier in real life obey a superior officer?

Why does a military general obey a civilian prime minister?

> I see no reason to beleive the Gorosei are any different, especially as you haven't provided one.

You haven't provided any reason to think the Gorosei are powerful / more powerful than the Fleet Admiral.

I feel that the sword unit was made to combat the world government. Maybe the Gorosei and Imu hold power over the marines, one by funding them and keeping unity between countries thus allowing the marines to opperate and two maybe the higher up marines are kept in line due to however the gorosei and Imu "extinguish lights"

Depends on the regime. In cases of totalitarian it is all about power and fear (the regular CDs do not have). In democracy it is about popularity (The CDs do not have).

Besides you over-looked the standards of shoenen including One Piece. Power is within super humans and rank is a product of differences in power.

But I'll stop there. I doubt I'll convince you and you certainly won't convince me with the proposed arguments. We'll just have to wait and see who is right.

Stefano4444 said:
Yeah, i cannot see anyone busting a moon.
However, i can still see several feats that could potentially happen in the story:

- Blackbeard creating a violent earthquake on a global scale, causing volcanoes to errupt or generating massive tsunamies across the entire planet.

- Fujitora drop even larger meteorites from outer space or even take large chucks of rock from the Moons.

- Dragon creating a storm bigger than any real life hurricane in a few seconds.

- Someone destroying the Red Line or portions of it.

- Having Oars actually lifting a continent making making his title as "Continent Puller" legitimate.

- Sai actually splitting a continent with his Dragon Nail.

- Or maybe someone creating an explosion/shockwave so large that can be see from space.
I forgot how many Continent-Level Statements are there in One Piece

I mean

Wow

Luffy destroying the Red Line would be a feat that probably will ocour. I think about it since the vision on the Fishman island.

Damage3245 said:
I don't think there's anything suggesting Im has a great deal of personal power. It's sort of been a theme that the most powerful political figures in the World Government (the Celestial Dragons) are all pathetic and weak, so Im being super strong would be weird.
While that's true, Im-sama be powerful isn't an unreasonable option, like Dr.Fix say power escalation is a thing.

And In-sama doesn't give the same vibe as the Celestial Dragons, he is clearly a far greater threat in both authority and power.

Dr.Fix said:
Depends on the regime. In cases of totalitarian it is all about power and fear (the regular CDs do not have). In democracy it is about popularity (The CDs do not have).

Besides you over-looked the standards of shoenen including One Piece. Power is within super humans and rank is a product of differences in power.

But I'll stop there. I doubt I'll convince you and you certainly won't convince me with the proposed arguments. We'll just have to wait and see who is right.
You must have read another manga, no royal in OP is stronger than the people they govern by default, heritage is everything. King Cobra, King Ryu, technically Wapol yes, King Neptune, the Shogun from Wano, the CDs,...

IM and Gorosei dont need to be a single-man-army.

Rei Rubro said:
Luffy destroying the Red Line would be a feat that probably will ocour. I think about it since the vision on the Fishman island.
Yeah, me too. But the question is how that feat will be done. Whether through Luffy's own power or probably through the use of a weapon, perhaps one of the Ancient Weapons

Rei Rubro said:
People are forgetting Doffy and Elizabello.

Im-sama probably has a lot of known and involvement with the void century. I imagine he has a hax ability, maybe a void or rw-based devil fruit.
Didnt include Doffy because he became king after dethroning Ryu. I did forget about Elizabello, tho. The point was that being strong doesnt make you"king" or ruler by default. Same way I wouldnt count Crocodrile for almost dethroning King Cobra, or Hody.

SupremeGilgamesh said:
Do you think Dragon will have a Paramecia Weather based Devil Fruit? If not or yes,why? And if yes,what do you think would be the name?
Either a Paramecia Weather based (Ara Ara no Mi) or a Logia Wind based (Kaze Kaze no Mi).

Since the Zoan Dragon Type was already taken by Kaido, we only have this two options to explain his powers.

PaChi2 said:
Dr.Fix said:

You must have read another manga, no royal in OP is stronger than the people they govern by default, heritage is everything. King Cobra, King Ryu, technically Wapol yes, King Neptune, the Shogun from Wano, the CDs,...

IM and Gorosei dont need to be a single-man-army.
Terrible examples. Royals can be taken out if they lack power, therefore power is required to maintain position. The authority of royals pales to that of CDs, not because of their birthright, but because pepole fear the power of the admirals.

So again, it all comes down to power.

Tbh Dragon could still have the dragon devil fruit; Kaido in his dragon form didn't have a little text box stating what his fruit power was like King and Queen did (Oda at the point would have no reason to hide his devil fruit power since we assume we can see him using it via being a dragon) so yeah I'm still betting on Dragon having the dragon fruit.

"Terrible examples. Royals can be taken out if they lack power, therefore power is required to maintain position. The authority of royals pales to that of CDs, not because of their birthright, but because pepole fear the power of the admirals.

So again, it all comes down to power."

Ok, now Im lost. My point was that you dont need to have crazy individual power to be chief. Afaik, we dont know how the Gorosei or Im are "selected" for their position, I didnt mean it was by birthright if that is what you thought. They may be the strongest in the WG, orr maybe not, only time will tell.

Back