• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Canonicity of 3D2Y there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also it's suddenly a crime to say that Oda interfering with movies or drawing characters makes them canon?
Even though people like Shiki, Uta, and Shanks were either revealed in these movies or had a considerable amount of info on them dropped in said movies?
Worst part is the comparisons to movies like Stampede where they clearly don't make sense even from a powerscaling point of view because this is pre-Wano Luffy defeating someone "stronger than Prime Rayleigh" supposedly, whereas this one is very easy to comprehend and it all fits in the story.
There could be an argument that we literally never hear about the events of it outside of it, but this is kind of the case with Strong World and Red, so..

Also it's suddenly a crime to say that Oda interfering with movies or drawing characters makes them canon?
Even though people like Shiki, Uta, and Shanks were either revealed in these movies or had a considerable amount of info on them dropped in said movies?
Worst part is the comparisons to movies like Stampede where they clearly don't make sense even from a powerscaling point of view because this is pre-Wano Luffy defeating someone "stronger than Prime Rayleigh" supposedly, whereas this one is very easy to comprehend and it all fits in the story.
There could be an argument that we literally never hear about the events of it outside of it, but this is kind of the case with Strong World and Red, so..
But Red isn't treated as canon.

Strong World may end up having a discussion about it in the future, but that's not a part of this thread.

Oda has drawn characters for damn near every filler anime arc, movie, and video game.

Shiki and Uta are 2 out of dozens.

Strong World is canon because Oda says it is and he flat out wrote an entire chapter listing the backstory of it.
Film Red isn't canon, it has canon information which was provided and supported from the movie book given after.

Like I said.
Sure, he's drawn characters for other things, but those are either specifically said to not be canon, have no proof of being canon, or just make 0 sense plot or powerscaling wise.
Here we have them saying that 3D2Y shows what happened during the timeskip, we have Oda drawing a character and making a backstory for them, and it all fits perfectly in the story.
There's no problem with this, and you say Shiki and Uta are 2 out of dozens?
Why can't there be 3 out of dozens?
It ain't a crime.

Like I said.
Sure, he's drawn characters for other things, but those are either specifically said to not be canon, have no proof of being canon, or just make 0 sense plot or powerscaling wise.
Here we have them saying that 3D2Y shows what happened during the timeskip, we have Oda drawing a character and making a backstory for them, and it all fits perfectly in the story.
It ain't a crime.
It ain't a crime.

But it's not enough to be canon. It doesn't just have to conveniently slide into events for it to be canon and Oda drawing a character means nothing at all.

I mean I personally disagree but if you feel that way I can't really convince you otherwise.
But I see it as us having a lot of proof that it is/can be canon, and not nearly as much proof that it isn't.

"2/3 were shown and referenced in the manga"
Buddy. Shiki may have been referenced like once, or twice, in the manga. Then never again.
Uta had 0 references in the manga and I swear to god if someone mentions that page with Shanks I'm gonna lose it, having a brief silhouette of a movie character in a scene that is practically a promotion for said movie doesn't make them canon, we have specific things that state she is but the manga is NOT one of them.
And iirc "the 3rd one" still has proof outside of the movie that it's canon, that's kind of the whole point of this thread.

Buddy. Shiki may have been referenced like once, or twice, in the manga. Then never again.
Mentioned twice, and shown in Chapter 0.

Uta was referenced in the manga, but not in any way that affects Film Red's status.

The one when Shanks came to Wano and talked to Ryukugyu, which Oda said was actually Uta

Oda originally wanted to bring Shiki up in the talk with Shanks and WB, then he made Sengoku mention em, then Orochi's relative transformed into him, then he got an entire chapter

The one when Shanks came to Wano and talked to Ryukugyu, which Oda said was actually Uta
IMG_7119.png

Oda originally wanted to bring Shiki up in the talk with Shanks and WB, then he made Sengoku mention em, then Orochi's relative transformed into him, then he got an entire chapter
I get it, although I'm pretty sure that's a special chapter for the movie.

Yeah no doubt Shiki is canon and I'm pretty sure they say he and Luffy are the only ones to break in/out of Impel Down (successfully).

Like I said.
It ain't a crime.
Pop off king 😤

Those never say that they're written by Oda, it just says that Oda is involved with its creation

Books don't have multiple authors. "Created" referencing One Piece manga

Those never say that they're written by Oda, it just says that Oda is involved with its creation

Books don't have multiple authors. "Created" referencing One Piece manga
Pretty sure books can have multiple authors.
Even if they can't or usually don't Oda can still supervise it to see if it's okay in his mind.

I will try again with the novel which is written by oda I will get proof for that
Pretty sure books can have multiple authors.
Even if they can't or usually don't Oda can still supervise it to see if it's okay in his mind.
And it has never been stated / confirmed that Oda has written or supervised he 3D2Y novelization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back