• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1054: "Flame Emperor" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Greenbull used the forest muscle move on the scabbards, unlike with King and Queen where we saw him use one hand, so unless they're stronger than King and Queen, we shouldn't include those two into this when we literally don't know what he did against King and Queen besides the giga suck.
Bro, He used one hand to Absorb their moisture, He actually used his Tree technique even though it's offscreen.

That's an assumption though, since we literally don't know how the fight went. All we saw was the conclusion.
Wich one is Assumption? Mine or yours? The fight is offscreen but the entire forest is there, Ryokugyu Passive is just A Flower, not the tree.

I'm under the impression that Shanks has the last Red Poneglyph AND knows Luffy has 3 at his disposal (because of the territories he's been in).
Maybe Shanks is going to tell Bart to tell Luffy to meet him at Elbaf? Shanks says he wants to find the One Piece but said nothing about Pirate King. If his intentions to be that are based off getting it, then I doubt Luffy would agree.
We might see Shanks vs Luffy after all

Was the town we saw where the rebellion started Logue Town? I could swear it looked like it-
Yeah it does look like it. The platform shown looks like the execution platform where Roger was killed and Luffy was almost killed

Last edited:
Something I really liked in this chapter is the small glimpse into Shanks and Ben Beckmann's dynamic. They pretty much seem like partners

Beckman is supposed to be the smartest character in the series, and roughly as strong as (current one-armed) Shanks, so he is not at all like Zoro.

However, I am not sure how the first claim is supposed to work with Vegapunk around. Maybe Vegapunk is a Doctor Doofenschmirtz-style idiot savant?

Robin isn't an extraordinary genius though. Chopper and Franky might have higher raw intelligence than her, and Nami and Usopp be comparable, even though all of them except for Nami usually act silly.

Had a dream last night where the Manga finally revealed Vegapunk and he was an evil scientist who like was boiling people alive to test a new formula or something
Weird. He is working for Akainu though, and the army were doing Nazi- or CCP-style human experimentation on King, so it is certainly possible.

pretty sure he has some sort of connection with the ancient weapons, or atleast in my view that would be where he best fits.

I'm more confuzzled about why tf Im went for VIVI. they ignored:
The one carrying THE HAT
The most destructive man in the world
A literal ancient weapon

But chose Vivi? That's sus

remember im had the knife in the vivi picture
https://cdn.****************.com/file/opctcb/onepiece/onepiecechapters_908_14.jpg

Double checked- Vivi's indeed the only unstabbed one. There's something there.
Also it's funny how there's theories about Im controlling the oceans in all the world/Being the only water based ocean ability user, and the room they're in is surrounded by greenery and trees, which Greenbull this chapter said is a power that "rivals the ocean itself" or something like that

It seems like my instincts were likely correct then. Imu killed Cobra and kidnapped Vivi in order to instigate a potential schism between his enemies along with accelerating a full-scale global extinction war against the revolutionary army before it can have the time to ally with the Straw Hats and Shanks, for example.

Last edited:
It seems like my instincts were likely correct then. Imu killed Cobra and kidnapped Vivi in order to instigate a potential schism between his enemies along with accelerating a full-scale global extinction war against the revolutionary army before it can have the time to ally with the Straw Hats and Shanks, for example.
Makes sense. CP0 assassinated him and frames Sabo, but when marines find this out and realize all the dirty shit the world government does, they revolt. Imagine Akainu and Aramaki's reaction when they realize what actually happened at the reverie..

Last edited by a moderator:
Akainu and Aramaki are both bigoted, ruthless, elitist, and totalitarian as hell though. I am not sure if they care about extreme corruption as long as it helps them to maintain the status quo world tyranny.

https://cdn.****************.com/file/opctcb/onepiece/onepiecechapters_908_14.jpg

Double checked- Vivi's indeed the only unstabbed one. There's something there.
Also it's funny how there's theories about Im controlling the oceans in all the world/Being the only water based ocean ability user, and the room they're in is surrounded by greenery and trees, which Greenbull this chapter said is a power that "rivals the ocean itself" or something like that
Luffy = Joyboy
Shirahoshi = Poseidon
Vivi = Uranus
Blackbeard = Pluton

Maybe?

Luffy = Joyboy
Shirahoshi = Poseidon
Vivi = Uranus
Blackbeard = Pluton

Maybe?
I assumed she's Uranus (king of the skies) because there's been a theory going around that the Alabasta rain was caused by her subsconsiously calling it out.
But then why would Im target one Ancient weapon and not the other, even though both are present?

Akainu and Aramaki are both bigoted, ruthless, elitist, and totalitarian as hell though. I am not sure if they care about extreme corruption as long as it helps them to maintain the status quo world tyranny.
From my take
Akainu is the extremist like "you freak up I'll kill you mother freaker"

Aramaki follows the same mindset but by an lesser extent "things is good as it is, if you stand against it, i guess i will have to kill you after all"

Based on the ideals and type of government that they aggressively enforce and represent, I think that they are considerably worse than that, and stand by my earlier assessment.

Based on the ideals and type of government that they aggressively enforce and represent, I think that they are considerably worse than that, and stand by my earlier assessment.
I agree but if we're being honest, 90% of other one piece characters have serious issues. One Piece brings alot of realism to the table and shows just how utterly disgusting society is as a whole.

Well, how utterly disgusting the absolutely power-hungry and greedy totalitarian lying manipulative control freak psychopaths that tend to end up in power in our world really are at least. Most people at large are acceptably decent, and the world itself is extremely beautiful. However, I agree with the overall sentiment.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back