• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1049: "The world that should be" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, it really looks like Kaido was sent straight to hell. Busted right through the ground and is now falling to pits of hell.
I didn't notice that we got much of a closeup regarding what happened to him, but it would be best to drop the remaining explosives into Kaido's crater.

Holy shit, Luffy's dream is so SIMPLE and childlish yet so pure??? I feel like that's Roger's dream, their "secret" dream. A world where everyone can eat as much as they like.
BEAUTIFUL.
Big Mom wanted equality through everyone being giant
Kaido wanted everyone to be equal in fighting
Luffy wants everyone to be equal with their eating rights lmao

I wonder what Shanks' dream is- if he even has one at all

1. Is the cloud dispersal worth calcing?

2. Anyone remember that one fan manga where an injured Katakuri fought the Blackbeard Pirate Commanders (and only lost due to Lafitte using Brulee as a hostage) and was about to face off against Blackbeard?

I REALLY wish that were canon, mainly so that Kata could fight and match Blackbeard and get some yonko-level respect

1. Is the cloud dispersal worth calcing?
Considering the entire panel turned clear white while the panels prior had a literal whirlwind of clouds concentrating around the clash? Absolutely. It might not be a high result, but it's definitely worth noting considering this is all Luffy's impact to Kaido's face, rather than a yonko clash

Considering the entire panel turned clear white while the panels prior had a literal whirlwind of clouds concentrating around the clash? Absolutely. It might not be a high result, but it's definitely worth noting considering this is all Luffy's impact to Kaido's face, rather than a yonko clash

On the final pages the clouds are still present above Onigashima. I think the background being white in that moment is just an artistic choice.

On the final pages the clouds are still present above Onigashima. I think the background being white in that moment is just an artistic choice.
Is it? I assumed those were just a second lower layer of clouds. Onigashima was falling in the last panel we see clouds (there's a smoke trail going up and into the clouds). Aren't those just a lower formation?

While CP0's not supposed to retreat, some messenger's gotta survive to tell the Elder Stars what the shit is happening
Imagine that story.
Imagine having to tell the elder stars:
  • We failed to kill Luffy
  • Luffy defeated the strongest creature
  • We lost an agent for nothing
  • Straw hat awakened/transformed (he was infront of the live floor an surely should've seen Luffy when his head got shot through the dome into the live floor)

This is gonna change the world

Nothing is confirmed yet, though.
I honestly think Kaido is still conscious, but he might very well flat out admit defeat because meeting Joy Boy has been his goal and he technically succeeded at it.

Luffy broke Kaidou's horn
QAFzLfi.jpg

zhCB2LW.jpg

I have come back here to state that I can't actually fathom that we are legitimately watching luffy defeat kaido, it's like something that we all know would happen but now it's happening and I can't believe it's actually happening bwcause the default thought is that it's gonna happen far in the future.

Is this what it's gonna feel like when luffy finds one piece?

I have come back here to state that I can't actually fathom that we are legitimately watching luffy defeat kaido, it's like something that we all know would happen but now it's happening and I can't believe it's actually happening bwcause the default thought is that it's gonna happen far in the future.

1000% will
kamen-rider-zero-one-amatsu-gai.gif

It's another thing that gets us closer to the endgame. And honestly I can't even imagine what that endgame will be like-
One Piece hit different like that

Shiiiiiiit I just realized-
The "Kaido isn't down yet" camp might be right.
It's very convenient how we didn't get to see the clouds go out based on his KO, but by the water spilling out of the island. We don't know if the flame clouds are out due to Kaido actually being defeated.

I don't want it to be the case because I don't want this to drag out, but I can kinda see their case now

Shiiiiiiit I just realized-
The "Kaido isn't down yet" camp might be right.
It's very convenient how we didn't get to see the clouds go out based on his KO, but by the water spilling out of the island. We don't know if the flame clouds are out due to Kaido actually being defeated.

I don't want it to be the case because I don't want this to drag out, but I can kinda see their case now
Nah. Kaido is done. Even if he is conscious, I believe he will concede defeat

Even if he is conscious, I believe he will concede defeat
100% agree but I can't wait for it to age like milk
Kaido admitting defeat because he reached his secret Goal of finding Joy Boy would be a great turn for his character tbh. Now imagine the WG after hearing "the strongest creature" is now Luffy's subbordinate

Of all races and all creatures on the Planet, Kaido is crowned the #1 , Out of several Pirates who can fight with him. Only one can defeat him, he is the Monkey Massive D. Luffy.

He might not be referring to physical defeat, but an ideological or philasophical defeat instead.

Last edited:
Yeah it's possible , Kaido admits Roger, Rocks and WB power because he had fought together in God Valley, Kaido admits Oden For leaving a permanent Scar, Kaido recognizes Shanks for being able to block him going to MarineFord. I'm not sure that after the God Valley incident Kaido met and was defeated by either Roger or WB. because in flashback he was arrested and placed in the WG Facility as an Experiment subject most likely a few years after he disappeared during the Fall of the Rocks pirates and 10 years after that he was in Wano, the timeline is Oden Out Wano, Kaido In. In Flashback of Joyboy's conversation by King and Kaido, King said that the person who can defeat Kaido doesn't exist mean that as long as he's with King and Formed the Beasts Pirates he's never got defeated.

Considering the new chapter and "he gets captured when he's hungry" thing, I won't be shocked if that's just a lie woven by the WG.
They likely used his "captures" as defeats and probably the Rocks incident as well.

They lied entirely about the Rocks incident and said Garp was the one who defeated them- so clearly they aren't shy about blatantly lying when it comes to certain figures

Considering the new chapter and "he gets captured when he's hungry" thing, I won't be shocked if that's just a lie woven by the WG.
They likely used his "captures" as defeats and probably the Rocks incident as well.

They lied entirely about the Rocks incident and said Garp was the one who defeated them- so clearly they aren't shy about blatantly lying when it comes to certain figures
Government Way.

Got caught by Navy or Enemy no less than 18 Times, not defeated. He got defeated 7 Times. There's no way he got defeated as a Captain of Beast Pirates like I said above.

Wouldn't it have said he's been defeated 18 times as a pirate then to match the number of times he was captured?
That's true. The flashback got a lot of skipping since the marines already have previous experience with him getting caught, though.
He definitely could have lost before but that little flashback makes it a little more questionable if his record of L's is that high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back