• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1049: "The world that should be" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Official Release: Viz

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
"- In another flashback, Kaido tells King that Joy Boy will be the man that can defeat him."

I knew it- "It's BECAUSE it's wano that I'm here"
"Do you think I'M Joy Boy?" Kaido chose wano not because he wanted to enslave everyone and whatnot (that came with the circumstances) he wanted to finally meet Joy boy.
I'm so glad a throw-away idea I tossed turned out to be somewhat correct. The second leak hint shows a waterfall, so I await for my second "Luffy will open the borders by pushing wano back down to sea level" to come true-

This arc is coming to a most glorious end

Also Kaido is not done just yet, it’s still a big punch and we haven’t seen the last wisdom king and it just so happens to be the central one.
High dosage of copium but I feel his awakening is coming.

Also Kaido is not done just yet, it’s still a big punch and we haven’t seen the last wisdom king and it just so happens to be the central one.
I did see people saying there's no winner card yet, so you might be right.
Or Oda's saving it for the next one (like with every big victory. The victory cards are usually a chapter after)

Last edited:
Come to think of it, the central Myou is Vairochana. What if LUFFY is that? After all Vairochana's japanese name is "Dainichi Nyorai", translating to: "Great SUN Buddha" and "Maker of brilliant LIGHT"
Sounds very close to Sun God Nika and the bringing of Dawn.
Kaido might not show the last Myou because he's fighting him. Hyogoro even called Luffy a wisdom king- so it kinda comes full circle.

I mean he could have already used his awakened form in his giant fire dragon form.

Yeah that's a technique (he calls it by bagua after all). Maybe he never awakened because of his last chapter's claim about the Haki thing and he focused on that? Or he's been awakened and just never said it.

SAME.

We do not need another Dressrosa.
I could see more since Kaidou did not use the last Wisdom King attack and because Kaidou was never confirmed to have Awakened

But since we at 1049-1050 and this feels very much like a common One Piece fight ending for an arc, and Oda is known for not always confirming or showing all these theories that people have, I can absolutely see this being the end of the fight

Hope it's over, I want to see Morj's reaction to the potential Raid succeeding

Honestly, the only reason I loved this fight despite it dragging on when I hate Dressrosa for the same reason is because of the juicy scaling Kaido and Luffy are gonna get.

Also, it's a pity that Kaido's giant fire Dragon wasn't some kind of Awakened form for Kaido, although considering it melted G5 Luffy's hand it's clearly far above Kaido's normal power level.

I really hope that Luffy does not get permanently crippled from hitting Kaido's flame dragon.

Who knows? Maybe getting the Shanks treatment would be a sign of growth for his character and a sign of how far he's come.
Apparently one of the earlier leaks had that too but said Luffy grew it back (reminds me of Katakuri regrowing his arm after grilled Mochi)

With the flashback of Kaido saying Joy Boy will beat him followed by him falling down- I think it's done. Only reason he landed in the capital is so everyone sees their wishes come true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back