• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
YO, CAN I SAY HOW MUCH I LOVE GEAR 5TH'S DESIGN?

Shit looks clean af
6oBs4iu_d.webp

I'm not super 8nto One Piece on the site, but personally its probably better to wait until the fight is over or Luffy gets a better full body image before a key is made or anything.

Yes they are

Oda playing 5D Chess with this foreshadowing
txiNGOz.jpg

ffMIFry.jpg
You're mistaking foreshadowing with using past elements of your story.

None of this hints Luffy's form, change in fruit, him being a Zoan, or him being associated with the Sun God himself. Oda likely decided that after Chapter 950 where Hyogoro points out he is like the Sun God in G4.

None of this was foreshadowed, and it's perfectly okay, it's fire either way

None of this hints Luffy's form, change in fruit, him being a Zoan, or him being associated with the Sun God himself. Oda likely decided that after Chapter 950 where Hyogoro points out he is like the Sun God in G4.

I think he definitely planned it out for a while at least since time skip tho he could have went about it better

I'm just a teeny tiny bit disappointed that the fruit wasn't model Sun Wukong or Hanuman but other than that ... what an amazing chapter. Only Oda could turn one of the most significant battles into a Looney Toons style cartoon fight and it still works

BTW it still remains unanswered if Luffy is the first user of the fruit since the void century or if he's simply the first to awaken it

kgy7mpdof0861.png
Does this count as foreshadowing?
Also haven't red the chapter yet, man i'm late

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back