• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think strength really matters, not that she’s weak or strong, she is pretty useless tho.
In an ideal world, Carrot would join at the crew's lookout (what she did towards the end of the Whole Cake Island arc) and she would eat Monet's snow logia Devil Fruit.

Yamato would join in much the same role as Oden, minus the Poneglyph reading.

Both have expressed a desire for adventure.

Black Maria ain’t old, she’s just his side piece. Yamato and Black Maria are almost the same age.
Yamato's Mother is doesn't Important to the story like Oden's Mother, Robin's Father and Zoro's Father too.
:unsure:Could Yamato be a hybrid since she isn't a giant oni woman(Black Maria has over 3 times her height)?
c0e2d1d5f38211ee0f4da73d61aa4d02.jpg

Last edited:
Wait, why she would eat Monet's DF?
It's a pretty old theory, from years back, that Monet's Devil Fruit would respawn among the Thousand Sunny's tangerine farm and Carrot would end up eating it due to some link to Japanese myths about snow rabbits.

The theory didn't come true in Whole Cake Island but still stands a slight chance of happening in the future.

RIGHT? The guy crucifies people and kills innocent civilians just fine. The whole reason his bounty's as high as it is, is because he's a public threat.
He's just as terrible a guy as Kaido is.
I didn't think that he kills civilians. In that case I obviously don't want him to join.

I didn't think that he kills civilians. In that case I obviously don't want him to join.
I think in a way I want Kaido to be an ally the same way Crocodile was. They're not redeemable, but between pirates that understand your goal and marines that are against you, you gotta choose the lesser evil.
Doesn't make'em friends- just temporary allies on the battlefield.

Kaido is an absolutely ruthless barbaric tyrannical slave-monger who starves his subjects to death, including children. It would be like allying with Kim Jong Un mixed with Genghis Khan, which is completely unacceptable.

What will the vs battles entry for Luffy's Gear 5 key look like?

Should we restart the Wano blog? Or just add people like Luffy, Zoro, Yamato, Sanji, King, and Queen to the God Tiers scaling blog?

RIGHT? The guy crucifies people and kills innocent civilians just fine. The whole reason his bounty's as high as it is, is because he's a public threat.
He's just as terrible a guy as Kaido is.
Not as bad. He explicitly disapproves of slavery, but definitely bad enough.

What will the vs battles entry for Luffy's Gear 5 key look like?

Should we restart the Wano blog? Or just add people like Luffy, Zoro, Yamato, Sanji, King, and Queen to the God Tiers scaling blog?
I was thinking earlier it could be a whole new key for Post-Raid Luffy.
So wano Luffy stays, but the new key will be "Post-Onigashima raid", since we're waiting for the arc to finish to add everything anyway.

Yamato doesn't seem to be transgender according to Oda and the original Japanese text though. It is something that seems to have been added by overly cautious western translators who do not want to be perceived as transphobic.

Anyway, enslaving an entire country to the point of starvation is considerably worse than anything we have seen or been told that Kidd has ever done.

Yamato doesn't seem to be transgender according to Oda and the original Japanese text though. It is something that seems to have been added by overly cautious western translators who do not want to be perceived as transphobic.

Yamato has at least referred to themselves as a man, so it's not like it is coming out of nowhere.

I'm more curious to see how it'll be treated going forwards if Yamato joins the Straw Hats. If Yamato, for example, decides not to bunk with Robin and Nami but bunks with the other guys instead, then that'll be something interesting to factor in.

Anyway, enslaving an entire country to the point of starvation is considerably worse than anything we have seen or been told that Kidd has ever done.
Yeah, it's supposed to be taken seriously, just an internal joke amongst fans, "Lol, even Kaido respect LGBT", even though that's not really the case necessarily.

I suppose, but it has a precedent in some other manga, and I strongly doubt that a backwards savage misanthropic psychopathic macho barbarian like Kaido would care at all about recent western cultural norms.

Last edited:
Yamato looks kind of similar to the beautiful woman that Higurashi transformed into in front of Orochi, but I think that seems extremely unlikely and also kind of disgusting.

Okay. No problem. It could just be that Kaido wanted a son and treated Yamato accordingly because of this though.
I think it's because he wants Yamato to be shogun, and just like Samurai, females can't be Shogun. So he refers to her as "son" to keep the image up (as even some of his crewmates don't know she's female)

^^ adding to that- we have an actual case of it with Kiku, who identifies as female yet refers to herself with "Sesha"(?) which is a term typically used for men. The only difference is that Kiku is also referred to by the author with female pronouns while Yamato isn't.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back