• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1044: "Warrior of Liberation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, given that Oda does feature several legitimately transgendered characters, most prominently Ivankov, Bon Clay, and Kiku, it seems like he would have been far more straightforward with it if that was the case with Yamato as well.

It is most likely true though. Kaido is a beast. Also, I think that he manage to score a win in our currently listed official versus thread between them.
whitebeard still mid/high diffs in my eyes, nothing will ever change that, also that would mean current luffy is the strongest in one piece if he beats kaido which is just :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: unless yall hinting oda got bad writing when it comes to strength🤨

Luffy is not invincible even if he is the strongest (likely except for Imu). He is still just one person, and his enemies can easily gang up on him. The Blackbeard crew combined are far stronger than Kaido, for example, and Blackbeard can nerf Luffy to his base mode.

also that would mean current luffy is the strongest in one piece if he beats kaido which is just :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:
Kaidou is weaker than he is normally due to having fought so many people for so long which was brought up by Yamato, plus even taking into account Luffy's awakening it shouldn't be able to contend with other top tiers for long due to stamina.

whitebeard still mid/high diffs in my eyes, nothing will ever change that, also that would mean current luffy is the strongest in one piece if he beats kaido which is just :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: unless yall hinting oda got bad writing when it comes to strength🤨
1: strongest doesn't mean there aren't rivals
2: Luffy's only the "strongest" with awakening, not constantly.
3: Roger said the next generation's going to surpass his, meaning there might be beings in elbaf that are just as strong as if not stronger than Kaido, and considering they're not connected to the outside world-- it's not impossible that the world just doesn't know.
4: BLACKBEARD AND IMU still exist. Both of which are being written to be the actual BBEGs, former of which hasn't even reached his full potential and could STILL take a hit from WB and has the 2 strongest paramecia and Logia AND can turn off Luffy's DF- which is his biggest deal currently. And the latter's unknown to the world itself for now.

Kaido's "strongest" was always temporary if you ask me. He was gonna be the Strongest until Wano. Big Mom's likely surpassing him in the next arc too-

Luffy is not invincible even if he is the strongest (likely except for Imu). He is still just one person, and his enemies can easily gang up on him. The Blackbeard crew combined are far stronger than Kaido, for example, and Blackbeard can nerf Luffy to his base mode.

There is so little known about Imu we can't even claim if it is likely that he is strong. For all we know he rules just from a hereditary position, and could be no stronger than King Stelly.

Kaidou is weaker than he is normally due to having fought so many people for so long which was brought up by Yamato, plus even taking into account Luffy's awakening it shouldn't be able to contend with other top tiers for long due to stamina.
um luffy has taken just about the same beating as kaido...the raid, kaido and big mom, ko'ed, getting ko'ed again and drowning, and getting ko'ed again before awakening.

1: strongest doesn't mean there aren't rivals
2: Luffy's only the "strongest" with awakening, not constantly.
3: Roger said the next generation's going to surpass his, meaning there might be beings in elbaf that are just as strong as if not stronger than Kaido, and considering they're not connected to the outside world-- it's not impossible that the world just doesn't know.
4: BLACKBEARD AND IMU still exist. Both of which are being written to be the actual BBEGs, former of which hasn't even reached his full potential and could STILL take a hit from WB and has the 2 strongest paramecia and Logia AND can turn off Luffy's DF- which is his biggest deal currently. And the latter's unknown to the world itself for now.

Kaido's "strongest" was always temporary if you ask me. He was gonna be the Strongest until Wano. Big Mom's likely surpassing him in the next arc too-
1. mid rivals tho
2. eh still has the higher peak
3. i do agree with there possibly being stronger beings than yonko level characters but you really think oda would downgrade the entirety of the ogs to like chopper level EoS
4. BB does indeed negate devil fruits power but hes not gonna be the last opponent luffy fights against, he still got quite a few boss fights to go, so its bring the question of how strong are the others, imu probs knows the weakness of the fruit so fair
Big mom always is gonna be a fodder yonko but who knows maybe kaido will be that guy
All in all i dont think luffy has yet approached that level and kaido definitely is not on that level

1. mid rivals tho
3. i do agree with there possibly being stronger beings than yonko level characters but you really think oda would downgrade the entirety of the ogs to like chopper level EoS
4. BB does indeed negate devil fruits power but hes not gonna be the last opponent luffy fights against, he still got quite a few boss fights to go, so its bring the question of how strong are the others, imu probs knows the weakness of the fruit so fair
Big mom always is gonna be a fodder yonko but who knows maybe kaido will be that guy
All in all i dont think luffy has yet approached that level and kaido definitely is not on that level
We're literally endgame, Kaido can definitely be on thay level.

Shanks likely has Luffy beat in skill, and stamina, and have more than enough AP to hurt him, so I'd say Luffy loses against him even if Luffy is stronger.
Blackbeard and Imu too.

Idc about Akainu, he gets the bellamy treatment for all I care.

um luffy has taken just about the same beating as kaido...the raid, kaido and big mom, ko'ed, getting ko'ed again and drowning, and getting ko'ed again before awakening.
Difference is he was given the chance to recover with those knock outs, and after he was knocked off Onigashima he was given the opportunity to heal by eating meat (pretty sure laws crew gave him some medicine as well)

1. mid rivals tho
The yonko and yonko tier aren't suddenly gonna be mid-
As far as we know. Literally the same arc WB was introduced as the strongest, he died and was surpassed today. You can be the strongest today and not tomorrow, same as Luffy could be the strongest vs Kaido but others just get stronger in the background as well.
Crocodile was portrayed as far weaker than his Shichibukai peers for his early introduction, but returned strong enough to clash with hawkeye, doffy and cut Akainu in half. For all we know Kaido's loss today motivates him to get stronger.
Who knows- either way, he has the strongest logia and strongest paramecia, and they haven't been even awakened yet. Even pre-awakening Gura had WB on Kaido's tier, so imagine BB with an awakened Gura AND Yami.

All I'm saying is-- Luffy coming out of this arc the "strongest" doesn't mean there aren't hidden OP beings out there. BB and Imu are only two examples, and we've yet to know a thing about the God of Elbaf figure that we heard about, too-
Just wait 'till he gets side-stepped so Sabo can take him instead

We're literally endgame, Kaido can definitely be on thay level.
not really, we got a bit to go.
Shanks likely has Luffy beat in skill, and stamina, and have more than enough AP to hurt him, so I'd say Luffy loses against him even if Luffy is stronger.
Blackbeard and Imu too.
Well then luffy isn't the strongest in terms of ranking or actual stats if he loses to shanks
akainu finna be the one to fodderize luffy no kizzy

Difference is he was given the chance to recover with those knock outs, and after he was knocked off Onigashima he was given the opportunity to heal by eating meat (pretty sure laws crew gave him some medicine as well)
yeah there is a big difference and its that luffy was hurt much worse than kaido in those instances, yes he did recover but def not fully, the accumulated damage hes taken is far worse than kaidos. but regardless, there still in the same ballpark of damage taken.

yeah there is a big difference and its that luffy was hurt much worse than kaido in those instances, yes he did recover but def not fully, the accumulated damage hes taken is far worse than kaidos. but regardless, there still in the same ballpark of damage taken.
It's gonna be the exact same case that it was with Doffy, where the whole fandom doesn't acknowledge the fact that both were hurt both before they fought each other and while they fought each other.

Only for Oda to say they took equal amount of damage, just like he justified Doffy tanking gamma knife being equal to Bellamey's assault on Luffy. Somehow

The yonko and yonko tier aren't suddenly gonna be mid-
u said rivals in which luffy has none really besides fodder ones, and BB really. they're all mid at this point
As far as we know. Literally the same arc WB was introduced as the strongest, he died and was surpassed today. You can be the strongest today and not tomorrow, same as Luffy could be the strongest vs Kaido but others just get stronger in the background as well.
dont think WB was the strongest, he just had the title with him still. eh, or kaido was just never truly the strongest, hes not even a top 2 yonko for me(strength wise). 🗿
Crocodile was portrayed as far weaker than his Shichibukai peers for his early introduction, but returned strong enough to clash with hawkeye, doffy and cut Akainu in half. For all we know Kaido's loss today motivates him to get stronger.
ah yes, the most plot armored arc in all of op. well i mean that is true but that stagnated growth by others is horrendous.
Who knows- either way, he has the strongest logia and strongest paramecia, and they haven't been even awakened yet. Even pre-awakening Gura had WB on Kaido's tier, so imagine BB with an awakened Gura AND Yami.
Kaido was a fraud the whole time, WB mid diffs.
All I'm saying is-- Luffy coming out of this arc the "strongest" doesn't mean there aren't hidden OP beings out there. BB and Imu are only two examples, and we've yet to know a thing about the God of Elbaf figure that we heard about, too-
the suggestion was that hes stronger than prime beard and roger who are like #1 and #2 of the verse which suggests that the ogs have already been left behind

u said rivals in which luffy has none really besides fodder ones, and BB really. they're all mid at this point
That's because prior to being Yonko tier, Luffy couldn't have Yonko rivals. Now he does. Fleet admiral Akainu, the new Admirals we've seen little to nothing, Elbaf's strongest (if there are any), and the 4 yonko are still considered "rivals" if they offer competition.
dont think WB was the strongest, he just had the title with him still.
Tell that to the 18212 sources that say he is.
ah yes, the most plot armored arc in all of op. well i mean that is true but that stagnated growth by others is horrendous.
Either every character that clashed with Crocodile is back to town level, or Crocodile just got stronger. Considering we now have the concept of "haki blooming"-- y e a h.
the suggestion was that hes stronger than prime beard and roger who are like #1 and #2 of the verse which suggests that the ogs have already been left behind
No reason he shouldn't be. He can do the exact same type of haki infusion and becomes unquatifiably stronger than that with his hybrid states. He could also fight with Oden when he was weaker, the same Oden who also clashed with the same WB that rivaled Roger. And the same Oden who became MUCH stronger after sailing with them.

Luffy being that strong is only scary because it means the story's getting closer to its end. Otherwise the actual showings and scaling flat out make it obvious that he scales that high (if not higher depending on 1044 and how his awakening's dealt with in the future-)

Who knows- he'll likely have it upon returning. If Oda didn't forget about him
Forgot to mention armament in my old comment. I would be suprised if didn't have these in Marineford. He was shown in a few manga covers post timeskip; when Luffy & Law aliance was made public & Doflamingo faked leaving the Warlords he's seen with spies gathering information for him; after the Whole Cake Island fiasco he was shown in fancy place reading the news; doubt he'll ever be forgotten.
Are we sure Luffy's fleet in the end of Dressrosa wasn't forgotten? It would have gotten in handy in the arc where they against 2 Yonkos.

That's because prior to being Yonko tier, Luffy couldn't have Yonko rivals. Now he does. Fleet admiral Akainu, the new Admirals we've seen little to nothing, Elbaf's strongest (if there are any), and the 4 yonko are still considered "rivals" if they offer competition.
But then mr. Strongest creature is gonna have the biggest fall off in history.
Tell that to the 18212 sources that say he is.
18213 sources saying he isn’t.
Either every character that clashed with Crocodile is back to town level, or Crocodile just got stronger. Considering we now have the concept of "haki blooming"-- y e a h.
Never said he didn’t get stronger just everyone else’s growth essentially hit a plateau for him to catch up that quick without having MC plot armor. Lucky croc
No reason he shouldn't be. He can do the exact same type of haki infusion and becomes unquatifiably stronger than that with his hybrid states. He could also fight with Oden when he was weaker, the same Oden who also clashed with the same WB that rivaled Roger. And the same Oden who became MUCH stronger after sailing with them.
Oden got fodderized/will get fodderized by WB no matter how long he lived. Which then again, Luffy>Primebeard and Roger is wild.
Luffy being that strong is only scary because it means the story's getting closer to its end. Otherwise the actual showings and scaling flat out make it obvious that he scales that high (if not higher depending on 1044 and how his awakening's dealt with in the future-)
Luffy being that strong is indeed scary but he still has a lot of growth in him, which is why he still hasn’t surpassed the OG god tiers in my eyes. We still have like 3 major arcs to go, Elbaf, the entire WG and Marines, other stuff i between, and probs a time skip arc. Which then again if Luffy is already above OG god tiers, and in my eyes has alot left to grow, the OG’s will be like 14th commander level.

Shouldn't you people wait until the next chapter to start arguing Luffy vs the rest of the world? If Luffy wipes the floor with Kaido still in the next chapter then I don't think there is logically someone who can beat him right now.

I doubt it will be one-sided but if it is, Oda will find a way to nerf this form to balance things out

Shouldn't you people wait until the next chapter to start arguing Luffy vs the rest of the world? If Luffy wipes the floor with Kaido still in the next chapter then I don't think there is logically someone who can beat him right now.
Shanks, BB, Akainu, Shiki(trust the process), and Mihawk. My man Kaido is a fraud.
I doubt it will be one-sided but if it is, Oda will find a way to nerf this form to balance things out
In the last panel of the leaks, kaido was perfectly fine after getting that "comedic" beating. Pretty sure we're gonna have a tense fight and luffys drawback will be limited time in this form.

Mihawk mid diffs, Shanks mid diffs, Akainu mid/high diffs, BB high diffs, and Shiki high diff.
Mihawk High Diffs.
Shanks simply doesn't win. (60/40 in favor of Kaido)
Akainu is made his bitch.
BB might hax, but gets one shot due to shit tier durability (maybe he improved)

Shiki idk.

Kaido is the strongest Yonkou, great person.

Mihawk High Diffs.
Shanks simply doesn't win. (60/40 in favor of Kaido)
Akainu is made his bitch.
BB might hax, but gets one shot due to shit tier durability (maybe he improved)

Shiki idk.

Kaido is the strongest Yonkou, great person.
they all win.
also kaido is a fraud, hes not that strong.
kaido is a great person indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back