• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1043: "Let us die together" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
Hmm. It seems like everybody still in fighting condition need to make a last stand here.

"Raid will fail" people are eating well this week, damn. Of course, this doesn't confirm a thing, but we will have to stand their "I told you so" attitude for two whole weeks.

Although, the CP0 being actually dead doesn't seem concrete, some translations say he's stomped, some say defeated, and one with very poor English says it's dead verbatim.

Most of the times a winner is announced by the Manga itself, assuming that's what it is, it's literally the end of that fight in particular, so we might NOT see Kaido vs Luffy again. Is there a situation where one has fought again AFTER their defeat was announced?

Well, first Law and Kidd got lucky against Big Mom and then Luffy got unlucky against Kaido, so it evens out. However, he still did extremely well by singlehandedly matching the speed and raw power of a Yonko for such a long time. He simply wouldn't have been able to keep up with Kaido's sheer stamina in the long run.

Well, first Law and Kidd got lucky against Big Mom and then Luffy got unlucky against Kaido, so it evens out. However, he still did extremely well by singlehandedly matching the speed and raw power of a Yonko for such a long time. He simply wouldn't have been able to keep up with Kaido's sheer stamina in the long run.
Oda doing good Powerscaling narrative?!?

I think so. If Luffy manages to decisively beat Kaido on his own, it wouldn't make sense that he will have massive problems against Blackbeard and Akainu later on.
I meeeean, one could still make the argument that Kaido was severely damaged by tens of people before Luffy even got the chance to 1v1 him.
Although that would come from the sentiment "I want Oda to make sense" rather than an honest argument.

FB_IMG_1641040545252.jpg

"- I recommend you not to read more of this chapter until there are no images, this chapter is way better like this."

That's all I need to hear to not look at anything related to the chapter until friday. The leakers are actively trying to keep information away for a good reason-

Something unexpected, fun, and uplifting, presumably. I love this series for its message of fighting for freedom against tyranny (whereas so many other works encourage people to turn into control freak oppressors instead), and JoyBoy seems to be the living embodiment of that. "The drums of liberation" indeed.

Last edited:
So Joyboy and Nika were the same person, and apparently, Luffy is him too. It's not a huge surprise, but it's intriguing and probably one of the most important events in the entire series. Now I wonder if Joy Boy should necessarily be a "D" (Because the letter is shaped like a smile) or necessarily someone who is predestined to always defeat oppressors, bringing liberation and joy to the population (Because Kaido thought that Luffy wasn't Joy Boy for his earlier defeat).

Surely the future chapters will be filled with new revelations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back